[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with panic attacks? They suck a lot.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1495304867898.jpg (60KB, 690x538px) Image search: [Google]
1495304867898.jpg
60KB, 690x538px
How do you deal with panic attacks?

They suck a lot.
>>
>>37165704
>no normies here know the feel

i just go through with it. what else are you supposed to do?
>>
My therapist told me I just have to "ride the symptoms" and wait til it's over.

Sounds like bs, but I don't know of a better way. Honestly every time I try to calm myself down it gets worse so the best thing for me is really to just "ride the symptoms"
>>
>>37165704
I have anxiety/paranoia issues but I can avoid them most of the time if I avoid kids. I dunno if other people get them periodically or if they are triggered by something though. If you get them randomly, I'm not sure what to tell you.
>>
i just go with the flow and suffer
im almost in one right now i wish the building crashes soon
>>
>>37165729
Many times I can keep it from happening by watching a lets play on youtube to distract myself but bottling it up isn't good for me
>>
>>37165704
The panic attacks are relatively fine, it's the cool down into a frustrated sadness that hurts the most
>>
I find that hot water helps me to return to normal. Because it helps your muscles relax I guess. Sometimes when it gets really bad all you can do is keep telling yourself it's not gonna kill you and you've had these before.
>>
>>37165983
What muscles do you put it on?
>>
Anyone else able to get a bunch of hair in their hand when they just run their fingers through it?
Not going balding. Been happening for years. Only 21 and I think it is stress related.
>>
File: 1480487218440.gif (281KB, 350x263px)
1480487218440.gif
281KB, 350x263px
I tend to drink a bunch of water, which I do normally, but like compulsively.

Drinking water and refilling a water bottle gives me a sense of control for some dumb reason, and it keeps me from having to talk to people.

With my new job I have to deal with some intense social situations; I should probably see a psychiatrist now that I have health insurance.
>>
take methylcobalamin b12 tablets

basically reduced my anxiety by 75%
>>
Well a panic attack for me means worrying that I am going to have a heart attack. I push on my chest in various areas which just makes them feel weird where I pushed them, which reinforces the psycho-suspicion that I am having a cardiac episode. It is totally psychosomatic and yet I manage to experience it more days than not. I'm 23. This never happened until this year. Worst year of my life.
>>
>>37166162
What do you do?
Sometimes I just down a whole 16)I think) ounce waterbottle and refill it because it pours out just fast enough to not have to stop. Once continuous drink, one pour.
>>
File: meme.png (241KB, 476x478px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
241KB, 476x478px
Venlafaxine.

orgigiginaamama
>>
>Sister came home for the summer
>Can't cry myself to sleep or weep openly during the day anymore
>>
>>37166019
Usually I shower if I can when I'm having a panic attack. So, your whole body I guess. I also find holding something warm to be relaxing.
>>
File: 1472426360873.jpg (37KB, 425x748px)
1472426360873.jpg
37KB, 425x748px
>>37166254
That's some power drinking.

I fill in for head custodians at elementary's. So I have to deal with day to day shit, but lunch is intense. Like 200-800 kids all acting like wildlings, and me and one attendant and the head cook to police them all.
>>
>>37165704
I get up and walk around and just do general "things" because it makes me feel as if I'm in control and that I'm gonna be okay.

Like, I'll literally just walk around and open doors, run taps, sit down and get up again, etc. I really haven't found a good way to deal with anxiety, other than completely cutting out drugs and alcohol (which has made my anxiety go down quite a lot)
>>
>>37166597
When I went to sunday school we had a juice drinking contest and I completely destroyed it. That's how I found out I could drink really fast.
>>
>>37166655
I'll try some if I can
They usually hit at night and in this small hose things like opening doors,etc can be heard through the whole thing usually
>>
be self aware, know when one is happening
breathe slowly and try your best to distract yourself
>>
>>37165704
I honestly can't deal with it. If I'm outside I just run away or run back to my car or some shit then hide there until I calm down.
>>
I seldom smoke.
that said I do only to avoid panic attack/calm one or just to have fun when I'm hanging with friends.
so smoking.
>>
>>37165704
I don't have them. What are they like OP?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.