[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go to a big city from a small town?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
How do I go to a big city from a small town?
>>
>>37144311
Get some savings.

Move there.

Find job.
>>
Suck lots of jewish homosexual dicks. You'll make it.
>>
Have a lot of money because cities are extremely expensive. Especially NYC
>>
>>37144311

>save 1500
>Buy van
>title van in your name, register and insure as well
>spend another 700 on renovations for the van
>Electrical system upgrade, insulation, heating an air conditioning that aren't reliant on the car running
>live the van life.
>>
File: dodgeram.jpg (35KB, 792x334px) Image search: [Google]
dodgeram.jpg
35KB, 792x334px
>>37144457
Forgot to include pic.
If follow my advice get a dodge ram. They last forever
>>
stop spamming this thread
reeeeeeeeee
>>
there's the easy way and the hard way

easy way: get a job there first

hard way: save up enough money to move and live there for 2 months, move there and hustle your ass off to find a job before you run out of money and have to go home

expect to be living in a shitty shared apartment with no privacy and busted fixtures at first
>>
>>37144311
don't bother unless you have a job first

if it's in pic related, it had better be at least 70k
>>
stop making your horrible threads

every day with this shit
you never listen or even seem to care what people have to say

the more i look into your post history the more i realize how utterly pathetic you are as a human being, which makes sense given that you consistently spam these threads on fucking /r9k/
but holy shit

if you really want to move somewhere then figure it out for yourself. asking /r9k/ 590000 times will not actually get you out of your parents' trailer and into the "big city" where you can become a famous white rapper who lives a hard life in the ghetto just like your favorite black people

stop whining and/or kill yourself
>>
here's a twist:

how do i move to a small town from a big city? I dare any of you to find a place that meets these criteria, I've been looking for months

a) lots of snow in the winter
b) hilly/mountainous and has trees everywhere (rules out great plains)
c) majority white
d) has programming/cs/software related jobs available

four things and it leaves me with like northern new england and some places in Colorado, that's it.
>>
>>37144604
new england's your best bet. some suburb outside boston?
>>
>>37144670
Was thinking New Hampshire like in Manchester or Concord, since anything else in those upper 3 states has like less than 10 postings on indeed. Haven't really considered anywhere near Boston much since the snow it gets compared to the upper half of New England is minimal and it has the most non-whites by far (juvenile, I know)
>>
>>37144503
Are you saying people living in NYC only make 70k a year or more
>>
>>37144604
spokane washington. research it. comfy as fuck. hot int he summer, snowy in the winter, a full 4 seasons. beautiful terrain. downtown is a "big" ish city, and then you drive for 30 minutes and youre in bumfuck no where
>>
>>37144744
it's funny because I was born and raised in Washington. I was west of the cascade mountains though, so had all three of my criteria except the snow part, which is one of the most important sadly
>>
>>37144735
people who live in the city usually do, yeah.

the exceptions would be people who live in public housing (which there is a lot of in NYC) and some people who live in the really shitty outer parts, like some of the bronx or east new york. also staten island doesn't count.

people who don't make that much usually make do by living with like 4 roommates to mitigate rent

many people who work low-paying jobs in nyc don't actually live in the city because they can't afford it. they commute in/out daily (often from jersey)
>>
>>37144777
That's so fucked what about the Mexicans and shit that go there? What about poor 20 something's trying to act?
>>
>>37144735
(all figures are in GBP)
if you want to live comfortably in london you should be on about 60,000. anything less than 40,000 and you're in multiple roommate territory.

my rent for a 1 bed flat was 1250 per mo. with council tax and bills that made about 1450 per mo.

I imagine NYC is very similar.
>>
>>37144887
I don't mind multiple roommates though. I'd probably share a room just to not be poor forever.
>>
>>37144943
well in that case just apply for jobs in the city, and move there when you get one.

you'll need to save up a deposit on a flat and maybe a few months rent in case things go tits up with the job (optional) but it's not that bad.
>>
>>37144824
>mexicans and shit
they either live in subsidized housing or they live 5 dudes to a room with no running water and still get gouged

>poor 20 something's trying to act
their parents pay their rent
in the unlikely event that this is not what happens, they work like 3-4 irregular jobs ("the gig economy," i guess it's called) and live with a bunch of roommates and are still mostly poor
i actually know people like this
>>
>>37145232
That roommate shit doesn't sound bad. What if I went to a cheaper town like Atlanta instead of NYC.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.