[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you also feel like nobody ever asks you questions?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: slavoj-zizek-copy-5.jpg (293KB, 616x616px) Image search: [Google]
slavoj-zizek-copy-5.jpg
293KB, 616x616px
I have noticed that every conversation I have is just me asking the other person questions.
I try to not make it sound like an interrogation but at some point I just run out of things to ask and then it's pretty much dead silence.
The other person doesn't even ask me the same question I asked them like
>what about you
I noticed it first when I went to university and was actually trying to meet new people. And when I encountered it first I thought it is just them being autistic. But I experience it with literally everyone so it has to be something wrong with me.
Does anyone else experience something similar?

Pic not related btw.
>>
>>37154734
I've talked to a lot of people it seems like everyone just wants the conversation to end.
They never ask questions, they never continue the conversation.
I feel like I'm just talking to myself at that point.
>>
>>37154734
Feel the same. Sometimes I think that i'm not even talking to people, just interrogating them. How could someone keep a normal conversation?
>>
>>37154776
>>37154798
It really sucks. You would think they would at least pretend to give a shit out of politeness. But apparently we are not even worthy of that.
>>
>>37154734
it usually is the opposite with me.
>>
>>37154825
Are you really good looking or something? Why are people interested in you?
>>
>>37154815
To be fair I know a lot of anons on here do it as well.
They ghost you after a day.
>>
>>37154815
Robots aren't people in normies' eyes, why would they be worthy
Most reactions I get is annoyance or dislike so limit my conversations to a bare minimum
>>
I have the opposite problem. I suck ass at contributing something, always just respond to whatever they're saying
>>
>>37154860
I never talked with people on here but I assume it's because they are awkward and don't know what to talk about to a stranger.

But this is a different thing anyway. I am talking about someone in a room with you and you ask them questions to get them to talk and they don't do the same.
>>
>>37154734
This a bit of a catch 22 isn't it? if they ask you things then you'll be forced to admit youre being a loser to them, isn't it just better for them to not talk to you or mostly talk about themselves? Its kinda like they sense you have nothing actually interesting in you're life so they just don't comment on it.
>>
>>37154959
I mean even things related to their education, like what classes they picked this semester or whay their thesis was on. Sure, I would be embarrased if they asked me about whether I live with my parents but it never gets to that.
>>
>>37154734
This is literally why I can't talk to "white" people. I thought they just didn't want to talk to me because I'm black but it's a relief it's not just that.
>>
>>37155236
I dont know where you live but I am pretty sure white people would love to talk to articulate non whites at least to show how not racist they are.
>>
>>37155311
Older middle-aged white people do, but the ones in my age group or extremely white seem dead set on the opposite.
>>
>>37155340
Then you probably experience the same we all do. Looks like /pol/ was wrong and we are all equal after all.
>>
>>37154734
i have trouble bonding with people emotionally and interacting with humans in general which is why i never leave my bedroom and drown my social ineptitude in vidya games and shitposts.
>>
>>37154734
Holy shit same. Nobody seems interested in my opinion, but they always say how helpful it is. Well? Why don't you fucking ask for it?
>>
>>37155149
This assumes they knew you are in school, what if they were talking to someone who wasn't? wouldn't that embarrass them?
>>
File: 1483456571637.jpg (66KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483456571637.jpg
66KB, 402x604px
>>37154734
>I have noticed that every conversation I have is just me asking the other person questions.
Yeah, i've noticed it. I was meeting with friend for 4 hours and he never asked a question how i was doing. It's not that i mind it but it's a common good manners.
>>
Same here. It always ends up sounding like an artificial interrogation. There must be a way to make it more fluid and natural.
>>
>>37155236
I caahhnnt underdahd you! Go bahck to ur cuntry! White power.
>>
>>37154848
I'm not really, at best i'm somewhat cute thats all, I think because i don't try to talk to them or push them to talk or anything if someone doesnt wanna talk i just dont push and i chill in a corner or something since i don't wanna annoy people and i can pass time just doing nothing and listening to music.
I think seeing that people either think im an pretentious asshole or a beta autist, and thats why they just talk and ask stuff because they wanna figure out what the fuck is up but im neither im just a normal ass dude.
>>
>>37154734
I have this problem with my oneitis when ever i try to have conversation with she
rarely contribute to the conversation, what hurts is that she talks normaly with every guy in class
It's really confusing i don't know if she's nervous or maybe or simply find me creepy.
I am pretty sure i am not creepy because i am friend with every girl in the class and we talk normally.
>inb4 normie
I am khv
>>
no i don't talk to people
>>
>>37155979
>or maybe
Fucked up here i meant maybe she is shy
>>
>>37155669
I feel like if they wanted to talk to us, if they found us interesting, they would have shown it.
>>
>wanting conversations
kys normies
>>
>>37154734
>>37155340
>>37155430

Is this normal these days then? Does everyone have autism, even normies?

If so, I blame the internet and social media. What else could make an entire generation act like this?
>>
>>37154901
This. I try to remember to engage them, but most of the time my brain works too slow to come up with anything. Just totally empty up there. I don't know how to fix that.
>>
File: spread ass on the beach.jpg (75KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
spread ass on the beach.jpg
75KB, 736x552px
>>37154734
>I have noticed that every conversation I have is just me asking the other person questions.

Happened to me as well.

I nicknamed them ''the facebook people'', because they don't have anything to say, except showing themselves begging for some 'Like', sharing the usual meme pic (possibly cat related), and thinking that any smart thing to say would be immediately diluted in trivial stupid comments by everyone.

tldr, a smart dude is never asked anything by ass people like pic related
>>
File: 1426126706778.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1426126706778.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>>37156106
>>37156174
You two are on to something. Thinking about it, those kind of people for me often fuck around on their phones and will share "memes" they think are funny to which the room lets out an awkward laughter to confirm the comedic wit of two lines of predictable text.
>>
>>37156106
You're right actually. OP, it isn't your fault, the real cause of this is that people have lost the ability to have IRL conversations, especially normies.

The solution is to just keep talking, eventually you grease the wheels of the conversation enough that they will begin participating, it just takes some time and some effort to draw them in.

There is a possibility that you're not very interesting in general, but by the sound of it, the people you're talking to are just socially inept. If they respond positively to your conversation you're doing fine, even if they don't ask you questions. If they start ignoring you or being rude then you need to call it quits and accept that they just don't like you.
>>
>>37154734

I'm on the other side, I don't want to talk to anyone and I always get fucking bomarded with questions from everyone, just fuck off already I'm not interested in sharing my ongoings and thoughts with you.
>>
>>37154734
this
and
>every thread i create or answer to dies within a few minutes
>>
File: Iknowthatfeel.png (40KB, 950x643px) Image search: [Google]
Iknowthatfeel.png
40KB, 950x643px
>>37154734
Good thread OP feel the exact same way.

>tfw ask all the questions
>tfw throw the parties
>tfw take interest in other people's problems
>tfw never reciprocated
>tfw everyone is an NPC and you're just playing a game you've already beaten
>>
>>37156638
>tfw everyone is an NPC and you're just playing a game you've already beaten
feels familiar man, I feel like I already know people before I even talk to them, it's all the same

then again I'm no different, it's not like I'm interesting either, but at least I try to facilitate some kind of conversation
>>
>>37154734
I have this problem too and let me tell you its because you dont have anything to say about yourself. Your life is boring and/or you're embarassed to talk about the things that are important to you. So you ask questions rather than explaining your opinions and stories because you either have none or just dont want to say.
>>
My problem is a little different but I understand what you are saying. I will try to figure out how to explain my problem. Ok, say someone says hi to me. I will reply with a Hello and a wave. Or like when I was in school for example, someone might ask to borrow my pencil. I would let them. Whenever anyone asked me anything, I would respond. If they asked me of anything, like help with homework or whatever, I would help them. So, it is not me ignoring anyone. However, people eventually come to the conclusion that I am "too quiet" or whatever and decide I'm weird. But the catch is, beyond simple things like "Hello" or whatever, they were just as quiet as me. They never asked me anything about myself for example. They expected ME to be the one asking about them, like I find them so interesting. So, they eventually feel that I am standoffish (and maybe I am), but I would say they are the same. I guess it is sort of like, normal people expect YOU to constantly be asking them about them and get offended when you don't. And reading this topic, it feels like I am right to not ask them any questions, because it seems like just a way for them to feed their ego.
>>
>>37156784
That's not true for me, people don't ask me questions, so I just share my life with them regardless, I have plenty to say and they usually seem somewhat interested.
>>
File: 1389926384187.jpg (129KB, 850x685px) Image search: [Google]
1389926384187.jpg
129KB, 850x685px
Tdw I never really have had to experience this b/c I never talk to anyone.... thats good I guess~
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 504x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 504x633px
>>37154734
THIS
no one fucking cares about us
I've even pointed that out
"If I didn't ask questions all the time then there wouldn't be anything to talk about since you won't ask me any"
"That's not true!!!!! :("
I stop asking questions then:
"Anon why are you so quiet?"

I just wish someone fucking cared
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.