[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>need a car to find work (way too limiting to only apply for

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: tomo.gif (937KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
tomo.gif
937KB, 720x405px
>need a car to find work (way too limiting to only apply for jobs within walking distance. Public transport isn't always reliable)
>have no money to afford driving lessons
>have no money for a car
>>
>don't own a cellphone
>paranoid of going out of house in case someone calls me for a job interview
>>
If you are over the age of 18, then you don't need to take driving lessons. You can just go there and take the test. Just practice a bit on Gran Autismo 6, and ask someone for a car.

Done.
>>
>>37157405
Idk how it works in your country, but what people do here is buy or rent small scooters until they can graduate to a car.

Fucking sucked though, being exposed to the elements and having tiny wheels with tiny brakes is more dangerous than you realise.
>>
>>37157405
Easy, get a gf with a car
>>
>>37157756

Driving tests cost time and money. It's better to be prepared and practice driving a car than fail a driving test 3-5 times.
>>
>>37157803
Bet to fail the test 5 times at 30 dollars a test, then spend 500 on a couple lessons.
>>
>>37157816
>Bet
>Then
I may be having an stroke, guys. Maybe I can be free of this mortal coil, at long last.
>>
>have no work experience
>have no friends
>entry level job requires a resume along with job application

what do you even put on a resume when you have no work experience or community service hours? What if you forgot what your highschool GPA was or what classes you took?
>>
>>37157405
bicycle

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
File: feels.jpg (185KB, 1600x1982px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
185KB, 1600x1982px
I know youre exact feel OP, except I have my license
>>
>>37157878
Call your school's counseling office or whatever and see if they kept a copy of your transcript or can generate one.
>>
>>37157878
>What do you even put on a resume when you have no work experience or community service hours?
You bullshit. Say you ran a yardscaping business from your own home, and just went around trimming bushes and mowing lawns around your neighborhood. To top it off, say you supplemented lost income during winter months by buying and flipping goods on internet auction sites.
>>
In America we just get a motorcycle. You can still get cars for ~$2k, but the days of $600 cars are over thanks to cash for clunkers. $800 will get you a decent bike on Craigslist.
>>
>need a car
>have no credit
>get denied by the place that says bad credit no credit no problem, just provide proof of employment and have put 500 down even though I met those requirements
>>
>interested in doing food delivery
>no car
>no credit
>>
File: 1491020598591.jpg (66KB, 538x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491020598591.jpg
66KB, 538x720px
>>37157803

How fucking stupid are you that you even imagine that being possible? I never had lessons, and didn't even bother to do more than skim the pamphlet the night before. I got my permit at 15 and license at 16. Only an idiot would actually pay for lessons on something that has no real requirements. Ever play Mario Kart? Congratulations, you passed boating school, go get the fucking license.
>>
>>37158083

some people need a feel for the road rules and right of way before attempting a driving test. Driving instructor can teach you about formalities such as
>>
>>37157878
>80wpm typing
>office software
>freelance writing/coding
>2 years experience doing thing at closed business

This isn't even hard, you just put your skills down.
>>
>>37157803
Where the fuck do you live? I live in upstate ny and it's literally like war torn Eastern Europe combined with the third worldness of Africa and even I didn't pay for a driving test.
>>
>>37158123

>office software

"Alright, Anon, can you show me how to do this obscure task you haven't attempted since middleschool in Excel?"
>>
>>37158121

The road feels hard and may be rough or smooth. People with right of way go first. There, I saved you $500. Any more excuses that are so flimsy I can't tell if you're joking or actually retarded? When I started driving I was already in the top 10% in terms of skill and knowing the law from my vidya. I'm still not ready to go to the track or even autocross, but just watch an intersection some day. Driving is easy, not getting hit by jackasses is the hard part. No amount of driving school can teach you that part so just go get your license. It's impossible to fail the test.
>>
>>37158161
>sure thing, just forward me the document and I'll have it back in the morning

Unless you're actually the office bitch and paid accordingly don't carry them like that. My first couple jobs were gofer type positions but I eventually got sick of doing their work for less pay. If they can't wait for it they don't actually need it. Excel is easy if you've ever played any mmorpg. I was fucking 14 when I was making simple calculators. Excel is hardly witchcraft.
>>
>>37157405
>Public transport isn't always reliable

Stop making excuses. This is your best option and you'd best be saving every cent you can spare for a car. Catch earlier buses or trains to work to ensure you're on time.
>>
>>37158215
absolute retard holy shit get the fuck out of here
>>
get a bicycle, cars are a financial albatross
>>
>>37158339

>boss calls you
>someone called in sick and boss needs you to fill in and be at work within the hour
>the bus that goes by your house had just past and won't be back until an hour later

Your only other option is call a Taxi or Uber and pay $20-$40 (plus tip) to get to work.
>>
>>37158382
Says the guy who doesn't even know the most basic teenager skill. Unless you live somewhere ridiculous like Australia there's no excuse. This goes double if you're American where it's all but stapled on our birth certificates. You should have gotten your license at 16 like everyone else.
>>
>>37158430

I guess you've never worked so it's understandable, but covering a shift is a favor done for whoever is calling. When I call in I follow the facility protocol. When I'm called in I either say no or tell them I'll be there in (rough estimate). I don't rush like a bitch, I take a shower, pack my bag, and head out. If you twist their you can even get the shift rated at time and a half. I wouldn't take advantage of them too much but it's not my fault they're short.
>>
>>37158486
>>37158215

People learn at different speeds. if you had a car available to you or had the means to find a job at 16 then good for you. Some people don't have the privilege to work and learn how to drive at an early age for whatever reasons (poor, only car available was a parent who uses it for work, having to care for someone, etc) .
>>
>>37158430

And that's when you explain to your boss how long it will will take you and he's fine with that because you're doing him a favour, not the other way around.

Again, stop making excuses.
>>
>>37158486
>Unless you live somewhere ridiculous like Australia there's no excuse.

What's this even meant to mean, you fucking spaz?
>>
>>37158754

>tell boss your preferred hours
>they want you to work in early morning or late at night on weekends when bus services are more limited

It's not an excuse that public transport isn't always reliable.
>>
>>37158650
I guess my upbringing helped, growing up on a gravel road and sheriff not giving a shit unless the meth cooks intentionally killed someone. Still, if I could figure out driving illegally on a shitty road wouldn't it be much easier legally on a paved road that doesn't slide out from under you? To get a permit you don't even have to drive, you just write what you do at a stop sign and how to pass a stopped school bus you don't, cousin got arrested for doing that.
>>
Am i retarded forma taking almost 30 lessons and failing the exam 3 times?
>>
>>37158795
What do you think? That they're a lot stricter with driving. My motorcycle bros over there can't even lift a foot of the peg without getting a ticket. They even limit what kind of displacement is allowed. Want a literbike? Better have a lot of money and 69 years pro racing experience. In America you can get a gixxer at 16. It's not banter, America really has no standards to get on the road, as it should be.
>>
File: 1492804405696.png (87KB, 310x312px) Image search: [Google]
1492804405696.png
87KB, 310x312px
>>37157405
Buy a bi-cycle
>>
>>37158954
I hate to break it to you, but yes. Did you at least have to drive in reverse to 60mph then hit the ebrake and spin into a parallel parking spot?
>>
>>37158980
This.
Don't forget the spandex and flashing neon I AM A VIRGIN sign.
>>
>>37159021
I barely can park into a parallel.
Also, learning manual in europe.
>>
>>37157405
>have newish car and paid it off
>it sits there and gets cobwebs as I'm too mentally broken to leave my room

Cool.
>>
File: cykler_kasper_thyge.jpg (199KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
cykler_kasper_thyge.jpg
199KB, 1024x576px
>>37159046
>wearing spandex on a casual ride
only real weirdos do this
>>
>>37159046
>being this insecure about how other people perceive you

and you'll still never get laid
because you'll always be a manchild with self-esteem issues and a warped view of reality
>>
>>37159176
>cagies are such bullies :'c
>they are the REEL manchildrens >:','c
>>
>no car
>no phone
>no bike
>>
File: 1495242166562.jpg (27KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
1495242166562.jpg
27KB, 489x499px
>>37159944
>no job
>no gf
>no problem
>>
I can't even find a job because of criminal record
>>
>>37160148
Why don't you steal one then?
>>
Can you really go into a business and beg for a job like in Welcome To The NHK?

I'm not good with customers or cashiers.
>>
>>37160177
Its something that wouldn't even affect most workplaces but they probably think im scum so they don't hire me
>>
>>37160148
>complaining about your own choices
Jesus, anon.
>>
>want a job, but stupid
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.