[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite movie of all time, and why?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: Toyogeki-Movie_Toyooka002.jpg (2MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
Toyogeki-Movie_Toyooka002.jpg
2MB, 4288x2848px
What is your favourite movie of all time, and why?
>>
Koe No Katachi//A Silent Voice

originalcommentuu
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>37150523
Scarface. It really takes you in the guts. I was frankly breathless. The story, the actors, the music, the aesthetics, the feels, it's all there.

In close tie with Blade Runner.
>>
File: Taxi Driver still.jpg (40KB, 460x278px) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver still.jpg
40KB, 460x278px
Taxi Driver
Amazing character design and atmosphere.
>>
>>37150523
battle royale

its a culmination of all my daydreams and fantasies when i was in high school. it's also a damn good movie, too.
>>
Andrei Rublev. Haven't seen any other Tarkovsky films, but I've watched Andrei Rublev many times.
>>
The Wolf of Wallstreet
Because I wish my life was just like Jordan Belfort"s in the movie
>>
Terminator 1. My parents sheltered me as a kid but they decide it was in my best interest if they sat me down and showed it to me when I was 8. Everything about it scared the hell out of me, especially the future scenes, but it was also thrilling. I still love it to this day. It's a perfect blend of action, sci-fi, horror, and thriller.
>>
>>37150758
>character design

You're one retarded motherfucker
>>
>>37151180
Terminator 2 is superior, t b h.
>>
stroszek

because i liked it for various reasons i'm bad at putting into words

maybe fallen angels
>>
Full metal jacket
askljadls;kfja;lkj
>>
File: Ian_Curtis.jpg (82KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Curtis.jpg
82KB, 500x615px
>>37151332
>stroszek
Hey anon I've been feeling down and have been looking for a nice, feel good, life affirming kino, would you recommend it to me
>>
>>37150523
audition because i like yanderes
>>
>>37150523
*film
We created the English language so you follow our vocabulary
>>
File: ehnk7bxu.jpg (56KB, 297x452px) Image search: [Google]
ehnk7bxu.jpg
56KB, 297x452px
>>37150523
I dunno OPeeh this one sticks with me for some reason
>>
apocalypse now
i don't know
>>
>>37151342
Just watched this movie for the first time.
It felt really disjointed and strange to me.
>>
>>37150637
What the fuck dude? What the FUCK? These are literally my top 2 and they're tied as well.
Can we be friends and discuss movies, please?
>>
File: 408px-First_blood_poster.jpg (131KB, 408x599px) Image search: [Google]
408px-First_blood_poster.jpg
131KB, 408x599px
Tie between this, Highlander, and the Wild Bunch.
>>
>>37151916
Sure why not. I'd be interested to know what are your third & fourth most favorites though, it'd be nice to compare since we seem to have similar tastes.
>>
probably Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire. The aesthetics, the nonlinear story telling, the complexity and the stories playing out on multiple levels. honorable mentions would be The Holy Mountain and Santa Sangre for a lot of the same reasons. Also Barry Lyndon for its interesting representation of life in the time period, the cinematography, and comfiness. the original lord of the rings trilogy is always a classic too
>>
>>37152179
>Mulholland Drive

Good one too, David Lynch is pretty great.
>>
>>37152273

i miss the days when movie-making was treated more like an art than a science, at least by the big studios with big budgets. when lynch is gone (and jodorowsky is done) we might never see anything like that again
>>
>>37150523
real humin ben
oroiginaloo
>>
File: 1483768310743.jpg (71KB, 565x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483768310743.jpg
71KB, 565x1000px
>>37152053
3. Pulp Fiction - I know it's quite cheesy, but I love the atmosphere and the comic-like feel to it, with excellent quality dialogues.
4. Full Metal Jacket - because of the characters and the relationships between them. It felt like the ultimate manly bro-movie.
>>
>>37152463
Brety gud.

Both are fine by my book, but 3. for me would be "Dressed to Kill" and 4. would be "Open Range".
>>
Mine are:
1.Scarface
2.Goodfellas
3.Juice
4. The Godfather
>>
>>37152364
Yeah.

Only modern movie I really liked in terms of suspense and scary-ness was 10 Cloverfield Ln.
>>
>>37150523
Mr. Nobody.

It's a movie that goes through all the major "what ifs" in a guys life. I like the movie because there are several major "what ifs" in my life that I always think about.
>>
Best movie of all time.
>>
I'll go with Falling Down.
It's a does a great job showing someone breaking from stress of modern societal expectations. D-FENS at the same time is insane, wrong, yet moral and stupid, yet smart enough to use his fall as means of financially helping the people he loved.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.