[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I'm starting my new job tomorrow, a cashier at a grocery

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1468131970317.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1468131970317.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
Well, I'm starting my new job tomorrow, a cashier at a grocery store for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Wish me luck...
>>
A FT cashier? WTF
>>
>>37118103
Don't forget to make friends and smile!
>>
Think about the money and the opportunity to gain social/job skills. Invest your money into creating better opportunities instead of buying crap to numb the pain.
>>
>>37118103
Good luck, Anon. I'm about to work all day fixing AC units in the summer heat. It's gonna be hell.
>>
>>37118103
Remember to tip your manager the first day. Made themistake not to and it cost me big time.
>>
Cashier isn't too bad when it comes to the wageslave life anon. The days go by reasonably quick, working the cash machine is pretty easy, and you might get a smile from a cute girl or just generally see interesting people. There will be the occasional asshole/difficult costumer or non english speaker to deal with.

Also, your feet will hurt.
>>
>>37118103
haaha wagecuck, hows it feel to get it in the ass by shekelstein? but muh contributions right? dont be made wagie, as they say, another day another dollar.
>>
How the fuck do you get a job as a cashier if you're autistic?
I always sperg out talking to cashiers so I don't understand how you could do it.
Unless you're a normie of course.
>>
>>37118193
do you need to be good at math to be a cashier?
>>
>>37118238
Not really, the cash register does the maths for you. All you gotta do is punch in what notes the customer gives you and the machine will tell you the correct change.
>>
>>37118224

You just have to be able to engage in the most inane social interaction imaginable, you don't have to be personable or witty
>>
>>37118238
>>37118322
This Anon is right. I've encountered a few situations were I hit the button too early or had to open the till manually with a key and had to do the math. It's kind of stressful when someone is watching you count shit out slowly but it's best to just take your time in those moments.
>>
>tfw even autists on r9k can function better in real life than you

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME HOW DID IT COME TO THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: wageslave.jpg (79KB, 386x661px) Image search: [Google]
wageslave.jpg
79KB, 386x661px
Your first week is going to suck as you get the motion of the job, but after that it's very easy and you'll need to find ways to occupy your time. Pen-spinning is good for this, as is getting as skilled at your job as possible. Avoid watching the clock, since it makes the time pass slower. The other anon is right in that it does pass quickly, but don't let that ease you into becoming pic related. Find something to dedicate yourself to, like a goal or a hobby that slowly builds up. The job is really monotonous, and since you're on /r9k/, I can guarantee that you will come in sometimes feeling like utter shit, so it's really important you have a long-term goal to commit to.

>>37118238
>>
Switch to stocking ASAP
>>
>>37118103
you shoulda gotten a position at one of the back departments like bakery, deli, etc., you do the same shit for more pay and see about 10% of the customers
>>
File: pepe.jpg (30KB, 592x598px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
30KB, 592x598px
>>37118103
Oh fantastic, I'm about to goto the grocery store.

My only advice is "Don't speak unless your spoken to". Also, if you can't scan my 100 items in less than 4 minutes, I will be issuing a formal complaint to your manager and write a yelp review with your FULL first and last name.
>>
>>37118175
>think about the money
Yeah, I'm sure he's going to be showering in that 800$ paycheck
>>
If I was forced to either be a cashier or kill myself, I'd rather do the latter honestly. I've been a bagger before and that shit is so fucking boring. Being a cashier is less boring I would imagine but you have no time to yourself or to even think except when you are on your break. Fuck that.
>>
File: AvdolOVA.png (321KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
AvdolOVA.png
321KB, 500x585px
>>37118371
>>37118322
>>37118409
so what do I do if they use a credit/debit card? They do it themselves and I press a single button? How about them welfare coupon things?

Not OP btw
>>
>>37118700
What do you think training is for
>>
>>37118700
At my store, once you take their total, you press a button if they're using a card and they do the rest by themselves. Honestly every method is really damn easy, except for WIC, which I generally need help with (2 months in).
>>
>>37118700
Why have I been seeing this picture everywhere today?
>>
File: Avdolwithfood.png (94KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Avdolwithfood.png
94KB, 240x240px
>>37118734
>>37118744
Cleared up a lot of anxiety for me bros. I thought cashiering was a lot more spooky than it seems. Gonna apply to several places and become a wagie soon. Thanks my dudes.
>>37118775
You probably just see my comments because I avdol posted a lot today.
>>
>>37118826
Not going to lie, the first few days you will be super anxious. It's weird to handle other people's money, and you can feel the customers' stares bear down on you whenever you fold the receipt in a stupid way or fumble the change.

The upside is that that lasts for a week at most.
>>
File: 1495148433968.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495148433968.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>>37118900
>feel the costumer's stares bear down on you whenever tou fold the receipt

Good thing I'm a big guy.
>>
File: 1477194840245s.jpg (2KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1477194840245s.jpg
2KB, 125x100px
>>37118103
good luck anon im currently a bag boy while i try and get an IT cert and get my first IT job its pretty easy i am on the same scheduled you'll like the money
>>
>>37118103
>Cashier
>Full time
HOW YOU FUCKER!?
>>
>>37118989
>boss says im working part-time
>tell him I want full-time
>get full time

That easy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.