[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like being in a mental ward? Going in next week

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0002.jpg (47KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
47KB, 657x527px
What is it like being in a mental ward? Going in next week
>>
>>37081539
They put on the clown masks at night and thrash against the doors. They scream your name and beg you to let them in.
>>
>>37081539
i was an inpatient for a clinic when i was younger
it was fucking shit
it felt like prison
>>
I assume it's good fun. Lot's of weird guys on xanax hanging out playing cards and smoking cigs.
>>
Boring, no privacy, no freedom. You have share the room with some nut, I was lucky and the guy I roomed with was cool. I don't go outside but the fact that I didn't have the option to made me irritated. The only good thing about my stay was I met Stoya but I didn't even know it was her at the time.
>>
>>37081764
>>37081822
Pretty much these. They mix the drug addicts in with the schizos and psycopaths, with the depressed and anxious people in the middle. During your stay you'll be visited by Stacy and Chad therapists and nurses, with the psychiatrists racing to find you some drug combination that will "work." There will be group sessions. The cafeteria food is one step above what you ate in high school.

Overall it's pretty shit but the drug addicts are usually pretty cool so I hung out with them. Stay away from the really crazy people.
>>
>>37081893
/thread
ygyg
>>
>>37081822
>>37081893

>original american healthcare
>>
File: 1481143833117s.jpg (5KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1481143833117s.jpg
5KB, 250x247px
>>37081539
state or private? Ive been locked away for several years at a time. Whatre ya goin in for anon?
>>
>>37081539
It's prison. Avoid socializing with the violent ones because they think being violent makes them cool. Don't trust the paranoid ones unless you have reason to.
>>
> guy that bullied me in highschool went bald at 17, dropped out of university and is in an insane asylum
> he wanted to be a neurosurgeon
> now he's sending my sister pics of his medication to solicit pity fucks
>jokes on him we laughed about it over lunch

Anyway, to answer OP:
My mom worked as a psychiatric nurse. She really loves her patients. There will be people truly dedicated to your health.

There's probably going to be a lot of flowery, hippie nonsense ( " try yoga!").

There's going to be a lot of annoying bureacratic fuck ups.

There's nothing wrong with being sick but a lot of people feel that there is so brace yourself.

I've honestly heard mixed things. Some people have had tremendous success in hospital - my mom gets letters all the time from former patients who have made shocking improvements. I've also heard that it's a nightmare.

Best of luck, OP.
>>
File: 1493442079545.jpg (50KB, 346x461px) Image search: [Google]
1493442079545.jpg
50KB, 346x461px
>>37082855
Ur bully is smashing ur sis and its all ur fault.
>>
OP I probablyhave the most experience in psych wards than anyone on this board. I spent like four years in various mental health hospitals. It's nothing to worry about, it's just boring. You might even make some friends. You should be able to easily tell which people are mentally broken and which are fairly normal. If you're not good at socializing I hope you're going to one of the places that let's you have internet access because there's not much to do there. Also you're probably going to have to share a room.
>>
>>37081539
it's god awful
>>
story, op? why are u goin, can u avoid it?
>>
>>37081716
>>37081822
>>37081893
>>37082842
>>37083048
i can attest to these. Don't go anon, it's degrading and a waste of time
>>
>>37081539
I was in the teen ward (17 at the time) And the two are quite different, but it's not as bad as people say it is. One thing though: make friends. If someone tries to kill/fight you, you want back up. One more thing, don't fuck with the women. Don't talk to the women. Don't even fucking look at them. They are fucking crazy. When I was in, the women had 9 fights in a week. Guys had 0.
>>
can you have sex in a mental ward?
>>
>>37084643
No not at all. They check on you every night. Couldn't fap for like a week :/
>>
I got put on a 72 hour hold once, might be different from what a long-term facility is like.

It was mostly just boring and depressing. Everybody was doped up on god knows what, including me (despite not being diagnosed with anything), and nobody was really scary. I dunno if the real psychos were locked up somewhere else or if they were just drugged into oblivion, but the only blatantly crazy people I encountered were tinfoil hat types who wanted to tell me about the aliens that kept abducting them or whatever. I had a couple of shrink meetings a day IIRC, otherwise it was just sitting around reading magazines and stuff. They took my clothes for washing after the first day and I had to spend all day in a hospital gown with weird see-through mesh boxers under it, which was awkward.

I was released with a pretty much clear bill of health after 3 days, they said I seemed a bit depressed and gave me contact info for a psychologist I could go see if I wanted to, which I never did, because the circumstances that put me there were totally situational.
>>
>>37081822
This is accurate

It also depends on the amount of time you're staying. I was in for a month and a half, and I was not prepared to leave when I did. Day in and day out you do nothing and then boom, you're back into the real world, back to living

Living sucks
>>
>>37081539
Boring.
and
unoriginal
>>
I was only in one for like 36 hours, and it was mostly a boring experience. I did enjoy watching golf with this really nice guy who talked about the Rothchilds ruling the world. There was one woman who during the day was mostly all there, but at night became a nightmare. Shouting, trying to go into other people's rooms, etc. She once showed me a collage with pics of her and her family, and that made me sad as shit. A life ruined by mental illness.
>>
>>37081822
>I met Stoya
Holy fuck. What was she like? Was she nice?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.