[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here with psychotic depression ever tried Abilify? My

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1403665249208.jpg (135KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
1403665249208.jpg
135KB, 500x533px
Anyone here with psychotic depression ever tried Abilify? My psychiatrist prescribed it to me alone without an additional anti-depressant so I'm kinda curious how effective it will be.

Also talk about any meds you're taking just to keep the thread alive.
>>
*spreads ur buttcheeks*
*whiffs*
>>
File: IMG_1099.gif (2MB, 429x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1099.gif
2MB, 429x390px
>>37066727
I'm currently on Abilify. Let me just say it does its job, it does it well at that.
>>
>>37066825
Nikocchi?
is that you
>>
>>37066727
Abilify's wonderful
Made me nauseous, vomit, restless and even made me piss myself.
Enjoy
>>
File: IMG_1100.png (360KB, 763x1047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1100.png
360KB, 763x1047px
>>37066873
Hmmm? Hehe, no. Not at all. You must have me mistaken with another Nicoposter. Yeah, that's it.
>>
>>37066825
That could mean a lot of things. Does it make you feel like a zombie or are your emotions just more levelled out and normalized?
>>
I remember hating it, but it's all fuzzy now.
I don't think I hated it because it didn't work. honestly...
For me the trade was hypomania and some intrusive thoughts for queasiness, headache, fatigue, louder ringing, worsening dissociative states and wanting to eat a bullet every second of every day.
On the positive side: I was more productive, more able to interact with mentally stable people, and better at meeting obligations/leaving my bedroom; but, I still wouldn't do it again.
I hate most medications that "normie" me. It's unfortunate, but to me the sanity and stability aren't worth the squeeze.
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (73KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
73KB, 515x515px
>>37067017
Well naturally I don't have emotions above surface level, or at the least they can be limited. Abilify makes me feel things I've never felt prior. Keeps me in balance I suppose, I don't feel like a zombie. I feel truly alive.
>>
Most anti-depressants take a month or so to get in full swing. So don't take it for a few days and then get disappointed if it doesn't work right away. It's important to stay consistent. Furthermore there's no magic pill that will just fix your problems, you need good coping mechanisms and probably therapy to help with depression.
>>
I want to cum on Ritsu's forehead.
>>
File: 1483489509837.png (91KB, 214x277px) Image search: [Google]
1483489509837.png
91KB, 214x277px
>>37067061
I feel like I shouldn't have been prescribed Abilify. I was under extreme stress at the time and it triggered a psychotic episode, the first one in my life, and after 10 days or so it pretty much passed so I don't think it was because of depression, although sometimes over the last year I have felt that psychotic feeling like I did in the psychotic episode but it was isolated to one day and then it'd go away for a month and then happen again for a day.

>>37067099
I'm naturally really emotional so maybe it'll flatten me out.
>>
File: 1494640525582s.jpg (11KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494640525582s.jpg
11KB, 225x250px
>>37067194
>I feel like I shouldn't have been prescribed Abilify.
I felt that way too, seems like it's just a high markup shill product desudesu. The main reason that it "worked" for me was general sedation at a time when I was too agitated for living. More benzos or opiates or drinking would all have met the purpose.
I hate this all so much. Everyone else is the problem.
>>
>>37066727
Abilify is a neuroleptic. They always cause side-effects and stuff. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>37067260
Well I don't ever want to be psychotic again because the chances of me killing myself or someone else is definitely a lot higher during them. I know I'm a big part of the problem because of all the delusions they make me experience.
>>
>>37067194
What was the stressful situation and what was the psychotic episode like?
>>
>>37067413
Sure, on some level, that's true. Even I know that it would be "better for me" to have increased stasis.
On another level, why bother to keep living as a neutered shell? I'm not arguing that life is good, but everything is a lot sharper. To me, it's terrible living in the mist. Worst case, there's always the eject button.
>>
>>37067521
>What was the stressful situation
Thought my friend was going to kill himself
>what was the psychotic episode like?
Turned me gay, not even joking. Also absolute extreme paranoia, spent all day shaking uncontrollably, some derealization/depersonalization, some visual and auditory hallucinations, delusions like thinking my friend wanted me to kill this one girl he knows, felt like time was seriously distorted the whole time too and it's hard to remember more than that but it was absolutely the worst experience in my entire life.
>>
>>37067671
Wow, that's really interesting. I have a history of mental illness, but no experience with psychosis
Are you still gay for your friend or was the feeling limited to the psychotic episode?
>>
>>37067739
Yes I'm still gay for my friend but it went from obsessive during the episode to now just a more healthy kind of love and fondness for him.
>>
>>37067804
Does your friend like you back? The psychotic episode might have been a blessing in disguise if it helped you realize your true feelings
>>
I got abilify to try and make my Prozac work better but it made me feel like ants were crawling through my veins. It was weird and very not pleasant.
>>
>>37067851
>Does your friend like you back?
It's complicated.

I just want to make him happy, or, for him to be happy, whether that's in a relationship with me or not. Of course I think I could make him happy but that's up to him whether he wants that or not. Time will tell.
>>
File: 1486080184726.jpg (13KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
1486080184726.jpg
13KB, 236x245px
>>37067194
Could be dissociation with the whole day thing. If you don't feel like the Abilify is helping then don't take it.

Been there before. We can talk about it privately if that is easier.
>>
>>37067915
Yeah there's definitely dissociation when that happens. Also makes me feel really animalistic and I have uncontrollable body movements and just feel generally out of control.

Haven't actually tried the Abilify yet because I need my insurance card to come in the mail before I pick it up. Shit's expensive.
>>
>>37067914
Good luck with your friend! Walk up to him and kiss him on the lips to get him off the fence
>>
>>37068018
Oh okay. Starting it if you feel fine probably isn't a good idea.

It's a shame they didn't just give you an antidepressant.
>>
>>37066727
have bipolar disorder and have been on abilify

it is far better than olanzapine/zyprexa in terms of zombification

in terms of delusions (mania/mixed episodes can do this for me) it's ok. Problem is my illness works differently,

Lithium is far better at controlling delusions/psychotic stuff as it stabilises my mood whereas for you an antipsychotic would work better (most antipsychs are also mood stabilisers but not all mood stabilisers are antipsychs)

am on lithium obviously. The regular blood tests got me over my fear of needles, and the side effects aren't too bad apart from if I get dehydrated (=tremors, possible lithium toxicity from getting too high in my blood)

also on low doses of pregabalin & venlafaxine. Not sure they work but going through venlafaxine withdrawal might really fuck me up at my
>9 months after break-up only just hiitting me
stage
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.