[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to China

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 001-CN1205N-0083_l.jpg (117KB, 952x634px) Image search: [Google]
001-CN1205N-0083_l.jpg
117KB, 952x634px
Hello robots,

This September I will be moving to China (Shanghai) to study for the next 2 years. I`ve never been to China before and don`t really know what to expect.
Maybe any of you guys have visited or lived in Shanghai or China before ? What were your experiences ?
Do you think a simple robot can survive there ?
>>
>>37066178
Extremely noisy, horrible pollution, invidualism doesn't exist, the people are extreme greedy and horrible. You'll hate it, people everywhere, too many fucking people, everyone looks the same
>>
>>37066178
Look up ADVchina, laowhy86 and serpentZA on youtube.

Tons of videos about china.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Dh2gFX4Mg

Watch a bunch of these guys videos. They are cool lads who have varied views on China, its history, the current state of it, and how to live as a foreigners.

ALSO COOL MOTORCYCLES WROOM WROOM
>>
>>37066178
I grew up in Shanghai and lived there for almost 2 decades. Most major metropolises around the world have pretty similar life styles, so if you've ever lived in somewhere like London or NYC you won't feel too out of place. Language would be an issue, so learn it asap. In general, people are pretty nice, pollution is bad but getting better, and there's a decent amount of interesting things to do. You can add me on discord if you want and I can help you out more.
>>
File: 29958_1272203232693_full.jpg (115KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
29958_1272203232693_full.jpg
115KB, 692x530px
>>37066178
It's like living with Ferengi
>>
>>37066178
Buy an overcoat, 1990s sunglasses, and wear that at night in some crowded district, pretend you live in a neo-noir cyberpunk dystopia, let the chinese laugh at you like a retard.

I'd do that desu. And learn some polite words & stuff, given I take it the classes will be in english.
>>
>>37066178
Chang here, buy a bunch of well made modern gas masks as well as as many filters as you can fit into your suitcase. Don't buy the shitty mouth/nose only masks, buy the ones that cover your entire face. Air pollution is no joke in china. When it's fine, it's normal, but on bad days you either use a mask or you get incredibly ill, no joke.

I hope you know chinese, otherwise stick with chinese people who know english. Because of the massive population in china you have a ton of everything, including crazy people. A lot of areas in china will be fine, but beware of bad areas just as you would everywhere else. If you go around china you'll see all kinds of scammers, conmen, etc. Also never get involved with drugs, it's the death penalty if you get caught in most cases. Honestly you should build connections with people that have relatives higher up in the political or military system. Chances are, if you need to get anything done you'll need their help, on top of money. Money talks in China, but having a connection to someone with rank and prestige will make your life much easier.

China isn't that bad of a place provided you avoid bad areas, ask any locals while you're there and they'll probably be happy to help.
>>
>>37066178

Enjoy your asthma
>>
>>37066312
Thanks man , I`ll have to look into their videos.
>>37066625
Sure man , that would be great , discord name ?
>>37066693
Idk anon, maybe chinese won`t be so judgemental as normies in the west ?>>37066855
You mean like a normal gas mask (pic related) ?
Currently I don`t speak any chinese but my first year there will be dedicated to language and culture courses.
Any advices on making connections ? Know that women there don`t have that much power so I guess I won`t need to interact with them, but how do I go along when it comes to befriending a chinese guy ?
>>
>>37067183
>Befriending a foreigner
kek, have fun when you have an accident and no one helps you because that means they are responsible for you.
The Chinese are among the ranks of Jews when it comes to such things, especially business.
>>
don't be surprised when your asshole is on fire for a month from shitting so much due to the disgusting food
>>
>>37066217
Let me guess, the only time you were ever were in China was as a tourist
>>
>>37067183
My discord is #0056

>>37066855
Second getting a mask, though getting a military grade gas mask is way overkill, and you'd look like a freak. A quality civilian mask would be suffice. One of those with a filter.

I don't know where dubs man live, but Shanghai is honestly the safest place I've ever been to--far safer than any western city and comparable to Tokyo. I've never even heard anybody I know get pick-pocketed.

And yes, in China connections mean a lot, but I assume you're just an average guy trying to make his way. "Try to befriend some people well-connected politically in China" has as much practicality as saying "you should go to DC and try to befriend some senators."
>>
>>37066178
>shanghai
>not moving to Guangzhou
your grandparents will be most disappointed anon
>>
>>37066178
I went there to bang this wow gold farmer no joke either, I was bored had money she had a place to stay, anyhow if your white and american EVERYONE will assume you are rich, watch out for robbers thugs kidnappers etc stick to good areas, pollution is just terrible I hope you dont have asthma the food is good most people were friendly but I was with a native there and I did get lots of stink eye from the locals.. its a very busy city and you could and Ive seen it get hit by a car and no one gives a shit just walk by so dont expect help also I cant say enough how filthy the streets are umm art mueseum and some cool temples but I was glad I left..
>>
>>37068663
nice try chinese travel agent
>>
>>37068663
My sides a gold farmer serious?
>>
I did an internship in Guangzhou and visited Shanghai for a weekend. If you're white it'll probably be pretty fun and you'll probably get some attention from cute girls
>>
>>37068744
Umm ok lol

>>37068793
Yes dead serious
>>
>>37068866
Can they tell you're an autist or does the language/culture barrier help?
>>
>>37068970
It definitely helps. Many Chinese girls are a little weird themselves from a western perspective though
>>
>>37068866
Did you get approached by any chinese girls ?
>>
>>37069130
Only a few times at a bar. Otherwise they are often too shy and will only smile at you.. and their english is often not good. After a while I installed tantan (chinese tinder) and found enough courage to ask them out myself
>>
That water is brown
>>
>>37068424
Can`t add u, could you just please add me ?
Cx#5192
>>37068465
Why so ?
>>37068663
I`m white but not american, is being white really that big of a deal ? Isn`t Shanghai really international ?
Well my university is in Pudong district, hope that`s a nice place.
>>
File: cn.gif (356B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
cn.gif
356B, 16x11px
>>37066178
Most of the bad shit is politics and population based. Your internet might be spastic and monitored and the crowds are absolute ass. Other than that if you have a job more advanced than sweatshop worker you can life a comfy life. Also most of the people are kinda nice, if a bit annoying.

I used to be Chinese, I lived in Nanking until I was sixteen.
>>
Guy from >>37069433 here with one more tip.
Don't watch this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTKyui4RPw
He is mostly full of shit and doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>37069209
Were they cute ? Have you had any luck with them or are they very traditional when it comes to sex ?
>>
>>37066178
I've visited all across China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Harbin, Gulin, Langhsuo, etc).

What do you want to know?
>>
File: cina mandaring 4.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
cina mandaring 4.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
read pic related anon,earn from this fellers mistake
>>
>>37066178
From what I've seen of China here on the internet I'd advise you to keep your eyes up and don't get distracted while out in public. You can get run over while walking across the road, in the road, on the side of the road, on the sidewalk, in a park, in a cafe, in a convenience store, in a parking lot, etc. Also, you can get stabbed, robbed, spit on, anything really, just by looking at someone the wrong way. Also, don't walk under anything that looks like it will kill you if it fails in any way. Air conditioners, big billboards, helicopters, multilevel parking garages with possibly weak walls, etc.
>>
>>37066217
That sounds like California. Commies ruin everything.
>>
>>37069500
here is your 50 cents enjoy it
>>
File: escalator.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
escalator.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Avoid escalators and elevators whenever possible
>>
>>37069903
Can any other anon support this? Is this really what China is like?
>>
>>37069433
Well I`m not really into politics and don`t go out too much so I guess thats won`t be too much of a problem to me.
>>37069714
Is it true that if you`re white you still are treated diffrently? Or did they finally get used to the foreigners ?
Have you lived there or just travelled ?
>>37070182
>>37070314
Yeah, I saw some fucked up shit from China when it comes to elevators and car accidents, I`m just hoping that I will be able to find an apartment on the 2nd or the 3rd floor and avoid escalators like death.
>>
>>37070441
Most Chinese people are evil, non empathetic jackasses
>>
>>37069903
>>37070441
I grew up in China.

I believe what he says about business. Chinese people really are quite miserable to deal with in respect to business. I can imagine it being really shitty living in China if you're not reasonably wealthy too.

That said, China's a good place to live and an absolutely amazing place to do business if you're upper-middle/upper class: extremely low taxes, and the glories of 0 capital gains tax.
>>
literal worst place in the world

first of all, they have an enormous superiority complex over the rest of the world. They think they are the superior culture to every other culture, they are really walled off and actively dislike every other culture. They really, REALLY dislike new ideas, creativity, or something that's not tried-and-true. Of the things that are imported, they will try to make it as "chinese" as they can.

For example I just wanted some plain old Italian food or a steak. They scoffed at the idea of that and went on explaining how Chinese food is so immensely superior in every way and how no one there eats "foreign food" because Chinese food is just so varied and delicious. Then the food I got was disgusting pan-fried greasy low-quality oil meat served over rice. I lost something like 20 lbs in China.
Then they might import something like Crepes, but it's not real crepes. It's "their interpretation of crepes", which is (guess what?) disgusting greasy pan-fried meat on a ricey tasting pancake.

Also the women there are unfathomably unattractive. Like holy shit. You can't even tell what gender someone is until they're 21 years old.
>>
>>37070182
>Also, you can get stabbed, robbed, spit on, anything really, just by looking at someone the wrong way

This is not true in the slightest. The most that will happen to you is a racist remark by some chink who is having a bad day. China is an extremely safe country with the exception of shitty building standards.

>>37070551
>Is it true that if you`re white you still are treated diffrently?
They will definitely treat you differently. Don't expect to get a fair deal at any stall/market, they will charge you 5x+ more the normal price. Just go to proper shops with price tags (bartering in shops is not accepted nowdays). Women think european men are more romantic to a degree, just stereotypical shit like that.

>Or did they finally get used to the foreigners ?
They're use to them as they see a lot, but they still have stereotypes and will treat you differently. Expect them to talk trash infront of you in Chinese because they assume you dont know the language etc.

I don't know where you're from but expect a lot more security. You'll see armed guards with huge rifles filling ATMs quite often. Security check points everywhere (especially so in western China where terrorism is a problem).

>Have you lived there or just travelled ?
I lived in Shanghai for 8 years as a proprietary trader. Other cities spent around 3-12 months in each.

>>37070891
This post is basically all bullshit. You can disregard it. I can say with certainty he's never been to China.
>>
>>37070551
>>37070942
Also forgot to add always take official taxis and make sure they either start the meter or agree on a price before hand. Otherwise they will try to scam you because you're a foreigner. Standard taxi rate from Shanghai airport to city is about 40-50 RMB iirc, guy tried to charge me 200.

You don't need to take a taxi in Shanghai fortunately. Take maglev train to city, then there's a subway station fairly close by I think.

But yeah be careful with taxi scammers.
>>
>>37069674
>>>37069903
Some were cute. The ones I met were not very traditional.. Makes you feel like you are not a robot for a while
>>
>>37071063
meant to only quote

>>37069674
>>
>>37071063
There are some real qts in China, like amazingly cute. Only problem is they suck in bed. Don't try anything different.
>>
>>37066178
Expect seeing kids shitting everywhere like dogs.
>>
>>37071124
I saw this once having lived there 10 years, and it was in Chengdu (South West China), not Shanghai. Again, it's really not that common.
>>
>>37071124
kek

There was some drama between Hong Kong and the mainland because some mainland tourists had their kids just take a shit on the deck of a cruise boat that they were on. something like that, I'll try to find the article
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>37071230
close but not quite

http://www.scmp.com/news/china-insider/article/1494356/hongkongers-clash-mainland-parents-after-allow-two-year-old

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1496617/bring-your-children-pee-hong-kong-mainlander-starts-campaign-after
>>
>>37070942
Do you think it`s possible to get something like a part time job in Shanghai ? From what I`ve heard you have quite a lot of free time when you are studying there and wanted to know if it`s possible to earn some side cash. I`ve heard about english teaching but I`m not native speaker so idk if it`s possible for me.
>>
>>37071095
Is training a possibility ? Are they really submissive or is this myth about asian women just bullshit ?
>>
>>37070783
Isn`t it illegal to have a company there if you`re not a chinese citizen ?
>>
File: disgusted-shock-face-7783281.jpg (66KB, 1300x884px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-shock-face-7783281.jpg
66KB, 1300x884px
>>37070314
Jesus fucking Christ, did that women just get eaten by an escalator?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.