[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basicaly, in less then 24 I have to submit my final thesis. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1492229933846.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1492229933846.png
280KB, 646x595px
Basicaly, in less then 24 I have to submit my final thesis. I didn't even start it yet. What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>37035033
fail and accept the fact youve wasted your time and other peoples money so you could play video games instead
>>
>>37035033
God damn, how is it even possible to be such a fuck up?
>>
>>37035033
I assume 24 hours, so I'll base it off of that. Give up this year, you took too long to do anything and are obviously not prepared for the responsibilities put on you. There's no way anyone could get that done in one day. Sorry anon, you dun fugged up
>>
>>37035033
Apply for mitigating circumstances because you're depressed.
>>
>>37035033
>Please proofread your thesis carefully before submitting the final version. You cannot make changes to your thesis after it has been approved. Check for:

>consistent capitalization
>consistent, sequential numbering of sections
>consistent abbreviations and units of measure
>consistent line spacing and table formatting
>typographical errors
>grammatical errors
>Proofreading is primarily your responsibility, but supervisors and examiners should not sign off on theses until they are free of errors

>Supplementary materials: >Supplementary materials must be relevant to the thesis work and consist of electronic material or multimedia that cannot easily be included in the PDF of your thesis. Information on inclusion of supplementary materials will be coming shortly. In the meantime, if you wish to submit multimedia or other supplementary materials
>>
>>37035033
You fucked up accept this fact and try again
>>
Tell your professor that you lost everything with that ransomware virus. If they ask why you didn't just pay the $300 to unlock your computer, tell them you don't negotiate with terrorists and accuse them of being unpatriotic.
>>
File: EzF6L.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
EzF6L.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
>>37035148
>Tell your professor that you lost everything with that ransomware virus

Fucking hell this is geniouous
>>
Join the Army origi
>>
File: 1491819115864.jpg (26KB, 332x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491819115864.jpg
26KB, 332x351px
>>37035148
I'm fucking impressed, this is smart as fuck.
>>
I wrote mine in 2 weeks and part of it was writing a program but you are more hardcore than me it seems.
>>
>>37035155
>not backing up
No its a bullshit excuse and no one is gonna accept that
>>
>>37035148
Damn, OP if you really want to continue your education, and have somewhat decent persuasion skills, do this. This sounds promising
>>
>>37035148

This is so stupid it might actually work.
>>
>>37035179
It's a last ditch effort anon. It's not pretty but it's worth a shot.
>>
>>37035148
There have been some (admittedly probably bullshit) report that some people haven't gotten unlocked even after paying, so you could claim that

Or you could claim that after you paid they wiped your computer anyways
>>
>>37035148
>professor asks OP to bring in laptop
>OP says he threw it away or some shit
>nobody believes him and he gets expelled for lying about that
>>
>>37035148

Better yet actually download the virus and lock an old computer to bring in and show him
>>
>>37035214
They don't wipe your computer, they just leave everything Encrypted. If OP is going to bullshit his way through this, he needs to get all of the facts straight.
>>
>>37035179

he could say he backed up with dropbox or something but because the dropbox was on the infected computer it got encrypted too
>>
>>37035148
even if it was true the thesis still isn't there
>>
>>37035220
If that happens he could always just back his shit up and download the ransomware.

>>37035235
Not dropbox. Say he has it backed up on an external drive but it was plugged in when he got the virus and his backup is encrypted too.
>>
>>37035179

no back-up is a suprisingly common thing among professionals.
>>
>>37035242
Yeah just say you're "not good with computers"
>>
>>37035148
>>37035224
Honestly this is the best excuse you're gonna be able to come up with anon
Do it and greentext what happens
>>
>>37035240

wouldn't the dropbox also be encrypted though in this scenario? Or does dropbox protect against that somehow?
>>
what the heck have you been doing. That's a thesis man. you're dead anon. just do another semester
>>
>>37035033

Go to your dean of studies, tell him of your crippling depression (you'll also need to convince a doc at some point, probably... Not hard the first time). Be prepared to spend another year as workshy stoodent.
>>
>>37035265
Dropbox is on "the cloud", so all of his stuff would be safe.
>>
>>37035274
This
But actually sort out your problems over the next year. Otherwise you're just gonna get into more crippling debt and be in exactly the same position this time next year.
>>
>>37035280

but dropbox just uploads what you put in the folder on your PC right?

so if the home folder on the PC was encrypted dropbox would replace all the files on the cloud with the encrypted files...
>>
I researched and wrote my senior thesis all in about 48 hours. By 48 hours, I means I didn't sleep or relax for a second. Just constant feverish working. Energy drinks out the ass. I finished it; it was really good. I won an award.

But I also had chest pains and nearly ended up in the ER around the 46 hour mark. Do not recommend.

Anything is possible, Anon. Start now. I believe in you!
>>
>>37035033
How many words / pages are required senpai?

also you're probably doomed, sorry
>>
>>37035299
Maybe you're right, I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>37035242
>>37035248
At least when I was doing my honours thesis, this would never have flown as an excuse - we were specifically warned that it's our responsibility to maintain backups, and we were strongly encouraged to make regular "offline" (e.g. unplugged, so wouldn't be affected by a cryptovirus) backups.

Although my uni would never had let things get this bad, since we had to regularly check in with our thesis supervisors and show them our progress.

OP, did you not have a thesis supervisor for this to keep you on track?

>>37035348
I don't know about dropbox, but google drive does version history e.g. you can recover previous versions of a file.
>>
>>37035331
how coherent did your paper end up being?
>>
Contact the hackers and offer them 300 $ to encript your computer
>>
OP, honestly, are you sure you're meant for academia? Just fucking give up that shit already
>>
My thesis is due 2 month and not i'm touching chapter 3 which is the research methodology, questionnaire, etc etc. how fucked am i ?
>>
>>37035998
*now

Origigigig
>>
>>37035998
That's pretty bad, since other stuff depends on that chapter... it depends how far you are with the rest of it.

Talk to an academic adviser my dude, you might be able to pull it off if you try really hard, and here's a tip:

You will be more likely to get a time extension if it's closer to being done, since most professors would rather recieve a good thesis late than a failing one on time.
>>
>>37035078
I heard of one nobel prize winner whose dissertation was only 3 pages long.
Maybe OP has a chance.
>>
>>37036073
I could MAYBE see it if it was 3 pages of super dense (yet elegant) mathematical proofs or something, but that still seems pretty unlikely...

Probably it's something like that guy who solved a couple of "unsolveable" problems after mistaking them for homework, and they gave him a PhD. for that.

The trick is with that sort of thing, the university usually has a couple pathways to PhD.: the regular academic way, and a "professional" type path where you do some impressive shit during you career out in industry or whatever and then basically just have to do a writeup and some paperwork to get a PhD
>>
>>37036064
Is it really that bad ? You know that thesis is 5 chapters right ? My thesis is a quantitative research which means i also have to mess around with statistics like linear regression
>>
>>37036160
I mean, it's been a while since I did my thesis, but I basically setting out all the experiment design (and reasoning etc.) in the methodology section and then in the results / interpretation parts referring back to the methodology part.

The chapters don't exist in isolation, they all exist in relation to the others. You can't have results without running experiments, you can't run them without designing them, you can't design them if you don't know what hyptotheses you're trying to test... that sort of thing.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.