[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do workers that make anything under 150k think they have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: explain.png (287KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
287KB, 650x650px
Why do workers that make anything under 150k think they have a good life? You can polish a log of shit, but it's still a log of shit.

I have no idea how anyone could literally work slave labor to make anything less then 150k, at that point what's the point? You're meant to live life, and your sacrificing your life for a few extra bucks.

Lmfao, I really don't get it... Would any r-wagies care to explain?
>>
>>37154578

Some parts of the US have very low costs, and you can live well there without needing much money.

I've been researching this, since I have been considering moving out of the high wage / high cost SF bay area, and retiring to a place where a mere $70k or so a year generated by my investments would allow me to live a very comfortable life.
>>
70k a year is the golden number
>>
>>37154666
I collect easy money from social security. I'll happily live off my government benefits. I don't have to work a day in my life, enjoy slave labor.

Anyone serious care to explain why workers like wasting their life for money?
>>
I make 78k/year, that's about half of your "minimum". Yet I live a very comfortable and good life. What do I need 150k for?
I have a nice car, a nice house and I can afford holidays wherever I want. Additionally, I like my job and I'll probably climb up to 130k over the years.
What else do I need? What the hell do I need 150k for?
You seem clueless, OP. You probably just got out of high school.
>>
File: .jpg (52KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
52KB, 600x333px
>>37154725
You like your job? Cool, wagie. I like my life. I just got done finishing up Toradora! Might re-watch Cowboy Bebop again, or some other anime. Have you enjoyed your weekend free from slavery? What animes did you watch while not on the clock for pennies on the hour?

Anyway... Better make the most of your long weekend before you're back to work! Make sure you leave your boss a treat, maybe you'll get a bump in your pay dirt, ey?
>>
>>37154755
Nice blog post, I guess. Enjoy your bare minimum, kek.
>>
>>37154702
>being poor is golden
>>
>>37154790

The average income in the US is $40-50k a year. 70k is nowhere near poor.
>>
File: pepe_the_neet4.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_the_neet4.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>37154785
Pretty happy at your 35k a year job h--*BURRRRP* Oh pardon me, that was quite rude. Sorry, just got done stuffing my face with meatloaf, mother makes the most splendid meatloaf.

Yeah, but don't get jealous that I have more money than you without working a day in my life. I can smell the jealousy off of this post. Anyway, try and enjoy the last seconds of your time off from slave labor, wagie! Corporate wants 30% profit increase next week, you better work hard!

*yawns and kicks feet up whilst logging into crunchyroll*
>>
>>37154578
HaHAHaHA I make 5k

;_;
>>
The average salary across the entire planet shakes out to less than $1500 a month, which adds up to $18,000 a year. You're basically saying that anyone below the 98th percentile may as well give up working because why bother having food or shelter.
>>
File: .jpg (127KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
127KB, 750x725px
>all my """family""" is going out on sunday to eat at a restaurant
>anon lets go
>uhh who told you im going
>everyone is going anon
>not me
>why don't you want to leave the house?
>go to the bathroom to take a shit waiting until they leave
haha fucking normies somebody stop me!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170320-091610.jpg (904KB, 1430x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170320-091610.jpg
904KB, 1430x1430px
>making $57k in an hourly job with overtime
>get a promotion
>$50k salary, no overtime
>>
>>37154833
>crunchyroll
Embarrassing bait my dude, you smell like reddit.
>>
File: .png (125KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
.png
125KB, 250x239px
>>37154983
Ragie wagie rest your head,
You are up early,
whilst I am in bed
>>
>>37154578
The trick is to get a job that you enjoy and is fulfilling.

I was NEET for a couple years. All I did was watch shows, browse boards, and get depressed. I got lucky that I was able to escape that.

I don't work to get rich. I just need enough money to not have to worry about money. I do what I do to make my life worth living.

Life is better. Depression is gone. I actually have a couple good friends now.
>>
>>37154578
How life is 'lived' is in the mind of the beholder. Given that life itself has no real meaning other than to merely exist, then hours spent working are just as much "life" as a rich pool party. They are equalized by the fact that both situations are intrinsically worthless.
>>
Maybe they do. Depends on where they live and what they do for a living.
>>
>>37154578
what sucks about making 150K a year or close to it is that it's hard to make anything less. even if your bills are minimal, in the back of your mind you always think about what it was like to make thousands a week versus a few hundred every two weeks or whatever.
>>
>>37155404
>I did it, therefore everyone else did.
Congrats. Just because you were a dumbass and went into hermit mode does not mean that the majority of us did.
>>
>>37154578
It's either do that or die, homeless, of starvation and exposure.

You might say to that, "just die then". And people could just die. Maybe the world and humanity would be better off if 7 billion of us died out. But it's not that easy, for some reason.
>>
Only 2 years left of college for me and I'll be working as a software engineer making an average 75k a year in entry position, couple years down the road 125k a year. I'll also be involved with real estate and the stock market so i can grow my chances of becoming a millionaire before I'm 30 years old. My end game is to become a billionare before I'm 45 years old. Hey, a young 20 year old guy can dream can't he? Anything it takes to escape the poor life 99% of my family has been living.
>>
>>37154755
How many haircuts have you gotten today?
>>
>>37156735
>Only 2 years left of college for me and I'll be working as a software engineer making an average 75k a year in entry position
Did you already sign your contract with some company, bb? ;)
>>
>>37157637

Not that unrealistic. I just graduated with a CS major making 85k at a smaller company.
>>
I don't think I have a good life, necessarily. But it's better than I would have if I was a NEET. I was a NEET for 6 months, and that was the worst time of my life. I was so fucking bored, I wanted to die. Currently a full time student and full time wagie, and having the best time of my life.
>>
>>37154946
Hello me
The restaurants were usually shitty and my parents were saving money by me eating at home though so fuck it. "Family time together" is BS, we lived in the same damn house.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.