[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Real America?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

File: 1494843976998.jpg (443KB, 1600x1243px) Image search: [Google]
1494843976998.jpg
443KB, 1600x1243px
What happened to Real America?
>>
>>37053433
got blacked
>>
File: Smug pepe in the bath.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Smug pepe in the bath.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
Look at all those future cucks
>>
>>37053440

...That is THE most succinct explanation I've ever heard of it. Yep.
>>
It never existed. The fact that you think it did is a testament to how good right wingers are at lying to people and controlling the narrative though.
>>
File: random picture from the internet.jpg (338KB, 2048x1293px) Image search: [Google]
random picture from the internet.jpg
338KB, 2048x1293px
>>37054055
this, basically

also
pic related is from 2012
there are plenty of parts of the usa where it's pretty much just white protestants
>>
>>37054135
>tfw you can't see that phrase w/o thinking about Rocketman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdDW2CErekM

Also I havent thought about this movie in for fucking ever
>>
One of those boys could be my supervisor today.
>>
>>37054055
t. mr. shekestein

oy vey goys, just because america was 88 % white at one point, doesn't mean that things are different now that america is 33 % white. It was always the same. What racism! Oy Givult.
>>
>>37054201
>america is 33% white
sounds legit anon
(((us census bureau))) and everything, right
>>
>>37054135
damn white people are ugly as fuck
>>
Having more immigration doesn't mean that the native population has experienced decline in count. The percentage in relation to other groups is lowered but not the actual population count.
>>
>>37054055

Shhh, you'll break the "Libtards ruining my country!" narrative!
>>
>>37054258
1. we live in a democracy, so this gives immigrants proportionately more power in our society.

2. The native born white population is actually declining. Whites are only increasing in America due to European immigration.
>>
>>37054220
i'm talking about the future, nig nog.
>>
>>37053433

We stopped training people on proper social behavior as a matter of normal routine.

Developing Self Reliance:
https://archive.org/details/Developi1951

Why to obey rules: https://archive.org/details/0625_School_Rules_How_They_Help_Us_20_50_28_00
>>
>>37054288

Immigrant groups are like 5-10 percent of the population each. It's not a combined identity of "immigrants" that moves in unison, no matter what the liberals tell you.
>>
People wised up.
>>
>>37053433
the collegeification of america fucked the american spirit
since everyone and their dog has a humanities degree now, everyone thinks they're an expert in everything and has shamed poor and middle class children away from school and jobs they could handle (generally, trades) and made them get college degrees (in useless fields), forcing more people out of work and into debt, and unable to contribute to the system, thus giving politicians, bankers, and big corporations more weight to throw around.
>>
>>37054360
if they vote in unison against white people, then who gives a shit about "muh uniqueness"
>>
>>37053433
Real America, the Chili Peppers
>>
>>37054329
public education still absolutely teaches you social behavior

>deference to authority
>manage competing interests
>work with others
>take ownership of a common space
>"one at a time" structure of conversation/debate
>how to write a letter
etc

kind of funny that people on a board for literal autistic shut-ins pine for the olden days when your ability to get a high school diploma depended on your knowledge of manners and social propriety
>>
>>37053433

you imported cheap labor to fatten the pockets of a few elites and are now paying for it.

source: am mexi american leling at you white bois
>>
>>37054389

Do they, or have you been drinking the liberal kool aid?
>>
>>37054135
>honorary white chinks
>>
File: out.jpg (251KB, 1400x863px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
251KB, 1400x863px
>>37054428
not today burrito
>>
the Hart-Celler act happened

introduced by a jew no less
>>
>>37054371
"humanities degrees" aren't the problem
i know it's the popular meme to believe that everybody who goes to college is graduating with some kind of esoteric transnigger studies degree, but that's just a convenient fiction for people whose politics require them to justify how a large population of educated people is actually retarded

college debt is a real problem
de-emphasis of vocational training is a real problem (but this isn't happening because liberal arts colleges exist)
the structure of college in america is a huge problem

the fact that more people in america are going to college in the first place is not the problem
>>
>>37054438
Conservative and I
>>
>>37054524
>college debt is a real problem
absolutely, I fully agree. the main problem, as I can see it, is that most degrees being currently earned just don't have the potential to make enough money to pay off the debt you will be in regardless.
>>37054524
>de-emphasis of vocational training is a real problem
this as well, I think a few years ago the
>muh factory robots
meme turned everyone (including schools) off from offering vocational training since they thought those kinds of jobs wouldn't really exist because of automation.
>>
>>37053433
Real America never existed.
>>
>>37054623
t. achmed the nigger.
>>
>>37054623
>>37054055
how do you figure? I want to know.
>>
>>37054560

They're one in the same.
>>
>>37053433
Real America exists in the countryside. Not our problem you're a cocksucking city faggot.
>>
>>37054719
nah, you wanna meet some real americans no matter where you're at? go to the industrial district. there's always real, actual people there. even if you don't interact and just observe, there's a certain way to it that isn't artificial.
it'a kinda beautiful in a way.
>>
>>37054658
>>37054687
What people these days think as the (old) Real America is just a highly idealized version of 50's-60's they've learnt from television, movies and other fiction.
>>
>>37054699
Constantinople the game
>>
>>37054788
sure, but in your infinite wisdom, what's the non-idealized version?
I mean, there's really no way to know as it's not like we can go back and check, right?
>>
>>37054814

Ancient minds from ancient times
>>
>>37054820
The non-idealized version would be the one we can read from the history books, for example.
>>
>>37054820
The real version is that there's always been have nots. There was never a time in America's history where it didn't rely on the majority of the population being in poverty and exploited in some way.
>>
>>37054850
>history books
>always full of objective, non-edited truths
sure.
>>
>>37054820
social historians literally spend like a decade in training to answer this question

you're essentially saying that historical analysis is impossible because we can't time travel
>>
>>37054833
I was wondering if you
>>
>>37054864
The reason why so many white people are suddenly disillusioned is that now more and more whites are becoming have nots, and are becoming victims of the same systems that have pushed everybody else down since America has existed. I think a really, really strong example of this is the opioid epidemic. Its only now that white people are really being truly impacted by the "war on drugs" and you can already see the attitude shifting towards treatment instead of punishment.
>>
>>37054877

Are surviving the meat grinder
>>
>>37054864
There were always poor people in America, but income inequality is like 30 times higher now and economic mobility is severely impaired compared to back then, partially due to economic downturn, and partially due to feminism doubling the workforce (thus decreasing wages) while women refuse to get married (which would recombine men and women's wages into one family unit). Also, black people don't count as being exploited, because they're not humans.
>>
>>37054868
That is why you should always use more than one source.
>>
>>37054900
Are you actually ever capable of turning off your autism. Its like you have it, but instead of being way into trains or something fun and nice, you're into being a tedious racist. Fuck off honestly
>>
>>37054888
This country was established for the benefit of whites.

Claiming "muh unfairness" that whites only recognize that shit is bad when it starts to effect them instead of people they don't know is retarded because countries exist to serve only one group.

Self-preseverence is everything.

Equality is a lie that never was and never will be. Ever.
>>
>>37054868
there is literally no way to write "objective truth" in history, there never will be, that was never the point

the idea of history is to take events from the past and arrange them into a coherent narrative in service of some larger historical argument.

this doesn't mean that you ignore contrary evidence, but it means that you build a historical argument through a rhetorical process.

a history book that is just a long timeline of events (these exist, obviously) would not be nearly as useful to a general interest "what happened?" type of question. and even then, an "accounting of events" type history would still be biased since it's up to the writer to decide what events are worth mentioning and what events are not (and it's impossible to mention truly all of them)

if you are too retarded to read a history book and assess the rigor and evidentiary support for the argument, then there is no hope for you because you can't fucking read.
the idea that history is supposed to be objective is retarded

if you're salty about some kind of perceived disciplinary bias in "history" then fucking write your own
(there are a shit load of legitimately conservative historians as well, too, which angry right-wing types either ignore or dismiss out of hand)
>>
>>37054942
Your interpretation of what the nation-state actually is is childish at best honestly. Please actually do real research before you say shit like this.
>>
>>37054919
Are you actually ever capable of turning off your autism. Its like you have it, but instead of being way into trains or something fun and nice, you're into being a tedious antifa that argues against the preseverence of the white race. Fuck off honestly.
>>
>>37054876
I kinda am, yeah
because
>sources (1st level) had their own lies and prejudices they told the secondary sources
>secondary sources (usually contemporary media) will filter what they're told and add their biases
>tertiary sources (textbooks, documentaries) will edit all of 2nd level again, add their biases and retouches
>4th level sources (historians) absorb all of that, and then edit it their way, omitting, retouching, and twisting interpretations of things
>5+ repeat 4
and this isn't just referencing the 50s or the 60s or war or whatever, this is every historical event ever. this is systemwide and it's unstoppable.
the only way to get ~80% of the actual truth would be to make a composite from 3rd and 4th level reports, if you could even find them, and even then, that's not the whole truth.

it's pretty fucking sad honestly.
>>37054944
don't write my posts before I write them, faggot
>>
>>37054962
I'm almost impressed at how stupid you are. Did you actually read what I said?
>>
>>37054958
what the hell are you talking about? Niggers weren't even considered humans until about 50 years ago. Furthermore, since the 1800s, ethnonationalist states have been incredibly popular and the norm. What the hell are you even referring to?
>>
>>37054982
I did, and i disagreed with it without saying why, just like you did.

Did you even read what I said, nigger?
>>
>>37054973
fuck, I meant 2nd and 3rd not 3rd and 4th.
you get my point anyway.
>>
did op make this thread just to race-bait and make "hurr durr america was never really great" type responses, or is that an unintended byproduct of his thread.
>>
>>37054919
Did you come here from reddit yesterday? Flaming retard.
>>
>>37055003
>>37054987
y'all can't even make a point without melting down and shouting racial slurs its kind of pathetic
>>
>>37054973
the fallibility of sources doesn't render historical analysis invalid, it just renders the idea that you can receive objective truth from historical analysis impossible.

people misunderstand what history is and what it is supposed to do
see >>37054944
>>
>>37055028
and you can't make a point without breaking down and yelling RACISM! Its kind of pathetic desu
>>
REMINDER: 19 posters 62 replies
>>
Stop drinking this "ye olde American" kool aid, it gets you riled up and I gotta say something
>>
>>37055043
its just one antifa fag doing most of this shit. Also, I've made about 15-20 posts replying to him, and one anon has made like 10 posts about historical sources, rendering the number of remaining posts even smaller.
>>
>>37055025
this is clearly a racebait thread

it's actually kind of surprising that it contains a discussion of the inherent unknowability of history

usually these involve a lot more /pol/ mspaint charts and [citation needed] shitposts
>>
>>37055043
most of the posts in this thread are responses to other posters and go back and forth over several replies

if you actually read through it it pretty clearly becomes a small number of anons having their own conversations with each other
>>
>>37055091
thats the point.

however, without looking at the post count, this could be thought of as a few people agreeing with each other who argue against one or two people. In reality though, the post count reveals that both sides probably only have one or two posters.
>>
>>37055110
if that's the point, then who cares?

"beware, people ITT are having conversations"
>>
>>37055131
They're trying to make it seem like many antifas browse 4chan and agree that racism is evil and america was never great, when in reality its just one guy. Doing this influences impressionable newfags and thus alters 4chan's culture.
>>
>>37055165
Let them discuss how they want, not every board has to be as fast paced as /b/ or /pol/. This is why I come to r9k, to see threads that don't die in 30 minutes.
>>
>>37055304
the slowness kills me though. I end up staring at a thread refreshing it for 20 minutes straight waiting for a reply.
>>
>>37055165
did /pol/ switch from "SJW" to "antifa" now that SJW is a played out meme phrase?
>>
>>37055345
im just one guy who keeps saying antifa in this thread. And to answer your question, antifa spam has become more common on r9k, so that's why I say that now.
>>
>>37053433
too problematic
>>
>>37055375
also, I never browse pol.
>>
File: 1492097877259.jpg (323KB, 480x953px) Image search: [Google]
1492097877259.jpg
323KB, 480x953px
>>37055340
Get a hobby my dude. Imageboards are fun yet the rapid information is highly addicting. I should know, I'm browsing up late even though I work in 6 hours.
>>
>>37055446
I like to speedrun in my spare time, but I kinda suck at it desu. I just want to beat oot in under 24 minutes senpai.
>>
>>37055468
Sounds fun. I'm a loser who paints models in his free time. Anything to get off this site honestly. My soul starts to rot from extended use
>>
>>37053433
>convince kids that entertaining yourself is more valuable than being productive
>convince them again as adults that all problems are all-or-nothing, left to be solved by superheroes
>watch them beg for minimum wage jobs because you never taught them anything useful, and the kids who learned tech on their own still have to cuck each other just to get your business
>>
>itt people who think norman rockwell paintings are history books
>>37054371
Oh cut it with the anti intellectualism the exact same shit happened in the 20s-30s when most of rural America went from not even having an elementary education to the majority graduating with a high school diploma. The difference is that the gov actually stepped in order to ensure standards were being met and that education was available to all.
>>
nothing of value was lost

I hope even more white genocide happens for the sole reason of watching people like OP sperg
>>
As non-American, I've always been fascinated the way you Americans handle fiction. I mean the way the fiction sometimes becomes your official narrative and how real events are turned into fiction in no time. It's not even politically motivated all the time, sometimes it seems it is just a manifestation of peoples hopes and dreams.
>>
>>37053440
this pretty much but too late to change the shit show now might as well watch it collapse and burn desu...
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.