/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How shameful is it to be a 31 year old McDonald's employee?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
How shameful is it to be a 31 year old McDonald's employee?
>>
>>37083495
Are you a manager or something? If not, yes.
>>
It's not as shameful as having no job.
>>
>>37083495
It's not that bad, not like you're sucking dirty old man dick for cracking money in back alleys
>>
>>37083495
You could always work the fields. I'm sure plenty of older and old people work them. Plus your helping keep labor and farming locally.
>>
>>37083495

In the eyes of society? Yes, the standards to be successful have increased and they will get only worse.

In itself? Nah, you're doing what you can to survive.
>>
>>37083495
No one really gives a shit, so don't worry about it.
>>
I work at mcdonalds and plenty of the crew are over 31, and they arent managers either

Honestly the only people who think such of a thing as shameful are kids, adults know you are only working there to provide for yourself or your family.
>>
>>37083495
No one cares because it's a just a job, unless you're 70 years old because most people don't want Grandpa Simpson to be making their burgers.
>>
>>37083534
You're correct. Have a (You).
>>
>>37083495
A job is a way to make money, end of. No shame in that
>>
>ITT: burger flippers stroking each others cock
No matter what age, you are the lowest of the low working at some fast food restaurant. Everyone in society pities you. Why do you think people hope they never end up as a burger flipper? Because you're nothing.
>>
>>37083495
Not really, but you should being searching for a better job. I get paid more than the managers there and I just started as a janitor.
>>
>>37083495

less shameful than being unemployed
>>
>>37084631
Its not different than any other menial job at minimum wage.

Working at a gas station wont give you health insurance. You won't move up working at a gas station either.

And again, you're probably 18-21 who thinks there is a 'stigma' to working at a fast food place.

>ohoho im above that, i would prefer to live on the street than earn money, no siree
>>
>>37083495
It's not, if anyone it's honorable that you're willing and able to work one of the lowest jobs possible. You also won't be the only 25+ year old there, managers aside.

and really McDonalds isn't that bad of a job as people make it out to be. They're a professional organization with global standards and rules and you get stuff like Employee of the Month.

Working a local fast food place instead is almost guaranteed to be worse in every possible way. The franchise owners cut corners and have you do things differently than what franchise rules says, the store is all rusty and leaking and fucked up, some of the employees are total shitheads that show up late and leave early and never get disciplined because they're the son of a friend of the owner, the owners try to jew you out of overtime or even just the hours you worked, etc.
>>
>>37084631
Or it's because they're scared to death of the social hierarchy they create and maintain. They make it so that they can feel good about themselves, and arbitrarily demonize necessary work in the process.

Like sure, shit on burgerflippers all you want. But they're only there because millions of people are too absorbed with other shit to handle their own food. The complex economy which affords us every luxury imaginable can only exist when service jobs are its meat and bones.
>>
>>37084631
>acts superior on an anonymous image board
Work harder on your bait next time faggot.
>>
>>37084560
Where I live there's lots of old people working at like fast food and gas stations cause they didn't save enough for retirement and aren't getting enough from investments or whatever. It's a shame cause these people probably did great things and had decent careers for the better part of their lives and they can't even retire properly and can't get back into their old jobs.
>>
>>37084631
>Everyone in society pities you

No one cares, actually. Pity is for the homeless dude who wear 3 different track suits piled up on top of each other in the middle of August and just sits there with a cup in his hand hoping that people will throw him some coins.

You're just pressing burgers or working the cash, there's nothing degrading about that. It's not like you're a shoeshine boy from the 1900s. The type of person who goes to McDonalds isn't going to have a stick up their ass because they're likely also working a wage job. If anything they relate to you.
>>
>tfw theres no mc donalds around here
One day soon my dad will force me to go and beg some albanian chad to hire me as a dishwasher in his shithole or they will kick me out. I hate the people here so fucking much,i was forced to endure their mockery all my life and now they want me to work for them as a slave
>>
>>37084683
>>37084710
>>37084755
You could easily become an entrepreneur but you'd rather feel sorry for yourselves and work a shitty job so you can "work to the top". Everyone wants success, but only a few can make it. Don't project on others who are obviously smarter than you but you're too fucking stupid to understand.
>>
>>37083495
It depends where you are going. If you were unemployed before then it is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>37085040
>You could easily become an entrepreneur

But no though. It's not easy at all, and definitely not easy becoming a successful one on top of that.

> Everyone wants success

No one who works at McDonalds is doing so out a of a desire and belief that they'll achieve success in McDonalds. They're just doing it to pay the bills.

They might have some other creative endeavor on the side like they're aspiring musicians or are trying to become full-time youtubers or MMA fighters or maybe even they're going back to school - they just need to pay the bills in the meantime.

You seem to be overthinking, as well as getting emotional.
>>
>>37085040
This kid is dunning-kruger in action.
>>
>>37085159
Seems like you're making excuses. Just try more, get fit and get a new haircut instead of being a little bitch.
>>
>>37085184
?

Who or what am I making excuses for?

Not everyone wants to be an "entrepreneur", working a proper job whether it's at McDonalds or as a janitor or a construction site or a bar or restaurant or cafe or whatever else is much better for most people.

Why are you obsessed with this?
>>
>>37083495
I respect anyone who can work service and not murder everyone. When I was working shit jobs I only ever worked warehouse jobs because I can stand working with the public. You guys are heroes.
>>
>>37085212
>Not everyone wants to be an "entrepreneur"
Being an rich entrepreneur is the only way to live. If you're not rich or famous then your existence is worth nothing. That's the way it is. I'm sorry you've been blinded in order to live "paycheck-to-paycheck".
>>
test post origibig
>>
>>37085282
Again, I said that most people who work at McDs are doing it only as a temporary way to pay the bills until their real career picks up.

They're doing more to improve their lives than you who's just being upset and mad at them on a Vietnamese turtle-cooking telegram.

Enjoy your enterprise that has an 80% chance of failing though.
>>
>>37085346
And I'm sure working at McDonald's will grant them a path in a "real career".
Don't worry, little child. When you eventually leave your little safe space of high school then you'll understand how reality works.
>>
>>37083495
Ehh I'd say its kinda bad, unless you're the manager. Then I guess its kinda fine.

I'm 23 and I've been working in retail for the past 5 years. All the young kids are going to college and I feel like I am stuck here forever. I want to leave but I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I dropped out of college a few semesters back and all I've been doing is working.
>>
>>37083495
I my country Mcdonalds doesn't hire anyone older than 25, and if you hit 30 you are out the door.
>>
>>37085587
I went to Germany and there were masses of 40 year olds working in the fast food joint.
Truly horrifying.
>>
>>37084631
I don't pity people that work there. I'm just kind of glad they cook food for me when I ask for it. I think it's bullshit how their job is regarded as shit but being management or up is respectful. It's kind of ridiculous people will in the same breath say the job is only respectable if you're exploiting people below you. I really fucking hope these people don't actually vote.
>>
>>37083495
Looks like this sad wagie is getting pretty ragie!
>>
File: 1494822360467.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1494822360467.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>37084725
This is why need to tp abandon this current system and embrace communism. Cant even take care of the old who deserve to rest. Gotta let them slave away even after retiring just to make a few shekels.

Imagine having worked your ass off for 40+ years. You look forward to finally taking a break and pursuing your hobbies. Maybe even spendongnmore time with family. Nope. You will be serving NEETs their tendies at a burger joint until you die of heart attack.
>>
>>37085402
Sounds like a trust fund baby.
>>
File: 1242912388514.jpg (27KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
1242912388514.jpg
27KB, 344x400px
>mfw 28 year old "barista"
>>
>>37085695
are you a bearded gay man?
>>
If you're not completely hideous or socially retarded it's incredibly easy to bang teenage thots that don't know any better
>>
File: 1478113704178.jpg (497KB, 778x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478113704178.jpg
497KB, 778x1024px
I'm 27 and make 19$ an hour /w benifits and I'm embarrassed of my job.

I can't even imagine the shame someone has working fast food making min wage in late 20's must have.
>>
>>37083495
As a NEET who visits fast food restaurants I actually prefer you over the degenerate teenagers.
>>
>>37085858

Nah, baby faced manlet who doesn't even like coffee.
>>
>>37084575
.t wagie

>spending the majority of your day, underpaid and tired is worse than having freetime

Wagies confuse me.
>>
>>37086005
your probably just some incredibly insecure normie then, you should be happy you're making that kind of wage.
>>
File: 1494714717783.png (39KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1494714717783.png
39KB, 400x275px
>>37083495
i love mcdonalds and want to work the grill during the night shift. I think it would be extremely comfy and I would have all the fries, bigmacs and sodas I want.
>>
>>37083495

if youre a girl then no, if youre a man then yes
>>
>>37085402
For someone who's implying to be out of high school you sure have a difficult time with reading comprehension.

You need money to be an entrepreneur or to be an anything else. Working a minimum wage job is the first step to becoming that.
>>
>>37086158
>freetime

It's dead time not free time.

As NEETs time is meaningless because we have literally the whole day to do anything at all, and so we end up doing nothing.

Posting frogs, playing video games, hoping that something interesting will pop up on youtube or in this anime season. It's the same thing day after day and it gets really old after a few years and there's absolutely no joy left in it.

It's like eating an entire cake everyday for each meal.

Sure it's fun at first and you can try different sorts of cake, but after a while you're overweight and malnourished and have diabetes and are miserable.

Cake is only good if you have it for dessert after a normal meal.

Kiddies are too dumb to understand the duality and balance of life.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.