[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you saw it, what did you think of it? I appear to be in the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: alien-covenant-poster-3-400540.jpg (503KB, 1381x2048px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-poster-3-400540.jpg
503KB, 1381x2048px
If you saw it, what did you think of it?

I appear to be in the minority because I thought it was a solid 8.5/10. My main complaint is that there wasn't enough scenes with the xenomorphs.
>>
>this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtxBvU21J28

originalo
>>
File: 1487216750593-0.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487216750593-0.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
>>37144178
I really wanna go see Ayylmao: Covenant, but I don't have any friends or anybody to go with, and I don't want to appear awkward and weird.

If I try to go to a midnight showing or a super early showing, will there be less people?
>>
>>37144210
I saw it alone, I've seen plenty of movies alone. No one cares.

I saw it yesterday in the afternoon and there was about 10 other people in the theater with me. (slightly surprising but I assume the Friday night showing was quite packed)
>>
I didn't like it. While the cinematography, music (That weird noise that comes on whenever the Xenos show up was awesome) and sfx were great, the characters and writing were awful.

Major spoiler: Killing off my wife Noomi Rapace like that was ridiculous, by the way.

Katherine Waterston was cute as hell, though, ever though she looked like a really bad Ripley cosplayer.
>>
>>37144210
Noone cares if you're alone, it's quite common.

Btw, I invited a friend to see it and he agreed, but now I'm worried he won't like it and it will be really awkward.
>>
>>37144178
just saw it thought it was pretty good
>>
movie was shit desu. david being the creator of the xenomorph was a serious letdown imo.
>>
>>37144178
let me guess, everyone gets killed by the alien. that new blade runner is going to be even more shit.
>>
>>37144636
>>37144262
You guys sure nobody cares if I'm alone? I'm kind of an awkward sperg and I really really don't want people to give me a "ew, weirdo school shooter" look. Especially couples.

And I feel shameful buying a ticket "for one"
>>
>>37144837
What would someone possibly do? Say to your face you are creepy or something? That would be quite unlikely. People nowadays stay within their own social bubbles and don't care about strangers. A few decades ago when my grandparents were my age, strangers would definitely strike up conversations with each other at random. But that doesn't really happen anymore. And if anybody gives you a nasty look then just ignore them. And most importantly, someone working behind the counter selling tickets couldn't care less if one is alone buying a ticket for themselves. A lot of people who work at a movie theater seem to be robotish anyways.

You have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>37144837
Seriously, noone cares as long as you don't start doing something weird. There's also a big chance you won't be the only one without a friend. Just don't sit next to other people.
Besides, during the movie it will be dark, so people won't be paying much attention to the rest of the audience.
>>
>>37144897
>>37144924
Alright, thanks guys. I'm gonna go see it later on this morning.
>>
>>37144837
I went to see it on my own, too. No one gives a shit, seriously.
>>
File: 1481422927077.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481422927077.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>37144957
No prob, just don't forget to tell us if you liked it (if the thread is still alive, that is).
>>
File: 6aIq3ha.jpg (606KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
6aIq3ha.jpg
606KB, 1536x2048px
>tfw too afraid to go to movie theater alone because I don't have any friends
>>
7/10? I think?

I wish they would fuck off with that pseudo arty crap with the androids at the beginning. The piano, the bare feet slapping on the floor, the stilted wide eyed dialogue WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HUMAN? ARE YOU A GOD? OR AM I? dun dun dunnnn i just blew ur mind
just no, not necessary at all. That was all massively paraphrased but you know what I mean

NOT ENOUGH PROPER XENO ACTION. Also I really disliked how they made the first alien to appear almost sympathetic with that scene where it stands in front of David and they commune or whatever. It's not a fucking dog, it's a killing beast with no mercy, don't fuck with the formula I say

Agree with poster above that found David being the architect of the perfect Xeno a let down. It should have stayed the Pilots or whatever they're called now.

ALsooo it was interesting that they showed several scenes from the alien's perspective? Normally you don't know the thing's there until POUNCE it fucks someone with its face plunger, but this time you got to see lots of independent alien action and I think I am less than a fan of such carry on.

ONE MORE ALSO - and this is the most important one! JUST BECAUUSE RIPLEY SHE WHO IS QUEEN ABOVE ALL blah blah killed the fucking queen with a big machine mover, doesn't mean you have to try recreate that same sort of dynamic with every alien related movie.
>>
>>37144210
god, then stay awkward and weird. it's a fucking movie for christ's sake. nobody cares if you are alone. not to mention it will be dark and everybody will be focused on the movie the entire time. I seriously don't understand how you can be THAT fucked in the head. Seriously, get outside, for your own sake.
>>
>>37145408
>I seriously don't understand how you can be THAT fucked in the head.
Man, there are people on this website that are into lolicon and goreshit and whatever and you make it seem like I'M incredibly fucked up in the head just 'cause I'm slightly autistic and scared of people.
>>
Oh yeah one more ALSO

The gestation times and ESPECIALLY the growing time from infant to fully sized beast were fucked. Half an hour tops? MUH laws of conservation of mass etc
>>
ALSO I saw this movie alone too, felt about 2/10 on the weird scale going on, which dropped to 0/10 after five seconds because nobody else gives a shit about you, seriously, you are so unimportant to everyone else, they're only concerned with themselves, almost always.

IF you want to know a bad time to see a movie alone, I actually have a story! It was about...7 or so years ago I think when I had the day off work and wanted to see a movie. I looked up titles and this one called SHORTBUS caught my attention, it sounded like some sort of american pie comedy. I sit down alone in it and within five minutes some guy is sucking his own cock and jizzing in his own mouth wtf lol

I looked around and realised the whole theater was full of single guys ha, except for this one older couple who got up and left after 15 minutes. I stayed for 45 tops I think before tapping out. Only though because at the time I was much more concerned with what others thought of me, and much less self aware than I think I am now. I didn't want people to think I was a homo there to watch homo action.

watch movies alone, it's no big deal, it really isn't. I can't stress enough how much of a non issue it is, nobody will care. Unless I guess they're a pack of 15 year olds but those cunts will attack anyone and anything for any reason because they are spastic half formed humans who don't understand a goddamn thing about life and the world. Not like me :smug smile:
>>
>>37144178
I saw it tonight OP.

I thought the necromorphs/faceless xenos were terrifying as shit, especially considering how bullet resistant they were. Hand in hand though, I also realized that David is the next scariest thing in the Alien universe.
>>
Well, it was long, boring, story is lame. Needed to either be longer and explain things better or be 2 movies. A waste of the awesome special effects and sets. It had sooooo much potential and it sucked. I was falling asleep. I wanted soooo much to like it. Maybe i will watch it in parts when i get the dvd. Dont see it in theaters
>>
File: White-proto-alien-Prometheus.jpg (40KB, 750x432px) Image search: [Google]
White-proto-alien-Prometheus.jpg
40KB, 750x432px
WHERES MY FUCKING CAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.