[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TEACH ME HOW TO GET A JOB WITH NO EXPERIENCE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
TEACH ME HOW TO GET A JOB WITH NO EXPERIENCE
>>
>>37105439
Go up to the manager and give him a firm handshake
>>
Intern or volunteer without pay part time for a few months and apply for entry level jobs and use your volunteer place as a reference.

Or just apply to government jobs.
>>
There's plenty of jobs like that but they're absolute shit tier.

t. zero experience worker at a shitty factory job
>>
>>37105439
Hire yourself
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (111KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
111KB, 800x764px
>>37105460
I have nothing to put on my resume
>>37105471
Even internships with no pay want experience and references
I've got a 3.6 GPA. That's all. No skills besides being able to type 90 WPM.
>gov job with no experience
Is this real?
>>
>>37105509

Ya, try government jobs. Only private sector jobs want a cuck load of experience.
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>>37105497
I need money to not be homeless.
>>
>>37105509
I'm a highschool dropout, how do you think I'll feel? If I don't get a job soon, I'll kill myself.
>>
>find job listing
>accept

It's really not had. Even ragies are able to get jobs.
>>
>>37105537
I don't even have my degree yet until 13 months later. Will they take a retarded econ major that has done absolutely nothing in life for the past 20 years?
>>
>>37105564

No you need a degree. That's probably why you're getting denied. Why are you applying without a degree lmao
>>
>>37105546
Yes, but your mom will probably still take you in. If I go back to mom she will think I'm a loser and yell at me every single day.
>>
>>37105509
>I have nothing to put on my resume
It does not matter, just walk into the office of the boss, tell him you are looking to get hired and give him a firm handshake.
>>
>>37105439
Walk into any place of work. Ask to see the manager. Tell them that yo know they are busy so you will keep it short. Then say
>I will work for 1 week for free if you will provide a reference for me at they end.

Work for 1 month and you have 4 references, and 1 months worth of experience.
Equally you can ask for the job if you see they are looking to employ and tell them you will work a week for free, if they like you then he/she can text you on the last day to say for you to come in, if you get no text then you will go somewhere else.
I used this method and still use this method for some months where my full time job won't cover the cost of my addictions.
>>
>>37105580
1) cause I need job experience before I graduate or I'm fucked, all I got is a piece of paper that says I'm a retard in debt
2) cause I need to pay rent
>>37105591
would you hire me if I gave you a firm handshake?
>>
>>37105592
also work a harder than you normally would during this period of time, since your compensation is "experience" and a good word
>>
>>37105471
>Intern or volunteer
>government jobs
All of these require experience in my city. Why you need experience to work for free baffles me.
>>
>>37105611
Do people still ask for references? Should I put them on my resume or just keep them handy.
>>
>>37105603
Only if you are wearing a suit.
>>
>>37105630
I have the line
>References available upon request.

And yes references are still asked for, but if you are unable to get any, and you have good reasons then they will let them slide.
>>
If you want to work in IT, just join an internship
>>
>>37105630
Get their contact info, put it on a card somewhere, and when applying for jobs let them know before hand that they may get contacted. Don't put it on a resume, print out a sheet of references, saying name job title, company of the person and print them out and bring them with you to the interview. If they ask for references you can slide it across the table, if they don't just leave it in your pocket/ folder.
>>
Jfc I need to move out of my parents house
>>
>>37105580

Don't be an ass. Everyone know if you don't have a job before you graduate you never will get one in the desired field. If you wait until after the degree employers are able to tell you're a lazy shit who won't be a good fit. I always laugh my ass off at fags who never bothered to interview and network until it was too late. Go to any >fell for the STEM meme thread and ask when they started applying.
>>
>>37105789
>tfw this is the truth
I didn't even think it was possible to do during uni.
>>
>>37105789
How do I get a job? pls help friend
>>
>>37105439
I need more details to be able to answer this. Age, living situation (rent, parents, wife, kid?),education level, what region you live in (ex: Agricultural jobs in Arizona would be rare), city or rural, etc. Go take a 16-personalities test while your at it.

:( not enough data points.
>>
File: ftk.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ftk.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>37105439
prostitution
use that boy pussy
>>
>>37106023
Well I'm now guilty of over thinking this.
>>
>>37105509
If this is USA , then government job infiltration only applies to affirmative action employers trying to fill a quota. For higher skilled management there is a trick employed where they make requirements so tough that few can meet the qualifications. Since they have no qualified candidates, they proceed to dumb down the requirements. It just so happens that the dumb it down toward the person they like and re-interview.
>>
>>37105592
Nowhere in America can you work a week for free. Literally impossible.
>>
>>37105439
Lie, I did it first time to gain real experience

But you should be quick witted
>>
>>37106345
This is true. The paperwork and training burden makes it so they have to be able to employ the individual for a set time to get their investment back. Charities maybe?
>>
>>37106394
what do you lie about?
>>
>>37106440
I lied about having an experience and faked a recommandation letter and everything, from adress to google search

The secret to make it 100% believable, is to take the upper voice in the conversation, think that you're too good for this job and believe your lie.
>>
i just finished my sophomore year in college

how do i get a government job? isnt that for educated people
>>
>>37105439
Forklift driver or pizza delivery
>>
>>37106525
OK, now I have more data points. I was in your situation. And, What I did was.........Stop going to school. I got a job in a related field. For example, if you are a sophomore in engineering, you have enough skill to be a draftsman, or someone that makes 2D or 3D drawing for machinists. In summer all these people get swamped. If you are business, take up a job managing a gas station, paint Store etc. for the duration that people expect for experience these days. Try to work one year at each. Focus on places that get swamped in summer.
>>
>>37105439
>volunteer for a bit
>start applying at Walmart or whatever
>>
>>37106642
In addition to this post. Don't knock up any chicks or get knocked up! You might be staying at that job if this happens.
>>
File: 1494903567292.jpg (539KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1494903567292.jpg
539KB, 1280x1707px
buy a suit
go into any business you want
ask for the manager
look him straight in the eye
give him a firm handshake
demand a job

works every time
>>
File: a85085095a93074523f346a3eb7a05b2.jpg (70KB, 1631x1571px) Image search: [Google]
a85085095a93074523f346a3eb7a05b2.jpg
70KB, 1631x1571px
GUYS I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW
>>
>>37105439
Grocery stores will usually take people with no prior experience, especially if you have a big one in your area.

Also, this is just my personal experience but worth sharing if you have a baseball stadium nearby:
>get interview to work as a waiter for the expensive seats at baseball games in my city
>when I show up boss says "im actually not gonna interview you or look at your resume. You got the job, fill out this paperwork"
>weird
>Find out baseball stadiums (especially the kitchens) are employed by 90% ex-cons and poor college students
>extremely high turnover rate because of this
>in two years half a dozen coworkers have been fired for stealing, a couple for having violent mental breakdowns
>coworkers sometimes beat each other's asses after work
>one guy even punched a customer in the face
>Stick with it because with tip $25/hour to watch baseball and eat kitchen food
>And I kinda like the chaos

worth contacting if you can commute to a baseball stadium. Really good pay and no prior experience needed if other stadiums are as desperate as mine.

>>37105615
Uh because if you just take anyone and they're a fucking dumbass it could easily cost you money.
>>
>>37105789
There is much condescending truth here. If I were able to do this back when I was going to school, this is the way I would have done it. It is clearly less of an up hill fight from what I came up with.
>>
>>37106394
Adding on to this
>aunt ran away from home at 15-16
>wanted to work at high-end jewelry/clothing store chain she liked
>had to be at least 18 to do grunt work
>lied about age, even said she was the niece of a higher up
>became manager at fucking 16
>one day the guy she lied about comes in and sees she's doing a good job
>gives her a hug and agrees to continue the niece charade

Lying sometimes really helps.
>>
File: SillyWagies.jpg (61KB, 601x503px) Image search: [Google]
SillyWagies.jpg
61KB, 601x503px
>>37105439
Don't forget to sign the SWEAT pledge when you finally get your job at McDonalds!

Oh, wagecucks. When will they ever learn?
>>
Lower your fucking standards. Walk up to a construction site full of greasy Mexicans and say "I'm looking for work" and the one guy that speaks English will introduce you to the manager, and tell you to be at the job site at 7 AM with work boots. Then go to Goodwill and get some boots and get prepared to sweat hard for $10 an hour.
>>
>>37107200
yeah this works
>>
tell me 1 (one) good reason that I shouldn't lie on my resume
>>
My job requires a 4-year degree and 3 - 5 years experience. I have a 2-year degree and 1 year of experience.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.