[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that any smartphone over $400 isn't worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: blackberry-mercury-8001.jpg (70KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-mercury-8001.jpg
70KB, 800x500px
Is it true that any smartphone over $400 isn't worth it?
>>
I believe so, yes. You can buy a new Iphone 5S for $100 and pay $35/mo for unlimited everything. I always wondered why normies spend $700 on the new Galaxy or Iphone just to pay $80 inflated cell bills each month.

If you want to go even cheaper their are Android phones for less than fifty bucks, I know /g/ loves their Chinese Androids (that are surprisingly competent from what I've heard.)
>>
I bought a 4th gen Moto G and does absolutely everything you could ask for, cost me $200.
>>
>>37093289
What are these chinese android phones?
>>
>>37093379
google.com my nigga
>>
>>37093234
I got an asus zenphone 3 on amazon for 250. It works pretty good, granted i mostly got it for the aesthetic design and I do get allot of looks when I pull it out.
>>
>>37093379
/g/ has a thread on it right now, though no one's responded yet. >>60454709 I'm honestly not sure why they prefer chinkphones to just normal cheap android phones, I'd imagine chink means better tech for less money but from the specs listed on this wiki it seems same as US. I'm guessing the wiki is outdated. https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones
>>
I use a galaxy s5. I bought it brand new for $200 last year. I'll eventually upgrade it because I actually have a job now but there's nothing wrong with a cheap phone. Just don't be a dumbass. Research before you buy something. If you want to root make sure not just your phone but your specific variant of it (each carrier like at&t, Verizon, etc has their own) allows for that.

What I truly hate about my phone is the 16gb of space. I have a 128gb sd card but you can only move some apps to it. You're also forced to move the apps manually every time you update them. Super fucking annoying. That's why after I get a car and an air conditioner a phone is on the list.
>>
File: 61rIzLpgMgL._SL1000_.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61rIzLpgMgL._SL1000_.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>37093289
I got a Chinkphone for 140 quid.
Works perfect.

>Splashproof & Dustproof. Oukitel K6000 Pro is splashproof and dustproof with IP64 certification. Don't fear a little water splash or dirt, K6000 pro got you back.
>High quality music enjoyment. K6000 Pro comes with Sixth generation Class K Audio Amplifier. AWB736, which features high efficiency, ultra-low distortion, constant large volume.
>Android 6.0 System which provides more convenient using experience and personal customization. Fingerprint ID allows you to unlock the phone in black screen as well as control APP permissions.
>6000mAh Big battery. We value long battery life as one of the key must-have features of smartphones nowadays, so does the safety. SCUD Li-po batteries are strictly tested and it's the best battery supplier in China.
>3GB RAM + 32GB ROM. MTK6753 Octa-core Chipset and 3GB LPDDR3 high-speed RAM could easily handle heavy apps and big games. Processing multi-tasks at the same time has no pressure. 32GB storage allows you to save.
>>
They all can do the same thing.

You play apps, watch video, talk to ppl, brows the net, take pics and movies.

What can the new iPhone do that the new galaxy or whatever can't ?
>>
>>37093469
>I have a 128gb sd card but you can only move some apps to it. You're also forced to move the apps manually every time you update them. Super fucking annoying.
To this day, my mind will always be boggled at how Android features no easy way to permanently set downloads to SD cards only. It's be massively easier to just check a box "only download apps/files to SD card" and be done with it. Fuck moving apps individually.
>>
>>37093524
That's a sexy phone. What service do you use?
>>
>>37093469
What car you got your eyes on anon?
>>
>>37093545
I fully agree with you. I keep all the big shit like pictures, videos, music on the SD card and I also move apps like Firefox and Viber to the SD card.

Also for anyone considering this don't ever put Facebook on your SD card. It won't stay logged in and you won't get your notifications.
>>
>>37093613
Probably a Chevy Impala. It's cheap enough for a used one and I like the look. I already have $800 saved.
>>
>>37093469
i feel your pain anon. I bought a phone last year and was basically lied to, the sign said it came with 64gb of storage, but it turnsout that the actual fucking phone only came with 12gbs and they were trying to get to buy a sd card with it.
>5gb is used up by the fucking os and uninstallable bloat ware
unfortunatly my previous phone was stolen, no choice as it was the cheapest they had.didnt have enough for the sd card that they tryed to trick me into getting, so I just bought the base phone and ordered a 5 dollar sd card on amazon,
>>
I wanna get the new OnePlus 3T (Chinese enthusiast brand). It has excellent specs but sadly no microSD slot. It's $479 which is a little less than all smartphones in the god tier but some people say the 5 will be released soon so I'm just gonna wait.
>>
>>37093234
nah

I'm using the S8 right now and it's a fucking beautiful phone 2bh

I guess if you don't care about aesthetics it doesn't matter but I do. so anything less than the best is unappealing to me
>>
>>37093234

I just don't bother with any smartphone really, it's paying another company for your own vanity and you get nothing out of it. Anything you can do on a phone now you can do on a computer, so pretty much fuck all considering one option is free.
>>
>>37093702
What year impala?
Ever thought of financing a car?
I recently got a 2015 Honda civic coupe. I like it.
>>
>>37093702
like an old one, or a recent one? Asking cause I like buying and flipping classic impalas.
>>
>>37093797
yeah, the only reason I still use my phone is because the few friends i have only like communicating through Texting and no other apps. otherwise Id just get a cheapass flip phone from the drug store with a15 dollar plan and be done with it.
>>
>>37093799
>>37093801
Probably one from the early 00s. Financing is probably a bad idea for me for now at least. I just started working after 10 years of NEETdom. Need to build some credit and spend lots of money on fixing up my house. Getting a car is important so I can work anywhere I want without getting rides from my sister. My dad seems to be fine working on most GM vehicles so I have the added bonus of free repairs.

In the future owning some classics would be nice. It would help if I had a better place to put them.
>>
I don't even pay for my cell phone service now. I tried to port my number from straight talk to cricket and the morons fucked it all up. Somehow now my straight talk sim has service even though I didn't pay my bill for almost two months now. When I use their app it just says disabled. I am afraid to reach my usual 5gb data cap cause I'm worried maybe it's not going to act like a monthly thing anymore but my LTE and everything still works fine.
>>
>>37093234
>buy 100usd phone
>adobe reader
>basic gaems
>doesn't get stuck
>can read all the fucking day
>normies spend months of their salaries on devices with more potential than they'll ever use
>>
>>37093416

>google Chinese Android
>end up with a smartphone that isn't compatible with AT&T
>>
What's a very user friendly smartphone?

>can customize alarm/notification/call/text sound with ease
>using a SD card is simple
>camera button
>more than one button (not an i-phone)
>close all apps with ease
>touchscreen keyboard isn't a hassle to use
>battery life longer than 4 hours (battery doesn't easily drain from phonecalls/texts)
>decent quality audio
>nice camera
>no need for a Flashlight app
>can adjust to fit whatever situation
>>
>>37093234
I have the Moto X 2nd gen. It's two years old but still great, I'd be happy if it lasts another year and buy the newest Moto for around $300
>>
>>37093234
I can't imagine spending more than $200 on a smartphone. Literally why?
>>
>>37093234
Check out the OnePlus 3T or soon to come out OnePlus 5
>>
>>37094520
Huawei gr3.
>>
>>37093234
Spending $800 on a smartphone is for retarded normie faggots.
>>
>>37094520
>more than one button (not an i-phone)

I'm mad how less and less phones have physical buttons on the bottom, especially when they clearly have enough space to put them there.
>>
>>37095067

I miss physical buttons. There should be a way to navigate a menu or browser when touch screen isn't working properly.
>>
>be iphone
>press button once to select
>press twice to check which apps are open
>hold button for voice command
>>
>>37093379
>>37093289
Chinese phones are surprisingly good. The Hauwei P9 is in the $400 range and has many useful features that Samsungs/Appleshits don't have.
>>
>>37095965

Just make sure it's compatible with your phone service because a lot of International phones only work with prepaid cards.
>>
>>37093781
Same because I constantly use my phone and having a nice one is a good luxury purchase for me.

I returned my s8+ for a plain s8 because it feels better in hand in my opinion. Be sure to run some code through it so it's in immersive mode all the time. Awesome phone
>>
>>37095930
What can iphones do that far cheaper phones can't do?
>>
Depends on what you do with it.

If you're just using it to listen to music, watch videos, browse, normal shit then no it's not worth it. You can get a decent fast 1080p screen phone for under $200.

If you want to game, it's the same concept as gaming PCs. Better hardware plays better.
>>
>>37096123

Be compatible with almost every app and phone service. Every phone accessory is made for iphones.
>>
>>37096387
Yet it lags so far behind in multimedia support.
>>
>>37093234
Yep.
I bought a Nexus 5X last year for $200 and it does everything perfectly fine. It wasn't even the flagship Project Fi phone at the time and there's still no reason to spend extra on a Pixel except for some software gimmicks I'll probably get in an update in two to three months.
Also pic related
>>
I'm looking at buying a new one as my Xperia Z3 is old and (literally) busted. I was thinking the Sony XZ but it's 900 dollarydoos.

What's the tech support like for Chinese phones? That's my main hesitation in considering purchasing one.
>>
I just wanted a cheaper phone with a great camera.
>>
>>37093738
did you try flashing at least an unlocked version of the os to it to remove bloat?
>>
>>37096387
>Be compatible with almost every app and phone service
I've used android all the time and never once came across a compatibility issue.
>>
>>37093289
>>37093379

I just bought a Xaoimi Redmi Note 4 at $250 bucks.
Its a pretty damn good phone that makes the western smartphones, like the iphone and samsung galaxies, look like shit.
The screens are pretty damn good, the internal specs are pretty good as well. If your looking at buying one just make sure that the mobile bands are supported for your carrier and it has a global ROM with all languages, the chinese roms come with english but some of it is pretty badly translated from what i have seen. The phone comes with some bloatware but you can uninstall most if not all of it, unlike the western competitors.

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php

Thats the phone i bought.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.