[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure any good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: thinking in 3d.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
thinking in 3d.gif
613KB, 498x498px
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure any good?
>>
File: 1471739737972.png (245KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471739737972.png
245KB, 287x400px
No. Sword art online is the supreme anime

>people will unironically deny this
>>
File: 1494988461354.png (116KB, 341x310px) Image search: [Google]
1494988461354.png
116KB, 341x310px
>>37097110
I prefer parts 1 & 2 over the rest of the series but yeah
>>
File: IMG_0125.jpg (51KB, 355x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
51KB, 355x392px
>>37097110
Fuck yeah it is. It's difficult once you get sucked in though, the meme database is fucking massive.

It has these things going for it:
>Well thought out fights
It's like chess matches but with more punching.
>interesting characters
The Jojos themselves are pretty great, but man Araki knows how to build up a supporting cast.
>Lively settings
It's a globehopping series, gives it a lot of charm.
>Dio
DIO

>>37097202
You don't like [S T A N D S]?
>>
>>37097238
[ S T A N D S] Are alright I just like hammon more
>>
>>37097295
I totally agree, I feel like Stands are a bit too one note, at least so far in Part 3. I loved the first half of Part 1 but then it got boring, and all of Part 2 was fantastic. I'm halfway through Part 3 but it's starting to feel a bit flat. I hear I should just watch the shortened version.
>>
Yup, it's good, it's just the fandom that's terrible.
Parts 4 and 7 seem to be the best in most people's opinion.
>>
>>37097110
Part 1 is entertaining. Part 2 is fucking amazing. Fucking AMAZING. 3 is mediocre. Everything else was really disappointing or just straight garbage. This is my opinion though. Give it a chance, you might like it.
>>
File: IMG_1850.png (451KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.png
451KB, 499x499px
What anime will give me the most intense case of autism the fastest?

I'm talking the worst case of it the world has ever seen, cannot hold normal conversations, buying all the merchandise, getting into hour long flame wars on forums about tiny details autism here.
>>
Part three is a bit of a grind but the characters are enjoyable enough to keep you on it. Part 2 and 4 are both really good. Definitely worth the watch.
>>
>>37097328
Evangelion, easy
>>
File: 1489640143942.jpg (306KB, 1235x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1489640143942.jpg
306KB, 1235x1600px
who /part6/ here
>>
>>37097328
It really depends. There are a lot of different shows for different people. And what may give someone the "autism" you're describing, may not give it to someone else. If you really want some recommendations, could you tell what kind of stuff you may find interesting?
>>
Part 7 was excellent tbqh.
Part 6 fell apart after they left the prison,and it has a pretty meh ending.
>>
>>37097320
They get better in Part 4, imo. 3, Araki's still figuring it out so he just crams as many ideas as he can think of to fill in. The entire arc of Stand Users leading up to DIO in Egypt feels a little unnecessary.

I need to start reading the Manga, apparently shit gets real during Steel Ball Run and I can't survive off hype for Vento Aureo being animated alone.

Also OP, I definitely recommend Super Eyepatch Wolf's videos on Jojos. They got me into it in the first place.

https://youtu.be/lgIuhkG63_s
https://youtu.be/SJTbNiFcbzg
https://youtu.be/ZDeyXHpe428
>>
>>37097453
That's almost 1.5 hours of explanation when you could just watch 3 episodes of Jojo instead and get an idea of if you'll like it and have time left over.
>>
>>37097110
I watched pt 3. for the first time bc of the memes and when I found out its the 3rd I was finished with it. pt 1 & 2 is good but 3 is superior.

I only read and watched the first half of pt 4. which is also good.

Jojo series are awesome.
>>
>>37097948
This is true. I'm a slut for video essays though, when done well they're fascinating little breakdowns.
>>
>>37097110
If you want a shounen that is so ironically bad it becomes good, yeah. If you take the show at face value it sucks, but it's well aware of how absurdly retarded it is and expects you to key in on it.
>>
File: isu.jpg (19KB, 540x456px) Image search: [Google]
isu.jpg
19KB, 540x456px
>>37097110
yes but the fanbase is fucking terrible
>>
>>37098224
>Shitty Jokes = Terrible Fandom.

Have you seen the: Undertale, Homestuck, My Little Pony, Sonic The Hedgehog, FNAF, and Minecraft Fandoms?
>>
>>37097373
Part 7 or gtfo
>>
Do you know when people tell you that you must watch anime X because its unique and cool? Yea imagine that but that it actually is true.

Wait. Is this thread a jojo reference?
>>
>>37097110
it's a real shame it got so popular and turned into a huge meme because its actually a really fun read.

the art, outfits, powers and situations are just so bizarre and ridiculous you can't help but have a good time with it
>>
>>37098259
>Homestuck
Fucking war flashbacks man, you're bringing me back to the Con days of yore.

So much fucking grey bodypaint
>>
File: 1278644645474.jpg (27KB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
1278644645474.jpg
27KB, 450x342px
>Heard about Jojo for years
>think "meh"
>last week anon posted a thread here on r9k
>give it a try
>liked season 1
>loved season 2 and the Pillar Men
>Season 3 was too long and tedious, some of these stands concepts sound cool but most only last a brief episode and are easily defeated by the gang when they're not being comically retarded about their stand and their powers with them
>season 3 would have been better if it skipped from when Polnareff joined the gang and went straight to the final fight
>that final fight was amazing though, too bad the rest of the season was like that
>saw 2 episodes of season 4 and didn't care for it so I stopped watching

Are they coming out with an anime for season 5?
>>
File: IMG_8661.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8661.png
48KB, 924x560px
Pretty damn good but the fanbase is retarded. I wish I could talk and theorize with normal fucking humans that didn't autistically screech their obsessive love for something whenever even the smallest mention of that thing is said, but also aren't complete fucking snobs who denounce anything that isn't a secret club anymore.

I want to divulge in my autistic hobbies with others but I just can't. Feels bad.

Part 2 is my favorite.
>>
>>37098574
They should be.

First they're doing an OVA for a side character from part 4. Fuck knows why.
>>
>>37097110
Yes, watch the anime and read the manga.

It's a very unique concept all throughout, especially part 3 onwards.
>>
It's brilliant and retarded at the same time. But that makes it so much fun.

As for me, I really got into JoJo in Part 3 and the Stands get progressively more creative in later episodes and in next parts. I must say that after getting into JoJo in Part 3, it made me appreciate the first part, which I considered meh, a lot more.

Another good thing is that JoJo even in the latest part is very much enjoyable and some would argue it only gets better in each part. So go ahead and watch anime and read the rest of JoJo.
>>
>>37097110
watch part 1 and 2, the rest are trash
>>
Fucking part 7 is the best
Fuck all of u part 2 anime only fags
>>
File: mangavsanime.png (429KB, 760x609px) Image search: [Google]
mangavsanime.png
429KB, 760x609px
All of it is great, my favorite parts are 4 and 5. Be sure to read the manga for part 3 and onward though. The anime adaptation for those are pretty bad.
>>
>>37097110
Yes. It's great. Parts 4 and 7 are the best parts but it's all fantastic. It's the only anime/manga I unironically watch/read
>>
>>37097110
Pretty much deserves all the hype it gets, but the fanbase is cancer.
>>
>>37101727
Part 4's anime is good, except for the small bits where budget cuts make the animation bad.

Part 3's anime is good besides how they made the Sun unbearable to sit through.
>>
>>37101763
I never really had a problem with the fanbase, as long as you ignore anime only fags. The anime only people think that literal decade old jokes are funny again because they just saw them.
>>
>>37098574
Give Part 4 more of a chance. It starts off a bit slow, but gets really good.
>>
>>37101770
I disagree, part 3's anime has bad pacing in many areas, not just the Sun fight. It also completely butchered DIO's World with mostly mediocre animation, overusing the bland orchestral DIO theme, removing the iconic sidewalk panel, and removing DIO's iconic "checkmate" line. The art in general just isn't as good as the manga, It lacks a lot of the weight and dynamism it had.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.