[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was better in 1999.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: 1999.jpg (500KB, 1745x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1999.jpg
500KB, 1745x1231px
It was better in 1999.
>>
>>37089889
In 1999 "nerd" meant "nerd". Today it means "hot guy in glasses who plays videogames"
>>
>>37090051
YOU SOUND LIKE SUCH A CLUCK BITCH NICE GUY GO BACK TO REEDIT GOOBER LMAO

foood oregano
>>
OFF WHITE COMPUTER ACCESORIES AND DUAL TAPE STEREOS ARE TRIGGERING MY NOSTALGIA AND MAKING ME REGRET THE LOSS OF MY YOUTH
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37089889

>90% of the nu-4chan PRAISES KEK WAGIE posters were crawling around in diapers or weren't even born yet

>4chan didn't even exist yet

>I didn't have the internet at home

>Robots could mingle with failed normies and cyborgs through nu-metal and mallgoth and pop-punk crowds

Yeah, it was.
>>
>>37089889
Let me guess, this is a reddit/Facebook meme that recently became popular and you decided to repost it
>>
>>37090186
>>Robots could mingle with failed normies and cyborgs through nu-metal and mallgoth and pop-punk crowds

This is what I miss the most
>>
File: windows_98.gif (931KB, 900x530px) Image search: [Google]
windows_98.gif
931KB, 900x530px
Turn back time, I don't care. But I don't want the 90's hardware drivers back!
>>
>>37090303
For sure.

It's easy to look back now, or for 20 year olds that weren't even really aware yet back then, and go WOW CRINGE MARILYN MANSON EPIC FAIL BLINK 182 MORE LIKE GAY FAG 182

but the fact that there was several mainstream alternative cultures gave a social "home" to all but the most completely fucked up kids.

I find it really unfortunate that there's no mainstream alternative culture anymore. It's just kids repeating echos of the 70s and 80s and 90s shit even the early-mid 2000s.

I'm sure there's some 13 year old kid now who's only just discovering 2007-era My Chemical Romance and he or she thinks it's the raddest thing ever. Like it's The Sex Pistols or Black Sabbath or Slayer for him or her.
>>
>>37089889
>pizzafaced freshman in HS
>no friends
>bunch of other fuck awful shit I don't want to remember
Uh, no, not really
>>
File: IMG_1498.jpg (82KB, 537x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1498.jpg
82KB, 537x576px
>>37089889
I remember visiting Suncoast videos, swap meets, hobby stores and Best Buy to find anime video tapes and DVDs. I don't think Anime fans now understand the struggle of how hard it was to get anime, even in a big city. Also getting bootleg fansub shit with terrible quality happened often.
>>
Britfag here. Back in '94 I knew by name everybody in my area with a domestic dial-up & had been to the pub with most of them.
>>
>>37090781
>DVDs

Damn, I remember VHS tapes still being the norm up until the early 2000s, like 2003. Then again I never went to blockbuster or anything just out local video stores. Those were a thing back then.

I still have some VHS movies like The Ring, which makes it extra spooky since it's a movie about cursed VHS tape and it features that whole sequence before the movie starts.

But yeah the only anime I was exposed to back then was Pokemon, Digimon, and also French Dragon Ball Z on TV.
>>
File: 1490494431761.png (23KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490494431761.png
23KB, 140x160px
>>37089889
> better economy, probably not a NEET
> off-white computers have a nice aesthetic and computers looked like computers
> computer boxes were awesome and huge
> the Internet wasn't ruined by corporate interests and had all sorts of webpages run by actual dedicated fans instead of wikis run by tyrants and autists
> computer games had giant boxes
> Macs were actually cooler computers and its fanbase wasn't overrun by hipsters
> Nintendo 64, PS1, and Dreamcast

Not bad.
>>
>>37090303
>>37090431
I wasn't ready for these feels.
Makes me think back to middle school and first year of high school when the goth kids would let me sit with them at lunch, I thought they were so cool.
>>
fuck, i need a time machine NOW
>>
>>37089889
fuck you you only remember th bettern shit
>>
File: 1395792445738.jpg (116KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1395792445738.jpg
116KB, 406x364px
>>37091274
>games came with a lovingly crafted manual detailing lore, skills, characters, maps and artwork
>everything today is digital download or a 3 page manual withnothing but safety warnings and copyright
>>
>>37091307
I wasn't able/allowed to be full alternative until my first year of college, our high school had a strict dress code that was all over that nu-metal shit so it banned make-up on guys, spike bracelets, ripped clothes, vulgarity/profanities, unnatural hair colors, etc.

I would sometimes wear like a Static-X or Mushrooomhead t-shirt underneath a zip-up hoodie and have it show off a bit. otherwise I was just another kid in those swetpants that have buttons all along the side so you can get naked in a flash.

I don't know why those were a thing back then. We would all just rip each other's pants off no homo.
>>
Where can I get an old-school Doom poster?
>>
>>37091915
>>37091274

Hell even console games back then came with a small book's worth of lore and strategies and a few blank lined pages that no one ever wrote any notes in even though that was the purpose.

It makes retro game collecting a real hassle. Especially NES/SNES games that came in flimsy paper boxes and were thrown out within a few months.
>>
File: 1495018769495.png (200KB, 1206x674px) Image search: [Google]
1495018769495.png
200KB, 1206x674px
>>37090397
That feel when extracting all of the .cab files from a windows 95 CD to individual 1.44MB floppy discs and loading them one by one on a laptop lacking a CD-ROM because you dropped out of high school due to anxiety/depression and took the first tech job you could because your autism brand made you a natural fit for the job at 9pm on July 4th while fireworks and festivities are clearly taking place outside.

>I'm 18 again
>felt.bmp

I hope you don't mind me saving this image.
>>
File: speedtest Google Search.png (30KB, 423x619px) Image search: [Google]
speedtest Google Search.png
30KB, 423x619px
>>37089889
I had 28.8k internet and had to log off to make a phone call.

No, it was not better.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.