[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 24-28 too old to fit in in university?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1492525272326.jpg (139KB, 833x632px) Image search: [Google]
1492525272326.jpg
139KB, 833x632px
Is 24-28 too old to fit in in university?
>>
>>37074106
i'll let you know when i find out.
if i get accepted.

though the people i talked to that one time i ended up shitfaced at a liberal arts university said it was cool. just don't be a creep about it. oh and if you're alt right or some gay shit you'll never fit in anyway so don't even worry.
>>
>>37074106
Nobody will be able to tell, dude. I've seen people who were in their late 20s and had no idea until they said so.
>>
>>37074173
Would living in the dorms be a bad idea?
I'm 20 now but enlisting for tuition since my life isn't going anywhere.
>>
yes but fuck it, I'm there to get a degree so I can get a real job, not to fit in ;~;
>>
>>37074305
are you sure it isn't just you being an autismo faggot?
>>
>>37074426
where do you think we are

gjgjhg
>>
>>37074106

I see people every day ranging in age from 18-30. Currently 23 going after a 2nd degree.
>>
>>37074305
what's it like for you, robot?
>>
>>37074510
Better than retail cucking.
>>
>>37074543
your major, please?
>>
>>37074106
I don't think 24 would be too old but 28 is definitely old. But then again, depends on the uni culture in your country too I guess. I'm 29 and I definitely notice I just can't click with 20-24 year olds.
>>
>>37074106

Kinda

But, you wouldn't have fit in at 18 either
>>
>>37074559
I don't want to post it because I know for a fact i'll get memed on and I'm tired of doubting myself. It's STEM tho.
>>
>>37074106
There are a bunch of people that age in university. Mid-20s can easily be mistaken for early 20s just by virtue of being at a university.
>>
>>37074603
Cool, I was a CS major too.
>>
>>37074106
I'll probably get into uni by the time I'm like 33 years old.

but it seems like whole issue of fitting wouldn't have much to do with how old your are but really about being a robot.
>>
>>37074106
no, not at all. a lot of architecture or medicine students are that age since they take years out in between bachelors and masters degrees. you'll probably not fit in as much with the 18-year-old freshers but join one of the interest clubs and you'll be fine.

t. 23 year-old architecture student
>>
File: 1438034710533.jpg (172KB, 588x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438034710533.jpg
172KB, 588x1000px
>>37074106
Not really anon. You will be older than most other students, but there are some students around that are your age.

I'm 25 and in uni right now, I'll be 27 by the time I graduate. I don't fit in, not really because of my age, but because I'm an autismal robot. I do feel an age gap with a lot of students, especialyl younger ones and freshman. A lot of them have never worked or participated in real life. All they know is school. First high school, then college, so they have weird views on some things. I also don't live on or near campus, I commute to school.

I don't give a fuck, though. I'm not there to make friends or LOLPARTY or whatever. I'm there for a degree. If you're at all competent with socializing and can make friends elsewhere you will be fine at uni. College kids are honestly fucking stupid and it should be very easy to impress them or seem cool or intimidate or whatever else you want to do. You are a fully grown adult, they are still children for the most part. Just don't be an autistic fuckup creep.
>>
>>37074106
A 54yo graduated with me and everyone loved him. As for fucking girls? Maybe, yeah, especially if you're american since they have that weird university culture.
Truth is you'll never truly fit in even if you get in a class full of people your age so it's fine.
>>
>>37074106
One of my classes last semester had a woman who looked like she was in her 40s at least and nobody batted an eye

Maybe "fit in" is not wholly appropriate but I'd think the majority of people wouldn't give a damn
>>
>>37074249
Why not try the national guard or the reserves?
>>
>>37074954
I need to get away from my family.
>>
>>37074153
I'm waiting to get accepted to (at 24). Just waiting for admissions to get all my shit together. I turned everything in. It's stressing me out to not hear back from them because I need to schedule these classes and shit and it's already May 16
>>
22yo engineering student here
We have plenty of mature age students well into their 30s or even 40s who get along fine with everyone. I remember one guy who used to drop his kid off at the daycare on campus in the morning, go to class, then pick her up after. You really get all types at uni, not sure about college though
>>
>>37074249

Living in the dorms sucks so much dick. If you have a car an off campus apartment will cost about as much.

Downsides to dorms:
- Room mates
- Floor mates
- Noise
- RAs are dickholes
- If you don't fit in it will be 1000x worse because you have to live within shouting distance of them

Most colleges force freshmen to live in the dorms but you may be able to get out of it by being old
>>
>>37074106
28 year old here, going back to study mechanical engineering in the fall (already have a BA degree, want to get something better). People always think I'm like 19-20 since I'm skinny and can't grow facial hair so I think I'll fit in. But for the most part, college students don't really care if there's someone older in the class.
>>
you're never too old to go to community college

t. cc graduate
>>
File: Cool_Cool_Toon_Cover.jpg (18KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Cool_Cool_Toon_Cover.jpg
18KB, 316x316px
It depends on the University.

I'm 32. I first went to Community College from 2000-2002 and got a Computer Information Systems AA degree. Worked in the field making great money until the recession killed the field and I got stuck working in finance from 2009-2012. I had a nervous breakdown, alcoholism, all that shit. Decided to go back to school. I went back to Community College, got a degree in Counseling for Addiction issues and did so well that I got full rides to local state Universities (also had pell grant money that I didn't use my first time in college).

I checked out a few local universities that offered me full-rides and made sure to pick the college that had the highest median age and was most friendly to non-traditional students. They didn't require any language classes or other bullshit like required physical education credits. Seriously, one of the Universities told me I would have had to take a 3 credit physical education/gym class. I'm reasonably fit (I do cardio biking running and swimming 3-5 times a week) but fuck if I am going to be a 32 year old guy with a bunch of 17-19 year olds in a gym class.

I just got done my junior year and made friends even though most were in their early 20's. It's fun and it's cool seeing how the younger millenial generation sees various issues. They know I'm older (I told them up front) and respect what I'm trying to do. Some are Ultra-Left-wing loons but are good people at heart.

Holy shit the pronoun thing though with trans-students...I just CANNOT win with that shit, it's like another language it just doesn't work to say "them" grammatically

Anyway, I'll finish up the undergrad and then go to grad school where age is all over the place (the University I go to doesn't have the grad program I want).

This is the happiest I have ever been in my life.
>>
>>37074106
Are you a hipster? Are you a turbo-progressive Bernie 2016er? Are you a Resist/Never Drumpfer? Then no, you'll fit in fine.
>>
>>37074106
No. Especially if you don't look like an old guy already (balding, dark circles, gray hairs, etc.). More and more people are taking longer to graduate, drop-out and then re-enter, etc. I graduated as a wizard, and no one would guess that I was beyond 26.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.