[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think happens after you die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: 1.jpg (31KB, 549x438px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31KB, 549x438px
What do you guys think happens after you die?
>>
>>37158333
Also check em cunts
>>
Some kind of better world
Or Cyberpunk Dystopia
Everything else would suck desu
>>
>>37158333
You become a Japanese high school student in your favorite anime world and everyone who ever wronged you suffers in hellfire for eternity.
>>
>>37158333
Straight to hell nigga
>>
>>37158354
So you believe in heaven then? Or just hope things are better
>>
>>37158392
What if you didn't fall for the anime meme
>>
>>37158450
I don't believe in heaven, just something after life would be neat.

Thinking that it's completely over after this is just too depressing
>>
>>37158333
You return to the state you were in before you were born.
>>
>>37158828
And what state is that exactly?
>>
>>37159027
welp anon, it won't be long before we find out.
>>
If we are lucky, an eternal slumber. More likely is reality has a nasty little surprise for us.
>>
>>37158333
I think that's it, we just lose consciousness and disappear.
>>
i know what happens
>>
>>37159063
Speak for yourself, im getting my brain uploaded to your ipod kiddo. I'm gonna be in there brain wanking to all your anime girls.
>>
File: 1494274453285.jpg (335KB, 850x563px) Image search: [Google]
1494274453285.jpg
335KB, 850x563px
>>37158333
A second chance at life. I went through great effort to enforce this delusion through my mind.
>>
>>37158333
You don't die, you just slide to an identical version of reality where you didn't die.
>>
>>37159581
then what happens when you get too old to live?
>>
>>37159581
what age would you be? eventually you'd have to die.
>>
Not much tbqh
>>
>>37159581
What happens to the consciousness of the (you) you slide into?
>>
>>37158333
I was severely injured once and had to go to the hospital for treatment. On the way to the hospital, I felt really sad and lonely, and disconnected.

I think being dead is like how it was before you were born, and dying feels sad and lonely.

But the time you spend dead will seem like nothing, once the humans who are still alive develop technology to effectively become immortal and bring dead people back to life.
>>
>>37159448
I suppose its better than hoping to turn back time
>>
File: Deeed.png (39KB, 518x141px) Image search: [Google]
Deeed.png
39KB, 518x141px
I learned most of my life lessons from Runescape.
>>
You become one with infinity

you just rot in the ground
>>
>>37159701
Death is a disease, it's like any other, and there's a cure out there.
>>
>>37159701
>And dying feels sad and lonely

The only thing stopping me from dying really, those last moments terrify me, even if they shouldn't
>>
File: Threemilk.jpg (109KB, 1084x995px) Image search: [Google]
Threemilk.jpg
109KB, 1084x995px
>>37158333
72 Agathas
>>
>>37159782
Ugh, stop listening to that Elon turd.
>>
I once dreamed that I died, dream didn't end with the moment I died instead went on, honestly best experience I ever had in my life
>>
File: 1.jpg (67KB, 909x788px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67KB, 909x788px
>>37159828
I'd be happy with just one Agatha desu!
>>
>>37158333
Check tom campbell. He really knows... trust me on this one. He is also on youtube
>>
>>37159880
Please describe anon
>>
>>37159286
My dream no joke
>>
>>37158333
not a lot tbqh you cease to exist the world keeps moving and people continue with their daily lives
>>
>>37159927
Well it's hard as fuck to describe but here goes:
In the dream I got shot, so at first everything went black, then I heard someone screaming ( before getting shot there was a girl was next to me). I saw myself lying there from the bird perspective (so kinda like the classic soul ascending).
Afterwards everything seemed to fade out (sound, scenery) into a sorta white-orangish light. Even I dissolved and in that moment there was this feeling, like all my troubles/worries just instantly vanished, I felt lighter than never before, I felt like my body turned into a delightful warmth, really hard to describe.
tl;dr after I "died" I felt pure bliss.
Honestly cried after I woke up
>>
Intense unbearable pain. then nothingness. like when you sleep and can't remember.
>>
>>37159256
that's impossible to grasp

if u ever feel scared to die just think about how every single human on earth has died. all the colonial americans and great greek thinkers went through the same thing and felt the same fear
>>
>>37158333
just like falling asleep i think
>>
energy does not disappear, so you'd think at first you are reborn forever. but, then you think there are infinite potential souls that could be born, so, like, probably you will be born once and then never again, based on the probabilities i think. but i am a physics pleb so i'm not totally sure abt this.
>>
>>37160227
No matter what it is, it's probably better than this
>>
I'm lead to believe that reincarnation is a thing. I knew too many things without being taught that I knew since my first memories. I held opinions on things without encountering them.
>>
Ya'll gonna be in for a big surprise when you die, if you believe in those opinions
>>
>>37160227
That's assuming of course that you have a soul and that it is made up of or contains some sort of energy that we can't observe, I've always been skeptical of that idea but its not impissible
>>
If we're lucky, we will live in our own minds, in a dreamed world.
>>
>>37160297
>You understand what I'm saying?
not really
>so you become a bird after you die?
no, I became nothing after I died. Dunno how it is in the real world though.
>>
>>37160310
Yeah, that's an interesting thought, but even if we don't, you get my meaning that our consciousness inhabits our bodies, and this probably only happens once? Assuming that it is totally random, also taking the religious aspect out for the sake of discussion (because in that case it becomes a totally different ballgame).
>>
i like to think that nothing happens
every dream you have creates your own universe, and once you wake up, that universe ceases to exist.
we could be in someone elses dream, and when he wakes up, we cease to exist.
>>
nothing

origami
>>
>>37158333
Knowing my luck, some kind of torture.
>>
>>37160455
Well, suffering does make the world go round.
>>
>>37159782
>>37159835
https://youtu.be/C8VpBDtv4Vs
>>
Ever been put under anaesthesia?
It's that.
>>
There is no evidence to suggest that anything will happen after I die.

But then there is also no evidence that NOTHING will happen either. So who knows, really.
>>
>>37159063
You won't find out. You won't exist. You won't be able to think. The thing is, humans cannot comprehend nothingness, because that very concept requires thinking about it. Maybe some reality-warping creatures can, though.
>>
>>37158333
Christianity seems to be cool sometimes, but I just can't force myself into believing in it.
>>
File: 1493159097876.jpg (121KB, 1200x948px) Image search: [Google]
1493159097876.jpg
121KB, 1200x948px
>>37158333
I think there just is this enourmous totally empty place where you are totally alone and you can live the life you always wanted as a prize for the suffering in the previous life. By, like, "spawning" things and people. There you can spawn you ideal gf/waifu/bf and live with her/him. And everything that happens is decided by you.

You basically create your own world where only what you want to happen happens and nothing can go wrong (except if you do want something to go wrong for some reason).
>>
>>37161094
this
llsksiqkq
>>
>>37160973

There is PLENTY of evidence. Literally millions of NDEs, and see for instance the AWARE study.
>>
What happens to a cell when it dies
What happens to an atom when it dies?
Therein lies our answer
>>
>>37161094
so basically omnipotence?
i can dig it
>>
>>37161046
You could just read a little of the bible from time to time.
>>
Whatever it is, its better than this "gift" they call life.
>>
>>37158333
Everything starts all over again. It's like life was a movie on eternal re-play.
>>
>>37158333

Is she camming naked already?
>>
You go back to the nothingness from whence you came.
>>
>>37158333
I think you die and your body starts to rot. However, you are still stuck inside and can see, feel and hear everything. Only the largest part of your body that remains holds your self.
>>
>>37160400
So what happens when we die before he wakes up?
Does he redream us or do we cease to exist? It could be either.

If this is someone's dream it's a very stable one. You'd think we'd be popping in and out of reality all the time instead of always here.
>>
Reincarnation's the most logical, that consciousness has to go SOMEWHERE
>>
>>37161094
This is literally what dissociatives are like and when you lose control it fucking sucks. Don't let life fuck you into fucking up your next one.
>>
>>37158333
The void.
muted for 2 seconds
>>
>>37159908
Who's that ho?
>>
File: 1490502289343.jpg (7KB, 480x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490502289343.jpg
7KB, 480x376px
>>37163544
>the nervous system stops working but you still have your senses
>>
you're just asleep right now
>>
File: 1457325140270.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457325140270.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>37158392
but I hate anime!
>>
This question unironically keeps me up at night every single night.
>>
>>37163704
Attention seeker that /r9k/ fell for.
>>
File: 1461896660991.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461896660991.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
dreamless sleep, or whatever nonexistence was like before birth
>>
I hope that wherever I go after I die, it's comfy, I can be alone, and I can rest.
>>
>>37158333
I just realized she looks a tad like Adam Lanza.
>>
>>37158333
>he believes in anything other than forever ceasing to exist
4chan is an american board after all and most americans are religious. Such a shame.
>>
>>37158333
Burn in hell for eternity
>>
File: 1484212592951.jpg (94KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
1484212592951.jpg
94KB, 790x773px
>>37161094
>tfw rewarded for all your suffering
>>
>>37164077
You do realize every country has the majority of people believing in one or more Gods. There is no country with an atheist majority.
>>
>>37163757
My waking mind must be really fucked up then
>>
>>37159286
So you're gonna make a copy of your brain and then die? Cool.
>>
>>37164077
*tips le fedora* Religion sure is a scam fellow Oldfags, right?
>>
>>37158333
typically there is a funeral
>>
What do you guys think will happen to the Earth? I read that it if no intervention is done then it'll just be scorched in a billion years and after that there's a 50:50 chance it either gets swallowed up by the sun or doesn't.

The idea of Earth, even a cold, dead, lifeless one orbiting a white dwarf sun for a trillion years is weirdly comforting.
>>
I wish that robots are reincarnated as doggos so we can finally cuddle and fuck girls.
>>
>>37164259
You're clearly assuming many other countries has similar gods with similar beliefs as your typical american religion, you've clearly spent 99% of your life in the usa and only know of other countries from whatever you've read on english language based sources. At the end of the day your opinion hardly matters but i just felt like pointing out how laughable you are.
>>
>>37164314
If you didnt spend so much time projecting you'd realise i was reminding readers that the majority of opinion itt is so because most people here are american and that r9k is hardly a place of credibility
>>
I don't know. Honestly, I have no fucking idea. Quite literally anything could happen. I hope I get reborn into a world where Pokemon is real.
>>
>>37159828
Make it an odd number. That way they can't all just pair up with each other and leave me out.
>>
File: 1478132388075.jpg (45KB, 356x350px) Image search: [Google]
1478132388075.jpg
45KB, 356x350px
Nothing. Thinking that something else will happen is beyond stupid, in my opinion. You didn't exist since the beginning of time itself. Why is it so hard to accept that soon you'll return to nothing? Why people fear it? I find it very comforting and beautiful.
>>
>>37160227
>energy does not disappear
The connections/framework/whatever you want to call it between this energy break apart and we are no longer because what we are is the system. Sure, the parts may not disappear, but they stop communicating with each other as they once did.
>>
What was life like before you were born? That is what life is like after you die. There simply is no life.
>>
>>37158333
You are forced to browse 4chan for eternity
why do you think shitposting has only gotten worse over time?
>>
>>37160923
...so exactly like going to sleep where you don't remember your dreams? I agree.

I wonder why anything exists at all though. It's fucking insane how life works. Thinking about it: we start as a seed from two already living creatures and then we become this bundle of cells while still inside one of those creatures. Eventually we get popped out and we just keep growing -- consuming the shit around us and turning parts of it into parts of our bodies.
>>
Probably nothing but it's for the best imho

Imagine living for eternity knowing all the fucked up shit you know or will eventually know.

I'm not too spooked by death anymore because I realise that if I had another 100 years to live, I wouldn't spend it any differently than with the time I do now.
>>
File: Cg5ussAU4AAwp49.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cg5ussAU4AAwp49.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
Death is nothing to us for that which has been dissolved into its elements experiences no sensations, and that which has no sensation is nothing to us.

Death is nothing to us. Human beings consist of only atoms. The human mind or soul is just another component of a human, and must also consist only of atoms. So therefore...when you die...the atoms that make up your mind...just like the ones that make up your body...will disperse and all go their separate ways...and you have no sense organs... so you are incapable of sensing anything. See... people got it all wrong...the STATE of death isnt unpleasant...maybe the PROCESS of dying will be...but once were dead we dont exist anymore...Death is nothing to us...the Roman poet Lucretious would later say

the mind must be made of matter and suffer same fate as the body

Epicurus says in his principle doctrine number 10 that

If the things that produce the pleasures of profligate men really freed them from fears of the mind concerning celestial and atmospheric phenomena, the fear of death, and the fear of pain if, further, they taught them to limit their desires, we should never have any fault to find with such persons, for they would then be filled with pleasures from every source and would never have pain of body or mind, which is what is bad.
>>
>>37158333

We know for certain that information exists on a level outside what we currently know. This information gives 'shape' to all of reality. It is the very structure of the universe. It is likely that even if we do die, that information is retained, in some echo overall on a parallel dimension, possibly one in which the 'spark' of conciousness survives, possibly not, but either way we have our immortality in the echoes we leave. We are just a temporary rearrangement of reality around a structure of information existing in one of the 17 dimensions of reality (String Theory Lmao). So, we are just echoes to begin with, it is more than likely that our conciousnesses are 'echoes' of a greater concious whole that exists somewhere in this field of information.

Or, more intriguingly is the possibility that it IS the field of information itself, a self-contained and self-aware fractal that has the capacity to rationalize creation itself on a very personal level. Perhaps for God, the laws of physics are no different than an internal organ is for us. Perhaps our information is retained in a parallel dimension while we are not, who fuckin' knows.

There is also the possibility of quantum immortality, the theory that at every chance your conciousness has to die, the universe splits and the universe where you don't die your conciousness survives. This possibility is actually way scarier, I believe, because if true it essentially condemns all conscious life to eventual torment...
>>
>>37158333
There could be so many things that could happen when you die.
Christianity could be right
Hinduism could be right
Buddhism could be right
Every other religion could be right

My theory on death is a very peculiar one.
What if when you die you go into another realm.
A realm that no human eye can see
There's an infinite amount of possibilities that realm could have.
When i say realm I also mean another universe.
You could be sent to another universe and be born as a fucking florgadorg
Or this all could be a simulation for immortal beings. It's like an arcade game if you will.
Your memory is whipped about that realm
You are living as a mortal being.
That makes it more fun
but when you die
you go back to being that immortal being
It's quite fascinating really.
>>
I like to think it is complete non-existence. Existence itself is such an absurd concept. It shouldn't even be possible, it just doesn't logically make any sense for there to be anything at all, and I hope at least death will finally undo this paradox.
>>
>>37165934
That's actually really cool theories
>>
>>37158333
Probably the same thing that happened before I was born.
>>
We go to Balamb Garden.
>>
>>37166106
I think about them everyday.
kms
>>
>>37162263
you could just go choke on a dick and die bitch
>>
So being schizophrenic and predisposed to fantasy and believing far out and unfounded shit... I did some reading a while back and picked up a book called Imagining in the Tenth Dimension, which really gave me some great perspective on things. I learned what separate infinities can mean, and how they can exist around each other. There's even an entire section just about what happens when you observe something and how that changes it.

So I developed my own ideas... so far nobody else has picked up on them but here's how I've broken it down. Consciousness and imagination are like pinpricks of light from higher places penetrating downward into lower dimensions to each and every living thing. Our ability to conceive new and strange things is really just our connection to a higher dimension where our thoughts are real, boundless, and limited only by our selves. When we think something, anything, everything; in a "place" it is existing... and when the thought is gone the illusory material dissolves into possibility and impossiblity - to be recalled again or created by someone else some time else. The sum of this is the entirety of experience, an infinity manifesting and experiencing itself. When we die our consciousness loses its grip on the lower planes we can perceive and that pin prick of light recedes back from where it was borrowed, and we melt back where everything came from, and where everything will go. Nothing is ever lost, time doesn't exist anymore. I think this idea encapsulates what a "God" could be.

Maybe spirituality is the ability to extend your consciousness further than your lower planar self can ordinarily reach, maybe ghosts are pin pricks of light that didn't recede all the way, or other entities that exist between "here" and "there" that move through time like we move through space. Miracles could be hands of the divine self reaching down and interceding in our lives, shaping everything we can ever know.

I want to die and know everything.
>>
File: 1493591990753.jpg (14KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493591990753.jpg
14KB, 246x246px
Post mortem nihil est
>>
When I die I hope I go to Cloud City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JpIcedjFBU
>>
>>37158333
heaven or hell if you don't believe in Jesus
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.