[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While impeachment proceedings are looking to start happening

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: president-trump.jpg (1MB, 2048x2560px) Image search: [Google]
president-trump.jpg
1MB, 2048x2560px
While impeachment proceedings are looking to start happening (inb4fakenews), his actual removal from office won't.

Impeachments are an EXTREMELY difficult and lengthy process. The presidents who have been impeached before, Clinton and Johnson, were acquitted by congress in the end. The only president who was, honest-to-god, actually going to be removed, Nixon, resigned before they got the chance. So while Trump being impeached at this point is now very likely, thanks to his Russian collusion and revealing classified information from a foreign ally (Israel -- funnily enough), his chances of actually being removed from office are still very low.

Now that we got that out of the way, what are his prospects of winning in the 2020 elections? The shit I just typed above, the entire country turning against him, the massive protests his inauguration have sparked, his support base long been dwindling, &c. He doesn't really have a chance.
>>
>>37088229
If this type of media storm and white house drama/mistakes keeps up until 2020 he will not only lose, but probably be challenged by a primary opponent. The GOP, like them or hate them, will get wrecked in 2020 (2018 has a favourable electoral map so they are probably okay for that election cycle)
>>
>>37088229
You do realize that LEGALLY he can do that right? Its by no means a good idea but he can LEGALLY do it, you fucking shill
>>
>>37088279
Indeed.
And classified rarely means important.
Everything is basically classified.
He probably just showed them spots where terrorists are.
>>
>>37088229
Seriously, impeachment? Isn't this just Shillary supporters masturbating to WaPo articles?

I haven't read the papers for the last 8 hours but it didn't seem that nuclear last I checked.
>>
File: TrumpFiresComey.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpFiresComey.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>37088229
Adding to all of that, he fired Comey to cover the fact that he pressured him to drop the investigation

I'm betting that the airhead might actually be successfully impeached
>>
>>37088279
Well, yeah. By definition, once a president reveals classified information, even by slip-of-the-tongue, it's automatically declassified.

But if you have an entire congress AND country feeling that the president is unfit for the job, which -- by the way -- is covered under the twenty-fifth amendment, especially if we're talking issues of competence and mental health, which has also been becoming increasingly the reality for The Donald since even his fanbase has turned against him, then impeachment proceedings can be launched.
>>
File: EFoMZIx.jpg (45KB, 583x349px) Image search: [Google]
EFoMZIx.jpg
45KB, 583x349px
>>37088229
>people actually want to impeach trump
>they fail to realize that they'll get Mike turn-fruits-into-vegetables Pence
>>
>>37088229
He shared information with Russia regarding ISIS, the group the Jews want to keep in power to fuck over all their neighbors.

Trump wants to work together with Russia to destroy ISIS. The Jews don't, since the Jews control America, Trump is being punished.
>>
>>37088481
Yeah, it's basically a Russian Roulette game now. Except it's the Chinese version that involves an RPG.
>>
>>37088229
This asshole isn't getting impeached even if he does enjoy President Pence.
>>
>>37088229
The democratic party is a smoldering crater as long as Pelosi and Maxine Waters are in charge they're fucked. They don't even have a young charismatic brown woman to run in 2020.
>>
>>37088364
20 republicans will never agree to go forward with impeachment proceedings, it's just not gonna happen.
>>
>>37088623
The Comey Bullocks say otherwise.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333803-first-republicans-talk-impeachment-for-trump
>>
>>37088364
>Adding to all of that, he fired Comey to cover the fact that he pressured him to drop the investigation
There is absolutely no proof of this.
>inb4 CNN article citing an 'anonymous source'.
"Anonymous Source" is newspeak for "shit I made up just now".
>>
>>37088481
Most people are too dumb to understand how things work and too lazy to try and learn. I guarantee most people supporting his impeachment think that this would mean Hillary would become president.
>>
Whatever, I like pence better.
>>
Are people actually deluded enough to think that impeaching him would do anything or is it just part of some larger plot to bolster confidence in a flawed system?
>>
I wonder how much time has been devoted to trying to have Trump removed from office, solely because they don't like him, that could have been used to do something more useful.

Has any other president ever had this much effort put into impeaching them?

It's like the people who carried on about Obama's birth certificate, except it's huge media corporations and people within the government.
>>
It's not about revealing information with the highest level of classification (which is bad but disturbingly legal), rather the most likely thing he would be impeached for is obstruction of justice. Remember that memos by FBI officials, such as Comey, are admissible in court as evidence. As long as Comey wrote on a piece of paper that Trump is a dipshit and other FBI officials agree, Trump can be impeached. It's basically a more dramatic version of what got Bill "Blowjob" Clinton in trouble.
>>
>>37088658
>one down
>only 19 to go!
lol
>>
>>37089125
Nice neglect of probability, mate.
>>
>>37088859
not even the dumbest liberal thinks that impeachment would mean hillary becoming president. dont be a dense faggot.
>>
>>37088859
>I guarantee most people supporting his impeachment think that this would mean Hillary would become president.

No, no they don't.

Back to /pol/ or t_d with you
>>
>>37088279
>You do realize that LEGALLY he can do that right?

The president can't LEGALLY interfere with a federal investigation. That is very much grounds for impeachment. If a probe reveals that Trump, Flynn and Russia have all been in collusion, then there's sufficient reason to believe that Trump's firing of Comey presents a conflict of interest. This can and will result in Trump being impeached. It's doubtful any Republican official will continue to stand behind Trump at that point, not even Ryan.
>>
>>37088481
>they fail to realize that they'll get Mike turn-fruits-into-vegetables Pence

At least Pence IS a politician and would actually understand his responsibilities as president. Trump is not and never has been involved with politics. He is simply a business shark who got elected because democracy gives power to literal retards who think an angry white male is the Ubermensch who will lead America into a golden age of anti-liberalism.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.