[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do you allow yourself to remain fat when you could be a normal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 18

File: 1494961050722.jpg (529KB, 2280x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1494961050722.jpg
529KB, 2280x1660px
why do you allow yourself to remain fat when you could be a normal weight within 2 months?
>>
>>37080932
just drinking water?
im sure that was terrible.
probably damaged something in his body.
>>
Been working on it. Started at 226 at the first of May. Down to 212 today. All about limiting those calories to around 500 a day. You can do iit
>>
Stop shilling this unhealthy meme, you retarded, uneducated faggots.
>>
>>37080964
lol keep on coping and stay fat even though theres mountains of evidence that fasting is good for you when done correctly
>>
>>37080932
Either that guy is short, or he was not 245lbs in that first pic.

Anyways, a water fast for 77 days? There is no way that can be healthy. Your body needs calories and macronutrients as well, not just micronutrients.

I mean, I'll try it if it's moderately safe, but 77 days is a long fucking time.
>>
Because I don't care about myself and hope I die of heart disease.
>>
Water fast? What a retard. If he had just counted his calories and protein and done it gradually he could have ended up ottermode instead of a cross between skinny and dadbod
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>37080992

you're the uneducated, retarded shill. but i forgive you.

>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insult sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/
>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but alos induce immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.

https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/
>>
>>37081085
so you're saying he can't end up ottermode now? idiot. he's still clearly 20% bf or more, ottermode doesnt happen until 12-15% bodyfat
>>
>>37081065
>Your body needs calories and macronutrients as well

it's called ketosis. fat is a macronutrient, and his own bodyfat is what he lived off of for those 77 days. when you're in ketosis your body feeds of stored body fat because there is no glucose coming in from dietary carbohydrates
>>
>>37081128
Cutting at less than 500 deficit = atrophy of muscles

Doing these meme diets is stupid just go to scoobys website and just do a tried and true cut the OG way im sick of all these meme diets and meme routines REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37081202
wrong. not getting enough protein = atrophy of muscles
>>
>>37081202
remind me again why I care about that?
>>
>>37081223
How are you gonna get a gram per pound if youre only eating 500 calories? That's just absurd, fasting is not at all necessary to lose fat, its for impatient fucks who want to shortcut at the price of being miserable
>>
File: image008.jpg (82KB, 1047x541px) Image search: [Google]
image008.jpg
82KB, 1047x541px
>3 weeks of alternate-day fasting reduces body weight, body fat, and plasma insulin concentrations in both men and women while a diet of 500-600 calories on 2 of 7 days per week induces loss of abdominal fat, improves insulin sensitivity; and reduces blood pressure.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4531065/

>a study in the june 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage - a major side effect of chemotherapy -- but also induces immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.
https://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/

>fasting for three days can regenerate your entire immune system
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/fasting-for-three-days-can-regenerate-entire-immune-system-study/

>Intermittent fasting, in which individuals fast on consecutive or alternate days, has been reported to facilitate weight loss preventing the progression of type 2 diabetes and consequently improve cardiovascular risk.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4257368/
>Diet mimicking fasting promotes regeneration and reduces autoimmunity and multiple sclerosis symptoms
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899145/
>>
>>37081272
i can almost guarantee the person that posted that has barely any muscle mass to speak of, otherwise he wouldnt be so concerned about losing some of it

>>37081281
you don't need a gram per pound. someone lied to you. once you're into ketosis the amount of muscle catabolism is reduced significantly also
>>
What would you guys say a decent weight is for a 6'0 guy going for a twink build?
That's the only way I know how to refer to a build like that.
Lean, maybe?
>>
>>37081667
6 foot? anywhere from 130-140lbs i'd say
>>
>>37081109
So you mean the bears were right all along?
>>
File: 12.png (1MB, 918x923px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
1MB, 918x923px
>>37080932
i would love to try, but as someone said, muscle mass is probably going to be harmed in the process. but i've also never stuck with a strict diet before or counted calories, and i think i ought to give that a hard try, before trying something like this out.

thoughts on eating at a deficit, doing cardio, maybe intermittent fasting to lose 20 or so pounds? currently at 243lbs 5'9"

sorry. i've tried /fit/ before but the last time i asked they were pretty mean. and this seems like a robot fitness thread =)
>>
>>37081758
That seems like skeleton.
I'm currently 155lbs and in decent shape.

I thought twink was the same as otter-mode, at least some muscle.
>>
File: 1362378286221.png (19KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
1362378286221.png
19KB, 450x532px
>Try this
>Don't last a day
>Got hungry and ate

How do people do it?
>>
File: 1479264336993.png (284KB, 405x418px) Image search: [Google]
1479264336993.png
284KB, 405x418px
>>37080964
H9w would it have damaged his body?
Humans can go months without food.

The longest medically supervised waterfast is 382 days
>>
>>37081002
Its not. Normal weight loss is safe. When you fast you lose massive amounts of muscle, impossible to prevent that. Not exactly safe when your heart is one.
>>
>>37081927
>ignoring the posts where i linked several .gov and .edu articles describing the health benefits in detail

so you're a retard. good to know
>>
>>37081919
Muscle athropy in important organs and around your core and back. Wont exactly kill you but will lead to future complictions, back and posture problems, a weak heart, etc
>>
>>37081847
if you're 243 at 5'9 muscle mass needs to be the last thing on your mind
>>
>>37081967
Except those studies dont change the fact that muscle loss like that is impossible to prevent. Keep on being a dumb frogposter and focusing on the few good sides that are far outweighed by the negatives
>>
>>37081988
stop shilling unless you can provide some proof of your claims
>>
>>37081002
>>37080932
Looking good is not just about being thin, you also need to have an okay amount of muscle and have your skin bounce back.

Lifting weights twice a week and eating at least 100g of protein, plus 50g of fat, plus about 50kcal from the filler in your vitamins and minerals comes to a total of 900kcal. This is much safer and will have you looking much better than a water fast.

If you assume 2500kcal burned per day, that comes out to 6kg or 13lbs per month.

Only a third slower - so 2 months turns into 3.
>>
>>37082030
I dont need to when the vast majority of the scientific community agrees with these basic facts. Aldo when you fast you can barely move at all, its like being bedridden. That alone would require future theraphy. Dumb shill.
>>
>>37082014
>Except those studies dont change the fact that muscle loss like that is impossible to prevent

>impossible

so you're saying that intermittent fasting doesnt exist? you're saying that you cant enter enough protein into your diet to make the muscle atrophy virtually nonexistent? you mean to say it's literally impossible to eat some meat after a few days of fasting?

please alert the presses
>>
>>37082070
Carbs are also required, protein alone does nothing. Yeah, its a scam
>>
>>37082065
>no sources
>more baseless claims

>the vast majority of the scientific community agrees with me yet i cant even post a single link

nothing to see here
>>
>Liver damage - the thread
>>
>>37082070
mind posting ur progress with this "watermemefasting" mr entropy
>>
>>37082092
>carbs are also required on a ketogenic diet

because its SO difficult to get 20-30 carbohydrates into your diet
>>
>>37081155
>tfw on Keto now
>tfw it's effective so far
>>
>>37082116
>ignores peer reviewed scientific articles

>just post your progress and let that determine it!

sorry mr anonymous i've only just begun fasting 2 days ago
>>
>>37082148
maybe come back in 2 months and actually have something to contribute to this idea of water fasting, than just creating a clickbait thread with some .gov articles that no one wants to read. maybe then it will be successful.

have a nice day mr entropy, hope it works
>>
>>37082070
>you cant enter enough protein into your diet to make the muscle atrophy virtually nonexistent

Yes, it's called maximum fat metabolism rate
Each kilo of your fat reserves can only relinquish about 60-70kcal per day. The difference gets made up by muscle and in later stages even your organ tissues.

>you are 100kg with 30%bf
>you have 30kg of fat
>you want to lose 5kg without having to recalculate your daily calorie deficit
>you end fat reserves before recalculating will be 25kg
>60*25 = 1500kcal deficit to eliminate muscle wasting, assuming exercise and sufficient protein intake
>27days to lose those 5kg
>>
>>37082192
>i dont want to read your articles that were written by scientists who actually know what theyre talking about

then fuck off, retard. sorry that reading is so hard for you

>>37082205
>posting all of this nonsense

just eat some protein every other day and your body won't consume your muscles for protein, it's not rocket science.
>>
I can't go a day without eating before I want to kill myself, how can people fast for so long?

And yes I already drink lots of water, usually 1 and a half 1.5L bottles per day. How am I supposed to endure the fasting?
Not like I'm fat and want to do it, just curious on how people do it.
Is it willpower? Do they chew on something? Do they swallow food with no nutritional value?
>>
>>37082272
you're supposed to work your way up to a full fledged fast over the period of a few days, you have to ease yourself into it
>>
>>37082093
Its your burden as a fad diet activist go provide propf when going against decades old already established facts
>>
>>37080964
>damage to his body
>not BEING 300LBS forever

kill yourself fatass
>>
>>37082333
provide proof of what exactly? the burden of proof is on the one who made the (retarded) claims which is you
>>
>>37082361
>says the frogposter as he desperately wants to sell his broscience diet plan
Lmao at you
>>
>>37082404

>strawmanning this hard

guess you're running out of bullshit to tout, arent you?
>>
>>37082415
none of the articles say anything about long periods of water fasting only, just fasting and you can't just assume that the effects of a longer period would extend those benefits, if you believe that you're insane.
>>
>>37080932
I lost around 15lbs in two months. I just started eating more.
>>
>>37082440
i'm not advocating for long periods of water fasting, even the picture in the OP pic clearly states that it was medically supervised. if you have a doctor watching over you then by all means go right ahead
>>
>>37082269
>posting all of this nonsense
>just eat some protein every other day
You know nothing about nutrition.

>"A limit on the maximum energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia is deduced from experimental data of underfed subjects maintaining moderate activity levels and is found to have a value of (290 +- 25) kJ/kg/day. A dietary restriction which exceeds the limited capability of the fat store to compensate for the energy deficiency results in an immediate decrease in the fat free mass (FFM). In cases of a less severe dietary deficiency, the FFM will not be depleted."
Source:
>Alpert SS. A limit on the energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 2005 Mar 7

>>37082361
>start thread with claim that a water fast, a last resort method for most doctors, is a better solution for anyone but the terminally obese than a more moderate diet.
>get told you're an idiot
>"hur-dur the burden of proof is on you"
great job retard
>>
>>37082479
LOST OVER 100LBS "IN 77 DAYS VIA WATER FAST" in your op pic kind of implies that it was for a single period of time

what are you advocating then? to do intermittent fasting? sure sounds good. why use that pic? what are you trying to say my dude?
>>
>>37082541
too bad alpert's study COMPLETELY ignores the fact that ingesting protein stops muscle catabolism in its tracks

>start thread with claim that a water fast, a last resort method for most doctors, is a better solution for anyone but the terminally obese than a more moderate diet.

nice strawman, i literally never made that claim
>>
>oh noes, my muscle mass

You fat fucks should be least worried about your muscles. I bet you you will start losing weight instantly if you cut out all soda and sugary foods. Top it off with some daily physical activity and voila, the pounds are shedding themselves.
Also, see>>37082541
>>
>>37082584
>what are you trying to say my dude?

that even in the most extreme cases, fasting is proven to work
>>
>>37082625
that study is inherently flawed and doesnt apply to most people

"During a control period of three months they were given a diet containing approximately 3, 500 calories per day. Then for 6 months the diet was reduced to 1, 570 calories in the form of potatoes, cabbage, turnips and cereals and only very small portions of animal protein each week. The experimental diet resembled approximately that consumed under famine conditions in Europe."

unless you're eating only potatoes, cabbage, turnips and cereals and very tiny amounts of animal protein each week, you have nothing to worry about
>>
File: 1494394322355.jpg (42KB, 807x657px) Image search: [Google]
1494394322355.jpg
42KB, 807x657px
>stay at home still being a neet but avoid food and fill the void with more degenerate hobbies like anime and vidya and browsing this board
>some how the weight magically falls off
>doesn't fucking matter because you're still a neet that plays video games all day and can't even eat food on the offchance you get invited to an event

nice advice op, but go back to fit you retard no one wants you here
>>
File: IMG_0180.png (48KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.png
48KB, 1070x868px
>its an autistic tripfag posts a retarded thread and spergs out episode
>>
>>37082739
>>37082755
weak willed fatties detected
>>
>>37082761
>(You)
here you go little buddy
>>
>>37082782
right back at ya, big guy
>>
File: 1493178732986.jpg (116KB, 820x409px) Image search: [Google]
1493178732986.jpg
116KB, 820x409px
>>37080932
You post in /fit/ and /r9k/. Stop shilling this shit of a meme to fuck people over. Fasting is hell on your kidneys which regulates blood throughout your body. The bigger you are when doing these meme diets the harder it'll damage them, can create awful, life threatening kidney stones. Just eat 500 to 1,000 calories below your body's TDEE. That's all any of you have to do. Do not do meme diets to lose 30 to 50 pounds in a month, that's fucking stupidly reckless.
>>
>>37081847
>start counting calories
>stay below 1500 calories a day
>drink plenty of water, take vitamins salt zinc and potassium
>go to some sport store (not walmart) and ask the wagie there to recommend you a pair of decent running shoes based on your posture weight and foot shape
>run for an hour at a slow pace every day
>always warm up beforehand because your joints can get fucked if you don't
>do this for a year
congrats you stopped being fat without losing your precious lardmuscles, also this >>37081991
>>
>>37082541
>A limit on the maximum energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia is deduced from experimental data of underfed subjects maintaining moderate activity levels and is found to have a value of (290 +- 25) kJ/kg/day

That's about 4000 kcal a day for someone weighing 60 kg. It is exceedingly difficult to eat 4000 kcal under your TDEE; you have to be either exceedingly fat (in which case the upper limit is even higher according to the formula you linked) or exercise an absolutely insane amount. So, while interesting, this study is completely irrelevant to the vast majority of the population trying to lose weight.
>>
>>37082612
>ingesting protein stops muscle catabolism in its tracks
How much? Only if you eat enough to make up the energy deficit.

>i literally never made that claim
Then what is your claim?

>water fasts will make you lose fat
of course
>you can get away from it unscathed if you have supervision, supplementation and go from a high bf% to one that is no less than average
yes
>it is the fastest method to lose fat
short of drugs like DNP and other crazy shit: yes.

But my point is:
Most people who are overweight or moderately obese will achieve the same weight loss in just a bit more time (and if you have the willpower for 2 months of water fasting, then you probably have it for 3 of stuff like PSMF) with much less muscle loss (which will prevent you from yo-yoing and looking like shit) at much less risk and cost (assuming you're paying your doctor.)
>>
>>37082962
>60kg overweight
The vast majority of people trying to lose weight are not that fat, that's a bf% of 45 for an average guy with average muscle mass.

Most people are fat even at 30-40kg, at which point this point starts being worth considering.
>>
>>37083079
>60kg overweight
meant "60kg of pure fat."
>>
>>37082996
well if they're fat they probably don't have much muscle to bother about losing.
>>
>>37080932
What's the point when I like food more than I like people?
>>
>>37083106
Not really, while being fat doesn't make you the fucking hulk like some fatties claim - lugging around and extra 50lbs or even more takes quite a bit of strength. Each step is a fucking calf raise exercise, among other things.

Point is: more muscle = higher basal metabolism = less chance of yo-yoing back up to your starting weight and losing it faster obviously.
>>
File: 1459706208822.jpg (94KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
1459706208822.jpg
94KB, 775x719px
BWWHAHHAHA buttblasted op left
>>
>>37083079
>>37083089
That's only true if the "per kg" in the formula given in >>37082541 refers to body fat, not total weight. I assumed it's per total weight, but I might've been wrong. This is actually an interesting point: Angus Barbieri lost 134 kg in 382 days by not eating anything. At that weight, with a liberal estimate of 50% fat, he couldn't have been losing more than 8,055 kcal/day according to the formula. Assuming his weight decrease was mostly linear until he was 20% fat at 84 kg (where he couldn't lose more than 1,264 kcal/day), the cap to the calories he could have burned during his year of fast is

(8,055+1,264)/2 * 382 = 1,803,226 kcal

In fact, he lost 7,700*134 = 1,031,800 kcal, which is well below the upper limit.

So, it's an interesting question: did the author mean per kg of total weight or per kg of fat ? He might've meant the latter. I need to read the article more carefully, but I don't think I can access it. Thanks for the pointer, anon.
>>
>>37082869
>can create awful, life threatening kidney stones
what the fuck are you talking about retard
>>
>>37083273
>did the author mean per kg of total weight or per kg of fat ?
Yes.

kcal/kg(bodyfat)/day
>>
File: 1418091439094.png (646KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418091439094.png
646KB, 1920x1080px
>>37083343
are you upset op? why dont u just leave lol
>>
>>37083361
not OP, just asking why is he spouting such bullcrap
>>
I want to not be fat anymore, how can I do this water fast anons? Was the OP pic for 77 days continuously?
>>
>>37083605
What are your stats? Age, gender, height, weight, how active are you - can you do a pushup etc.
>>
>fatties cheat on their 1800-2200 cal diets REGULARLY
>think drinking ONLY water will bring better results

This will probably work for past skeles off a bulk but for fatties it spells disaster
>>
guys why don't you just eat less instead of not eating at all? Is it to save money on food, because the medical bills will probably be more expensive than buying food will.
>>
You guys know that proteins are not stored in the body and are vital to your survival?
>>
>>37083674
Tehnically: they are stored in the form of muscle, plus you have about an 24h buffer in the form of your stomach and gut contents, aminos in your gut lining, blood etc. But yeah: water fasting is fucking retarded.
>>
>>37080932
PROTIP /r9k/

doing a water fast right now as we speak, this is my 8th day.

you DO NOT DAMAGE MAJOR ORGANS.

if you're a FATTY FAT FATTY (like me) then your body won't even go near shit like your brain or heart or musces until all that blubber is gone.

the full thing that you're "starving" is bullshit. It really is.

You go into ketosis, and you're getting your calories from it, a constant stream of calories, from your own fat reserves.
>>
File: 1492896389422.png (175KB, 700x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1492896389422.png
175KB, 700x1167px
>>37083632
Girl, 19, 5'4 and about 90kg, but my scale isn't very accurate. I'm very inactive. I managed one pushup and it made my vision see stars
>>
>>37083702
>if you're a FATTY FAT FATTY (like me) then your body won't even go near shit like your brain or heart or musces until all that blubber is gone.
Yeah, and you can get all your protein and essential fatty acids from your fat stores, duh.

>the full thing that you're "starving" is bullshit. It really is.
>starving is the only medical concern with water fasting
>>
>>37083718
Just fucking eat less, it isn't rocket science.
>>
File: doubt-6.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt-6.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>37083718
>girl

originalitalio
>>
>>37083736
>fatty acids.
take a pill, shit isn't hard.

>protein.
maybe your right but meh.
>>
>>37080964
lol what
whatever damage it did do (likely none) was nothing in comparison to the damage obesity does to your body
>>
I'm not all that fat. My problem is that I have no muscle mass, but building that shit is too hard.
>>
>>37083741
I like food and don't have self control. I'd probably be motivated on a fast though
>>37083744
I just want to get fit anon
>>
>>37080932
But I'm not fat, I'm skinny, I at least have self control over my appetite and get to eat snacks and meals everyday.

I think its more pathetic to have to do this just to lose weight that an actual fat person.
>>
>>37081919
Humans can go months without food and SURVIVE. Humans have also broke their backs or had metal rods plunged into their brains and SURVIVED. Survival isn't the point of life.
>>
>live on water + multivitamins for 77 days
>lose 52kg
>start eating normally again
>gain weight back in a month or two
>repeat
>>
>>37082739
/fit/ would call OP out on being a retard too
>>
>>37080932

1. This is a lie
2. This is dangerous.

A pound is 3500 calories, and the average man's BMR is 2000-2200 a day. The most you'd lose in 77 days eating nothing is 44-48 lbs.

Fasting diets are dangerous. If you don't eat protein you body will mine your muscles, including your heart, for protein. There was a fad fasting diet in the late 1970s that people died doing because it was quackery that didnt account for this.

If you do a very low calorie diet make sure you get some protein, and some food with potassium in it(some anecdotal information I saw while looking into fasting diets was that no potassium was a contributing factor in deaths). If you see advertisements for doctor supervised weight loss for obese people it's fairly certain it's a very low calorie protein shake based diet.
>>
>>37083785
>I like food and don't have self control but fasting means I don't have to use any self control
this basically summarizes this whole water fasting meme
>>
According to your obesity, after you became fit you would probably wont have muscles. Keep doing this retarded diet.
>>
>>37080932
Why the fuck is it called a "Water fast." You're not fasting from water. Dumbfucks.
>>
>>37083976
this, fast weight loss is just a retarded meme for brainlets, you always rebound in the aftermath because you're fat ass stomach is still the size of a hallway
>>
>>37081109
>improves insult sensitivity
triggered
>>
>>37081065
>Either that guy is short, or he was not 245lbs in that first pic
He's clearly very short. I weigh more than him in the after pic and I'm a skelly at only 6'1"
>>
>>37084287
you're fasting while drinking only water and vitamins
>>
>>37084092
>the average man's BMR is 2000-2200 a day.
Not a fat man's. Redo the math.
>>
>>37080932
Because I don't care about myself and hope I die of heart disease as soon as I can
>>
>>37084599

245lb 2301
230lb 2208
200lb 2021
180lb 1896
>>
>>37081901
You have to prepare for it.
Like eating only once every 24 hours
>>
>>37080932
lol, the classical "former obese person belly tuck" in the second picture
there is literally no winning
once you are obese, your skin is permanently fucked
>>
Why should I when I'm short, ugly and small dicked? Thin or fat, women will still consider me less than the shit that got on their expensive shoes payed for by their beta orbiters.
>>
>>37084092

Note here I'm just suggesting a very low calorie diet with some protein content.

Still diet. Calorie count. Do it for a long time. You can get thinner.
>>
>water fast
no. Already dropped from 250 to 210 in a few months just cutting soda and sugary foods with moderate exercise. 6' I'm already making progress with gradual weight loss why would I do this stupid and probably unhealthy shit
>>
>>37080932
Do you have a source for that? Even taking in no calories that seems too quick to lose 110 pounds.

As a rule of thumb a pound of fat takes a deficit of 3500 calories. This is not something exact but at least gives an estimate. Let me be generous and say he needs to eat 3500 calories per day to maintain his weight. Then he'd lose about 77 pounds not eating for 77 days.

And really he'd burning closer to 2000 calories per day not 3500, especially once he's not obese, so I'd expect even less fat loss.
>>
>>37081286
This image is literally absolute twaddle.
>>
running > fasting
>>
>>37085542
fasting > being fat >>>>> lifting > running
>>
>>37080932
>Supervised by doctor
Who is this quack that "supervised" it?
Lucky you don't drop dead from hyponatremia. Idiots. "Doctor". Yeah, everyone's a doctor now. Freaking drug dealers on the street are better at taking care of your health. Doctor. Ugh. Whatever.
>>
>>37085542
Running for exercise does long term damage to you. Just swim or bike.
>>
>>37085596
>running for exercise does long term damage to you.
easily the stupidest thing i've read all day. if your body is too weak to handle 2 or 3 miles a day (no more than 30 minutes of running for even the very out of shape) then you're too far gone for anything to help you.
>>
>>37085653
You're a moron. Bipedal animals aren't meant to run. It's bad for their knees. I thought that was common knowledge.
>>
>>37083702
>if you're a FATTY FAT FATTY (like me) then your body won't even go near shit like your brain or heart or musces until all that blubber is gone.

That's just not true. You will lose muscle as well as fat, that's just fact. You will of course lose more fat.
>>
>>37085703
Humans are fantastic long distance runners. It's part of the reason why we're still around today.
>>
>>37085891
Humans are fantastic long distance walkers.

Running wasn't part of the deal.
>>
I'm 5'11" and 220lbs. I've been thinking of losing weight and this post has inspired me. I'm not going to fast, but by cutting my calorie intake (which I estimate is an average of around 2,500 a day) to roughly 1,500 a day how much weight can I expect to lose in a month?
>>
>>37080932
I'm 260lb at the moment. I could lose weight if I cut out the booze. But then I'd have to cut out the booze, and frankly my alcoholism is my only real friend and being sober sucks ass.
>>
>>37085981
5-8lbs
>>
>>37080932
I want to try that but I live with too much food in the house. If it works on Naked and Afraid it should work on me.
>>
>>37086162

>and frankly my alcoholism is my only real friend and being sober sucks ass.

I understand this feel and i'm not afraid to admit it. You're not alone bro. 230lbs of failure here. Fuck being sober, give me all the drugs.
>>
>>37085653
Studies suggest that a long walk is better than a short run. So walking 6 miles is better than running 3.
>>
File: wde.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wde.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>37082869
>can create awful, life threatening kidney stones.
feel free to show me one instance of this happening

>>37083197
this may come as a shock to you but some people have things to do with their lives other than post on 4chan

>>37083976
>gain weight back in a month or two

so you didnt learn? why would you spend a month or two eating more calories than you burn?

>mfw all these retards ITT thinking fasting means your body is going to devour your heart

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
>>
>>37085472
Based on what? your feelings? lmfao
>>
File: IMG_0980[1].jpg (984KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980[1].jpg
984KB, 2448x2448px
>>37080932
if you're 131 why do you still look fat?
are you really short?
i'm 6'2 and 154
>sucking in gut
>>
File: IMG_0981[1].jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981[1].jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>37087378
>not full pic but not sucking in gut
>>
>water fast over psmf

Don't go full skelly lads. Retain as much muscle as possible.
>>
as a 5'7 guy is there really no hope? no normal gay is shorter than me either. how the fuck am i supposed to find a bottom willing to fuck someone shorter than them
>>
>>37080932
>Left: comfy, cuddly chub with a thick, fluffy beard
>Right: icky, average numale with thinning, patchy facial hair
I will never get normies' shit-tier tastes.
>>
>>37088852
this
I'd take the qt belly any day
>>
>>37085472
First thing that came to my head was Karl Pilkington reading that.
>>
>>37080932
Looked better before tbhwithyou
>>
I'd fast if I weren't working 9 hours per day standing and walking around (fast food job). The lowest I can go with calories is somewhere around 700-800kcal, anything below that fucks me up hard.
>>
>>37082958
holy shit thats some shitty advice right there
>1.5k calories
>steady state cardio
>1 FUCKING HOUR

>>37081847
here's what to do
>start out by eating 2300 calories
>eat this many calories as long as you can keep losing weight each week
>add one day of cardio each week
>when you are up 3 days of cardio a week and cant lose any more weight, decrease calories by 200
>cant lose more weight at 3 days and 2100 calories, then up it to 4 days
>from now on decrease your calories by 200 every single week that you havent seen a decrease in weight loss

this ladi... wait, this gentlemen, is how you lose weight and doesnt stall
>>
I'm builtfat so I debate whether weightloss is a good thing for my strength. I'll fuck back to >>>/fit/ now
>>
notice there's no loose skin at all, I've heard fasting is good for ending up with good normal skin not flaps. idk where I heard it though maybe ronda patrick on joe rogan show.
>>
>>37080932
I don't think it's healthy to lose 100 pounds per month
>>
>>37080964
It's objectively better to be thin and temporarily injured than to be fat and unharmed
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37080932
>>37081109

The difference is that fatties immediately go back to eating bags of cheese and fried salt because they never taught themselves healthy eating habits.

The only two things that they know
>eat bags of cheese like a pig
>fucking starve

Diet and exercise is always the way to go.
>>
>>37081155
More like kinosis
>>
>>37090301
fallacious argument, stupid people are going to be stupid no matter what they do. if someone does something retarded like that it's entirely their fault and has nothing to do with fasting
>>
>>37090448
I feel like retards who try this fad "diet" are also the same kind of retards who go back to eating copious amounts of junk food almost immediately.
>>
>>37090595
most of the lard asses on that tv show "the biggest loser" lost all of their weight through diet and exercise and they ended up ballooning back to their original weight. some people are just fat assholes at heart
>>
>>37090630
>lost all of their weight through diet and exercise

Not quite, they're fed methamphetamines and other drugs
>>
>>37090704
none of which would make any difference if they werent eating at a calorie deficit and exercising

weight loss drugs in general are a scam, there are plenty of fat soccer moms who buy them and get nowhere because they continue eating like shit
>>
>>37090448
Most people ARE stupid.

The only way that they can really learn something is through drilling and repetition, like Pavlov's dog. That's why a steady regime of diet and exercise is going to stick with them and work, unlike a meme fasting. You can't break lifelong habits overnight,
>>
>>37090759
alright then, i'll be sure to include in my copy paste:

IF YOU ARE STUPID, DISREGARD THIS

happy?
>>
jesus christ I bet all you whiny fucks can't go 10 hours without eating before crying that your starving. it is obviously very effective, his body appears very healthy and it was doctor supervised.
>>
>>37090800
No.

Include something like.

TRY HEALTHIER METHODS OF LOSING WEIGHT FIRST
>>
>>37090901
who says it's unhealthy? can you provide evidence or examples of this damaging people?
>>
>>37090901
like what, intermittent fasting?
>>
why would i starve myself when eating less and exercising is easy but also allows me to gain and maintain muscle, not to mention doesn't deprive every organ in my body of nutrients.

you retards claim to be smart, but unless you're an athlete, keeping your brain functioning takes up a large part of your daily calories. your brain needs more than fat to function properly. not to mention, simply GETTING OUT and EXERCISING a few times a week will increase your brain function, in addition to a host of other health benefits.

you don't have to be lazy about fat loss too, you sacks of shit. if your only goal is to ((lose weight)) then you probably shouldn't bother to begin with because you're already failing
>>
>>37087580
Yeah fuck that. I'd rather be fat than be a skele. I wouldn't feel like any sort of a man at all if I ever weighed less than 180lbs.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.