[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a feline companion for myself in this small apartment.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4985.jpg (54KB, 600x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4985.jpg
54KB, 600x618px
I need a feline companion for myself in this small apartment. I work all day and I don't know if it's bad to get just one older cat, or if I should spend a bit extra and get two younger ones.
>>
>>37012916
young ones, you have a great chance of the older one end up ignoring you for the rest of his life, the young one will grown with you and will love you, not guaranteed tho
>>
>>37013107
Yeah, that's what I figured, but I'd rather get two younger cats so they aren't bored out of their skulls when I'm at work. The problem with this is of course the cost.
>>
Older cats are frequently up for adoption because their owner got sick of the shit and piss outside the box. Buyer beware.
>>
two younger ones. much more fun.
>>
>>37013133
Two younger ones is probably a good idea. I'm moving out of my mom's soon and taking my cat with me. He's 3 years old and I worry about how he would behave around a kitten. I think he would probably try to beat up on it since he wasn't raised with other cats. He's very comfortable around dogs though so I might look into picking up a mutt to keep him company while I'm at work.
>>
Two younger ones, if you work all day. Would suck for one being alone all day.
>>
>>37013133
depending of how much you earn, its not a big problem, just learn to give them food only when its dinner or lunch time, buy their shit box and some toys
>>
Don't get a cat if you live in a small apartment.
>>
How many of you fags have disgusting carpet covered in old piss stains, and a general stench of death in your house/apartment?

You petfags disgust me.
>>
>>37013538
So your only experience with cat owners is your grandmother?
>>
File: triops_3.jpg (67KB, 900x272px) Image search: [Google]
triops_3.jpg
67KB, 900x272px
Get a real autist pet.

I grew these like sea monkeys and made 3 generations of them. They're called Triops
>>
>>37012916
I have 3 cats and I only got one as a kitten, you don't need a litter box forever, just keep putting the litter box closer and closer to an outdoor space (if you have one if not you'll have to have a litter box)

I recommend an older cat (2-7) and you should get it from a shelter, at the shelter they'll tell you the cat's personality and you can choose it that way, but if you have a kitten they will be unpredictable
>>
>>37012916

just get a small dog.
>>
>>37013823
small dogs are awful, you might as well have a vicious screaming toddler at all times
>>
>>37012916

As somebody that owns 7 cats let me tell you, get one "old" one.

Can't be arsed to go into detail as why unless I'm asked to do so but trust me. An old cat is gonna be way comfier than 2 young ones.
>>
>keeping cats in a flat
Literal animal abuse.
You want a house in the suburbs so you can let them out.
>>
>>37014573
you mean so your neighbor's dog can maul them
>>
File: 00002.webm (1MB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
00002.webm
1MB, 1100x619px
>>37014619
Always be outside with your cat at all times
>>
>>37014619
Your cat has to be literally retarded to get hit by a car or mauled by a dog.

t. European where most people have outdoor cats
>>
Get two cats that are siblings so they can keep each other company while you work those long hours.
>>
File: aloej.jpg (46KB, 550x576px) Image search: [Google]
aloej.jpg
46KB, 550x576px
>>37012916
go with the two younger ones. they will entertain each other while you're at work
>>
>>37014680
in America you have roaming gangs of youths with guns who like to pick off cats
>>
File: 5-headed fox.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
5-headed fox.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>37012916
What's the most intelligent, non-human animal you can get as a pet?

That would be best. Who wants mindless creatures like dogs or cats or sneks?
>>
File: Snapchat-2728857676395244154.jpg (474KB, 1080x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2728857676395244154.jpg
474KB, 1080x1794px
>>37014745
A parrot, but those things are psychotic.
Get a rat op, they're easy to take care of, very living an doeetty smart
>>
>>37014824
Also rats have way more personality than cats because they are social creatures
>>
>>37013166
It's often just some urinary infection/stones which can be easily treated
Older cats sleep more and don't have the need to run around and go outside, so they might like living in a flat just fine, and they often have a set personality. They can be nice, loving and cuddly too, If you got 2 older cats they could play a bit by themselves but won't ruin all your shit when you're at work
>>
>>37014873
Two older cats would fight.
>>
Get two male cats being offered for adoption in a pair. Age doesn't really matter, you just want a pair that's already bonded, and usually these are kitten brothers. If you'd prefer one older cat and don't plan on getting any more, get an older female cat. They're territorial and usually solitary.
>>
>>37014824
Do rattos bite a lot?

Could I dress them up in robes and give them warpstone weapons and help accelerate their mental evolution?
>>
>>37014733
America was a mistake. (Not my original opinion, by the way.)
>>
>>37014950
Nah, they might nibble you if you taste like food,but they're very gentle.
You could do that...
Fyi boys are a lot calmer than girls
>>
>>37014894
See >>37014928 , also I see houses with older cats when 1 was introduced later, and they get along, all depends on personality of the cat
>>
>>37014950
Their human, never really
They love to bite wires though, and sometimes get electrocuted to death, or just destroy your stuff, I lost like 3 pairs of cheap headphones to mine
>>
>>37013238
most adult cats are chill as fuck around kittens. They know that they are retarded babies. Its when you introduce two adult strangers to each other that they might fight.

My tom cat tried to rape or beat my moms female cat for like two days straight until he realized she was a part of the family and not some intruder trying to steal his food. We had to keep the girl cat behind a closed door for those first two days
>>
>>37013706
do they eventually become incest retards
>>
>>37015019
>>37015103
Might get some rats, then. How many would be best? Two, three? Ten?
They need to have a bro to hang out with, at least, I figure.
>>
>>37014824
Also parrots will probably outlive you and they go nuts after their owner dies sometimes. Something that smart should not be locked in captivity
>>
>>37015350
Yeah at least two is ideal. Only shitty thing is they only live like 2 years
>>
>>37015350
Also try to handle them a lot when they're little baby's. Get a hoodie or something and just put them in there when you're watching a movie or something.
Otherwise they won't like to be held so much
>>
>>37015557
Two years is very short. Would've thought rats to be hardier than that. Wouldn't expect ten years but maybe five.
>>
>>37014950
Girl rats will bite, they're bitches, but guy rats are bros.
>>
>>37013166
Sort of this, I know multiple people that have bought 5+ year old cats that turned out to be terminally ill and died within a few months.
>>37014573
My cat's scared of everything INSIDE the house, she'd probably die of fright outside.
>>
>>37015328
>We had to keep the girl cat behind a closed door for those first two days

This
Two adult cats will definitely try to kill each other at first, but if you separate them and gradually introduce them to each other, eventually they get used to one another and come to accept the other.
Had two male cats as a kid that hated each other the first week or so, but eventually they became de facto brothers and best friends. Used to chase each other around the house and get into all sorts of goofy shit together. Shit was fucking adorable.
>>
>>37015350
2 or 3 is nice if their cage is big enough
also same sex, all of them, they breed a lot
>>
2 kittens is better if you want them to have company
Older male cat and female kitten also works, they have the lowest chances if fighting
>>
>>37014573

Keep your cats on your own property.
>>
>tfw want a cat
>tfw allergies
Fuck.
>>
>>37015370
>Something that smart should not be locked in captivity
Can't you teach a parrot, train it to stick with you so you could take it out on a sort-of walk?

It always seems like such a great tragedy to keep birds indoors for their whole lives. You can let them out of their cage and give them free roam around the house, but it's still just a big cage.
>>
>>37012916
Adopt rescued.
>>
>>37013133
Why not an older, bonded pair? You can meet them before hand to see if you connect with them, you won't have to worrt about them getting into too much trouble when you're at work getting into everything, and most of the time shelters will have a really low donation fee on adult cats.
>>
>>37015811
>My cat's scared of everything INSIDE the house, she'd probably die of fright outside.
Living beings get neurotic when denied their most natural instincts.
More news at 11.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.