[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your personal best no sleep record?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

What is your personal best no sleep record?
>>
>>37118817
3 matches of civ V
44h I think.
>started at afternoon. whole next day. finished third day afternoon
meh score I guess
>>
File: ghoulsnghosts.jpg (21KB, 390x266px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulsnghosts.jpg
21KB, 390x266px
I think it was around 5-7 days.
I got kicked out of my place and I was on the streets and I was too afraid to sleep because I didn't want to get beat up or robbed or arrested, so I just stayed awake. I lost track of how long I was awake after a few days but I remember I kept micro-sleeping a lot, where like, I'd fall asleep for a minute, then wake back up.
I can't remember for sure how long I was awake but 5-7 days sounds about right.

Towards the end, I was hallucinating big time. I remember at the end, before I finally fell asleep, I was really, really paranoid. I kept thinking that I should stay awake and that if i slept, then i would become less-aware of what's really happening.

It was night time and I kept seeing shadow creatures out-n-about, making faces at me, moving around, shape-shifting. It felt like I was experiencing a dream and reality at the same time. As if my reality was melding into a dreamworld. I kept hearing music that was playing from nowhere. I was audibly hallucinating music and sounds. I had a hallucination that I was sitting next to someone and they were talking to me, then I realized he wasn't even really there.
Hallucinations were a big part of it. It's weird because you forget that you haven't slept in a long time and you don't know why you feel like you're losing your mind and you think the hallucinations are real when they aren't.
I remember I hallucinated my jacket was shapeshifting and talking to my other jacket. I thought that a spirit had possessed my jacket.

By the time I finally went to sleep, I slept for a good 20 hours
>>
File: 1343980295910.jpg (14KB, 297x317px) Image search: [Google]
1343980295910.jpg
14KB, 297x317px
>>37118817
72h.
Then I tried to fry an USB hub in the kitchen.
After that I heard a loud voice in my left hear that said "JOHNSON IS BACK" and I got scared and went directly to sleep.
I don't even know a Johnson.
>>
>>37119437

I only managed to do around three days. Ended up seeing golden glittering things in the trees, like I was in Vietcong or some shit like that.
>>
>>37119102
Civ 6 kind of ruined civ for me, like I feel like I should be playing the new civ, but I just can't get into it.. even though I want to so much.. I think I might install civ 5 again and relive the nostalgic experiences
>>
>>37119108
pretty sure you were just drugged somehow
>>
I've been awake for 25 hours now. I think my record is like 36. How long do I need to be awake to experience hallucinations?
>>
>>37119512
Around 3 days is usually when you start to see the shadow people
>>
I've had a lot of good no-sleep records.

One of them was about 3 days when Dark Souls 1 was first released. I bought it, and literally didn't sleep for 3 days and just played it the whole time
>>
>>37119447
I think that's as far as I got too.
>be in high school
>interested in trying lsd
>don't know anyone who sells it
>somehow learned that sleep deprivation makes you hallucinate
>stay awake
>tired af but nothing visual for first two days
>lots of background auditory hallucinations
>interested to almost like I can hear people pointing and talking talking about me
>third day
>feel like a numb zombie
>dead tired
>in school
>paranoid af
>keep thinking that everyone is plotting something against me
>feel hated by every single person
>get home and sit on toilet
>towel patterns look wavy

I think that was about it.
Overall it was a pretty miserable experience that I hope to never recreate again.
>>
>>37119462
How would you know? Do you have a multiple day no sleep experience?
>>
>>37119563

Yeah it's an awful experience. Like a really shitty low-dose acid trip day 3 and onward. Day 1 you just feel awful. Day 2 is like 1 but with auditory shit. Day 4+ you start to lose your shit. Not fun IMO unless you're bored enough or have no choice.

My record is 5 days. I ended up falling asleep on a plate of spaghetti I made with chocolate sauce, mumbling about rattlesnakes on the floor while I saw the ground warping, kept hearing voices and music and started drooling and couldn't keep my eyes open.
>>
>>37119563

I was in the back seat of our car too and swear I could've felt it budge a little despite the fact we were completely parked and nothing could've moved it unless you pushed it from the back.
>>
>>37118817
7 days. Everything started to look fake, like it was all made to fool me
>>
>>37119866

That must've been like They Live
>>
File: IMG_0796.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0796.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
3 times in particular I remember:
>highschool
>summer vacation
>have Halo 1 LAN party at friends house
>he had a big tv in his room and another in basement
>we drag the one in his room to basement
>4 players on one tv, and 4 on the other
>we play nonstop for 38 hours
>fueled by pizza and pepsi
>CoD4 comes out
>play online for 33 hours nonstop
>stopped for 1 piss break
>didn't eat or drink
>elementary school
>ff7 comes out
>parents drive me to funcoland to get
>come home
>play for 39 hours straight (took snack breaks and piss breaks)
>>
File: 1458252093495.png (350KB, 388x365px) Image search: [Google]
1458252093495.png
350KB, 388x365px
>>37118817
Six and a half days
>>
>>37119910
Yeah I was really scared, I was sure I was gonna die.
>>
>>37119542
OMG! Yes! I've had that too, I know exactly that feel.
>>
4 days iv meth

took about a week to feel normal again
>>
>>37118817

Two days in a row (48hr+).
Holy shit! It hurted (took me like two whole days to recover and the first was spent in bed). Im not sure I could do it again. Thats when I still had a soul and some stamina during the early years of college.
>>
File: hqdefault2.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault2.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>37118817
2 and a half days, spent it thinking up the shining theories and playing San Andreas.

By the end I was seeing black shapes shooting past my vision.
>>
I got the AC series (up to AC:Rev) as a gift a few years ago. I played all of AC to AC:B in one sitting. 80 hours. I was having audio hallucinations towards the end of it.
>>
>>37120172
you're still hallucinating Desmond.
you have to wake up.
>>
>>37120214
Desmond is death process, same as the series. Thanks, Ubisoft.

AC: Syn was okay though
>>
27 hours. I think playing "Dragon Age: Origins" while I was an undergrad.

Comfiest sleep I had was after I got back from teaching English overseas. It was a series of lengthy flights from Tbilisi, Georgia back across the Atlantic to the States. Ate dinner at a cafe, got home, and slept my ass off for what was probably a good 16-17 hours.
>>
Probably 40h.
Pretty cool actually, like a light does of dramamine without the scary parts.
>>
48h

it was horrible
>>
>>37120240
I couldn't play past revelations because I missed Desmond so much.
Actually I'm lying, I finished AC3 and didn't enjoy it.
>>
some time ago i got "tortured" by a family i was living with and for four months i was only allowed to sleep 2 hours every day, i still feel fucked up and have these moving images and stuff like that
>>
>>37118817
4 days I kept hearing voices then I fell asleep in my chair and woke up 16 hours later
>>
>>37118817
3 days. I need my sleep.

I wish I could master different sleep habits like polyphasic sleep. I think I'm going to try.
>>
Just short of 72 hours. I know I spent the second night watching Season 2 of 24. Things got bad around 5AM that third night. I started seeing those shadow figures people here are talking about, but the worst was this fucking alarm sound I kept hallucinating. It sounded like a fire truck was down the street firing. All night. I remeber I wanted to make it through one more day to make 72 hours, but then my parents got me about some shit and I started getting all crazy aggresive. Decided to go to bed before I made a bigger mess. Slept for like 14 hours, ate a hotdog, and went back to bed for the night.
>>
>>37120668

I feel you man. Was at 6 days til I finally conked out.
>>
>>37120689
I just hate the amount of time I spent asleep. I think I could be way more productive if I didn't sleep so much. I can't even do 12-14 hours awake anymore it's bullshit. I tried to up my carbs to get more energy and caffeine just does jack shit for me.

There has to be a way to control this crap. I don't need 8-10 hours sleep a day.
>>
>>37119108
Omg I hope your situation is better now.
>>
>>37120003
>Thats when I still had a soul
Son you have to travel to the shadow world, fight the shadow people and reclaim your soul.
>>
During summer break back in High School, I got the game, 999, and played it from morning all the way until the next morning. This was years back when the game first released but I think it was the first time I was engrossed so much into a game.
>>
>>37118817
I think it was ~32 hours or something
>>
>>37120384
>i was only allowed to sleep 2 hours every day
How come? How did they stop you from sleeping? And why? Tell your story, anon.
>>
>>37120757
Yeah, it is. I ended up calling my parents and they let me live with them again
>>
>>37120893
I'm glad to heat that. Your story sounds quite horrible. Hope you regain your grip some day gain independence one day.
>>
Used to be a full blown insomniac. Longest I went was 5 days. Everything looked like a dream. A lot of hallucinations. Had an incredibly hard time understanding what people were saying, like they were speaking a different language.
Eventually passed out on the floor in my room and felt like hell after waking up
>>
>>37119108
>Back when FFIX came out
>Stayed up and played it for three days straight, started 4
>Started having minor hallucinations and shit
>>
>>37118817
3 days and I had hallucinations
>>
About two and a half days.

During the half day, I began hallucinating and I was on the train. I could barely maintain consciousness; it was an extremely disorientating experience.

I also kept thinking someone (or something) kept touching me. I've always believed that when we're sleep deprived, the part of our brain that keeps our ''normal reality'' in check shuts off and we're able to see things we shouldn't really see. Like maybe those shadowy people or objects we consider hallucinations aren't actually hallucinations, but things that shouldn't appear to us.

Perhaps when we're sleep deprived, they appear to us and we appear to them. It's bullshit to think about it, but it's interesting bullshit to me.
>>
File: 1445206954467.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445206954467.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
3 days just to see what it's like, started seeing faces in the walls and voices telling me there's something in my floorboards so I went ahead and slept for 24 hrs.

That's a trip by the way, going to sleep and waking up finding out you've skipped an entire day of your life.
>>
File: 1405374829457.jpg (179KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1405374829457.jpg
179KB, 633x758px
>>37121412
That's actually a pretty terrifying theory
>>
have not slept in 6 days ask me anything.
>>
>>37121470
It's a bit terrifying, but I think it's intriguing nonetheless.

I looked up some of the details regarding the Gardner experiment, but didn't find anything regarding if he was able to travel during his sleep deprivation. If so, I wonder how intense the hallucinations would've become.
>>
This guy stayed awake for 11 days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnf2YH2jms

Holy shit, his experience is interesting and the ending is hilarious, worth a watch
>>
>>37118817
About 5 days. No hallucinations. You'd think I'd have them but nope, nothing. I don't know why.

What I do get is into a terrible fucking mood. I can't process language, I can't talk. I often stumble and sometimes fall over when I try to walk or stand up.

But the worst is the physical pain. Everything in my body hurts, but I can actually tell my brain hurts worst of all.

I'm a chronic insomniac. The first 48 are nothing really, but it's amazing how horrible you feel after 72 hours. After 96 you just feel dead.
>>
>>37121412
>the shadow people can see you if you're deprived of sleep
>get spooked by this idea
>unable to sleep in result
>greater chance of them seeing you
good job brain
>>
I think a little bit under 72 hours. I started feeling like I was losing my mind towards the end. It was a little alarming. Maybe that makes me a lightweight when it comes to sleep deprivation, idk.

But I remember that I was fucking up my words all the time when I was talking to people. And like I'd forget I'd told somebody something and tell them it again. In my head, I couldn't think of the correct words for things. I remember thinking "sidewalk" instead of "intersection". I didn't hallucinate, but I remember at one point I ran a red light and that sent me into a full blown panic that was way more than what the situation warranted.
>>
>>37118817
20 days yes.. had to be put on meds, and talk to people
>>
>>37123210
Don't you die at a week?
>>
>>37123283
Most people will start micro sleeping after the first two days usually.
>>
>>37118817
I had an anxiety attack that kept me awake for 100 hours.
>>
>>37119108
Yup. This is what it's like. I was awake for 100 hours once.
>>
>>37118817
48. After that, I got ypochondric about my heart and went to sleep
>>
3 days when portal 2 came out, although I only played that for around 18 hours.
>play portal for 18 hours
>daytime so I can't sleep (had no curtains at the time)
>decide to just stay up until night
>night comes and I'm not tired
>play runescape all night
>morning comes and I'm still not tired
>runescape all day
>hallucinating a bit now
>go out and just walk for like 4 hours
>get home and vidya more
>whole body is aching and I'm in an alternate reality
>down half a bottle of whiskey and pass out
Only slept for 5 hours then woke up feeling refreshed and full of energy. Now I can barely stay up for 24 hours
>>
File: 1484484258455.png (76KB, 1324x733px) Image search: [Google]
1484484258455.png
76KB, 1324x733px
2 (too) days
>>
about 8 days.

felt like shit for an entire week afterward and I'm 80% sure I fucked up my brain permanently because of it.
>>
i literally didnt sleep for 9 days straight when my at the time gf died in a car accident
>>
>>37118817

For most of grad school, I was sleeping for 6 hours every other night. Awake for 42 hours, sleep for 6. Repeat for months at a time.

Eventually I had a mental breakdown, and turned into a robot.
>>
>>37118817
4 days, 3 nights. i got high off the sleep deprivation
>>
5 days. Was on a meth binge in high school.
>>
>>37118817
til Brooklyn
>>
File: 1342876225085.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1342876225085.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
about 4 days

I thought bugs were crawling all over me and I cried hysterically
fucking shadow people, voices and bugs
>>
File: crab.jpg (22KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
crab.jpg
22KB, 600x315px
>>37123733
hang yourself origamicallyy
>>
5 days. I blacked out and woke up to cops taking me to a psych ward.
>>
>>37124500
why did they take you? did someone call them
>>
>>37124436
your life is a pretty big meme, man
>>
>>37118817
8 days but I took about an Oz of speed, I couldn't eat or shit it truly was hell
>>
I've never made it past 36 hours without sleep. And that includes drinking energy drinks sporadically. Don't know how you fucks do it.
>>
>>37124436
Why ? Its just crytal meth man. Whats the big dealio
>>
when my insomnia was at its worst like a week of not sleeping, going to bed every night just lying there for hours... truly torturous.
>>
>>37124528
I freaked out and started fighting my parents. Apparently I called the police on myself which I think originally was for my brother cause I thought he got hurt. I vaguely remember what happened.
>>
In college I used to get too stressed to sleep during the exams period (4-5 days) and sometimes at other times

Hallucinations: the world is "too real" or "like a movie." It's really important to go to a certain place or obtain a certain thing. A friend or celebrity who's on my mind will cross my path repeatedly (when it's really just similar-looking strangers.) Creatures appear in peripheral vision.

Hard to tell which is sleep deprivation and which is too much coffee, but overall, like taking bad acid and I don't miss it.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.