[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Employed bots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15

No neets. List what you do and if you enjoy it.

>Field Service Engineer
>hate it
>might kms
>>
>>37020762
>>Field Service Engineer
motherfucker, do you drive a lube truck?
currently roughneck shooting for motorman here
>will be tripping 6k out tomorrow
>>
>>37020805
I'm not sure half of those words were english.
>>
>inside wireman
It's a fancy name for commercial/industrial electrician
>I enjoy it
The pay is great and the union benefits are wonderful
>>
man am I gonna have a hearty chuckle if all steadily employed bots are tradesmen.
>its probably because we like being alone, self reliant, and focusing on one thing
>>
>>37020805
>lube truck
>roughneck
>motorman
>tripping
>>
>>37020967
I usually stick to /diy/ but I enjoy talking with robots from time to time.
>>
>>37020967
its because comfy office jobs require social skills and likeability, so instead we're condemned to hard work.
>>
>>37021023
>lube truck
a truck with a contracted faggot who comes out and does maintenance in the field on heavy equipment, and does a lot of lubricating. hence, lube truck
>roughneck
someone who works on a drilling rig, more specifically with the actual drilling
>motorman
drilling rig employee who maintains and operates the engines on the rig responsible for running all the lifting equipment (drawworks)
>tripping
moving the drill pipe in or out of the hole at its full length for a number of reasons. makes no progress, takes forever, and sucks absolute ass to do.
>>37021041
yeah, that too.
>>
>>37021158
how long did it take to learn oilanese?
>>
>>37021439
shit, I dunno, 6 weeks, something like that?
you learn quick when you get wrenches thrown at you if you fuck up.
>>
Software Engineer
I hate this job but this is the only marketable thing skill I have. I just coasted thru college because I was """""""good with computers"""""""" as a loser kid, I'm not even that interested in the stuff. At least it pays well.
>>
>>37021538
I too feel like I just coasted through school because school was easy. Now I hate life.

I should of ignored every bit of advice I ever got and just did something I was truly interested in. My parents, teachers, advisers, and friends definitly had no idea what they were talking about.
>>
>>37020762
Retailcuck. I fucking hate my life
>>
>>37021538
Fellow engie. What kinda programming do you do?

Also if you're in the US get your company to import me on a H1B thanks
>>
>>37020762
>security guard/professional anime watcher
>best fuken job in the world
>pay is SHIT so I'm gonna have to do something else
FUCK
>>
>current job: shitty ass warehouse work at what might be the worst company in the world, worst experience of my life but the pay is good.

>job starting next month: Pharma equipment company as a technician, seems like it will be 100 times better but we will see
>>
>Excel monkey, er I mean Excel analyst.
>Don't hate it, but eventually want to make more money than I'm currently making.
>>
>>37020805
>>37021158
Work slang has always fascinated me. Not sure why. When I worked retail there was some of that and it really made me feel like I was "one of team" when I used it. Good shit.
>>
>>37022106
you just sit and watch anime while you're on duty?
sounds comfy.
>>
>>37022363
I uhh. I actually brought my guitar and amp to work so I could practice thrash metal.

I burn through too much anime if I just watch anime. 50 hours of anime a week will drive me to naruto and one piss in a flash.
>>
>>37022757
I dont see any downside to this job, how do I get one. Sounds like zero stress and you could probably look like a genius if you aren't a fuck up like everybody else.
>>
>>37022868
Depends on which country you're in and who you work for.

I am lucky in that I work for a family firm who don't do oversight and implicitly trust employees. You may not find that easily in the usa unless you're somewhere rural.

You need some sort of vehicle because these jobs are all very remote. Typically you sit around in a shack on a construction yard.

Mines at a power station that's just finishing up. After this bossman says he has a job at a delivery depot being built that needs a night dude.

Ask around at construction places and see if you can get a number to call. These jobs are high turnover because 1) it attracts fuckup 2) if you're good then you can take your dosh, get training and do something that makes considerably more money, so they normally hire like crazy.
>>
File: zuqKwZwO.jpg (203KB, 1249x1249px) Image search: [Google]
zuqKwZwO.jpg
203KB, 1249x1249px
>Rec. Assistant
>Part-time/Seasonal
>Could be better, could be worse.
>That being said, customers are great to talk to, and coworkers and bosses are pretty chill.
>Used to public speaking, so it's never been that difficult to hide my power level.
>There's a language school nearby with which I'll interview later this month to teach English as a second language part-time.
>>
>>37020762
I'm a librarian at a small non-profit community center that only gets about 2 visitors a week at most. It's an odd sort of purgatory.
>>
>>37020917
How hard is it on your body? Do you ever worry about fucking up and getting shocked or making an arc or something.
>>
Technically doesn't count as employment, but I got a summer CS research grant at my university.

I wished it was more structured. I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should be doing.
>>
>>37020762
>Co-own a comic store
>I mostly use it as an excuse to play Magic and get paid for it. I only do actual work when I need to stock and make sure no one steals anything.
>>
How do you guys even start a career with no direction, no role models, no car, and no money? All I have is a shitty math degree. I know I'm great with numbers and a natural problem solver and that doesn't do anything for me. I feel like I need some perspective.
>>
>>37020762
>shift supervisor at mcdonalds
>I love it
>part time uni
>>
Has anyone here ever work as a UPS Package Handler? I'm going in for a warehouse tour tomorrow and reading some of the stuff people said online is spooking me out. Is it really as bad as people make it seem? I get its physically taxing but I'm gonna use that as an opportunity to lose weight over the summer since I'm 6'2 and about 50 pounds overweight.

I'm super nervous over this job. How can I get over the first job nervousness feels?
>>
Medical retired military after 14 years shit ya being retired is GREAT, job was love hate more suck then good but fuck it
>>
>>37024707
How many people told you it'd be useless and not marketable but you didn't listen?
>b-but my professors said employers love math majors and they can do ANYTHING
sure, that's why your cuck professor was forced into getting a PHD and being a professor. You're limited to academia for the rest of your life and McDonald's would probably reject you.

Every time a math cuck thinks he will have 300k starting salary I fucking laugh.
>>
>>37020762
>Forklift operator
>It's a job
>I get the best numbers in the whole building but I doubt I'll ever get promoted because I'm socially retarded.
>>
>>37024299

They pay you?
>>
>>37024818
Do you really think math undergrads were spreading that meme? Actually you know what they might have, stemfags can be insufferable. No but this is what happened
>live in shit area of US
>teachers say go into stem (so the high school gets more $$$)
>parents say to go in stem because they're also teachers
>uncles and older family members tell me to because they aren't hiring and don't actually have advice for me
I only blame the teachers, especially my parents. They led me down this path and I still don't know what they expected to gain out of it. It's not an excuse. I was an idiot who assumed that my elders knew better and had my best intentions in mind, but I can't do shit about that now so I'm trying to move forward. At least I realized this before I signed up for an aimless masters or ph.d.
>>
File: tumblr_obnmysmU4T1v0pigno1_500.jpg (46KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obnmysmU4T1v0pigno1_500.jpg
46KB, 409x409px
With all of my free time that I have I guess I will monitor this thread, and take notes on the savage wagie
>>
>>37020762
>work
>eat
>sleep
>repeat
>>
>>37024917
Yes, first year math cucks genuinely believe they have good career opportunities and that they're worth anything to society. It's laughable. Very laughable.

>it's my parent's fault
No, cuck. It's your fault. Why didn't you use any common sense? Do you really think math majors are in high demand? You could've coupled it with a double major and it'd be alright, but what the fuck did you really think you would be doing after college? If you didn't have a specific career in mind, you're a fucking retard. "I'll just figure it out after I graduate I dunno now." You should've figured it out in your first year, really. Otherwise you're wasting a lot of time and money. Your parents and teachers might have given you bad advice, but you're fucking stupid for taking it without having a plan.
>math and physics autists
>hurr I'm VERSATILE and can do anything, I'll worry about what to become later durr
>>
>>37024786
I've known people who did it. Literally the worst job you could get. They will treat you like a dog and will work you to death.
>>
>Waitress at sushi bar
No, I hate it, korean dogs steal my tips and mexicans molest me.
>>
>>37025103
are you a qt asian girl? do people hit on you every day?
>>
>>37024857
They pay me $23/hr. I was told by the chairman that there are 15 employees total but I've only ever met him and the cleaning lady who comes in when I leave. No fucking idea where the money comes from and I am scared to ask.
>>
>night nurse
>$38/hr 3 days a week
>shit sux

Good job for robots though. My patients are usually asleep, sedated, and or intubated. It's mostly just about watching for subtle changes and occasionally muttering oh shit when they start dying or stopping a dumbass resident from killing them. I am a lot better about acting and being decisive now. It's a team effort of course but sometimes I'm the most experienced guy on the floor, and if it's a shitty resident she's no use in a code. More than once I've been asked by the doctor what to do next. They learn quickly but it scared the shit out of me. Before that I always thought doctors were super geniuses who always know the answer.

There's other weird changes in myself I noticed. You'd think I'd be more empathetic being a murse but after having people die or horribly disfigured I just have no patience for the junkie bitching about me using a regular IV instead of the small one the odd times I'm pulled to emergency department.
>>
File: I.jpg (67KB, 869x641px) Image search: [Google]
I.jpg
67KB, 869x641px
>>37025075
>>37025075
>>>37024917 (You)
>Yes, first year math cucks genuinely believe they have good career opportunities and that they're worth anything to society. It's laughable. Very laughable.
>>it's my parent's fault
>No, cuck. It's your fault.
>It's not an excuse. I was an idiot who assumed that my elders knew better and had my best intentions in mind
Anyways, I took a ton of econ and stats since I emphasized in econ, but that doesn't do much for me since I don't know accounting or finance.
>>
>>37025186
why didn't you major in accounting? didn't want to be employed? Or you could've done engineering. But you wanted to not be employed right?
>>
>>37025103
I was a waiter/chef at a sushi chain restaurant in a low income area where I was told not to expect tips on my first day. I feel so you much.
>>
File: feet.jpg (63KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
63KB, 600x397px
>>37020762
original nine fuck constituency bar net
>>
File: 1487535032685.jpg (101KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1487535032685.jpg
101KB, 668x1370px
>>37020762
>Data analyst
>job is soul sucking but the people are nice
>also might kms
>>
File: Disappointed.jpg (139KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.jpg
139KB, 480x360px
>>37025204
>I made a mistake because I was stupid and now I see what I did wrong
>But anon why did you make that mistake? You shouldn't have done that!
If I wanted this I would've went to dinner with my mom.
>>
>>37025227
At least you can work remotely, right? Right, anon?
>>
>>37025227
derived blitzed soul gnashed prostate analist here, just going about my job here in the basement. gets messy down here
>>
>>37025228
You're mommy sound a cool sexy bitch I wish she was here instead of you
>>
>>37025146

Cool. Kafkian shit right there.

Maybe you are in fact dead and some kind of ghost. I want your job,anon.
>>
File: 1494268731594.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494268731594.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>be weightlifter
>work at lowes in the garden area
>load soil, mulch, rocks, etc for people
>every day is "haha i wish i could use you at home for X project haha lol"
>old people saying "i remember when i could do that"
>angry rude people getting upset when I don't know where X tool is even though I work on the other side of the fucking store
>young girls touching me awkwardly
>>
>>37025234
No I can't which is pretty fucking bullshit considering it would totally be doable and I'd probably be twice as productive. My department head is a boomer.
>>
>Janitor at a college bookstore
>its ok
Sounds shitty but 99% of the time I dont do anything. I usually hide out on the campus since Im not supervised lol. It wasnt my orignal job at the store but they offered me a raise to do it so I took it.

It kinda amuses me that sometimes the other employees look down on me, little do they know I'm making more than them while doing 5% of the work they do.
>>
>plug in computers and cables
>absolute bullshit that is going to trap me in hardware repair forever unless I make a break for it
>65k a year
>>
>>37025128
No, I'm a tall white bitch. Some do, some don't. They can fuck you with their eyes and tell you how much they love you but tip 2 dollars. I play the cute nervous clumsy girl that just started.
>>37025207
Not only do I not get tips for two weeks, when I do they are pooled and illegally shared with kitchen staff/dishwashers/back mexican chefs and then shared with the sushi chefs, one of which is the owner. Had customers ask about the tip policy recently and hamfisted me money in my pocket.
Should I just start taking tips for myself, or casually dropping that I won't be getting their tips if they do tip me that big?
I'm never working for asians again, I feel like they're always gonna be cheap commie dogs.
>>
>>37025338
>young girls touching me awkwardly
You have dream job
>>
>>37025481
Pls be my woke qtpi racist amazonian sushi-rolling gf
>>
>>37025481
>Should I just start taking tips for myself, or casually dropping that I won't be getting their tips if they do tip me that big?
Definitely the latter.
>I'm never working for asians again, I feel like they're always gonna be cheap commie dogs.
This is the general rule in the real world. You can work with them but not for them. It explains why they're never really in higher positions.
>>
>>37025389
you have the dream job right there m8
>>
>>37025481

I worked in a bar. Every tip above 1euro went into my pocket.

If you are being watched sneak it up your sleeve and then drop it in your ass pocket.
>>
File: 1493546224482.png (333KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
1493546224482.png
333KB, 1200x674px
>>37025484
no its weird

>2 highschool girls and their mom want 30 bags of mulch
>its my job to load it, etc
>they stand in the back of their truck bed
>hand bag of mulch to them
>instead of grabbing the bag they clumsily touch my forearm and run their hands down to where i'm holding the bag to grip it
>repeat 30 times

this happened yesterday
>>
>>37025569
It makes me want to tear my eyes out. I do work a retarded monkey could do. It leaves me feeling pretty shit at the end of the day, when there's so many more interesting parts of IT I'm trying to break into.
>>
>>37025577
I'll see what I can get away with, if they play dirty I can play dirty too. Thanks~
>>37025547
I worked for asians last time and ran out crying because they told me to go sit in a corner on my second week. KOREANS OUT!!!
>>
>>37020762
>executive chocolatier for Hershey
>its aight, i live comfortably
essentially Im like a head chef/supervisor for a lil over 20 people,job is pretty simple and the work enviorment is nice. Not too mention I actually do get attention from grills just because I smell like chocolate all the time.
>>
I'm a minimum wage grunt at the local Safeway. This is my first job; just got it last week actually. It's really made me realize how miserable it would be to do this for the rest of my life. Oh and it's amazing to see how addicted America is to sugar.
>>
>>37022159
What's so horrible about warehouse work?
>>
>>37020762
>pool service and maintenance
>more than like it, don't love it.
Been at it for 10 years now, I'm really good at it, and where I live is an amazing market for it. I'm defecting from the company I work for now, to start my own company. My boss clears $3mil a year to just answer phone calls. I know for a fact I can take somewhere between 15-20% of his customers.
>>
>>37025815
I got the job and quit on training day when I remembered I had to fork over 300 for union fees. Just get a new job. My manager said she worked there for 20 years---my jaw dropped. Lunatic.
>>
File: bug_bisso_.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bug_bisso_.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
QA Engineer

It's not as coding intensive as software developer, or as financially rewarding, but I still get a nice healthy 75k a year and bennies.

I can live with it.
>>
I'm gonna be getting my first job soon, where's a good place to start off?
>>
>low level mechanic for a generator rebuild shop

not a bad job but its not like i love it. at least i get to turn bolts instead of make pizza like i used to.
>>
File: 1492407908712.jpg (61KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
1492407908712.jpg
61KB, 960x945px
>>37020762
>Paramedic
>Getting degree to be police medic
>Still never got any pussy.
>>
I'm a math teacher, it's a really easy job and I enjoy it pretty well. Summers off, so good for those who desire something resembling the NEET life.
>>
>>37025938
Interesting, I didn't have to pay any union fees. Pretty sure two of my managers have been there upwards of 15 years. One of them has an entire upper row of false teeth - likely a result of meth.
>>
>>37025623
better than being stressed out of your mind anon.
>>
>>37025980
Shit where do you live? I'm a Web Dev and I only make 57k a year.
>>
>>37025864
its pretty shit. The repetiveness is overwelming, its tough on your body, the shifts can be as long 12 hours a day or more. and some times you could go a week without being called in. the actual warehouse can be pretty suffocating because your trapped in there until they decide your done, also supervisors will ALWAYS try to cuck you outta of breaks and sometimes you just have to let them fuck you over. not too mention its dangerous work. Last job i had i almost got into an accident while riding a movex because I had a suicidal thought for a split second and instictivly sped up and almost drove right into a forklift. the only good part about it is that you dont have to talk to people and theres no chance of running into old friends/peers who can see how pathetic your life has become like a mcdonalds wagie
>>
Hoo boy, I've posted this a few times but I still find it novel
>packing department at a rodent/ worm farm
>I put mice and hornworms in boxes and waxworms and silkworms in cups
>it was interesting at first, now I fucking hate it
>my coworkers are funny as hell though
>>
im a landscaper. i mow lawns for $18 an hour. ntb desu. i'm saving up to travel asia after this summer.
>>
>>37024917
dude if you knew math and could solve problems, you shoulda went engineering. coulda got a stressful but highly benefited gov't job or just sit back as a consultant for GCs.
you fucked up bro.
>>37026064
you got diesel mech certs or just a gofer?

currently doing burrito-tier landscaping to get money for
>truck
>place to live
>welding or diesel mechanic school, still going back and forth
if any of either ITT, help me out
>>
>>37020762
>Head Cook at a hotel chain restaurant .
All i get is shit from my my female polish boss about date labels and cleanliness, even tho we regularly ace all inspections. Meanwhile she hires her unqualified polish mates to positions of power and I have to sit in meetings in broken English.
>>
>>37026117
What grade? What math?
>>
>>37020762

>Winderman

>Don't know yet since I just started and it beats the fuck out of retail.
>>
>>37026687
how do you get paid that much to cut grass?
>>
>>37025075

Man you're a cunt. Nobody is going to deny that he should have thought about it ahead of time but you're laying it on thick there, buddy.
>>
File: 1494644473484.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1494644473484.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>37026117
I've never had a good math teacher. Jump out the window of a 2nd floor cheap hotel room.
>>
>>37025228

Seriously dude, these guys are just trying to yank your chain. You fell for the meme. A lot of people fell for the meme. They think that it's something you might be sensible about so there trying to beat you over the head with it. They're just being cunts so don't let them get to you.
>>
>>37027110
He's probs not Mexican. People pay more for whiteys, because they don't want people thinking they use illegals, and they don't want to deal with Spanish.
>>
>>37027232
Nah I understand. I know it was a mistake that was my fault and it's why I'm letting them be. They're in the right. Thanks for encouragment, anon.
>>
Who would of thought a man would be made fun of for getting a college degree in mathematics.

What a time we live in. Shit jobs for most and no jobs for an increasing percentage of the population.
>>
>>37027474
Unemployments rates are lower than they have been for awhile. What you must have meant was "no satisfying careers for an increasing percentage of the population". And that is of course going to be the case as culture breaks down and population increases.

So what we need is to set up Henry David T. style communes where we live in the woods and are at one with nature and only loosely linked to one another for occasional resource sharing or emergencies.
>>
>>37027697
The real unemployment rate is around double official numbers that don't include people who just gave up.
>>
File: 1462482421983.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462482421983.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>37027907
I'm right, you're wrong, nanana boo boo stick your head in doo doo
>>
>animal care staff at an animal shelter
>love it
feels good man
>>
File: not worth it anymore.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
not worth it anymore.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>37020762
>Technician at Microcenter
>$15/hr

My invoices are always top 10% and I only called out sick once in 2 years, but I'm too beta to ask for a raise. That's the downside to liking your job. You get underpaid like a bitch.
>>
>>37020762
>Warehouse fulfillment, which means packing and logging orders
>I enjoy it, I get good pay and benefits, management is nice, and it's close to my house
>Still want to go back to college to study CS or something like that
>>
>>37028064
How much are you paid?
>>
>my job is professional ninja sword fighter
>Watching every anime helped
>paid 4 tendies/hr
>new dad kicked me out of house
>boss wants me to give him blowey joey
>won't pay me
>tf do I do
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.