[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys miss the most in your life?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

File: 1494556901189.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1494556901189.gif
924KB, 500x281px
What do you guys miss the most in your life?
>>
Optimism and hope for the future.
>>
>>37024241
I used to be genuinely funny.
>>
>>37024241

the feeling of wonder from when I was young
>>
tfwnogf is a normie feel
i have tfwnof
>>
>>37024241
My fucking legs
>>
Those dreamlike days.
>>
>>37024256
The one true answer. So much comes back to this.
>>
>>37024241

Having the energy and focus that I had when I was in high school and college.

I could spend all night exploring a new topic, and building cool things. Now I have to force myself to get a fraction of what I used to be able to do effortlessly.

Getting old sucks.
>>
>>37024241
The will to carry on, work hard, and succeed.
>>
>>37024241
good friends from childhood
>>
>>37024308
R u the anon who broke ur synthetic legs and nobody helped
>>
File: IMG_9341.jpg (42KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9341.jpg
42KB, 657x527px
>>37024241
consistent free time, low stress, and enjoyable hobbies
>>
>>37024419
Unfortunately yeah I am
>>
File: 1487807086312.jpg (10KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
1487807086312.jpg
10KB, 234x216px
mid-2000s internet.
>>
>>37024241
Honestly I can't say i miss anything. I've suffered more after figuring out how the world and society work, but i wouldn't want to go back to being blind to it. I guess despite the pain i currently feel, i'm for equipped so i have a better chance at making things better for myself.
>>
File: 1480409178050.gif (592KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1480409178050.gif
592KB, 200x133px
Early 2000s wrestling
>>
>>37024241
Having a group of friends at school you could see everyday

I only see them a few times a year now

Finding something interesting
>>
>>37024545
well, technically there are things i wish i could experience again, but not in the forms that i experienced in the past. I want to build my way up to those again, i don't want to go back to sleep because then I won't be able to be genuinely happy.
>>
>>37024357
damn I feel you anon

original content
>>
>>37024496
):
How old r u

Gjjun
>>
>>37024746
20?
Oroiiiiginal
>>
File: 1469575722508.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469575722508.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>37024256

I miss being young enough to not even have any real perception of the future. I miss waking up as a kid on a hot summers day and gathering with friends and running the streets with unlimited energy until dusk.

I miss a world where cell phones were still little Nokia bricks and I miss booting up a cream tower PC with a thick CRT monitor and running Runescape on low quality settings.

And even though it surely contributed to my introversion and social downfall, I miss jumping on pre 2009 WoW and my steam account which only the orange box. It managed to keep my youthful unsullied mind content far longer than any of the 300 games I have on it now ever could.
>>
>>37024895
How did it happen if.you don't mind me asking
>>
>>37025121
Wait nvm I think u said a car accident
>>
>>37025121
>How did it happen if.you don't mind me asking
Car crash. I was in the back and had them against the door
>>
>>37024241
a life

axsjasijdas
>>
I miss thinking the majority of adults knew the right thing to do
I miss not knowing about physics and physical sciences and how fucked everything is in the long term
I miss not knowing that I am fucked up, a subhuman dead end living among degenerates
I can't and maybe even wouldn't go back, but I do miss it
>>
>>37024241
Nothing desu. I've never been someone to look on past memories.
>>
High school dating. Middle school dating as well since I dropped out in 7th grade.
>>
I miss the internet being a joyous and wondrous place full of hilarious things, cool people to talk to, and friendships to form. I miss inviting people over solely to show each other YouTube videos we liked.
>>
I miss not having responsibility. Waking up as a kid not giving a single fuck about anything was wonderful.
>>
>>37025307
That era ended in 2002, long before youtube was created.
>>
>>37024519
Rip supreme memes
>>
File: wojakOnTheVerge.jpg (35KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
wojakOnTheVerge.jpg
35KB, 300x360px
I miss the days that I used to be above people. When I was younger, people used to look up to me and admire how smart I was.

Well, thanks to this depression, or whatever the fuck I have, people who used to think I was some starchild now think I'm pathetic, beta, and a loser.
>>
File: 1491603555570.jpg (89KB, 422x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491603555570.jpg
89KB, 422x768px
>>37024241
I miss the days prior to being a drug addict.. these last 17 years have been pure hell. Right now at 33 I'm thinking of suicide over half the day, the other half I'm trying to cultivate a life..

I'm unemployed and live at my moms, and I totalled my car. I won the genetic lottery and all my friends are like man you could fuck any girl.. ya I used to. But now.. I'm penniless, I hate my mom, she hates me, I hate my family except for one aunt. and I'm extremely drug sick.. all I got is constant withdrawals from Suboxone, its been two months since I quit and I can barely get out of bed or shower. I miss being 18. Fucking Drugs and doctors man. FUCK. I don't want to end it because in the back of my mind I feel like someone or something good will come my way eventually.
>>
>>37025332
tell me anon, what worries do you have now?
>>
Being able to help people.

I'm so sorry, Will.
I'm so sorry, Ciara.
>>
>>37025479
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that.

original content
>>
File: 07 scion tc.jpg (49KB, 800x335px) Image search: [Google]
07 scion tc.jpg
49KB, 800x335px
>>37024308
i know that feel i got into a car accident driving home from friend's house. i am now in a wheelchair, friends moved away.

i miss driving going to my friend's house. the mother was a bitch to me. she didn't like me when i started coming over every weekend. we use to eat burger king or taco bell and play video games.

i miss going to work to. i had a great job, it was fully moving up. i was entry level but everyone i know there moved up. i had to go to the state to find a job.
>>
I think I was around 7 years old where I started to constantly wish I was someone else.
>>
>>37025479
Bro when you're in a world of shit the best thing you can do for yourself is to drop everything and move. Can't recommend it enough, few years ago I decided I was done shooting up, got a few hundred together and got out of there. Sure, I still wanted to get fucked up, but being away from everything sorta reset me enough for me to pull shit together
>>
>>37024241
Internet and gaming being good.
>>
>>37025554
Thank you. Let's hope for a miracle. Or something . Something has to change. Or ill literally be homeless in 4 months. Fuck I used to have my own luxury apartment. I know what its like to have it all, then have nothing, now I've known nothing longer than having it all. It's always been all or nothing. I swear its some kind of brain disorder.
>>
My dead best friend/oneitus
Four years in and I'm still just going through the motions. I'm never going to feel that my life has a purpose again.
>>
>>37025575
That's rough man. I mean having no legs sucks ass but I can get up and walk. For a few months after it happened I was stuck in a wheelchair while I healed and it was pure hell, plus my hand was fucked up so I couldn't go far with it. I had a great job detailing cars but since I was out for a while they had to let me go...
>>
>>37025652
This is what my Aunt is offering, I live in WA, but id move to bumbfuck MI where im org from.. She said she'd help me get a place and a job. But I'll have no friends... What do you mean by move exactly? Can you explain in detail. This is life or death to me.
>>
energy and my love for science and tech

now im just salty about women and history and so low energy its hard to get out of bed
>>
>>37025845
Good, you've got the perfect opportunity then. By move I mean literally move, go somewhere else and do your best to forget the life you left. I was in Virginia but moved all the way to Arizona for two years just working and trying my best to start over.bSeriously, this is exactly what you need to do, the best thing you can do.
>>
Being able to recover from drinking like I was as a teenager.
>>
>>37025763
I know where her sister keeps her ashes, sometimes I think about breaking into that house and stealing them.
>>
>>37026008
That wouldn't be very nice anon. She wouldn't want you to do that
>>
My dad not being dead

My hand not hurting
>>
any sense of purpose. i really just wish i were dead.
>>
>>37025457
when I was 16 I had these two 13 year olds follow me around and talk to me, I think they looked up to me even though I was a massive loser. I often where they are now.
>>
the feeling in my teenage years that one day everything will work out and that I could just genuinely enjoy each moment
>>
>>37026090
Well then maybe she shouldn't have fucking hung herself.
>>
Livie
>>
>>37026194
True, true. Maybe just take a handful though, that way her sister won't know she's missing
>>
>>37024241
That state of non existence
>>
I miss having friends. I miss not being trapped in stagnation. It was only two years ago, but it seemed so vivid compared to now.

All I find myself doing is longing for the past, and dreading the passing of time.
>>
File: crying.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>37025457
Kind of the opposite for me. I was always the slow child that nobody liked except for a few oddballs.
Now that I've gotten older, I'm a natural when it comes to manipulating normies, and I'm generally an optimistic person.
Regrettably, life is still depressing sometimes. I guess that's why we're all here on r9k when it's mothers day, right?
>>
File: 1489283222958.jpg (109KB, 533x589px) Image search: [Google]
1489283222958.jpg
109KB, 533x589px
>>37026441

My mom is dead. Anyways, how do you manipulate the normies? Before you answer, here's one thing I discovered about myself this year:

I am very good at gaining people's trust, and although my public speaking skills aren't great per se, I am amazing when it comes to talking with people and coming off as an easygoing, trustworthy, honest guy.

I would like to know how I can use this for social advantage because I feel like for years, I have been stepped on and used.
>>
>>37024241
- The ability to convince myself that I deserved anything but misery. I can't even give myself permission to fantasize about happiness anymore. I have severe hand-washing OCD, and no one believes me when I tell them that it's not that I'm worried I'll get a disease, it's that my mind keeps telling me "You're a loser and you don't deserve to feel like your hands are clean. Do it again and again until you're exhausted and you're getting that horrible heat rash you get because you're almost incapable of sweating."

- Being able to fall asleep without sleeping pills, instead of having to force sleep on myself because otherwise my thoughts wouldn't leave me alone.

- The ability to enjoy things.
>>
>>37026333
>I miss having friends
Same...
>>
>>37026523
I used to be in that state of mind.
>>
File: 8137129fee04c8874d235ddb08d94090.jpg (537KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8137129fee04c8874d235ddb08d94090.jpg
537KB, 1600x1200px
>>37024241
Nothing. This hell is an illusion. There is nothing to miss because nothing was ever truly offered. Everything was a lie. Now I just want out.

And to punish my jailors with endless torment.
>>
File: 1480453864300.gif (264KB, 298x244px) Image search: [Google]
1480453864300.gif
264KB, 298x244px
I miss just shooting the shit with my best friend from when I was a kid. Just playing video games, roasting smores, building blanket forts, riding bikes around the neighborhood, and sleeping in a tent in his backyard.

He moved away and now we never talk to each other. And here I am, wasting away in my room.
>>
>>37026522
Your problem is that 'easygoing + trustworthy + honest guy' character. Do you know why normies are never like that? And when they are, they're your friend? It's because your easygoing trustworthy character is easily to use.
Normies probably think you're a pushover, and if you're good at getting friends, you probably are (no offence meant, this is r9k, we're all autistic pushovers). Try being more assertive, but not aggressive. Too aggressive and people will dislike you. Too passive and people will try to use you. The game which is social manipulation is a balance game that you play with emotions where you try to be assertive.
If you take an introduction to interpersonal communication class in college you might have a hell of a time learning. I hated the class, but I loved the things I learned there about communication.
>>
>>37025960
But then my Aunt will have control over my life....
>>
>>37026755

I was told something similar by one of my best friends. Is there any way of retaining this trustworthy/easygoing characteristic without being a betacuck?

For example, at networking events I can easily steal the spotlight when talking to company recruiters. I can withhold a conversation with recruiters and keep other socially-inept students waiting in line for extended periods of time.

And to add, it's not just that people are my "friend." Many people tell me their secrets, often prematurely. It's quite scary.
>>
>>37024241
I guess what I miss most in life is that I can't crush my enemies. See them driven before me and hear the lamentations of their women.

Why even live?
>>
>>37026815
Usually easygoing comes with the character of either being a tool, or lazy. Both of which are relatively bad, socially speaking.
Trustworthy, and honest on the other hand are valuable titles that are useful for almost anything.
If I were you, I'd drop the easygoing title, and try to go for a more active persona that isn't afraid to say "No." The whole trustworthy and honest thing is really valuable though, and is likely why people trust you with their secrets so much.
>>
>>37024241
Not being lonely.
I recently unblocked my cheating ex on Facebook and now we're talking lots and she's got it in her head that we're getting back together.
In hindsight being lonely was probably the better idea.
>>
>>37024570
I've been watching all the old WWF wrestling from 1997 - 2002 and it was SO GOOD BACK THEN.
So much quality entertainment.
>>
>>37025457
Something like this basically. I used to be awesome, people craved my friendship, I was the life and soul of the party really. Had a few girlfriends too. Almost 4 years ago I suddenly lost my mojo after a bad breakup and it hasn't returned since. Now I'm totally invisible to women and I seem to bore even my closest friends, kinda like Fun Bobby in Friends when he quit drinking. So yeah, I miss the time when I was somewhat cool and interesting.

And sex, I miss sex a lot.
>>
File: 1493593075333.png (476KB, 693x798px) Image search: [Google]
1493593075333.png
476KB, 693x798px
I miss having something to wake up for. Something to do. Someone to see. Everyone has left me. Nothing is there for me. All I do is wake up every day and stare at a screen for 14 hours until I get sleepy. This is hell. This is truly what being in hell feels like.
>>
>>37026945
Good thoughts. I'm not a passive fag though. I am often very outspoken and loud. Usually the edgiest guy in the room, and the guy to make everyone laugh.

I'll try to improve being more aggressive. Thanks.
>>
>>37027057
>I'll try to improve being more aggressive
Good
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.