[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else dropped out of school here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (11KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 293x172px
left at end of grade 11 and living neet life now, fuck college too, sounds way too hard, expensive and scary
>>
>>37057378
same haha. I am afraid of moving away from home and living in a dorm with strangers all for what? To get a degree in a subject I probably wont develop a passion for to probably not get a job in that field anyway. I don't want to suffer anymore.
>>
>>37057378
left near the end of 12th, was never gonna make it. just stopped showing up. five years later, i still havent graduated, cant drive, still live with my parents, never had a job. i just want to do something creative and then die young
>>
>>37057378
I live in Europe. The highschool here lasts until you are 19 from 15-19. I dropped out at the age of 19 and then wasted 3 years of my life.

Now i am back in highschool to finish it and get at least some form of education
>>
>>37057764
So you wasted 5 years of your life. Why waste even more of them? Finish what you started, get a driving license and at least have a part time job.

Life is not over at early or mid 20s. Do not throw away even more of your life
>>
>dropping out of school

How? Its the easiest shit ever
>>
>>37057764
I wasted 3 years and you wasted 5. But i will get my life back on track and so should you.
>>
>>37057815
Not when you're socially anxious, awkward, depressed and don't relate to anyone and have no friends and tired of the pressure and hate all the classes.
>>
>>37057815
In my case it was the fact that i hated being around people who went there. The whole time i just waited to be able to get home.

I hated every second of my highschool experience
>>
>>37057826
>>37057810
it was never on track to begin with. i did not know what i wanted to do then and i still do not. the concept of a career or future beyond 30 doesnt register to me and its like i said, i want to do something creative or helpful for other people and then id be able to die happily. i need to finish a project
>>
>>37057815
Nobody drops out because they cant do the work, they drop out because they have lost the will to do it.
>>
>>37057789
>Now i am back in highschool to finish it
Me too
I have a maths test in a bit
>>
>>37057810
>Life is not over at early or mid 20s.

not even that guy (not even a dropout either, just peeping the thread) but desu your life is pretty much determined at that point, even if it's not "over" per se.

barring some exceptional circumstance that propels you out of autism or neethood or whatever, if you're fucking useless at 25 you're fucking useless for good, probably.

note that it doesn't work in the inverse, i.e. you can be wildly successful at 25 and lose it all at a later date.

but if you haven't grown out of being a piece of human garbage by your mid-early 20s you probably never will. why would you?
>>
>>37057943
Because it's not nice be a piece of human garbage
>>
File: C8GMAChWsAAUVn8.jpg (46KB, 750x481px) Image search: [Google]
C8GMAChWsAAUVn8.jpg
46KB, 750x481px
Stopped going regularly in 11th grade, finally dropped out near the end of 12th. Writing my last exam for equivalency tomorrow, though.
>>37057918
This. The work was easy then and it's easy now. I stopped going because the emotional problems were still new and I wasn't numb to them yet. You can only force yourself to pretend you're okay for so long before you break down. So I just don't pretend anymore.
>>
>>37057789
HS lasted 5 years for me
>>
I left school in 9th grade. (i would be a senior now) i regret it everyday and i constantly suffer because of it. if any of you are thinking of dropping out.. please. DO NOT
>>
>>37057894
I never knew what i wanted either, friends all left knew what jobs to go to at 16. I stayed on studies, only figured out at 19 what work was
>>
>>37058031
Grades are not everything, they help prove you can accomplish something. But it is what you do with your time. And how you sell yourself in an interview.
>>
I dropped out in 10th grade, but took the early grad test as soon as I turned 16, so legally I have a diploma.

It fucked me over for college and stuff like that, though, since I had no senior transcripts or GPAs or anything like that. I had decent jobs in my 20s, but now I'm 30 and wanting to get a degree, and doing it means suffering through several years of shitty community college before I can transfer to a real uni.
>>
File: billgates1.jpg (67KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
billgates1.jpg
67KB, 200x200px
>learned to program and networking in freshman and sophomore year as an elective
>fell for the smart but lazy meme and never did my homework
>dropped out in 11th grade because I met some 5th year seniors and they just seemed so much older than me even though they weren't
>"friends" and former classmates told me I'll never make anything of myself if I don't get a diploma and go to college
>fixed computers for Geek Squad until I landed a job in a tech support call center
>hated being poor and kept asking to help out the higher support tiers
>learned some good skills form my tech support senpais and left to do IT desktop support somewhere else
>volunteered to do a bunch of stuff I didn't know how to do to force myself to learn, end up being the SME for everything for my department below only the manager
>new supervisor comes in and co-worker kisses ass and gets fatty raise despite me coming to me for help on the easiest trouble tickets
>say fuck it and take my skills I learned and bounce around some high profile silicon valley companies
>learn a bunch of shit in the process to be a system administrator for a government organization that deals with space ships and weapons
>make almost six figures with no education and hangout with brilliant (but very eccentric) scientists every day
>look back at everyone who looked down on me and they're either college drop outs, "students for life", or in subpar jobs due to having a normie degree
>parents think I'm so smart and accomplished but to me it's no big deal because it's just shit I picked up in highschool when I was bored
>>
>>37058231
what are the chances of this happening to me?
>>
>>37057948
yeah but why would you suddenly come to that conclusion after years of enduring no real consequence for being a piece of human garbage

besides, even if you do somehow develop a drive to better yourself (lol) it's not like the real world will let you in that easy
>>
>>37058231
I'm very glad for you anon.
>>
>>37058231
this is a succes story.
glad for you anon. we should celebrate.

t.neet
>>
File: 1494859694314.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494859694314.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
>>37058291
I don't know. It wasn't easy. Was pretty hard work actually. I still hate my job. I only like it because it's the only way my dumbass can think of earning six figures. I think if I would have just finished highschool and done something like CS in college I would have had a quicker journey to six figures.

>>37058329
Thank you, anon. I hope you have a nice rest of your day.
>>
>>37058311
Someone can have the opportunity to get some menial job. If they accept it, then it isn't a bad thing at all. Not following the common path doesn't mean you're a piece of garbage.
>>
>>37057918
idk hisg school can be pretty hard in some parts of europe where you have tons of different high schools with different difficulty levels....being smart but lazy can really fuck you over there if you choose the toughest school and then don't study and barely ever show up....
>>
>>37058384
you are a being on higher level. respect.
>>
>>37057378
got expelled for constantly talking shit to the teachers....I really enjoyed putting those dickheads in their place...the look on their faces when they realized they don't have any authority over me was priceless....looking back on it I wish they were nicer and more polite to me...that way I wouldn't have had to do what I did and could now have a hs diploma....it's funny to think how much more successful the school system would be if they treated kids with a little more respect...
>>
>>37058541

>being proud of cutting off your nose to spite your face

You've completely fucked your life up, you stupid autist.
>>
File: 1481549476938.jpg (205KB, 702x662px) Image search: [Google]
1481549476938.jpg
205KB, 702x662px
>>37058541
You don't deserve respect you little shit. They should have whooped you a new ass.
>>
>>37058541
But they were probably awful teachers anyway and it's sad you couldn't work with what you were provided.
>>
File: 1494330259579.jpg (56KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1494330259579.jpg
56KB, 720x644px
>>37057378
9th grade best decision of my life.
No payments, no hormone driven nonsense, no drama, no regrets.
Did I mention I still don't have to pay for shit unless I need it? Plus I get to learn shit the public school system wants to censor.
>>
I dropped out at Year 10.

I'm 30 now, never worked or anything. Just started seeing mental health professionals, in the process of getting diagnosed.
>>
File: 1447387933750.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1447387933750.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>37058541
This is why physical discipline should be brought back
>>
Dropped out of bong college

Will probably go back soon tbqh
>>
>>37058697
It would be helpful for you yes

Good luck
>>
>>37057378
would but it was not possible here because some law forces everyone to go to school.
>>
>>37058716
What part of the world is it?
>>
>>37058682
What does your daily life look like?
>>
>>37058579
I don't think I've completely fucked up my life tbqh....I can still get menial jobs if I want to and I don't think I'd be any happier if I were in college now...
>>37058584 well what can I say, we can't all be sheep...
>>37058584
they were and I'm sure there are good teachers out there, it's just that I haven't seen any...
>>
One of the best quotes I've ever heard: "I have never let schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
>>
>>37058738
>wake up
>goto gym
>lift weights
>go home
>shower
>eat something
>feed dogs
>go on PC
>watch youtube or play some vidya
>spend time with parents when they come home from work
>maybe take dogs for walk
>watch some netflix

It changes sometimes, depending on if i have any appointments at doctor/psychologist.
>>
I'm >>37057929
I think I passed the test
Feelsgoodman
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.