[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

File: 57b.jpg (705KB, 800x7200px) Image search: [Google]
57b.jpg
705KB, 800x7200px
Why did 4chan suddenly get christfags on all boards? I emmidiately think less of a person if they are religious, anyone else?
Call me a fedora tipper, but nobody in my circle of friends is really religious, going to church seems alien to me, do americans really do that?
>>
A lot of strong intelligent people are religious, their faith and conviction makes me doubt my own beliefs desu.

Deep down I do have that feeling like they are idiots for having so much faith in something so outlandish though. I think people who have kids are just as crazy though.
>>
>>37061660
God is less outlandish than believing everything that exists just randomly came to be like some cosmic accident. That's pure madness but it doesn't seem odd to you because people have been telling you that all your life.
>>
File: OPisphaggot.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
OPisphaggot.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>37061616

It's because faith has a placebo effect. Sometimes when you pray you give yourself a morale boost to accomplish the things you were praying to god about.

Also I doubt that most christians take the bible literally word for word and use it more as an interpretation.

Also believing in a higher power gives meaning to this otherwise meaningless life.
>>
>>37061692
That's your opinion. I personally feel like the existence of God is the extraordinary argument to make in this case, especially when there's nothing that shows that our current universe couldn't have simply come about completley naturalistically.
>>
File: Alan-Watts.jpg (1MB, 2267x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Watts.jpg
1MB, 2267x1588px
Let people believe in whatever they want so long as it doesn't negatively affect others.

It's all the same thing.
>>
File: 1494510253907.jpg (69KB, 632x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494510253907.jpg
69KB, 632x640px
>>37061692
>That's pure madness but it doesn't seem odd to you because people have been telling you that all your life.
My parents took me to church every sunday when I was a child, so no.

>God is less outlandish than believing everything that exists just randomly came to be like some cosmic accident.

So how did god come to be? What is so outlandish about the universe not having a creator? Saying "god did it!" moves the questions of the universe into something abstract, a cheap cop-out. it's a sign of a weak mind friendo.
>>
This website is mostly stupid Americans so what do you expect? I honestly find it comforting to know most people on this site are religious though. Whenever some idiot starts arguing with me or disagreeing with my opinions I just remember that they're statistically likely to also be religious and it makes it super easy to just disregard everything they say, like talking to a child.
>>
>>37061829
>My parents took me to church every sunday when I was a child
>Proceeds to completely misunderstand what god is and how the Christian system works

Helps if you pay attention in church mate.
>>
>>37061616
/pol/ caused a massive influx of right-wing Americans, who are almost without exception devout Christians.

American politics is pretty much Protestants vs. everybody else.
>>
>>37061616
When did the world suddenly become gay? Hardly anyone our age is religious and so traditional values is starting to becone counter culture. That's not too bad either since things are tradition for a reason whether you believe in God or not.
>>
File: wwjs.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
wwjs.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>37061616
Because of /pol/. Let me tell you how it went.
>/pol/ fosters stormfags
>starts regular rants about degeneracy
>fedora tipping meme becomes alive
>atheism added to list of degenerates
>hate jews
>hate muslims
>hate niggers
>hate lefties
>hate atheists
>what's left?
>christianity
>nazis were christians
>/pol/ was right DEUS VULT

Also daily reminder /pol/ is modern 4chan.
>>
>>37061616
>space is large therefore nothing matters

Dumb meme
>>
We all need something to believe in to keep us going, i thought that r9k of all boards would understand this.
>>
>>37062615
What you care about every single cell inside your body?
>>
>>37061734
>nothing to suggest our universe didn't just come from nothing....
the only guy i have seen try to suggest it just came from nothing basically just did so by misrepresenting science and he got BTFO'd by his colleges for being a lying rat.
>>
>>37062592
>>What's left?

How about the real religion of their European forebears and not a death worshipping cult from the desert? Christianity is the greatest genocidal force to have ever hit Europe.
>>
>>37061692
Uniiverse from nothing still sounds more likely than intelligent, omnipotent being from nothing.
>>
>>37062719
Neo-pagans are often leftists.
>>
File: 1474675036695.jpg (92KB, 957x678px) Image search: [Google]
1474675036695.jpg
92KB, 957x678px
>>37061616
>emmidiately
>>
File: IMG_9532.jpg (195KB, 750x856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9532.jpg
195KB, 750x856px
personally i was a christian until about freshman year.

my first doubt was in third grade when i heard a kid named Matthew use gods name in vain, and i called him out for it.

he proceeded to say "oh yeah? GOD GOD GOD GOD oh look nothing's happening!" i blew it off but a couple more things like this kept happening on and off for a couple years

high school comes along and freshmen year i'm in a speech and debate class, and the people
there are al seniors and juniors. plus they're all fucking geniuses, and also atheists (and a couple agnostics)

there was only like 14 people in the class so we all knew each other well, and religion came up often. they all thought the same way i did and that's how i figured out that i wasn't the only one who thought it was all a crock of horseshit.

I'm an atheist, however i don't really give a shit about what the next guy thinks, but i do catch myself unconsciously judging people who are religious. i wish i didn't, but i just do. My circle of friends are also all atheist and one agnostic, so we think alike.

wouldn't dare tell my parents though.
>>
>>37061660
Yea and 4chan is full of strong intelligent people as we all know
>>
>>37061616
>emmidiately

I immediately think less of a person when they can't spell basic words, even though they're typing on phones/computers and have the aid of spell check.
>>
It went along with the whole alt right race warrior bullshit. I'm a Christian myself but I'm not into any of that. I'm more of a leftist myself. Think about it this way, 4chan has always been edgy and rebellious. In George W. Bush's America being an atheist was just that. During the Obama presidency that shift that happened here was allowed to take place because social conservatives were the new pariahs. What comes next? Who knows. I can't wait for that cancerous kek shit to fuck off though.
>>
>>37062931
>>37062931
I immediately think less of a person when they act like fucking superiors even though they browse 4chan.
>>
>>37063018
>everything that happens on an international website is because of US politics
>>
>>37061616
>the universe is weally weally big! xD
>Christian theology is all about not masturbating! xD
Godless cucks are so silly.
>>
>>37063051
Eurofaggotry has a role to play in this too. It's more minor though because the states of the EU are culturally fragmented. It's kinda like how you people get butthurt on /vr/ when we ignore your computer games to gush over Japanese consoles. Yeah we know, you exist.
>>
>>37063018
Anyway I want to share this article. I think it's relevant to what I'm saying:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/his-kampf/524505/

There's a lot mentioned about religion and it's relationship with the white identity crap. I think it's just a case of people filling the void left by religion with another set of dogmatic beliefs. Oftentimes seeing taking up religion as a way to strengthen them.
>>
File: 1483483327195.jpg (9KB, 199x130px) Image search: [Google]
1483483327195.jpg
9KB, 199x130px
>>37061616
Okay. Dive yourself into perversion and go nowhere as a failed species. Pathetic.
>>
File: pol.png (90KB, 1384x1078px) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
90KB, 1384x1078px
>>37062719
Yeah /pol/ went through that phase too.
>>
>>37061782
But religion negatively affects tons of people desu
>>
Because Atheists started getting annoying with their hollier than thou shit.
>>
File: IMG_9557.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_9557.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>37061782
>as long as it never affects others
>tfw more people have been killed in the name of religion than any war ever
>>
4chan isn't really even that christ-fag, it's just a reaction to all of the fucking atheist "INTELLECTUALS"
who think they are genius for not believing in dog.
>>
4chan suddenly got Christfags because a lot of the atheists grew out of their teen years and became adults. Not saying being an atheist is immature, I'm saying they were atheists because they were in a rebellious phase.

Also most people are atheist towards protestant christianity, which I totally can see why.
>>
File: 4chanmememes.png (93KB, 1212x509px) Image search: [Google]
4chanmememes.png
93KB, 1212x509px
>>37063643
> Do you think there is anything in the box?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.