[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism is still the most rational belief, regardless of what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

File: 1491238775579.gif (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1491238775579.gif
2MB, 700x394px
Atheism is still the most rational belief, regardless of what your internet community says is ''cool'' or ''cringey''. Remember that. Get in here btfo christfags and post your fedora tipping pics, and be sure not to make any arguments.
>>
File: 1483666956375.jpg (7KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1483666956375.jpg
7KB, 250x247px
>my mom is making me to to church again

I told her if she could beat me in a debate then I'd agree to go but she just argued with me until my brother punched me really hard in the arm a couple times and told me to shut up and get in the car. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO FUCKING CHURCH ON SUNDAY FUCK
>>
File: costanza max.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
costanza max.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
god is the biggest example of a spook
>>
>>37129910
Dude, I've always been an atheist, ever since I was a kid I would question all that weird fairy tale church was giving us. But holy shit, I hate the militant atheist community so fucking much!
>>
>>37129910
on the other hand, given how nightmarish and horrible things are, a hostile superintelligence is not the most unlikely prospect
>>
I agree, but it doesn't matter what anyone believes, honestly.

Also
>Go to breakfast w/ cousins
>See old youth pastor
>He smiles and greets me, he looks so happy, I smile back and say hello
>He is with a big group of attractive people, all look happy
>Cousins say I should go back to church
>Remember how fun it was, remember how much easier it was to make friends when I was involved in this small community Church in the south
>Remember that I have been attracted to males since I was a kid
>Remember how repressed and guilt filled I would feel when I would sit in the bathroom trying not to have faggot thoughts
>Decide not to go back to church
>>
File: solipsism.jpg (88KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
solipsism.jpg
88KB, 512x768px
Little daily reminder, you dumb plebeian brainlets.
>>
>>37129910
Atheism is alright, but I consider myself a nihilist more than anything else because I find it the most rational.
>>
>>37129910
bump. The fedora memes are just a defense mechanism. Christians can't counter atheist arguments, so they they divert with a personal attack.
>>
>>37129910
I believe in god, but not in the traditional way. I believe god is a friend that is there to be with me, He is a friend of mine and He gives me the purpose in life. I dont think He is capable of everything otherwise god would stop wars and the suffering of starving niggers in africa
>>
>>37130978
Can't you be both?
>>37131268
You can believe what you want. That and deism are comfy beliefs, no doubt, but are less rational atheism.
>>
File: 1494880761453.png (551KB, 515x739px) Image search: [Google]
1494880761453.png
551KB, 515x739px
>>37131345
>Can't you be both?
No, you can only choose one, pleb.
>>
>>37130978
Who are you reminding?
>>
Religion is a distraction from a religious experience.

Atheism is straight autism/egotism. (Same thing)
>>
>>37131426
You atheist plebs who think you're enlightened by your skepticism.
>>
>>37131472
It's not skepticism, it's just being rational.
>>
>>37131563
You are intellectually dishonest.

>le rationality and le science xDD
'no', stop.
>>
>>37131472
But there aren't any atheists in the world, let alone atheist plebs.
>>
>>37131599
Yes because they and you simply don't exist.
>>
>>37131400
How come?

Org
>>
>>37131620
Well, indeed, as that's the definition of solipsism. Makes it pretty hard for you to convince any of us of it when we don't exist, though.
>>
>>37131630
A genuine solipsist will never give himself an "atheist" identity.

>>37131671
>Makes it pretty hard for you to convince any of us of it
I'm not trying to convince you, in fact, I'm simply letting you know that YOU are not convincing me.
>>
File: 1478822903049.jpg (40KB, 720x318px) Image search: [Google]
1478822903049.jpg
40KB, 720x318px
>>37129910
>Atheism is still the most rational belief

Is atheism a belief, though? It's just an absence of belief. By default, we're all atheists - at least until our parents / culture condition us to be otherwise.

Also, obligatory trolling pic for fedora-posters.
>>
>>37131728
>By default, we're all atheists
We're illiterate and clueless by default.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
>>
>>37131703
Well, I'd hope not. If you were to listen to things that weren't real, you might start going insane.

>>37131728
Atheism is actually the committed belief that there is no deity. If you don't believe in anything with conviction, you don't get a label.
>>
>>37131811
>If you were to listen to things that weren't real
I have no choice to pretend they're real or else I wouldn't be able to live a good life, it's also entertaining, I don't shitpost on 4chan for nothing.
>>
>>37130046
It's all smiles and happyness when you drink the cool aid, but is it worth it?
>>
>>37130046
Dude god loves everyone. Just cuz you think about dicks doesnt mean god hates you.
"Thou shalt not lie with a man as one does with a woman."
Dude we let guys and girls marry each other and now we have chicks with dicks and mustaches and horomones and cock sucking rallies. Degeneracy in its purest form. Giving away human morality for the sake of indulgence and first worldly pleasures. God doesnt hate gays dude, do you really think he'd give a shit about a church goin' boy who thinks about dicks in his mouth? God is the universe. For realsies senpai. Even the name universe means god.
"In the beginning there was one word and that word was god"
ONE WORD
uni
>one
verse
>word
God IS all around us. Its not some dude with a beard in the clouds who zaps lightening from his fingers. Anyone whose not a violent retard can see that. But raging-boner athiests act like they have +20 to their intelligence lvl. because they dont believe what 90% of christians dont believe in the first place, because they believe in (((SCIENCE.))) The same (((SCIENCE))) that tells then there are more than 2 genders and the earth is round
>>
>>37129910
why not become a existential-Nihalist?
>>
>>37131268
So an imaginary friend?
>>
File: IMG_6062.gif (307KB, 309x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6062.gif
307KB, 309x360px
>>37131894
This nigga speaks true shit

Trust me I've smoked a decent amount of DMT
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>37129910
Atheism is truth-ajacent.
Any god whose name can be spoken is not the true god.

>>37131894
Without a speaker, there is no word.
Without a word, the speaker is inaudible.
The voice and the throat are one and the same.
>>
File: fedora_intensifies.gif (134KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
fedora_intensifies.gif
134KB, 287x344px
>>37131894
>The same (((SCIENCE))) that tells then there are more than 2 genders and the earth is round
Both are correct, what's your point?
Atheist don't believe in a god because there is no evidence for the existence of one or many gods.
It's not possible to rule out deism and even if there was truly a godlike beeing outside of what we can perceive, worshipping it would be pointless since it's uninvolved and indifferent to our lives but we can point out flaws, contradictions and other bullshit of existing religions and the rules that they bring to the table.
>>
>>37132216
So whats Gods name then? Nobody knows. Its just God. Thats why everyone calls him God. Muslims call allah God. The fuckin aztecs and shit didnt have a specific name for thier sun God or whatever (at least i dont think they did.) Point is, if you dont want to believe in God or Jehovah or whatever, thats fine you dont have to. Thats the beauty of it. God gave us free will, he also warned us of bad shit to come if we used our free will to do harm or just generally fucked up shit.
And thats another thing too. All you peckerhead know it alls act like following the bible ir the ten commandments is so hard and opressing
>dont steal
>dont kill
>dont fuck your neighbors wife
>dont be a shitbag
Seems pretty easy to me
>>
>>37132514
Namaste.

organic chemistry
>>
>>37132514
His name is (((Yahweh)))
>>
>>37132434
Theres no rules though. Thats the thing people dont get. God gave us free will. The people who say "oh i cant do that its against the bible." They CAN DO IT. It also says you can only eat fish on friday our whatever, i still eat beef and pork and chicken and shit whenever i want to. Do you think when you die someone's at the pearly gates to say "oh well you remember that time you had a mcdouble on friday? Yup to hell with you." No lol.
>>
>>37132612
You are very ignorant on this since the rules have laxed up in most Christian communities, but religions like the Islam still enforce most of their rules. I know people will cherrypick whatever they like from their religions and ignore the rest, however this leads to very different ideas of god and thus religions becomes even more unreliable.
Some people use this as excuse to do harm to other people and even kill in the name of god.

Also if God is omnipotent, omniscient and has a master plan for everyone then free will is just a meme.
>>
>>37132875
Yea, and islam is fucked. Thats what happens when people take a religous book absolutely 100% seriously. And when religious laws are enforced, thats when free will is abolished and religious oppression starts. Thats the difference between christianity and the religion of peace. Christianity is a truly peaceful religion
>B-but muh crusades
The crusades were a response to muslim aggression
>>
>>37133303
You must have not read the Old Testament
>>
>>37133420
Like i said, anyone who follows a religious book 100% to the tee is a dipshit
>>
>>37133465
So you're cherry picking?
>>
File: frrooog.jpg (51KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
frrooog.jpg
51KB, 660x574px
>>37130006
>I militantly hate the "militant" atheist community!

maybe atheism isn't the problem here.
>>
>>37133502
No lol. Im saying that most athiests act like theyre better and smarter because they dont believe in something most christians dont believe in. And the christians that follow the bible 100% are dumb as fuck too
>>
>>37133584
I agree with what your saying but it raises the question of why a perfect god would allow his holy book to be imperfect.
>>
I believe in God.
Many Nobel-winning scientists also believe in Jesus: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

It isn't stupid to believe in Jesus, but in modern society, it is considered to be so which is unfortunate. During the medieval ages, Christianity brought morals to the people, and had an impact on political theory, and social issues for the better.

It was when the (((Pope))) decided to use Christianity for his political gain, that everything was screwed up.

The Catholics even murdered Christians for printing Bibles: https://www.scionofzion.com/mcr.htm.
>>
>>37133781
>brought morals to the people
sorry i can't hear you over the sound of screaming cathars
>>
>>37133680
Because it was rewritten, and then rewritten, and then some dude re wrote the rewritten version of the rewritten book
>>
File: 1472816722547.png (288KB, 1067x606px) Image search: [Google]
1472816722547.png
288KB, 1067x606px
>>37133781
>protestantism
not even once desu
>>
>>37133799
There are fake """Christians""" who used the movement to establish power, just like the Roman Catholic Church who killed Christians.

They don't believe in the same Hod as me.
>>
>>37133804
The KJV is almost exactly identical to the original Dead Sea scrolls.
>>
>>37133804
So how do you know which parts of the Bible are worth following and are truly gods word? The original bible could have been "worse" than it is now.
>>
>>37129967
then don't
if they really want you to go, they can drag you into the car
>>
>>37132588
Yahweh means "I am"
>>37132875
>>37132612
You're both truth-adjacent. The individual self is an illusion; we are all different masks on the face of Brahma.
In the same way an actor becomes so absorbed in his role as to become that role, god the actor (Brahma) is playing you. Also time doesn't exist as a set of discrete intervals; this too is an illusion.
>>
It doesn't matter if you are technically right.
Stop being a faggot about it.
Nobody cares.
>>
>>37133925
Seems you do
>>
I just think the whole thing is kind of silly. Also, do Christians think that people before the invention of Christianity go to hell? What about people born after the invention of Christianity who lived in a part of the world with no contact with Christian religion? What about people today who were born into a culture where Christianity is not the dominant religion? Do they all go straight to hell? Seems like kind of a raw deal you ask me.
>>
>>37129910
Actually agnosticism is the most rational one. Because you can neither prove or disprove that there is a mystical world
>>
>>37133871
Not the other Anon, but there is nothing wrong with the (KJV) Bible, which is basically the English translation from the Dead Sea Scrolls.

It teaches us the history, and lessons of life.
>>
>>37130978
>not scepticism

Scepticism is above all
>>
>I know for a fact there is no higher power even though the nature of everything is way way beyond what my puny brain could handle
>rational

pick one
It's fine if you're against religion though
>>
>>37133981
It also tells you how hard your allowed to beat your slave.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 450x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 450x527px
>>37133972
In other words, you believe what you see before you. This is rational and there's nothing wrong with it at all.
>>
>>37133972

You also can't disprove there being a teapot in elliptical orbit around the sun between Earth and Mars, but that doesn't make it rational to believe there is one there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot
>>
>>37134036
Well thats what agonticism is about so... And i know the teapot problem.
>>
>>37134008
Slaves weren't like the slaves in America.

They were often refugees, or people who couldn't take care of themselves.

There is even the chapter of fair-treatment of slaves: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/%3Fsearch%3DExodus%2B21%26version%3DNLT%26interface%3Damp
>>
>>37134104
>Justifying slavery
o-ok
>>
>>37133303
>The crusades were a response to muslim aggression

read a fucking history book, you tard.
seljik turks' expansion frightened the byzantine empire, so they worked with the roman catholics to 'take back the holy land'

and gee, if all of the crusaders were as stupid as you, i can see why every crusade failed
>>
>>37134135
Times were different back then. Slaves were more like family than anything else.
>>
>>37134173
This is absolute bullshit and you know it
>>
>>37134104
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
>>
>>37134151
Yea and just what do you think "expansion" is?
Oh yea its fine, these syrians are just "expanding" into germany and sweden. Lets just have germany "expand" into russia and poland its all good.

Fucking idiot
>>
>>37134400
Here's a link for more info, but I'll explain a little here too: https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/genesis-deuteronomy/slave-property

Basically, God had to put limits on the evils of men in ancient Israel, to bring safety to the slaves. This is why he forbids murder.

Many cultures around the world had slaves like Israel did, and God is slowly establishing law within society.

Eventually Jesus comes, to complete it.
>>
>>37129910
What is rational about arguing for the existence of something that cannot be proven?
If one prefers to believe in something, they should be able to, only an idiot would contest someones private beliefs given those beliefs have nothing to do with said idiot or will affect said idiots life in any way shape or form.
Atheism is sound by itself, but when you apply tenants to it and make it an ideology instead of simply a lack of belief in a higher power- then it will attract idiots from every spectrum and every walk of life.
>>
>>37130046
don't go to church you degenerate faggot
>>
>>37134774
>given those beliefs have nothing to do with said idiot or will affect said idiots life in any way shape or form.

Tell that to the victims of suicide bombings
>>
>>37129910
That would be agnosticism

t. Christian
>>
>athiesm
>not going to LFE after you die (not going to LFE after you die)
lol
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.