[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting my job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: 1452580032031.jpg (132KB, 572x845px) Image search: [Google]
1452580032031.jpg
132KB, 572x845px
How exactly do I quit my job? I work at a restaurant for minimum wage and I want to quit. Can I tell my boss that I'm done and just not show up anymore starting tomorrow or do I have to keep coming until for a certain amount of time? I've only worked here for like a week by the way, no paycheck or anything. They still have to pay me for the time I've worked, right?
>>
Why do you want to quit?

To answer your question. Just stop going. You've only been there a week and it's a shitty restaurant gig. They're not gonna care.
>>
>>37119818
they can fire you at any time and you can quit at any time. Just say "sorry, I found something better" and then send your boss a picture of your penis.
>>
I read that you have to give 2 weeks notice or else the manager can sue you? The agreement at first was to "try it for a few days and see if you like it", I could I could handle it but I absolutely fucking hate it and can't do this anymore. There is no way I stay here for 2 more weeks, especially considering they will all hate my guts knowing that I'm going to quit.
>>
Go to /adv/ for this

Usually put in a 2 weeks notice tho, otherwise it makes you look like a shitty person.
>>
>>37119818

Just either don't show up or go and say you quit for personal reasons.

I worked as a dish washer for a week and quit by saying I couldn't do it and the main guy did sperg out on me cause they were short staffed but it worked. That job was so hard and awful btw. Fuck it anon you got this.
>>
>>37119818

You say to your manager "Hey here's my two weeks"

Thats literally it you fucking autist
>>
>>37119852
It's way too much work, and I'm not even a lazy fuck. The rush is insane and it's constant. All the time you have to rush and make a bunch of different plates all at the same time(and I have to learn like 35 different complex mexican plates too). The restaurant is busy as fuck every day for some reason, even today on Thursday it was full, and it's a big restaurant. I don't understand why, considering I never ate here or never even heard of the place until my mom forced me to give them my resume because she ate there once. It's hot as shit all the time and I've burned myself so many times already. Then I have these indian fucks yelling at me and calling me names in indian or something. I think they're calling me a monkey in indian? Fucking lazy pieces of shit. I worked atleast twice as hard as all of them today, they're telling me to make like 6 different plates all at the same time while they watch and take their fucking time to make a god damn taco, then they get mad and say HEY I TELL U TO MAKE THIS WHERE IS IT? Like nigger, I have 5 other plates to make all at the same time, I have to get more ingredients from the fridge in the back, I have to cook more meat, etc, what the fuck are YOU doing? I'm rambling on but holy fuck this place is hell.
>>
>>37120006
And the worst part is that everyone I know in real life that has a job basically does fucking nothing at their job. They're allowed to leave like 2 hours early, they come high every day at work, etc. This faggot has the audacity to complain that he sometimes has to lift boxes working at fucking Tim Hortons. Really nigger? I have to lift huge stacks of fajitas plates every day and risk burning my hand when putting them on the fucking stove. This other normie I met on the internet is on snapchat all the fucking time at work and he also works in a restaurant. What fucking restaurant does this guy work at where he's allowed to spend half the time on snapchat recording himself fucking around in the kitchen with his coworkers? I barely get a 5 minute break on my 7 hour shifts to eat something. My fucking boss is complaining to his manager that we have way too much work, and I also have to help the dishwasher wash dishes on top of cooking and cleaning the kitchen.
Seriously, fuck this job so hard
>>
>>37120006
you sound like a high schooler, I would recommend finding a subway to work at. it's easy as fuck once you learn the sandwiches, which doesn't take long especially since theres a guide right in front of you. Most of my time working there now is just spent shitposting.
>>
>>37119934
I cannot do this for 2 more weeks. Just the thought of going back there tomorrow and Saturday is killing me. It was busy as fuck today and it's only thursday, friday and saturday are going to be hell because it's the weekend.
Honestly, I could really care less about the the pay. I only got this job so my parents would stop bugging me about it. I don't care about the money, but it would be nice to get the 450$ I wageslaved for. I don't want to pass as an asshole for quitting like this but this job sucks so fucking bad
>>
>>37119818
I think in some places you're meant to give two weeks notice. But if you're just working on a casual basis for minimum wage. Fuck it. Just call in, say you quit. And don't go.
>>
>>37120078
Im 19 and this is my first real job. I don't know if you're calling me a high schooler because you think I'm lazy and just can't handle a normal job, but trust me this is NOT a normal job. I'm working my ass off here so fuck you you fucking faggot spending your time on your phone at work.
>>
>>37120154
Yeah, I think you're right. I feel bad for leaving them right before the weekend where they will need the most help, but this job is not worth minimum wage at all. I've never worked this hard in my entire life. They're going to struggle with one less person but it is what it is...
>>
>>37120207
>19
>first real job
>not lazy

K whatever you say. I wasn't even trying to sound smug or anything I was just assuming. I'm 20 and lazy as fuck myself, still working at subway, just thought I would give you tip.
>>
>be me, 20 with little job experience
>apply for restaurant down the road cause its close and i doubt ill get it
>i go in and get the job, oh shit
>i have to be a dishwasher
>FUCKFUCKFUCK
>should be easymode right? ive washed plenty of dishes
>older girl gives me a quick tour, doesnt explain a lot
>i have to get to work within 15 minutes
>constant dishes being piled my way through a window
>oh god
>also have to cook and do dishes at the same time apparently without letting dishes pile up
>i run around the small, crowded kitchen trying to get the burgers started, im super awkward and stressed, everyone looks at me weird
>older lady gives me shit and tells me to hurry up and get it done
>have tons of dishes piled up, try and do them and then have to dry them which takes time as the other dishes have already appeared in a new pile
>next day have to do all this plus move a ton of heavy boxes all around the restaurant, serve people and also take garbage out to the back and try and talk to co-workers but i come off as an autist cause im so nervous and stressed
>do this for a few days until I can no longer handle the stress and quit, manager spergs out on me, never return to restaurant

That was my last job. NEET life now. I had 3 jobs, but it certainly wasn't for me. Just very stressful, tiring and didn't make anything
>>
>>37120368
Yeah, I can imagine how it is. As I said earlier, today was so busy, and there was only 1 dishwasher, so I had to come help him after cleaning up the kitchen(boss made me stay 1 hour extra to help him). He had so many piles of dishes and containers and what not, poor guy was rushing like crazy since hours.
Working in a busy restaurant is fucking hell. I also accepted this job because I thought ok how bad can it be? First day sucked really bad, but I thought ok maybe it's just hard cuz it's the first day. 1 week later and I still want to kill myself everyday im in that kitchen. Doesn't help that these fuckers yell all the time in their indian accents that I can barely decipher, and they aren't even on the same page on what needs to be done. One of them yells at me to do something, then after I do it another one yells at me because he wanted it done another way.
>>
>>37120563

Yeah you get it, it's the worst. Ugh, would never do it again. Awful job. Just quit unless you have to do it.
>>
Alright, I did it. He will probably be mad at me but I'm not showing up tomorrow. He still has to send me a paycheck right?
>>
Just tell them it's not for you and you quit, and ask when you can get your paycheck, then go then and get your paycheck. They can't sue you or anything lol
>>
>>37120627
looks like you sat there for 5 minutes engineering the text and you still came off like a cuck
>>
>>37120627

Well if they're cool. When I quit I never got the 40 dollars I worked for...but whatever. It did end on a bad note. But anyway good job anon, well worded. If he's mad, oh well. I ignored the guy who freaked on me. The food sucked there anyway and the staff were assholes and they can't expect you to work your ass off until you can barely walk forever.
>>
>>37120724
how am i sounding like a cuck lol? I'm just being polite
>>37120736
>the food sucked
Same here man. I don't understand how this restaurant is so busy considering the food looks like ass. The shit they make me cook looks terrible, I definitely wouldn't eat here lol
>>
>>37120006
Sounds like a rough deal friendo. I'd definitely bail out of that. Why do you want to work in restaurants? What job are you going to get now?
>>
>>37120006

Have worked in restaurants through highschool and college, and I think it is an experience everyone should have for at least some time. We see lots of people like you come through, people who think that working in a restaurant is like making yourself a bowl of cereal or some shit in the comfort of your own kitchen but don't realize that this shit is actually very HARD work. You really have to enjoy the fast paced and energetic environment. You really don't seem cut out for this at all, and if this establishment is anything like the ones I've worked in everyone probably hates you because you are obviously not going to stick around for long, but in the meantime you are just being an underproductive worker eating the hours of better employees and getting in the way. Just tell the manager you don't like working and they'll probably take you off the schedule on the spot.
>>
>>37120207
wow, was gonna give you some easy job tips to apply for but you sound like an arrogant cunt. at 19 youve no right to say you arent lazy and you still have the mentality of a highschooler regardless if youve graduated or not.
>especially if this is your first real job
go get a job at mcdonalds and dump your fucking piece of shit face in the fryers you lazy sperg.
>>
>>37120949
yeah this little faggot sounds like he was shocked people work hard and do hard work to make a living. his mummy forced him to get a job which he quit pretty much immediately which leads me to believe he will never amount to anything unless he changes his rotten mindset

good luck you lazy naive fucker
>>
>>37120886
I was going to take any job offer I could get, they just called me back first. I'm going to try working at some smaller place like Dairy Queens or something.
>>37120930
I am not cut out for this, won't deny it, but I still gave it all I had and tried really hard. The 3 other guys I work with have 30 years of experience in restaurants, but for some reason the boss still took me in knowing that I have no experience in kitchens. I'm not eating up anyone's hours because I think they just don't have employees if they're desperate enough to take some random guy with no experience. I'm glad they hate me desu, it makes quitting easier. Hell, everytime these guys talked about me I was hoping they would just fire me already.
>>
Just call and say you're done and not showing up. If they try to give you all these reasons you can't, just dismiss them and be firm about it. The butthurt will be at max overdrive, but whatever, not your problem.
>>
>>37120949
>>37120980
t. guy that only got to spent 5 hours on his phone on his last shift
oh man you must have it real bad
>hurr durr im older than you so im less lazy!
sure bud
don't worry, I understand how things work now, I'll be alot more careful next time I'm looking for a job. I'll get myself 10 jobs where I get to spend my time on my phone and then I'll tell other people how lazy they are
>>
>>37119818
you have to send in your two weeks

i didnt do that though kek
>>
>>37121006
go apply for gas stations, you can try shit like tomthumb/safeway OR hardees/carls jr stations
>Hardees is good because they actually hire off duty cops as guards for the night shifts
>plus burger joints are built right next to the station so you dont have to worry about lunch
>>
>>37119818
Also OP, since you only worked for one week, even if you put in your two weeks they will shittalk you if you use reference so you can just abandon ship, just dont put it in your resume.
>>
>>37120627
>couldnt even man up and tell his boss in person
aw geez...what a waste of a human life
>>
>>37121048
I'm 26 and when I was 18 I worked 6 months in a warehouse working 10-14 hour shifts with literal mongs that barely spoke english.On those shifts I only had one 20 minute break during any given shift
>nb4 making shit up
its called taylor farms. they dont give a shit about osha standards.
So yeah. you're a lazy cunt and should dive headfirst into boiling oil.
>>
>>37121048
>>37120980
>>37120949

Fuck you. After working for a week as a dishwasher, I could barely move I was in such pain. My back and whole body hurt. I had to move things downstairs constantly, do tons of dishes, cook huge meals and try to keep up with a busy business. It is NOT easy. It's very hard and many people quit from restaurants because it's so much work. I can be lazy but I certainly was NOT!
>>
>>37120627
Alright message but should've made it much more neutral sounding.

this was mine over year ago

Dear King Shekelberg,

As effective immediately on Day, Month, Year, I am resigning from my position as "X". Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a notice during my probationary period in advance due to pressing personal issues.

Please forward this e-mail to the respective managers.

Sincerely,

- robot

i still got my paycheck too
>>
>>37121177
even after being unemployed for 2 years i wasn't that big of a pussy, anon. If you can't stand upright and move things around for 8 hours a day you might as well hero already.
>>
>>37121149
he's not always there and I'm not going there to do a whole shift just to tell him I quit

>>37121164
>working in a warehouse
>slow paced environment with no rush where you're left alone to move boxes and what not
sounds terrible man
I'm not quitting because I can't keep doing this. I could keep doing it, but it's not worth it for minimum wage if there are people getting the same pay as me but getting to spend their time on their phone instead of working(or not having to work in a really hot environment and burning themselves everyday)
I'd actually love to work in a warehouse, it actually sounds comfy as fuck, too bad you're probably some fat fuck that can't lift a box. Now please get out of my thread, retard.
>>
>>37119818
You must give two weeks notice otherwise they put you into a database which will make all future jobs much more difficult to get. No retail job will want to hire you with that black mark and it sticks around for at least 5 years. It is linked to your social security number. Even then they can refuse your resignation for up to 6 months. If they want to pursue it they can report you to the credit company and fuck with your credit score. Not worth it, just give your two weeks notice and apologize for ending your job prematurely.
>>
>>37121177
>wah i had to move stuff
anyjob will make you hurt anon simply because your lazy neet body isnt used to be active and you'll never grow out of it because you're a bitch who quits before even getting your first check. not even man enough to talk to manager correctly. Good luck being a failure, cause guess what? Buisness talk and when you build a reputation of job abandonment, some places automatically black list your resume because they have a program that can help track work history.
>source
I'm a hiring manager at a temp agency.
>>
>>37121378

You try CONSTANTLY FUCKING MOVING AROUND AND MOVING STUFF AND DOING TONS OF DISHES FOR 8 FUCKING HOURS. IT IS EXHAUSTING I AM PISSED OFF NOW YES I AM MAD. FUCK YOU, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT IS. I AM NOT USDE TO THIS PRESSURE! IT SUCKS AND ITS UNBEARABLE! I HAD TO QUIT! I COULD NOT FACE HIM ITS TOO MUCH PRESSURE. FUCK THIS JOB AND FUCK YOU!
>>
>>37121297
The social security mark sounds bad, but I don't think they will pursue me or refuse my resignation, considering they hate me and talk shit about me because I'm new to this kind of work. Sounds like they wish I would just leave already. I think I'm doing them a favor by quitting.
>>
>>37121245
lol youve never worked in a warehouse, I worked around conveyor belts that constantly shot 50-80 pound boxes at me and If I stopped for even a literal second there would be a pile up that would require atleast 3 more guys to help clean up on top of having to stop production. Warehouse work is constant moving and dodging 2 ton forklifts that that dont give a fuck if they hit you because they are probably overworked and dozing off. gdd your such a pussy. I hope you do get a warehouse job just so you get mangled. not too mention because summer is starting its likely to be 100+ degrees, your bitch ass will probably pass out on your first day is you dont walk out at lunch time.
>>
>>37121406
I do anon, I was a busboy for a dennys when I was 16 and they had me doing all sorts of shit.I stayed there for 3 months before I quit and it was only because I found a job with better pay, and I told my boss in person and gave a 1 week notice that I was quiting. you're just a bitch.
>>
>>37121378
>>37121378
The guy you're replying to isn't me, im OP

>good luck being a failure
>quitting an awful job where you are basically a slave and work 10 times harder than someone at another place that gets the same salary means that you're a failure

>quitting a job at 19 destroys your future
>cuz yeah, everyone plans on working minimum wage jobs at restaurants when they grow older
I'm sorry but I really can't see myself getting denied a job as an engineer because I quit working at some restaurant years ago.

and
>any job will make you hurt
>lazy neet body
just kill yourself, I work out regularly and I'm a pretty strong guy and this job is still exhausting

>>37121490
the fajitas plates I move around at work weigh more than your boxes at your warehouse
>>
>>37121245
actually its not slow paced, its very fast work that keeps you on your toes, because you can actually lose your toes if you arent careful. most warehouses only do 10-12 shifts too, so if you could barely last 7 hours in a kitchen, you wouldnt last long.
>>
>>37121583
*working out* and actually working are two different things anon. also Im a spic, I know how much fajita plates weigh. honestly cant comprehend why you just can't admit you fucked up. just makes you seem more spoiled the more you fight it,learn and move on. trust me when/if you make to 25 and learn to keep real jobs, you'll be cringing at how much a bitch you were here.
>>
>quits a restaurant
like seriously OP come on, just kys already if you cant even do something as simple that
>>
>>37121686
the stacks of iron fajita plates I have to move are actually heavy so I'm not making this up. I didn't fuck up, I had no idea what I was getting myself into and this guy took me in knowing I have 0 experience. I came in excited to work, I gave all I had and came home everyday tired as fuck and you and other fags in this thread come tell me I'm lazy because I want to quit. I know people in real life that come to work high and leave hours before they're supposed to and do nothing at all, and you come here telling me that I'm the lazy one. Maybe this job isn't for me but I'm not lazy because I really did try.
I'm not sure what you mean by when I make it to 25. I imagine myself at 25 getting an office job or something, not in a kitchen rushing my ass off while pajeet gives me a list of plates to make while he stands there doing nothing.
>>
>>37121243
This is why college exists.to never have to do bullshit like this.Op enroll in community college and get a student job there.if you have money get some IT certs and make bank.
>>
>>37121795
weeeellll your a lil bit a of a lazy bastard. I worked multiple restuarant jobs too so I know they are shit, I would of left too if I had the oppertunities at the time. just learn and move on. try going to a tradeschool or something so you can say you have an actuall skill, apply at gas stations or grocery stores. And listen to the warehouse anons, Ive never worked one but ive had friends who either got badly maimed on the job, sent to the hospital for exaustion and had suicidal thoughts because it really is slave labor.
>>
>>37121984
alright, thanks for the advice. I guess I am a bit lazy, but then again, who would want to work as a slave just to prove they're more hard working than others? I'd rather be a bit lazy and look for an easier job instead and make the same amount of money. Working hard here in this restaurant isn't gonna get me more money so why do it...
>>
>>37121795
Nailed it OP.fuck the 25 year old nigga working shit job at his age. Real niggas want that cushy 70k per year office job/IT.fuck retail and fast food.
>>
>>37122063
well the thing is, and i think this is where some anons are pissed at you, some people dont have much of a choice. Believe it or not, not everyone has people they can rely or fall back on, and they have to take what ever shitty job they can get. if they decide
>lol dis sucks by guise XD
then they are fucked. Cause sometimes it can take months to find a new job, and it only gets harder if you actually go homeless.
>>
>>37122155
that's true and thats unfortunate for them, but I don't need this job, I only took it so my parents would stop bugging me about it. Don't tell me that in my situation you wouldn't want to quit too if you could find something better
>>
>>37119818
Holy shit that thing is hideous
>>
>>37119818

You can just never show up again honestly. Don't expect them to pay you though, and don't expect to use them as a reference.

If you want your money though you'll either need two weeks or be very convincing as to why they should pay you when you're basically running out on them.
>>
>hey boss
kek, no need for greetings

>that whole second sentence
Could've done without it, it's irrelevant and makes the apology you did after that have no meaning at all.
>>
wow, op you are such a fucking pussy. and youve only proved it throught out this entire thread, hope your parents kick your ass out, maybe then youll grow some balls
>>
what a fucking nigger faggot
>>
>>37123195
wait wat? regardless of how he quit he still worked for a period and is therefore entitled to his pay. not really sure where you got that idea from
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.