[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/25+/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 29

>tfw getting duller and dumber

>tfw drinking only 3 beers leaves you feeling weird the next morning

>tfw moved out into your own place and 'on your own' but in a scary kind of way
>>
File: stop fat.png (138KB, 257x257px) Image search: [Google]
stop fat.png
138KB, 257x257px
>when someone actually treats you like a adult and you don't know how to act
>>
>>37160248
Question for everyone potentially posting ITT

at what point did you start to feel old?

When I was 25 I still felt like a 20 year old, still walking around in autism shoes and smoking weed and wearing band shirts and listening to My Chemical Romance.

I think when "dabs" was a thing in the weed world was when my old man switch went off, whenever that started becoming a thing with normies. I say this as someone who smoked weed everyday for about 9 years.

When I first heard the word "dabs" I immediately got blood red mad. I'm still triggered by it. It's just a monosyllabic grunt with no effort or thought put into it.

Oh, and when Drake was a thing? he just appeared out of nowhere one year in like 2013 or something. I always and forever knew him as the kid who got shit by the nerd on Degrassi: The Next Generation. Then he started mumbling about how he started from the bottom which is absolute horse shit and also made me go into angry old man mode.

I also quit smoking weed but that wasn't entirely related to that. It was mostly because my main guy for 9 years also got old and he got out of the business.

Now I'm 31 and shifting into a new career that I actually know I want to do no matter how hard it might get. Not that I actually had a career in the first place as a wagie stoner college drop out.

I at least feel better now than I do when I was 25. 25 is some real quarter-life crisis shit but 30 is like "well it could be worse haha"
>>
>>37160491
>Now I'm 31 and shifting into a new career
wut is that?
>>
>>37160248

>26
>At job for seven months now.
>Mom wants me to come back where they are in their home country.
>Just take your vacation time and come
>Grandma wants to see me I do to, don't want to make her sad
>Same time don't want to, mom just expects me to.
>Texts me daily where are you what are you doing

I'm overweight, im miserable, think I'm depressed, maybe. I hate myself.
>>
>tfw haven't moved out of mom and dad's house
>tfw haven't finished my BA program yet; no job
>tfw drinking 3 beers doesn't get me drunk even
>tfw no gf
>>
File: 1494743070032.png (16KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1494743070032.png
16KB, 604x516px
are 23 yr olds welcome?
>>
>>37160601
music production & audio engineering

There are a few private colleges that offer programs directly related to that, as well as some community colleges and some university programs related to sound design. Until I scrape together the money for that I can also teach myself since I have some of the needed software. Some I bought and have a lifetime membership for, some is freeware open source, some I totally pirated.

All this time, over a decade that I always wondered what to do in life music was the only thing that kept me going, it was always under my nose.

I'm also basically starting from scratch too. I used to play the piano and flute up until grade 10 I think, it was a mandatory part of our school but since then I've managed to forget everything about that.

I don't care if if I'm like 35 by the time my career starts to take shape and I make no money and have to work another job on the side. That is what I want in life.
>>
>>37160491
Drake had a song that reached #2 on the charts in 2009. He's been a thing for a while
>>
>>37160491
i'm 25 right now

mentally, i'm still like 16. i watch wrestling, get drunk, play vidya games and jerk off.

i maintain a job and have my own place and gf, but i only do those things so i can enjoy doing the shit i mentioned above
>>
File: 1243978207068.png (53KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1243978207068.png
53KB, 320x224px
>>37160491
I am 26 and I started feeling old right at 25, and it has been getting worse and worse. I want off father time's wild ride
>>
>>37160248
>27
>haven't made a single new acquaintance since I left school
>last friend I made was 7 years ago
>my entire days are work / shitpost / sleep
This is going to be my life for the next 30 years.
>>
>>37160491
I'm 28, but don't quite feel old. Joined the Navy last year, and people are always surprised to learn I'm as old as I am.

There are younger guys who are always complaining about how their bodies ache from PT or how they have to get waivers to get out of doing physical assessments, but I have none of those issues.

I don't think it'll hit me until 30.
>>
>>37160775
not trying to judge you desu but what exactly is the appeal in watching sweaty men hump each other in a ring
>>
>>37160491
Why the fuck could the word "dabs" possibly piss you off so much? Do you want me to holler at you like, "hey come to my apartment and we'll vaporize some concentrates"

It's just such a strange thing to get triggered over
>>
>>37160927
not him, and I haven't watched wrasslin since like 1999 or something back when it was the WWF Attitude Era, but it's all about the spectacle.

The actual physical wrestling is not that great. Especially not in the WWE, but it's all about the drama and characters. Guys you love to hate and others you just love.

It was a bit more extreme in the late 90s when you had ECW and even the WWF was doing things like Hardcore matches with barbed wire and the same stuff.

It's basically like watching a live martial arts action movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFI3gG_POCk
>>
>>37161018
weed culture was always retarded, I could tolerate stuff like BRO I GOT SOME MAD LOUD KUSH DRO PIFF and other mouth-noises but for some reason "dab" was what threw me over the edge.

Probably because it's also a normie dance meme.
>>
>>37161089
Personally, I only find it offensive when they call it "derbs" or "errl'
>>
going out to a bar with some normies so i'm trying to lose weight and do my hair. first bar i've gone to in 3 years
>>
When I was in college, and then in grad school, I had the sense that I was moving towards a goal. Even if my work sometimes felt pointless, or if I didn't know what I'd do after, I had a sense of purpose and progress.

I'm over thirty now, and have no goals or drive anymore. I'm drifting aimlessly.
>>
stuck in permanent NEETdom. trying to escape by self teaching myself programming. feels like i'm wasting my time.
>>
>>37161296
don't worry, one day you'll arrive in the safe haven of death
>>
>>37160491

Around 27 for me. Nearly every one of my friends had got their career going and found a SO, and I had just dropped out of graduate school and moved back in with my mom. I went back to the store I used to work at and found myself working with a bunch of high schoolers. I had nothing in my life and saw all these young people with their futures ahead of them.

I felt old.
>>
>>37161312
If you're anything like me, trying to teach yourself anything is walking around in circles. Going to take a single part-time class might be good enough to light the fire in you though.
>>
>>37160491
I should add, when I started getting mad at teen girls instead of wanting to fuck them. That's when you're officially old.

I mean.... I still want to fuck them ,sure, but I also mostly get mad at them for putting their wet boots up on the bus & train seats and for being loud as shit at like 2am outside my window in the summer.
>>
>>37160632
Tell them you're saving it up for another time.

>>37160636
What are you planning on doing with your arts degree when you are finished?

>>37160713
No. You don't understand. Some sort of switch gets flipped when you hit 25. It's some sort of stark realisation you are supposed to be a fully functional man, and you have been a legal adult for SEVEN YEARS NOW, and still don't know what you're doing.

>>37160741
I enjoyed the fuck out of the music production units I did as electives while at uni. I did a bIT but somehow did more music units then computing..

>>37160775
These feels are the same....except games don't hold my attention anymore. It's been this way for a few years now tbqh. Probably since I was 22 the interest has been fading. I can put on about half an hour of GTA or something before I've had enough and want to do something else.

>>37160793
Pls no spooky skeleton.

>>37160818
iktfb. Fuck I don't even know how long ago it was I last made a real friend. Well my gf counts. I have so few friends she's become my best friend.

>>37160895
Physically I guess I feel ok? It's just little things, sometimes if I cough too hard I'll pull some strange muscle, shit like that. Gym isn't any harder than it was when I was 18.

>>37161220
I hope you have a fun time

>>37161312
There's little point unless you have the experience on paper to match. Get a job in a call centre, and move from there.

>>37161322
Big boss will protect us all

>>37161296
Does it bother you you don't have lofty goals? Or are you afraid of what other people think if they knew? Being content is fine. It's good! As long as you're really happy.
>>
>>37161391
What did you drop out of and why?

Do you have any degree at all? Graduate college is for masters and phd right? It's not a term we use in Aus
>>
>>37160927
>>37161060
a lot of what he said. when wrestling is good, it's the best thing ever -- a combination of improv, athleticism, believability, strength, charisma, passion, wittiness and empathy all rolled into one.

when wrestling is bad, it's the worst thing ever. fake, unoriginal, anti-climatic, derivative, corny, etc.

these days, the wwe is pretty much the latter, but njpw and others are carrying on the dream.
>>
>26
>getting my haircut last week
>look at my face in the mirror
>i'm starting to get wrinkles in my face
>skin quality has gone down
>my temples have started to recede at my hairline
>starting to see my italian father and grandfather in my face

I'm turning into an old man, yet I never got to enjoy my youth. Now the world expects me to be a big boy, get a real job, move out, settle with some used up 5/10 and marry her like my cousin did, put a down payment on a house, have a kid......yet I feel like a manchild. plz help
>>
>>37161725
>bIT

I...

I am not a smart man, what does that stand for?

Is it like the sandwich?

but yeah it's cool that you did a bit of it in uni. There are a couple of uni programs where I live that do offer a field related to music production and audio tech, as well as studying music to the level of a Phd, but there are also trade schools for music production.

It's never been easier with modern technology. I can't imagine what it must have been like to an audio engineer or producer back in the 80s that had to fuck around with literal tape and all analog equipment,
>>
>>37161874
i'm doing microdermabrasion/facials and botox. makes me look 19 again it's nice.
on the other hand i feel kind of stupid for taking care of my skin when no one sees it, but it's the only skin you ever get.
>>
>>37161943
Bachelor of IT

I don't think there's a single thing in the world that isn't easier now than it was in the past tbqh
>>
>>37161806
BUT, when it's bad it is also good.

I don't watch wrestling, but I do watch the Botchamania highlights on youtube where they showcase all the fuckups from major and indie wrestling organizations.

Stuff like the microphones picking up that wrestlers are telling each other what move to do next, technical mistakes like ring ropes getting loose or video/audio fuck-ups, wrestlers not selling a move at all or selling it way too much, that sort of thing.
>>
File: t h i n k i n g.png (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
t h i n k i n g.png
176KB, 1280x720px
>>37161982
>I don't think there's a single thing in the world that isn't easier now than it was in the past tbqh

getting a gf?
>>
>>37162084
You can do that without going outside. All you need to do is download tinder, and swipe right to every single female you see. Who cares if you don't like them, you're only trying for a practice one anyway.
>>
>>37161312
Not a waste of time friendo. What language are you starting with? What do you intend to do? Make vidya? Be a script kiddie? Or are you trying to start a career? I'm a programmer ama
>>
>>37161391
why'd you drop out of grad school anon? what were you in there for to begin with?
>>
>>37162120
Just like ordering a pizza!

I love living in the future, while also being old enough to appreciate it.
>>
>>37161754

PhD in Demography (Population studies). I wasn't doing well because I was blowing off a lot of class work and I was drinking a lot at the time. Underlying depression, I guess.

I have a bachelors in Sociology and a Master's in Social Science. I currently have a low level office job.
>>
File: 1493420492251.gif (1MB, 284x261px) Image search: [Google]
1493420492251.gif
1MB, 284x261px
I think I've lost my mind. I feel the insanity grew throughout my early twenties and peaked when I hit 25. I feel fine now, all of the sudden. Not only do I feel fine, I feel GREAT. I have no job or career, no degrees, no friends, no girlfriends. I don't know another female soul except for my mom. I feel great though after years of intense depression and anxiety. There's nothing to worry about. I'm optimistic about the future. Normies would be angry if they knew this. I live with my parents and own nothing but I feel I have everything I'd ever need. I exercise and play guitar, paint, cook, read, enjoy nature. I'm lucky In the perspective that I don't give a fuck about negative things anymore. I feel more like a child every day.
>>
>>37162268
I thought you said you were back at some store you used to work at?
>>
>>37162176

see >>37162268

original comment May 20, 2017.
>>
File: SH4j991.png (176KB, 283x270px) Image search: [Google]
SH4j991.png
176KB, 283x270px
>>37162295
Some people call it "giving up" but it's actually "giving in"
>>
File: 1446856289425.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1446856289425.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
I just turned 26 a couple of months ago and the one sign that hit me to tell me I was getting old was the fact that I'm pretty much older than most of the people that work at my job except the managers and a few workers who have been there for at least 10 years

All of them acts so immature and are very nosey

I just come in and do my work and clock out
>>
>>37160491
24 was the hardest year for me as far as panicking about age goes. I generally still think people are children into their 20s and it was the first time in my life where it really dawned on me that I'm not a kid anymore and I'm not getting any younger. That age specifically caused me a ton of anxiety and panic attacks but it's gotten easier over the past few years
>>
>>37162268

I ended up back at the store after I dropped out of grad school. Last year I got the office job.
>>
>>37160741
I did that my whole life as a hobby (now almost 34) but it's always simply been an outlet for my depression. It took a lot time to learn mixing/eq/compression though; don't give up there.

But I have no idea if you can make money off this skill.
>>
>>37162268
>Master's of Social Science
there has to be something out there more than a mere office job.
>>
>>37162360
it's honestly horrible being 27 and trying to do all the things 20-21yr olds do. everytime someone asks my age i lie like some woman
>>
>>37162334

see >>37162385

Sorry, clicked on the wrong post.
>>
>Get back on /r9k/ after 3 years of cold turkey
>Finish my master's degree
>Finally overcame tfwnogf, still on the path to wizardhood
>Have a paid internship with state government

Now all I have to do is find a job after the fact and I'm gucci.

Really once I get the wherewithal I'll probably just spend the rest of my life working my job, living comfortably, traveling, camping, meditating (non-religiously), reflecting on my existence and doing some personal writing. I'll probably start cataloguing my thoughts, feelings and creative ideas at some point and then just go from there.

It's a little narcissistic, but I'd like to think that when I pass someone will go through my things and find something worthwhile. Not like it matters, but it's something I like to think about.

I encourage all robots to do the same. The internet is a sludge pit that will keep you trapped forever if you let it. It's a safe space. The only way you grow is if you leave it.
>>
File: 1491641267574.png (2MB, 1600x1579px) Image search: [Google]
1491641267574.png
2MB, 1600x1579px
>>37162358
You're right, anon. Acceptance is the first step. It's was key. I want everyone else in a shit spot to achieve this but I know it's not realistic. It was too hard to beat myself up and make myself.miserable.all the time. Wasted a lot of energy moping like a faggot..
>>
>>37160248
>tfw turned 25 a few weeks ago
>still have no fucking clue how to interact with people in my parents generations
>tfw professors still intimidate me
>>
>>37162252
Even just small things like

>it not taking 4 hours to download a 3mb file from the internet because you have dialup
>VHS tapes from blockbuster that would be fucked up from too much use
>waiting until "dollar Tuesday" to rent DVDs because you couldn't afford it, where I can now stream everything until my teeth fall out for 12$ a month
>mobile data costing 12 billion dollars for one picture of a titty
>never picked up a single person from a club, yet still had sex thanks to the magic of tinder and internet dating
>emulators are off the fucking chain in how good they are now

I miss Sony Ericsson being a force though. Damn they were comfy phones.
>>
>>37162402

Maybe. At this point I'm not really concerned with trying to do work in my field of study anymore. Right now I'm trying to work my way up in the company I'm currently employed. In two months I'm hopefully transferring to a more analytical position, with better pay.
>>
>>37162390
thanks man, I appreciate it..

I've been watching this vid in chunks to help me ease into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY

Obviously it's old and corny as shit and some of the hardware talk is obviously obsolete but the principles are still the same, and the video is funny as well.

Figuring all the ins and outs of FL Studio is going to be a speed bump for sure. There's a lot in that program. I guess I can only learn by doing.

>But I have no idea if you can make money off this skill.

It's definitely a "feast or famine" type situation, but luckily I live in a big city where there's always audio work needed to get done for TV or radio or video games or whatever else.

I'm also learning music theory so that I can become a songwriter/compose. I'm into all sorts of music and I'm not an elitist that would turn down the chance to sell out and write songs for Katy Perry or something. Max Martin is one of idols, as is Trent Reznor, and Rick Rubin.
>>
>>37162452
>>still have no fucking clue how to interact with people in my parents generations
i have the opposite problem, those are the really nice ones who are patient with how weird i am. it's people my age who can't handle the slightest off things that i do
>>
>>37162360
How is that girl ONLY fat in the thighs?
>>
>>37162436
There's a Buddhist saying that goes something like

>if something is troubling you but you can do something to fix it, there is no need to worry.
>if something is troubling you but you cannot do anything to fix it, there is also no need to worry.
>>
>>37162385
Right, gotcha. Sounds like it's at least improving since last year. Upwards and onwards et al.

>>37162371
Actually same. 24, because I knew I'd be 25 soon.

>>37162431
It is a safe space. Not the internet as a whole, that's a trigger zone. This place. 4chan. There's nowhere left on the internet where it's for me to call someone a shit eating retard and remind them their mother is a nigger when they say something stupid without real world consequences.

It's catharsis in a way, and it's such a shame the internet has become this fake, plastic, "social" place where everyone is even more fake than ever.
>>
>>37162529
>ONLY
hurf, you need better fatty spotters. she's fat all over and the chair is pressing her legs into drumstick tier
>>
Is it startling to realise that at 25, you are the same distance from 20 and 30? It's interesting because it makes me feel better. 20 feels like a long time ago, which it was, it was 5 years ago. Yet 30 seems so close.

Well, it's not actually, it's the same distance as 20 was. And I've changed a lot for the positive since I was 20. Imagine what will happen when I'm 30.
>>
>>37162470
oh so many more too

>TV shows are gone forever because you weren't sitting in front of the TV at the time they were airing, and missed the rerun later that year

>hearing the last bit of a song on the radio and never knowing what it was called

>buying a CD or game or anything and not knowing if it's any good unless you get lucky and it's featured in a magazine review by next month

>wanting to learn a thing so you walk or ride your bike or take a bus to the library
>type in the thing into the computer - or god forbid use the card catalog system
>see what books they have
>write that shit down on a piece of paper
>wander around the library
>books are already rented or they're misplaced on some other shelf somewhere or they're just shit

but also I feel like how we have unlimited access to everything that's ever been made and forever will be made, that also takes away value from things like music and video games. I used to be able to sit on my bed and just listen to a tape or CD and read along with the linear notes and lyrics and that album felt brand-new for months. These days I download 4 albums at a time and get bored with them within a week and forget all about them.

oh, and the porn, jesus. Just thinking about a boob used to get me diamond-hard. Now I'm browsing through hours and hours of all the porn and I'm all HHHMMMM NO THAT'S NOT QUITE UP TO MY SPECIFIC TASTE, HER HAIR LOOKS FUNNY, LET'S SEE WHAT PAGE 256 HAS TO OFFER
>>
>>37160248

I still feel 17, emotionally/mentally, except I'm much dumber than I was then.

Might move out next Spring, even though there's really no reason to; I just feel like I should before graduating from uni forever and falling into the mundane grind where it's 200% harder to make friends.

Goddamn there is 0 upside to getting older
>>
>>37162508
All the best anon. Will you be making decent money?
>>
>>37162553
I'll live by that motto
>>
>>37162676
>Just thinking about a boob used to get me diamond-hard.
I don't think this is the porns doing breh. When I was 10 I could jack it to bra catalogues in the mail, and female polygons in ps1 games. That didn't even look fucking human. I think this is just getting older and needing something more lewd. As males get older, their kink factor goes up. Pornhub published a small study on it.

Now here's the flip side to being here for so long;

>all games of certain genres look like rehashes of game X you played as a kid
>new movies don't grab your attention because they are cookie cutter dogshit made to be "safe"
>no surprises in media anymore, the internet allows us to dissect shit until it's rotten
>the entire sjw movement
>>
>>37162563

Yeah, that's what I'm telling myself haha. At least I'm not working two jobs anymore.

>>37162708

I'm around 33k right now, I'm gonna ask for 40k when I officially transfer/hit my year at the company. I'm thinking I'll probably get around 37k. I can make a pretty strong case for why I deserve a raise and if I don't get much, I'll find something else.
>>
>>37160491
>at what point did you start to feel old?

Very early, actually the educational system made me believe repeating a year would be beneficial on the long run, whereas it actually RUINED my whole life, being a year older than means you're that much DUMBER than everyone. Which caused me to get depressed and fail another year by ceassing to go to highschool.
When you're 17 and everyone is 15, you're doomed to be failure for the rest of your life in the eyes of your peers.

Now I'm 26 and the few times I tried to give uni a try, I was overwhelmed by everyone being 17-18 when I was 21, then 23, then 25. It just kept being worse and worse.

Even online I spent most of my time with people a year or two younger than me, cause older people wouldn't go as much on the popular forums I used to browse.
Today it reaches critical point where everyone online is between 16 and 19 (just take a look at this site for example).
>>
>>37161725
>Does it bother you you don't have lofty goals? Or are you afraid of what other people think if they knew? Being content is fine. It's good! As long as you're really happy.

It bothers me. I am not content. Not having a goal, all I do is survive. I am reduced to being an unthinking animal. I spend most of my day wondering why I bother doing anything. Every day is the same, with no hope of change or improvement.

I may as well be dead.
>>
>>37162522
FL Studio is fine to learn in; all the DAWs pretty much do the same thing. I mainly use Reaper after using them all because it's free/cheap and more lightweight. But they're all pretty gud.

Try to practice your mixing with some raw tracks: http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

They have a newbie section. Then you can import the tracks in the zip into your DAW/FL Studio, and do your best to make it sound pretty with EQ/effects/compression/etc. Then they have a "finished" version you can compare your work too. Might be cool to try if you haven't yet.
>>
>>37162778
>I think this is just getting older and needing something more lewd. As males get older, their kink factor goes up. Pornhub published a small study on it.

could be, but I quit porn about a year and some change ago. I feel like I'm 18 years old again.
>>
>not sure if you look young or old
I look at myself and see basically the same fast as me in my early twenties but am paranoid people can see I am nearing thirties. When does your face suddenly become old looking?
>>
>>37160491
>hair started falling out
>actually noticing the effect of lack of exercise and poor diet
>>

40. I still have all my hair, and I'm still in good shape, but I can feel myself slowing down, and becoming set in my ways. I'm no longer young.
>>
>>37160491
For me 26 was when I started to get this strange dread, "My God, I'm turning 26. If I'm lucky I'll have 40 years left"

Before that I played so much vidya, I bought a ton of Steam games a lot of times I'd spend two whole paychecks on them (I was really fucking stupid), these days they don't appeal to me as much and I'd rather buy shit that I actually need and contributes to my independence.

I'm turning 27 soon and I still have that dread but I suppose it's not as bad as it used to be, I'm starting to new career once I'm finishing school.

The past five years feel like nothing. I miss the days when I made animations, wrote stories, and other creative shit and then I realize the last time I produced anything worth a shit was ten years ago.

Four since my last girlfriend, three and a half since I last worked, three since I tried it with her again, two since I started really part-timing it with college.

All this shit while family and former classmates are getting married, having children, getting promotions, some even living their dreams.

I'm just sitting here part timing my school, volunteering to keep myself busy, playing overwatch and vaping weed to deal with my chronic pain conditions that will probably kill me at some point.

I guess my dream at this point is not to wake up at 40 regretting all the time I've spent from here until that point.

Hopefully going back to school more seriously starting January next year at the latest and doing my first real career after that. Even if it's something that I end up hating.
>>
>tfw finally feeling like I'm getting too old for this place/losing interest

Feels kinda good, lads
>>
>>37162594
>it's the same distance as 20 was
no it's not. your experience of the passage of time is logarithmic.
>>
>>37163867
5 years forward and 5 years backward are both 5 years
>>
>>37163910
not from your perspective
>>
>>37163931
What? I was always talking about the physical, tangiable number. Not our perspectives
>>
File: kumiko.jpg (67KB, 909x865px) Image search: [Google]
kumiko.jpg
67KB, 909x865px
what have you guys failed at recently?

I fucked up another steak after like my 20th attempt
lost like 15 matches in a row on low silver rank in Overwatch, i've had the game for a whole year
>>
File: 1378191388537.jpg (21KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1378191388537.jpg
21KB, 500x574px
>>37160491
I'm 30, and I don't think I've hit that point yet desu. I still feel the same as I did when I first went to college at 17. 2010 feels like it might have been last month. Sure, I have those "damn kids need to get off my lawn" moments, but I've been having those since I was in high school. When I was a kid, I was mature for my age. But I've never really matured more than that, I guess. I student-taught high school last semester, and I identified with the kids there more than when I was actually in high school. There was a young teacher there, 27, and he always seemed like he was older than me. Perhaps because he was actually talking about his wife and kids, buying a house, etc, while I'm sitting in the same apartment I've been in for the past four years, just has khv as I was then, doing the same exact thing I was then.
At least I finally graduated. Now I just need to start my career.
>>
>>37164193
How did you fuck up a steak? Just sear it on both sides for a few minutes after generously seasoning it. Toss it in the oven beforehand if you're feeling fancy.
>>
>>37163503
this

been here 10 years feels like its time to let go, hell any sort of post contact thread is just full with 18-21 yr olds
>>
>>37164232
I over salted it, it also didn't evenly cook and some parts were completely raw near the bone while the edges were way over cooked, and the oil started burning and smoking. my dad tried to be nice about it but he essentially told me i should probably stop doing things like this.
>>
>>37160248
why cant a girl just love me? im not even ugly or anything. whats the problem?
>>
I turned 25 on the first of May

>only 15 years before 40
>haven't accomplished anything of worth
>college professor with low salary

My favorite story is the one where Caesar wept at the feet of Alexander's statue, it makes me believe there are great things to come.
>>
>>37160491
when I graduated from college at 21 and my mom stopped paying for my things, forced me to get a job and basically cornered me into owning only my computer and a table to put it.
>>
>>37160248
Im currently 27.

Anyone know how funny it is that you worry about getting old without achieving anything but at the back of your mind you still believe there's hope but then you reach a certain age where you're starting to accept that the hope you held is starting to fade and somehing interesting happens to your mind when you realise you're too far gone to play catch up, you start to accept that you don't have to prove or owe yourself to anybody.

Ideally, I would've loved to succeed in my original plan of attending uni at 18 and graduating at 21/22 but when you realise you're too old to play this sort of catch up, that your 27 year old peers are so far ahead, and that life dealt you such a shitty hand, you think to yourself "why should i care or feel i owe it to anybody anymore?" And things start to become abit easier. Im finally starting to make very early changes at 27, yes it's a farcry from my intended life but at the same time im starting to realise dont owe myself to anyone anymore and I've noticed from observation that people who goes through life learning to put themselves ahead of others earlier in life whether it's backstabbing or betraying other people for ones gain are the ones who achieves success regardless of family background.

Those times when i was a 21 year old neet and worrying about bumping into my peers who has already finished uni while im just left with a high school diploma, im accepting now that even at 21 you care so much about where you stand and fit in society, you'd like to think you're a lot more resilient than when you're in high school but you're actually still at that age bracket where you feel that need to prove yourself to people.

Im just saying if I could've played catch up 10 years or even 5 years ago, I wouldve done so but i didn't because realistically looking back i most definitely couldn't.
>>
File: IMG_6055.jpg (38KB, 550x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6055.jpg
38KB, 550x567px
>29
>Taught English overseas for a few years
>Now work Part Time/Seasonal
>Going to MEPS on Monday to join the Army
>If all goes well, ship out to basic training in late August
>Just trying to get /fit/ter until then
>>
>>37164392
What did you cook it in? I find most success in a cast iron pan. If it didn't cook evenly, was your steak a consistent thickness throughout?
>>
>>37164583
>and somehing interesting happens to your mind when you realise you're too far gone to play catch up, you start to accept that you don't have to prove or owe yourself to anybody.
Yeah, well, in a few years it will come back. And by then it will be too late for EVERYTHING.
>>
>>37160248

l CANT FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE EVERY DAY IS WORSE THAN THE LAST ITS LIKE IM TRAPPED
>>
>>37164596
Where did you go teach English? What degree did you have? Was anything particularly hard about living in a foreign country? Did you know the language before going? I got a teaching degree (science, not English, but I hear that doesn't really matter), but no teaching job yet, and I've been thinking about going that way.
>>
>tfw you're 21 and 1/3rd of my life is.already over if I'm on the unlucky side of the scale
>>
>>37163004
Dude this is awesome. Exactly what I needed. Thank you!
>>
>>37164747
you're also too stupid to read the OP as well
>>
>>37164739

My first time out, I taught in the Republic of Georgia (pic related) at the behest of a cultural exchange initiative run by their Ministry of Education.

You get used to living in a foreign country after awhile. Made a lot of friends in both the countries I taught, and I keep in touch with my Georgian host family today.

If you had to ask me, I liked it better when I taught in South America, where I had my own studio apartment and I didn't have pesky co-teachers in the classrooms to answer to. In neither case was I fluent in the native language of either country, but it helps to know a few phrases to help you get around and buy stuff.

And you're right that the degree doesn't really matter, just as long as you have one. It helps to get, at a minimum, a 120-hr TEFL certificate, too. You can get a fairly cheap one online from anywhere.
>>
>>37164696
>too late for everything
>everything
I can believe this. There's always more to lose. So tell me about what you mean because you're clearly older than me.
>>
>>37164875
How old are you that yoi feel the need to take his bait?
>>
File: IMG_1135.jpg (560KB, 950x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1135.jpg
560KB, 950x710px
>>37164876
Whoops. Forgot the pic.

Originaru.
>>
>>37164900
i get more crotchety and angry at retards as the years go on
>>
I'm 26 and never have had a job in my entire life. I know that if I apply now they will laugh at me for being so pathetic. People always tell me to just lie but I always try to tell the truth. I know it's lame and shit but my parents lied to me about being adopted for 20 years so I feel sick when I lie now.
>>
I've reverted to my edgy teen autist phase of wearing all black. There are times when you might as well embrace your inner autism.
>>
>>37164942
You're better off not caring unless it serves some sort of benefit for yourself to post a reply to them. Personally im beyond the average r9k poster. It's like would an 18 year old care if a 8 year old called him stupid? R9k and people in general is so inconsequential that i just dont care thwt much anymore
>>
>>37160248
>36
>know that people rarely comment about 35+ in those XX+ threads
You don't really want to talk about solutions, you just want to feel bad about yourselves.
>>
>>37165011
wha? huuuh? waht?
>>
File: autistic.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
autistic.png
207KB, 403x433px
>>37164608
it was enameled steel or cast iron i think but i'm not really sure, and it seemed pretty even

>>37160491
i don't know I guess 23 was the first check point, it started to get embarrassing being that old and still fully reliant on my parents. I made this desperate attempt to get my life together, it kind of worked but all my limitations hit me in the face hard. it was the most brutal eye opening year of my life.

I'm 27 now and i still feel like a bit of a kid, sure i have a half decent job and i'm pretty dedicated to it but in all other aspects i'm a kid. i like video games, i cry easily, i play with my cat all day, can only relate to kids, i don't even have a disconnect with the younger generation i listen to future and crap like that occasionally.
>>
>>37160491
your 30's specifically late 30's life is a dull as booze doesn't do anything for me anymore looking for something new to numb the pain I hate my life but then I always have I'm just wondering what the most pain free way to go out is might consider an overdose
>>
I have 70 hours of community service before I graduate. No job prospects or experience so I'm probably fucked even though I got a BA in Software Engineering from decent school. I wish I told my younger self to grind melee back in 07 08. I want to be top 100 so bad but realistically life fucked me in the ass and I don't have time to practice. I just want a decent job to start going to more majors.
>>
>>37164477
Hey matey, mine was first of may too.
>>
File: 1470593367890.jpg (103KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1470593367890.jpg
103KB, 964x964px
>25
>Have my own condo, car, and job
>Only pull in $2,100 a month after taxes + union dues + government pension crap
>Owe $70,000 on condo (central location in big city) and $4500 in CC debt
>Every time I start getting close-ish to finally defeating the CC debt, some bullshit happens
>Car breaks down, need to replace AC unit, pipe bursts, etc
>Have been wrestling with this same $4500 for literally over a year
>Feeling like I'll never beat it
>Love my job and don't want to find a more stressful one that pays more dosh
>>
>42
>been going from minimum wage job to minimum wage job since i was 18
>usually get fired after about 6 months
>havent had a single friend since 18
>never had a gf
>have made no progress in life for 25 years
>>
>>37160248
>tfw getting duller and dumber
I'm 26 and I've felt myself get progressively dumber the past few years. Things that I'd have no problem doing/calculating at 22 is taking me a bit longer now.
>>
>>37165399
I know this feel bro. Just keep at it and be cheap on sending. You'll know a different feel when you pay off that condo.
>>
>>37165399
sounds like a nice life. 70k for condo in city is pretty good as well
>>
>>37160895
This is interesting because I'm 29 and it's like the same aches and pains since forever, so essentially I always feel young in the sense I've always had them.

Pretty much always played through the pain too.
>>
>tfw it hits me and I remember I'm 28, not 16
God damn, I want to go back. I fucked up, but I can do it right. Just give me one more shot.
>>
>>37165901
i honestly feel like i have the development of a 20 year old and i'm 27.
>>
>>37160248
You fuckers don't know how lucky you are. I'm 20 and that means you're at least 5 years closer to death than I am. Be grateful.
>>
>>37164952
>they will laugh at me for being so pathetic
do people actually believe this? The place you're applying to doesn't give that much of a fuck. What you really have to do is know someone who already works there. Its total bullshit but thats the best way to get hired somewhere. Otherwise you can get lucky if a place really needs someone (I found my first job on craigslist when they were looking for a cashier but asked me if I wanted to do full time maintenance instead)
>>
>>37166601
>The place you're applying to doesn't give that much of a fuck.
In what kind of world are you living? The older you get the more people are going to shame you indirectly for that, and I talk from experience.

Don't ever get me started on the coworkers hearing the interview.
>>
>>37160491
You were just super out of touch. Drake got popular in 09 and somehow you didnt manage to hear a hit single by him for 4 more years
>>
>>37165514
This. Why does it happen? I feel dumber now than I've ever been.
>>
>>37165901
Where it hits me is when I'm talking to someone I perceive to be like 5 or 10 years older than me and it turns out they're the same age or just 2 or 3 years older.. oooor the complete opposite where I'm talking to someone, think they're the same age as me and it turns out their 5+ years younger. To be fair this is usually with women who have aged poorly into their late 20s.

I'm kind of just numb, I actually make decent money but just refuse to move out. I've always put some kind of stipulation on moving that always gets pushed forward to something else. Ironically this is the same thing I do in my head with women, like I can't ask a girl out or get serious with any girl because I live with my parents. What's truly fucked up is I'm aware of all my faults, how I could probably remedy them, but I just freeze up and can't do it or just shrug and say fuck it. I feel like most other people with disorders aren't even aware they have them, meanwhile I'm here and with a bit of courage I could actually turn my life around...
>>
>>37164952
I'm not sure where you live but in the US most low end jobs are filled with unreliable pieces of shit. People who call in sick/out minutes before their shift starts, people who don't show period, show up high, have wack ass schedules (Oh I can only do 8 hours this week sorry) etc etc

If you just present yourself as shy but someone who will be dedicated to the job you'll be a huge breath of fresh air to the manager.
>>
Tfw no 25+ robot bf
>>
>>37160248
>be 26
>been depressed whole life
>more and more over the past 2-3 years, the crushing sadness of my depression has turned into a hollow numbness where I realize life is shit for practically everyone, and we only reproduce because sex and children make us happy, thus continuing the cycle, we're basically animals
>life is just a struggle to survive, I realize that now, makes stupid shit I despise doing like work, dishes, laundry etc. a little more tolerable
>have a gf but sex has long since lost its flavor, it's just one more obligation I have to take care of to not go insane, sort of transcended the primitive urges and see females as equally disgusting as males, realize it's just my hormones tricking me into reproducing, same as any dog or goat or whatever
>nothing is exciting, but at the same time nothing is too depressing
>can even take deaths in the family/death of pets in stride now, grandfather and 2 cats I've had since I was 10 both died in the past few months, didn't cry or feel too sad, even in private, Just realize death is a part of life and accept it now
>realize this is a part of maturity and adulthood but also feel disappointed that I've lost that innocence and "it's not fair!" mentality I used to have
>trying desperately to believe in God, gf is very religious, but just can't bring myself to believe in what I've always felt were myths and fairy tales, see no evidence of divinity anywhere
>realize that good and bad are just your perspective, a wolf's pups see their mother as a hero but the rabbit's kits see her as a demon
>want life to just be over already after realizing that there is no real purpose, just want to fade away but I've got who knows how many more years left to go on this shithole
>but at the same time aging terrifies me and I don't want to become old and feeble
>will probably kill myself one day, not out of edgy suicidal depression like I used to think about, but just because I don't want to grow too old and life is boring.
>>
I'm 26 and trying to come to terms with the fact that I'm probably never going to have the body I've been imagining having since I was about 17. 9 years ago.

So 9 years ago I thought "i'm going to work hard and get a hard body, be at my physical peak", and yet in 9 years that hasn't happened. I've always just been slightly overweight, maybe sometimes a bit thinner when depressed.

I mean, how can you have a goal for 9 years and not attain it? If anyone told me under any other circumstances I'd have 9 years to do ANYTHING, I'd think that's the longest time ever.

Although I've overachieved academically, so that helps me sleep at night. Except that I could fail it in the coming 3 days.
>>
When 15 year old girls ask if you can buy alcohol for them because they 'forgot' ID
>>
>27
>3D Artist
>40k brit bong salary
>London
>No friends
>Zero confidence in abilities or drive
>Everyone I work with is 35+ and a stereotypical office type
>Seen as weird
>Don't know if I should save up for a house, find a new job or a new career path
>Just take a bunch of anti depressants and anxiety meds to keep going
>Ticking clock sounds in the back of my head
>Performance review tommorrow

I thought moving to London would help but I feel shitter than ever.
>>
>>37168019
Well, did you actually work hard and try? I know plenty of people who got hooked on the gym/body/diet and within a year or two went from being meh to being basically ripped. Just look at /fit/, plenty of literal autismos that get themselves in great shape.

>tfw I haven't been to the gym in like 2 months
>>
>>37168217
Somewhat. When I was unemployed for a stint I had the time. I was able to run fine but whenever I tried lifting the pressure would give me a headache.
Since then I've either not had the time or the money. These days it's both.
>>
File: 1470854536191.png (157KB, 802x322px) Image search: [Google]
1470854536191.png
157KB, 802x322px
>25

> I still look eighteen

lmao
>>
>>37160818
I don't understand why you keep going? I'd have killed myself 3 years ago
>>
>>37162084
With Tinder and slut society it's the easiest it's ever been so if you still can't do it you should literally die off
>>
>>37163867
underrated.

are there any studies on this? the relativity of time as perceived by us as we age? should be interesting to read.
>>
>>37167579
>>37165514

Like they say, the brain is a muscle. If you never challenge it (learning a language, solving complex problems, socialising even) it is bound to decay. Your memory will worsen over time, you will forget where you put your things more often, how to do basic math problems and so on. Basically, if all you do is shitpost all day, everyday, the lack of stimulation/challenge will cause your brain to shrink.
>>
>>37170555
Any source to back this quasi-science up?
>>
File: get a bike.jpg (335KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
get a bike.jpg
335KB, 1200x800px
Where the hell does one go to meet other guys that are 25+, to make friends and do stuff together?

I've thought about airsoft or the gym but they're either full of neo-nazis or douches I want nothing to do with. Maybe a local D&D club?

I need a friend to hang out with.
>>
>>37170601
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0002669

learning new stuff increases brain gray matter
>>
>>37170601
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/26/23/6314.full

another one

origonsidngfh
>>
>>37170605
If you like travel you can try couchsurfing.com
>>37170645
I see nothing about shrinking brains tho
>>
>>37170695
>>37170676

nvm

orignal comment]]
>>
>26
>start selling replica handbags online
>making shitloads of money from broke roasties who want to look rich

get rich or go to jail trying, it's the only way now bros
>>
>>37162162
Redpill me on C++.
>>
>>37163232
>Four since my last girlfriend,
Kill yourself
>>
I just got a colostomy bag.

Pretty much cemented the fact that I will never be loved.

My colitis is gone due to no colon, but I have a bag of shit attached to me until the day I die. I no longer have physical pain but it's purely emotional now.
>>
>>37171004
Language primarily used to create shitty games and shitty embedded software (embedded software is either C or C++).
>>
>>37168090
>I thought moving to London would help but I feel shitter than ever.
Why would you ever think that?
>>
>>37160276
>People keep referring to you as a "man"
>Feel like you're 16 still
>>
>>37167893
the following is an original posting:

O H I O
H
I
O
>>
>>37160491
At 23 flame inside died down and I'm not sure if it's even a spark or nothing at all at this point.
At 25 I pretty much accepted that "it's over, no use fighting it" and pretty much cast my identity away in my head, accepted all of my shortcomings, went full buzzcut, because balding, started to hate my family and realized your personal moral code means jack shit in the end and only brings you down.
I live because it's easier than dying, I'm not really depressed, but I don't treat myself as a human being, I'm just a glorified camera, observing and memorizing footage. If I am being punished, I accept the punishment humbly.
>>
>>37171200
Hey sorry about your situation man that sucks. I bet you can find a cute girl in a support group somewhere in a similar situation that would like you. You seem pretty smart.
>>
>>37170555
I agree with this but I'd also like to add that if you're an aspie like many on here and you're 25+ you can start getting fatigued from trying to pretend to be normal all the time. It's called aspie burnout or something I think.
>>
Is there anything worse than wasting your youth (16-25)?
>>
>>37165135
>Has BA in SE
>No job prospects

Please explain to me how you can't find a job. You're either an ultra grand wizard master who can't communicate or live in bumblefuck, nowhere
>>
File: 1494299392327.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494299392327.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>37172621
>Aspie burnout
>>
File: 1432593520627.jpg (262KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
1432593520627.jpg
262KB, 700x560px
>>37160248
>27
>gf is 20
>yelled at her mom like the bitch she is last night
>called that bitch again
>father answered
>hes very respectable and reasonable
>put me in my place

still a fucking child.
>>
>>37173325
It ain't so bad especially when you realize you needed those extra years to develop and mature anyway. If things had gone better for me younger I would be in even worse shape than I am now as contradictory as that seems
>>
>>37173680
How does that even work? I've had decent conversations with girls 20-22 and I've always just kind of said in my head the age gap is far too much (even though it's technically OK with half plus 7 or just under)

That being said I'm far closer to their level of maturity than I am than most other 27 year olds so :|
>>
>>37173995
same. I find too much enjoyment in life to be a fuckin 30 year old. And i fucking hate girls my age. I can pretend to be mature, and i really am, but i have more fun being irresponsible in a mature way. you gotta act your age, key word being "act" aint nothin wrong with you bro.
>>
>>37174082
But how do her parents react? Your parents? How about others when they meet you? Plus her friends are telling her stuff about age differences, how when she's just graduating college you'll be 30, etc. It's funny once you get past 25 the age gap of say 25 and 32 seems like nothing really, but 22/23 and 29/30 seems massive.

Also when she turns 21 be careful, I've seen dozens of pretty, sweet, and genuinely nice girls turn into generic drunkard whores as 21 approaches and after, just because they can go out to the bars/clubs. Like literately they'd go from mainly having conversations about their pets and other minor interest to how much they had to drink overnight in every conversation, it's genuinely sad. They grow out of the novelty of it but by that time they generally have full arm tattoos and piercings around here.
>>
26 years old. Hungover. I promised myself yesterday I wouldn't post on FB drunk, did it anyway. EVERY FUCKING TIME. started posting Goebbels videos on my timeline. God damn is it a hot one today
>>
File: 1428022289474.png (101KB, 241x252px) Image search: [Google]
1428022289474.png
101KB, 241x252px
>>37173680
>put me in my place

Whew. I distance myself from everyone in my gf's family, convince myself I am better than them, and regularly trash them (never to their face). Having one of them put me in my place would be absolutely devastating.
>>
Apathy is increasing with each passing day
>>
>>37174906
it wasnt devastating at all. The conversation we had was of mutual understanding. Hes a real good man. Ive got nothing but respect for the man for putting up with a psycho bitch wife and still being a good father.

>>37174762
>thinks girls arent drinking daily at the age of 15

only my mom knows her dad, and she thinks very highly of him. It would be literal actual hell if my mom ever met her mom.

>>37174926
every day brother. Just gotta kill the bad guy.
>>
I'm 26 and have been NEET for four years since finishing college. Writers seem to be in small demand beyond clickbait. The worst thing is I want to work. I want to be a good writer for a publication. Even just as a copywriter, but no one wants me. I'm fucking useless to society.
>>
>>37175064
Maybe because I live in a small town but they mostly aren't.. I mean I'm sure they've had a few at parties but probably only a few times. I know girls who talked about how the idea of getting drunk seems stupid at 20 and then when their 21st approaches they're talking about what bars they're hitting.
>>
>>37162522

How are you motivating yourself to do all this?
I'm nearly 25, wanted to be a composer/sound designer/whatever since I was like 15 but I never did anything with it, and haven't practiced at all in about a year now. So while I'm pretty sure it would make me happy I can't bring myself to do it (or much of anything else, really).

Also have you started working in that field yet or are you still in the practicing/training phase?
>>
>>37175144

...what was your major?

t. deeply concerned english major
>>
>>37160248
25 in less than a half year. I've noticed more wrinkles appearing around my eyes and face. 6k CC debt. Closer to being 30 than I am graduating high school. Only thing I got going really is a job that makes 20+ an hour and I moved out at 19. I would have been a college fag right out of HS but both my parents and I was too broke for that.

Fuck.
>>
Started a YT channel but already thinking of deleting it.
>>
File: 1312206309_klingons.jpg (30KB, 320x236px) Image search: [Google]
1312206309_klingons.jpg
30KB, 320x236px
I have days when I feel old and I have days when I feel like a big kid

im 34 I did kinda panic about the march of time when I was 25 but I don't so much now
>>
>>37176739
If you can talk decently then you might as well keep at it.
>>
33 here.

whatever delusions of normalcy and finding happiness that i may have harboured in the past are long gone. it really doesn't get better, guys. at least not for me.
i'm not saying i'm gonna off myself any time soon, but i can't see this whole life thing ending well for me.
>>
File: kissing-fact[1].jpg (112KB, 1170x530px) Image search: [Google]
kissing-fact[1].jpg
112KB, 1170x530px
I'm 25 years old and I graduated from a incel kissless virgin to a celibate virgin yesterday. I got to know a hot drunk blonde and made out with her while flirting the whole night long.
I was horny as fuck but I didn't fuck her even though she wanted because she was way drunker than me and she wasn't a random girl but she's part of a new friend group of mine.
Did I do the right thing?

Though I'm still glad that I finally got around to gain some experience and get a huge ego boost because I finally got a confirmation that I'm desireable.
>>
>>37177189
>Did I do the right thing?
It's not worth the chance of her saying you raped her because she'd been drinking. This is 2017.
>>
>>37176740
This. 25-28 was the worst of it for me. Felt like I was losing something and running out of time.

But it turns out getting older is pretty awesome. You feel different, better, and give fewer fucks. I'm actually kinda happy now at 30, and my social skills have just magically improved without any effort on my part.
>>
>>37177225
it's a valid point but lets ignore it because I live in eastern europe and this stuff happens very rarely.
I also had like a dozen of witnesses that saw how she was literally raping me.
>>
I want to start going to the gym, but the amount of details concerning the whole bodybuilding thing is overwhelming. I've read the /fit/ sticky but I'm still clueless. Can I join a gym and just ask an employee for some advice and beginner's guidance?
>>
>>37177372
just do stronglifts or Greyskull LP
>>
>>37160248
Ever since my dad died ive pretty much been on my own.
Its really scary and i still feel totally unprepared.
Because of this, the only times i go outside are to buy weed or groceries, or to go to work.
Driving also hasnt gotten any easier.
People drive like fucking lunatics, i feel as if im on the Indy 500 every fucking day i go to worok on the highway.
The world is so scary, i just want to be taken away from here.
>>
>>37160491
>at what point did you start to feel old
42 and feel I am still not there really.
I am cynical as fuck, jaded and I hate humanity but that was the same at 20.

I am more nervous about young girls cause it just feels wrong and predatory. I am more conscious of my own mortality and shit like that.

But feeling old or slowing down? No, not really. Even my reflexes are still nice if FPS scores are any indication. Maybe it is just the lifting/selfimprovement meme but feels more like only now I start to really get comfy with my own body and mind.
Guess I need to have some form of bodily breakdown or such before that happens.
>>
>>37177372

Yeah I'm sure most gyms will have some personal trainers or something (might want to call and ask about that first)

You can also just start off with body weight exercises at home first to get somewhat in shape (crunches/planks, push ups, buy a pull up bar and do those, squats/jumping lunges, etc)
>>
>>37178428
>personal trainers
pretty huge waste of money.
>>
>>37165176
>an anon in 4chan is the first person i meet to share my birthday

Distance hug man
>>
>>37178514

It is, but if the guy's clueless after looking it up for himself they could at least get a starting plan going
>>
Just started playing clash royale
>>
>>37178568
It's addictive and fun, but almost always feels like its up to chance that you had the cards to counter what the other guy had, or vice-versa
>>
My life is so average. Every pro I have comes with a con. Every con I have comes with a pro.

>business degree but I still have a shitload of debt and my credit is shit because of it
>job that pays well but I hate it
>good hours for a robot (weekends mostly) but it killed my previously dwindling social life
>proficient at writing/editing but can't get a job in the industry
>good looking but sexually repressed due to aberrant sexual tastes
>know a lot about general trivia and politics and the world in general but nothing strikes my fancy enough to explore in depth

I hate the "intelligent but lazy" meme but I can't help but think it applies to myself
>>
>>37170605
>Where the hell does one go to meet other guys that are 25+, to make friends and do stuff together?
Nowhere, everyone has a friend circle by then, and then they join interest groups together.

>>37171200
>but I have a bag of shit attached to me until the day I die.
Could've been worse, at least this one won't take half of your stuff.
>>
My dick doesn't work anymore
>>
>>37170605

I have only 1 friend who is my age, everybody else is 2-7 years younger.

But, if you're really desperate, try meetup.com, or /soc/, or even r9k when a zeemaps thread pops up (or just go there and look for the r9k or supreme gentlemen maps (not as bad as it sounds)). Or just go to activities you like doing anyway and try to talk to people there (d&d like you say, concerts, whatever people do)

Otherwise I have no idea
>>
File: 1495144169721.jpg (329KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495144169721.jpg
329KB, 1600x1200px
5 more weeks and I'll finally get out of this house. I can't wait
>>
>tfw 25, obese, with a dead end job, two kids and a loser boyfriend

I thought I was going to amount to something once...
>>
File: 1492089935959.jpg (26KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1492089935959.jpg
26KB, 400x394px
>26
>NEET living in house I grew up in
>Virgin; never tried to lose virginity
>Overweight; too lazy to bother with diet/exercise
>Clinical depression + anxiety for past 15 years
>No friends due to social isolation throughout life
>No romantic partner
>No hobbies
>No passions, goals, or interests
>Every day is the same: get up, browse Internet until tired, read various books until asleep
>Contemplate suicide daily

When I look at these threads and see how depressed people are even when they have careers, wives, offspring, etc. it really puts things into perspective.

I just don't see the point of busting my ass and fixing my problems when I know I'm going to be just as miserable as before.

I've tried all the usual shit to fix my mental health issues. Meds, therapy, meditation, mindfulness, exercise, even electroshock therapy. Nothing helps.

I'm so fucking tired of trying. I'm tired of living. Nothing feels like it's worth the effort. I just wish my instinctual fear of death wasn't so strong so I could just end my life and finally be at peace.
>>
>>37179009
Trust me dude life is so much less depressing when you have at least a job

t. 27, you except with a job and some goals. Go to gym once a week because I'm a lazy POS, still exponentially happier than when I had no goals
>>
>>37179049
I've had jobs. All they did was stress me out. The work was mindless and repetitive and the pay wasn't enough to allow me to move out and live independently. I hated it. I absolutely hated it.

I'm glad it's helped you out, but it's not the same for everyone.
>>
>>37179009
I hate my job but I've also noticed that I feel better when I come home after work than when I have the day off and I sit around doing nothing.
>>
>>37179009
yeah i would honestly off myself. you have actual depression and imo it's worse than dying of cancer because you're basically a husk that's forced to exist.
>>
>>37179184
Have you tried hitting your head with a hammer? Feels pretty nice when you stop.
>>
>>37179197
I plan on doing it at some point in the near future. Gonna wait until night and then burn a bag of charcoal in my car with the doors and windows locked.

From what I read it shouldn't take long for the carbon monoxide to reach lethal levels. And I'll be unconscious before death comes so hopefully not too much unpleasantness.
>>
>>37173325
I'm actually glad that those horrible, anxious-ridden teen years from age 13-18 are over, where everyone tries to pretend being mature but so many come off just as horribly cringy and insecure guys.
>>
>>37165486
seriously what keeps you living?
>>
>>37168090
Sometimes I regret not doing the London thing for a few years but then I realise that it would still be me wherever I am and big cities can be the loneliest places
>>
Anyone had a reasonable amount of sex but feel like they've missed out, like it doesn't really count? With all the Tinder shit going on, seems like everyone is getting blown before breakfast but. I guess it will never be enough, nothing will fill that void
>>
>>37174833
Pretty based lmao
>>
>>37181376
>Anyone had a reasonable amount of sex but feel like they've missed out, like it doesn't really count?

as someone who lives in a country where prostitution is legal, yes iktf.
I've banged 7 different escorts so far, it's a nice distraction and usually lifts your mood for a couple of days, but in the end I'll still return to my loneliness every time.
>>
>>37181949
where at? i've been thinking about traveling to the eu for sex tourism, but i don't know how americans are treated
>>
Where do old crusty dudes like you even socialize? The pub? Are you old enough to go to "the pub" yet?
>>
>>37182255
>implying we're not shut-ins

you're gonna be just like us in a few years
>>
File: 1487995255358.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1487995255358.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>37182255
>socialize

ahahahahaha
>>
>>37182271
> mfw they find a way to freeze you at your current age, right as I hit 24

> you will be stuck in your thirties forever, while I remain in my prime for eternity
>>
File: you.jpg (107KB, 796x893px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
107KB, 796x893px
>>37182313
>mfw you're going to get old and die like everyone else has for thousands of years
>mfw your life is meaningless yet you believe you'll avoid death like some sort of religious retard
>mfw you probably think there's life after death, and not that you cease to exist forever without warning

need to lay off the bideo games
>>
>>37182540
That's right, grandpa. This youth is being wasted on an idiot, but I'm still younger than you, and you will face the inevitable sooner than I
>>
>>37182564
>you will face the inevitable sooner than I
talking like that is tempting fate
>>
>>37161949
Where do you go for that m8?
>>
>>37182624

> calling me superstitious

Lord stryke me down, if I speak in error]

I ain't never gonna d
>>
Is it possible to go from an avoidant recluse to a normal human being? I feel like I'm just fucked for the rest of my life, I'll never be normal.
>>
>>37182993

It's possible, sure, but probably nigh impossible for most
>>
>boring office job which recently got worse after I was assigned to a new team.
>relationship, with drama and arguing almost every single day
>the best part of my day is after work when I get home, but before my partner gets home and I have my apartment all to myself
>bad at saving/spending money. I am not accumulating wealth, I am just supporting my current 'renting and eating out everyday' lifestyle. Partner mooches food off of me.
>acid reflux and GERD suddenly became a big problem for me
>my biggest source of happiness recently is playing a children's-card-game which I only got into recently, because my previous gaming outlet (fightan) doesn't do it for me anymore.
It could be worse so I shouldn't complain too much, but I just wanted to vent.
>>
>>37160741

This is not a good plan. Keep it as a serious hobby. This is not something you are going to make a career of.
>>
>>37183899

Not him, but what makes you say that?
I know it's a saturated field but humor me
>>
>>37183839
>>acid reflux and GERD suddenly became a big problem for me
stop being a fat fuck
>>
>tfw dependent personality
>always relied on other people to decide what I should do
>friends all moved on, I'm completely alone now
>spend all of my time in bed crying

I want to go back in time to 2005. Finishing up with high school, playing World of Warcraft all fucking day, and most important of all, having friends.
>>
>hangovers 10x worse yet I have the urge to drink after work every day to help me unwind
>been working for years and haven't been able to save money because of my mortgage
>all my friendships faded
>my life is a series of repetitions, every day is the same
>skin is turning to shit
>so is my hair
>metabolism is shit
>gain weight just by looking at food
>parents are aging, mom is declining fast
>realize I'll have to take care of them in ~10-15 years since I'm the oldest and more responsible sibling

Fuuuuu
>>
>>37183980

There is no studio work to be had. All the money is in corporate AV and live concerts. One is soul destroying and the other is physically and mentally intense. If you don't want to do hard physical work or sit in a conference room for hours running a lecturn mic and some occasional music, it's not worth it.
>>
>>37184241
>drinking to unwind

start smoking weed its better for unwinding and you dont get hangovers
>>
How did life get so fast? Summers used to last forever, and offered endless opportunities to play games, watch movies, etc. Now May is ending and I already know how every day between now through October 31st will look like. Completely planned out from 6am to 10pm. I suppose the remaining 8 hours still offer a window of surprise if I give up the sleep for it.

I used to feel so content with how I stumbled through life into an okay situation, 26 year old college drop out making $55k a year in sales wearing a suit, with a wife and a car and a townhouse. I recently attended my high school best friend's graduation for Law School and now he's moving to NY to make twice as much as I do now and I'm happy for him and honestly feel no envy, he earned it.

But I look at both of us and I wonder when did this start? Can we go back? To the endless summers, no responsibilities, no commitments or promises to uphold... I stopped cheating on my wife not out of love/guilt but because it was just so much work to sneak around from hotel room to hotel room.

I had a red bull at 11pm last night. Kept me up until 3am. What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>37184169

You should learn to be independent instead of wishing for something that will never happen, friend. I know that feel, but it's not helpful at all

>>37184328

I mean, he could start his own studio, right? Good chance of failure there, but it's a possibility.
Nobody's looking for sound designers, though? I'm sure they get paid peanuts for what they do, but
>>
how the fuck do people afford such nice cars? even in my shitty podunk town people have $40,000 Mercedes.

I could technically have one of these cars with my savings, but would it even last me 10 years? I dont get it
>>
>>37184747
>I mean, he could start his own studio, right?

Of course he can, and then he can be just like every other struggling idiot who is in massive amount of debt.

>Nobody's looking for sound designers, though?

Why on earth would they be?
>>
>tfw 25
>tfw 12 inch dick
>tfw 6'8
>tfw 30000000.02 facebook friends
>tfw doing backflips into my Lambo
WHY IS MY LIFE SUCH SHIT EVERYTHING IS SO BORING I EAT 200 KG OF HEROIN EVERY DAY IN MY CEREAL HALP
>>
>>37185041

>debt

true

>Why?
Vidya, films, tech companies who use them for whatever reason, being a producer...

You have valid points but there are a lot of exceptions and nuances to those things. But I'm not in the music industry so I'm probably just making shit up
>>
>>37185235
>I'm not in the music industry so I'm probably just making shit up

I am. You are.

The competition to be a rendering slave in video games is huge. Imagine what it's like for audio and sound design. Now double that and imagine what it's like to get into audio in film. The idea you're going to be a producer or engineer is utterly delusional.

There are next to no exceptions or nuances to anything I'm saying. These companies want the very best and committed and then the very best from everywhere all congregation to compete for the handful of entry level jobs available.
>>
>>37185355

Figures. I was mostly trying to delude myself into thinking there was a chance because I wanted to do what that other anon's doing as well.

Oh well, hobby status it is
>>
>>37185601

The irony in everything I'm saying is you are much better off keeping this as something that doesn't earn you a living. I know way too many pro guys who have zero motivation to do any of the things they enjoyed that got them into the business.
>>
File: android.jpg (54KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
54KB, 700x472px
>>37160248
>27.
>Just landed a programming job at a large university.
>$75,000 (Is this good for my age? I think it's slightly above average probably.)
>They are going to let me get my masters degree for dirt cheap.
>Renting a really high quality apartment, $1300 monthly
>In great physical shape
>Almost no friends of any sort. Crippling lonelyness

My life is going great but I don't have anyone to share it with. Feels bad. Any of you guys wanna be my friend?
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.