[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your father like? A strong role model? Or a bad example?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

What is your father like?

A strong role model? Or a bad example?
>>
>>37059986
When he was alive, he seemed like the coolest dude and greatest father. Mother has never mentioned any fights, no conflict, nothing. He was great with cars and bikes, a true working man, and I would have turned out probably normal if he didn't crash his truck into a pole. I try to do stuff to honor him as best as I can, I wear his old jewelry, I wear his old coats, I keep his surviving belongings in good shape. He was a pretty reckless bastard, lead foot, almost died once before in a motorcycle crash. I wish I got to know him better, but I was only four when he died.
>>
These past few years made me realize a bit of what he went through
>>
Fought in his home countries civil war (salvadorian) came here very young with ptsd made a life for himself had me went into the american military came back and has a nice life with my step mother. Hes strict as can be but hes the best man i know.
>>
>>37059986

I never met the guy, he got lucky tho, he can't see the mess i have became.
>>
he is having an absolutely shit go of life rn, and i understand that, but he just takes it out on my grandfather and I. he also has something wrong in his brain, and we arent sure what the lump is yet but its causing him mood swings, so that sucks.
>>
>>37059986
My genetic father is a numale piece of shit who ditched my birth mom after forcing her to give me away. My adoptive father is a fat, short, whiney man. I suspect he has low testosterone, due to his voice. He talks so loud. I can hear him wherever I am in the house. Thank god I'm moving out soon.
>>
>>37059986
He's a cool guy. Works a 9-5, worked his way up to CEO of his company, started a business on the side too. He's good at hiding his stress and feelings though. It's strange seeing someone like him cry. He only ever drinks beer. I can tell he wants to connect with me and my brothers more, but we just aren't those types of people. It doesn't take a detective to know it saddens him deeply. I wish I was a better son, god knows he deserves it. I remember when I was younger, he'd come home drunk, but he never hurt us in any way. He'd come home and tell us all how much he loved us. Again and again. I hope I'm half the man he is.
>>
>>37059986
A good, hard-working person, but also an autist. Never knew how to talk with me, but told me he's proud of me through though IM app after I moved away to study at university.
>>
>abusive
>tough
>scary
>makes me want to kill myself
>kinder as a grew up
>still want to die
>>
>>37059986
Average normie, but somewhat on the beta side. He's a good person, my mother's the reason I'm a robot.
>>
>>37059986
"HURRR DURRR MAN THE FUCK UP,LIFE SUCKS,YOU HAVE FUCKED UP SCHOOL SO NOW GET A SHIT JOB LIKE EVERYONE AND SUFFER TILL YOU DIE"
this is my dad.mp3
>>
Old, mentally ill, obese, creepy, has made passes at me and probably has violated me without consent, physically assaulted me, neglectful, controlling, narcissistic...
>>
>>37059986
My father died earlier this year. He was complicated
>confirmed 160 IQ, decorated war hero, graduated tied for top in class from medical school, gave 30% of his income to charity, did a ton of free medical services for the poor, very open-handed with money, wonderful story and joke teller, competitive dancer, beautiful singing voice, ranked International Master at chess, competed in poker tournaments and did well, had 9 kids and was extravagant with all of us
>Away from home 80% of the time. Routinely missed or forgot recitals, plays, birthdays. Was once too busy playing poker to come home for Christmas. Had between 3 and 6 mistresses on the side at any given time. Routinely fucked underaged girls, including some of my sisters' best friends. I know for a fact he was fucking a 12 year old when he was 42 because I walked in on him. If he thought a business partner was dumb, inefficient, or just vulnerable he;d force them out to reap more cash. Used his clinic for the poor to launder money from a cigarette smuggling ring he managed as a side project. Purposefully addicted my mother to barbiturates so she would complain less.
So...
...yeah
>>
friendly, funny often gets jim layhe levels of drunk.
>>
>>37059986

He's a Scottish electric eel who wears a pirate hat from a sunk ship.

He's mates with Nessie though, so we get to see him often.
>>
I don't know my father at all. He wasn't even around for my birth.

Sometimes I fantasize that he's a good guy that had a one night stand and never knew he had a son.
>>
>>37061245

> Sometimes I fantasize that my mother was a slut

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>37061125
Your father sounds like the main character of some futuristic life simulator who does as he pleases because the worse that'll happen is a gameover and a restart back to his previous save point.
>>
>>37061273
That's not what I said.

My mother IS a slut. I have 3 half-siblings and she's brought men into the house over the years.
>>
File: 1490270903198.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1490270903198.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>37059986

a hard worker, and worked for his family.

but he would always dog his mates, and eventually, his own sons.

Me and my brother haven't seen or heard from our father in over 5 years and the last thing he said to us was that we were both failures and not worth his time.

My dad liked the alcohol and smoked heavily. The alcohol made him a different and ugly person which my mother couldn't handle long term which lead to seperation while we were still young (I was like 10, my bro was 6).

Over the years the relationship between my father and I stagnated. Often I'd have to call him to organize things like staying at his house for a weekend etc.

He then got involved into drugs and the people he was hanging around with I didn't like. He often would just do drugs with them in the shed door closed when I visited him. This disgusted and disgraced me.

He even got so in deep he had 5+ 40+ inch LCD/LED TVs around his house all wired with security cameras that ran 24/7. His ice addiction as well as selling eventually ended for him badly when one of his many girlfriends of the month ratted him out. He only got a slap on the wrist.

Not long after this (I was about 18, bro 15) he had a motorbike accident and nearly died. My bro and I spend every day when he was in hospital to be there with him.

No long after this however things turned for the worse. He got back into drugs, back into associating with bad people, and grew distant from his obviously angry at him sons. My younger brother hated him so much he didn't want to see him at all.

The problem with my father is he only and absolutely cares for himself and no one else, not even his family or sons.

This eventually lead to a massive argument where he said we were "worthless" and "a waste of time" about 5-6 years ago. I haven't seen him since. I haven't heard from him since,

I've tried in the last 12 months to get a hold of him to try reconcile, but to no end.
>>
>>37061052
are you a girl?
kkkr4t
>>
>>37059986
Genuinely a good guy, very intelligent and good with his hands and maths so he's an engineer that could do several different trades because of his skills and air force training. Kind of distant and very busy until age 10, began to make more time for me after that. Good role model for a lot of things but he was a virgin until his 20's and his awkward beta attitude heavily rubbed off onto me. I also copped all the shit genetics from both sides of the family so it's not like I would have ever been anything other than an awkward, ugly, nerd anyway.
>>
He's an apathetic, alcoholic piece of boomer shit who spent all his money on cars and openly said he didn't want me even though he had a kid 20 years before me. He has a strained relation with him too but he cares even less about me. I was basically raised by my mom and my dad beat my mom on several occasions. They still live in the same house but they might as well be divorced. I legit hope he dies sooner than later.
>>
>>37061626
Very Australian story my friend, unfortunately a lot of blokes here grew up in a shit time and had to be tough. Some got through and made something of themselves and some just turtled and emotionally castrated themselves
>>
>>37059986
Always unemployed drunk and a former waiter, now retired although he worked like 25 years only
Used to steal my savings money for booze, my mother money, money for bills, begged neighbors for money. Sold our bicycles,TV,... etc for booze.
Had couple of different jobs, some illegal like smuggling, never actually put a lot of effort in finishing anything, always mentally weak, never moved away form his parents, never had courage to stand up to his mother, physically strong. Great bone structure.
War veteran. Probably did some things to non-comatants too. But we never directly talked about it, I do not want to know.

He stopped drinking when I turned 18. I told him that either he will stop stealing our shit and drinking or we (mom, brother and I) will move. Or I will just kill him and tell mom did it. Mom actually agreed.

Now he is quiet, reads and watches television all the time. Makes few decisions but they are all bad (like new TV-Phone-Internet provider).
Never actually made anything with care. Always fucks it up, like fixing things badly and making it worse and shit.

Has a good heart but weak mind.
I am nothing like him at all (except I look kinda like him and his mother/my grandmother). I will put effort in, I will argue and defend my stance, I don't quit so easily, I am actually ambitious.

>>37061125
He was great then.
Perfect role model

>>37062809
> my dad beat my mom on several occasions
This is where it crossed the line. Other stuff is easy peasy. But actual violence is fucked.

>>37062438
>Kind of distant and very busy until age 10
I will be like that too. Fuck, my kids will just remember the bad parts anyways.
>>
>>37059986
He's okay. He's always tried to be more of a friend to my brother, sister and I than a father. He's very intellectual, and that sort of rubbed off on us. Also made us work in the yard and stuff growing up, took us hunting, camping, etc. So we got some good habits from him. When I was 16 he had some sort of meltdown and cheated on my mom, then divorced her even though she wanted to stay together. A few years later he remarried this white trash slut (like the opposite of my mom, who's highly educated and from a wealthy big city family) who's 15 years younger than him, and spends a lot of time with her and her kids now. I've sort of made peace with his actions, but I was already 16 when he moved out and largely independent. My brother and sister were a few years younger, and I think his absence has had a more negative impact on them.
>>
File: 1480284934539.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1480284934539.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>37063063
>Other stuff is easy peasy
>>
>heroin addict
>see him every so often
>live with his senile father
>hasn't support his children

I know he means well, but i don't really have care for him as a person
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.