[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: odd things you've noticed yourself doing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: 1436281176406.jpg (102KB, 800x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1436281176406.jpg
102KB, 800x1203px
>find myself fidgeting with and chewing on nearby objects whenever I'm alone
>quietly repeating words or sounds to myself both alone and with others / in public
>constant need to touch something with very specific parts of my fingers (typing/playing games or playing the bass satisfies this)
>constantly itchy skin
>can't sleep without some sort of background noise
>hard to concentrate on anything outside of interests
>usually find one game I get really into and play for up to 30 hours at a time
>difficulty making eye contact and having people touch me without warning
>wear the same clothes for weeks at a time until I realize it
>end up looking like a fucking alien when trying to pose for photos
I'm also NEET since the end of high school and not autistic if that's relevant
>>
File: 1494974578784.jpg (77KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494974578784.jpg
77KB, 900x900px
>>37159889
>started swearing audibly like Terry A Davis when no one is around
>>
>>37159889
sorry anon, I'm pretty sure you're autistic
>>
>>37159889
>Spin small stick in my fingers everyday since i was like 8 and daydream about being another person whos life has progressed with me since I was
>Flirt with male online friends even though im a (kinda) straight male and id never fuck any of them irl
>Feel jealous for some reason whenever someone talks about things I like (music, vidya, movies)
>Play out fake arguements and conversations in my head where someone is testing my knowledge on something like a game or a music genre or a movie
>>
>>37159889
>difficulty making eye contact and having people touch me without warning
>can't sleep without some sort of background noise
>quietly repeating words or sounds to myself both alone and with others / in public
>hard to concentrate on anything outside of interests

These are all symptoms of ASD.
>>
>>37160283
I haven't got it diagnosed so I doubt it
>>
File: spinner_pepe.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
spinner_pepe.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
get one of those spinner things from 7-11 / walgreens / online.
>>
>Snapping fingers when walking
>spinning box cutter in NY hand at work
>saying achoo when sneezing
>screaming as loud as I can when I'm alone and nobody can hear me
>pressing my thumb against my lips
>running nose with index finger
>>
>>37159889
You probably want it to be some cool mental illness but it's just pure ADHD

You might have eczema too since they're correlated and you say you're itchy all the time
>>
>>37160517
Rubbing
>>
>>37160525
Is echolalia part of ADHD?
Just wondering because I was diagnosed as a kid and I also repeat words and phrases to myself.
>>
>>37160493
I want a larger image of this
You have?
>>
>>37160525
I don't think mental illness is cool (already have diagnosed depression and GAD + gender disphoria), ADHD might actually be it, I was terrible in school and had to finish a lot of HS classes after when I was supposed to graduate
>>
I always find myself scratching my balls and taint, then sniffing my fingers. Sometimes I do this till it gets all sore. Then I usually find the closest pair of balls and taint and scratch that
>>
>>37159889
>have strange visual hallucinations of shadowy animals and bugs moving across my vision
I don't remember when it started happening but it's definitely increased over the years.
>>
>>37160561
No it's not
>>37160604
You're fucked mate
>>
File: 1480051082396.jpg (16KB, 210x326px) Image search: [Google]
1480051082396.jpg
16KB, 210x326px
>staring at people on the street with an angry face
>cracking fingers constantly
>laughing at nothing
>slapping myself
>>
>point finger guns at things constantly
>get increasingly itchy when frustrated
>hypersensitive to grease on my lips, face, in my mouth, and in my hair
>eyes well up from prolonged eye contact with anyone
>constantly talk to self
>>
I nig my fingernail bed into soft things like a blanket. Never heard of anyone else doing this.

It's the area between my nail and the skin I 'floss' it over the fabric
>>
File: a3s0un6yosvy.png (265KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a3s0un6yosvy.png
265KB, 600x600px
>>37160565
sure, found it after a quick google search
>>
File: 1492501612633.gif (2MB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492501612633.gif
2MB, 500x800px
>chew on small things on my desk
>make a pop noise when i pick something up or place something
>when walking on rocks or broken sidewalks I have to have something land in the arch of my foot
>when i'm angry i snap my fingers
>often freak the fuck out when people touch me when i'm not expecting it
>can't look people in the eye
>have to sleep with a comforter even in 90 degree weather
>constantly muttering curse words under my breath, sometimes they raise to speaking level
>let my cat lick the inside of my mouth when im trying to sleep
>chew ice
>trail off randomly when talking
>>
>>37161525
>have to sleep with a comforter even in 90 degree weather
>chew ice
I never really thought about that being weird but I guess it might be
>>
>>37159889
>I started noticing that my left eye and only him start to blink fast when i'm tired
>>
>>37160909
Thanks anon
Sorry to be a leech
I'll find my own memes in the future
>>
I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes I wonder if I'm saying things out loud or thinking them in my head.
>>
>>37160493
thanks anon you cheered me up
>>
pretend I have a job/freelance to others when I'm a neet
spil life story to people
>>
I have been wondering this for years

Sometimes i think of something. It usually makes me better than i really am. Then i start pacing/jumping/fast walking trough the house with those thoughts.

Like for example me being in the military and being in a fight, where i come out as the victor

Or me being the amazing person interviewed in a talkshow who comes up with all the witty answers/is liked by the audience

Whats up with me?
No autismo
>>
Whenever i get anxious i put my ring finger and my thumb together and start flicking them.
Is this autismo?
>>
Have a pic of me doing karate on my facebook, Only did it for 2 months and tell people I do karate back in the day
>>
>>37162253
:(

>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).
>originakazham
>>
>>37159889
Literally all of these aside from the clothes for weeks, also you have autism OP, so do i
>>
>>37162253

anyone? cxsdsfsafads
>>
When I'm alone I often inadvertently blurt out stuff like "I wish I was dead," "I'm going to kill myself" out loud. I make an effort not to, but it just happens subconsciously. Sometimes in public I find myself almost blurting it out and am able to stop myself.
>>
>>37160469
How do you think diagnosis happens? Autistic people aren't automatically diagnosed somehow unless their parents were aware enough and cared enough to look into it when they were children. Everyone else has to figure it out on their own, and then go through the process of getting professionally diagnosed. Which is usually pointless unless you need autismbux or other accommodations. A lot of people are autistic without knowing it, or they are reasonably certain they are but have no reason to get professionally diagnosed. People on the internet like to get mad at snowflakes declaring themselves autistic, but that's just how it is.
>>
>>37160823
i do this but not just with soft things. it can be any kind of fabric or string
>>
>>37159889
>oh look at me I'm so quirky
You have no idea what it means to be odd
>>
I'm always thinking about numbers in my head, particularly 4, 8, and 13
>>
letting the days go by let the waterhold me down
>>
>>37160441
Agreed. My son is autistic and there are several items in this behavior profile that fit autism.
>>
>>37159931
I do this as well
>started muttering "fuck", "nigger" and "faggot" at the most minuscule things
I already talk to myself regulary so it doesn't help
>>
Making genuinely autistic sounding noises. I do a lot of weird shit but I'm usually aware of how odd it is, but this is the one where I'll stop in the middle of making noises to amuse myself and think "What the fuck am I doing?" If I saw another person making these noises I'd be convinced that they were autistic. The fact that I can categorize these sounds as "autistic" makes me think that I'm not actually autistic, though.
>>
>>37159889
I always find myself doing autistic shit, notice myself doing them, then have to pseudo rationally explain them to others. and if they just don't get it, i terminate the conversation as quickly as possible
>>
File: 1486618809404.gif (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486618809404.gif
7KB, 200x200px
>>37162253
I DO THIS TOO ANON.

>sometimes recreate my own death, actually start crying on behalf of my fake husband and children.
>pretend im both the judge of a case of my own crime of murder
>talk as the air control tower operator and the pilot in the shower
>sleep under the mattress
>always squat in chair when i could just sit, if not full squat I have one leg up on the chair.
slightly more weirder:
>send morse code messages to myself in faceshit messenger
>record myself eating daily

no autismo
>>
>>37167102
>always squat in chair
Good, sitting is for plebs
>>
File: 1448881943545.png (20KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1448881943545.png
20KB, 800x750px
>>37159889
>start making weird noises if i remember something embarrassing that i did.

>randomly start pretending to play a fast beat on some air snare drum if im a bit hyped up

Is this normal or a sign of being somewhere on the spectrum?
>>
>>37166684
>I already talk to myself regulary so it doesn't help
This is dangerous, anon. They might be listening to you when you do this.
>>
>head scratching, way too frequently
>staring off into nothing for prolonged periods of time
>staring at people vacuously while they talk
>playing imaginary piano on flat surfaces
>detaching my sentences into one. word.... at..... a time
>too much eye contact, gives off the impression i'm analyzing the person, which is what i'm actually doing but i cba to hide it.
>whistling alot
>turning everything into a song chorus
>wearing the wackest shit in my closet (under the guise of "wow i've never worn this combination" with complete disregard to fashion)
>>
>>37167168
>start making weird noises if i remember something embarrassing that i did.

hahaha i do that
>>
>>37167224
also talking to myself in the middle of interactions, also way tooo frequently
>>
>>37167231
LOL, i can relate, the weird noises are actually "shit.... shit............ shit" in my case.
people near me start asking what's wrong, i'm like "nothing, just remembered smth", then change the subject faster than light
>>
>>37167231
yeah idk whats wrong with me, i went full fish today making the "blub" noise fish do.
>>
>>37159889
>close my eyes very hard when I'm getting frustrated in front of a screen
>daydream a lot about power fantasies
>chew things until they're broken
>pick up things using my feet when I'm barefoot
>run on all fours when I climb the stairs of my house
>spin while I'm walking if I'm happy and listening a song I like
>>
>bite nails to stub
>skin pick everything
>eating rituals such as, leaving corner pieces for last, biting around edges before middle etc

>>37167231
same except I roll my eyes back and spaz my limbs for a second
>>
>>37159889
>I turn my body on auto-pilot.
I've been in conversations with people and would detach myself acknowledging that I'm talking to another human being.
>>
>talk to myself when alone
>think in English instead of my native language
>tend to make rapid eye movements when trying to think of something/switch focus from one thing to other
>>
>>37167656
I used to do bite the skin off my fingers all the time

and my toes

Also I eat my boogers.

I figure mucus constantly goes down my throat anyways so might as well just eat it.
>>
>always wiggle my legs around when I'm sitting or laying down
>BITE THE FUCKING SKIN OFF MY FINGERS
>walk around my house pretending to give a speech or be interviewed
>imagine what a girl's butthole looks like when I meet her
>>
>>37159931
I've been doing this for years at this point

it's really annoying and a constant reminder of how fucking mental I am. It doesn't help that my mother is a legit schizophrenic as well.

I mostly mumble insults to myself whenever my thoughts wander into something that triggers an embarrassing or uncomfortable memory, like something awkward I've said or done. Even humiliating stuff from as far back as kindergarten or elementary school can still trigger this response of mumbling random insults and phrases to myself. Like I tend to say "i hate myself" or "i should kill myself" a lot. Sometimes the phrases are a lot more meaningless like "i just won 50k in the lottery" (i didnt but i wish i would). Or I mumble the name of the girl I'm obsessing about at the moment like "I love you Sarah". In fact just right now I remembered something embarrassing and I mumbled to myself "Shut the fuck up [my name] you son of a bitch". I think it's just something my mind uses to try and suppress uncomfortable memories.

This is one form of "talking to myself" which is mostly annoying and uncontrollable like tourette but I also talk to myself in long, drawn-out, therapeutic conversations with myself where I pretend I'm talking to someone else. These are actually really enjoyable since I don't have anyone I can really talk to about these things and getting them off my chest or just being able to articulate and organize all these thoughts in my head really leaves me feeling freer at the end of it. This stuff can go on for 30 minutes to 3 hours. It's usually out-loud conversation with myself in my apartment about various topics centering mostly around me; like analyzing my personality and my mind, my beliefs, my worldviews on existential and cosmological questions, on society and politics etc. or talking about some of my favorite books and people.
>>
When I try to think something out I tend to look up. Not at anything anything in particular, it just helps to lift my head.
>>
>>37168003
>I mostly mumble insults to myself whenever my thoughts wander into something that triggers an embarrassing or uncomfortable memory, like something awkward I've said or done. Even humiliating stuff from as far back as kindergarten or elementary school can still trigger this response of mumbling random insults and phrases to myself. Like I tend to say "i hate myself" or "i should kill myself" a lo

that's so fucked up, I do that exact thing. Like word for word.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.