[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply to 200+ jobs >not a single call back

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 1490069080622.jpg (25KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
1490069080622.jpg
25KB, 320x301px
>apply to 200+ jobs
>not a single call back
>>
>>37011405
You wrote down the wrong email or phone number stupid
>>
>>37011606
I wish that was it.
>>
you have to be employable to get a job, start working on that
>>
>>37011788
How do I become employable?
>>
>>37012295
You need to have work experience
>>
>>37012295
Get working experience
>>
its luck
Just keep going

Got randomly hired and had call backs from people who told me no before

In one interview i saw a huge stack of apps in the office. Its fucking luck if we are talking dumb/retail labor
>>
>>37012321
>>37012322
How do I get work experience if no one will hire me?
>>
>>37012371
Your only hope is to go to one of those temp agencies and see if they have some shitty manual labor job for you.

But I should warn you that even temp agencies are not by any means a guarantee, and if you do get work, it's going to be awful. Long hours of physical drudgery for low pay and the bosses will usually treat you like shit.
>>
>>37011405
no problem, just blow your rich uncle who works for BIGNAMECOMPANY
>>
File: 250px-Dragon_Warrior_III (1).jpg (34KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dragon_Warrior_III (1).jpg
34KB, 250x352px
>>37011405
>>37012371
I dunno where u live. But in the US you can get entry level stuff like fast food or clerk.

No matter how dog shit the job is it will look good on further resumes.

Good luck op.
>>
>>37012537
>But in the US you can get entry level stuff like fast food or clerk.

No you really can't. I've been where OP is. You can walk into every McDonalds in town and you're still not getting a job unless you know the right people. But if you come from a pathetic loser family like mine with no connections, then it's not happening.

OP's only hope is >>37012407
>>
>>37012537
I live in the US. I have not recieved any call backs from mcdonalds or any fast food place.
>>
>>37012609
Have you ever made it to the interview stage
>>
>>37012655
I did, four times only. They never called me back and I really don't know why. They were interested enough to call me in, but they didn't want to bother afterwards.
>>
>>37012687
you dont understand how many of you there are
also if there are 2 people consecutively interviewing you the first one is always super nice and only tells lies
>>
File: 1469604099909.jpg (258KB, 1500x2204px) Image search: [Google]
1469604099909.jpg
258KB, 1500x2204px
>>37011405
show us your application (with personal data stripped out) and we'll try to find out what's wrong. Unless your name is Dickface or Ballsackstein.
>>
>>37012687
I've been where you are anon. They can smell your robotics from a mile away.
>>
>>37012371
try to get some unpayed traineeships
>>
File: 1476207142169.jpg (93KB, 310x440px) Image search: [Google]
1476207142169.jpg
93KB, 310x440px
>>37012768
>Just work for free, you lazy goyim :^)
>>
>>37012738
I've done that before in another thread. I have also been to several resume reviews at the job center and at my college. The problem is not my resume.
>>37012739
Could this really be it? Some of the interviewers act so friendly, they laugh and seem joyful when speaking with me and compliment me on my resumes, but afterwards I recieve nothing. Even one interviewer said I was perfect for the job, and that they would call me tomorrow. They didn't. Another interviewer called me in for an interview, I drove all the way there, then they told me upfront they couldn't hire someone like me because of my lack of experience (which they knew of beforehand when I submitted my resume to them). When I asked why they made me drive all the way here just to reject me in person, they didn't answer and instead changed the subject. Told me to have a nice day. What am I doing wrong?
>>37012768
I have bills to pay, I can't afford to spend gas money on a job that won't pay me.
>>
File: 1486677834988.jpg (69KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
1486677834988.jpg
69KB, 562x530px
>>37012567
>>37012609
Whew lads. No calls back on fast food?

You don't need to know people. But you can talk to the manager ask if they need help and they will be more likely to look at your app.

I can say from experience you can be a part time custodian at a school or office with zero work history. I work full time as a custodian for a school district and we have tons of fuck up teens working part time.
>>
>>37012843
I've worked as a janitor for a cleaning company before, I had to quit because the distance was too far, I was spending a lot of money on gas to get there to only work for 2-3 hours. So the gas money was eating up all of my pay check, it didn't help that I had to drive to several other locations to just work there for 1-2 hours too. I've applied to other janitor jobs as well, at schools and offices but I have recieved no calls from them.
>>
>>37012843
>You don't need to know people. But you can talk to the manager ask if they need help and they will be more likely to look at your app.
Just walk in and give em a firm handshake. You millenials are so lazy :^)
>>
>>37012843
I forgot to add, that I have walked into stores asking to talk to manager to see if they are hiring and need work, and they always tell me without fail to go apply online. Actually going in store seems worthless now.
>>
>>37012933
if you are applying at a major company like walmart or target or mcdonalds
>>
File: 1491872267300.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491872267300.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>37012834
>I have bills to pay, I can't afford to spend gas money on a job that won't pay me.
The whole system is a scam OP.

They have all the power, and you are expected to be an obedient little cuck and bow down to them. Work for free, waste your gas money, work insane hours seven days a week to the detriment of your health, be treated like shit.

Any sense of dignity, freedom, or self respect is thrown out the window. You're not a human being. You're a worker drone

And people are so brainwashed by this system that if you complain, normies will tell you to suck it up and be grateful that you have the oppurtunity to work for them.

This society is a complete fucking joke.
>>
Why do jobs advertised on craigslist ask you to come in person to the store and insist that you don't call or email at all? Is this to weed out the autists?
>>
File: 1491146116886.jpg (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491146116886.jpg
53KB, 657x527px
.>>37012912
Yeah those gigs are tough. It's pretty easy to get on at a school as a janitor here, you gotta pay for a background check though.

>>37012918
(v:

I don't give a fuck what generation you are from, meeting the person(that veiws all applications) and saying hi so they see you aren't a total fuck up can mean alot.
>>
>>37013039
>Is this to weed out the autists?
This is one of the main goals in the hiring process of any employer. This is why there are so many jobless robots while normies can get a job relatively easily.
>>
Don't apply for generic stuff which gets 9000 applicants, find the stuff that require you to email the employer personally and then send them a few targeted paragraphs about why you would be suitable (I just use the same template and switch in some words from the job description desu)
>>
>>37013126
I've done that as well m8. I have sent personlized and in depth emails to smaller businesses/restaurants/diners. I got an interview with one, said I would be perfect for the job and would give me a call back the next day. Obviously, I was not hired.
>>
>>37013170
Yeah desu I have no idea then, did you try phoning them back about it? Maybe they just expected you to get back to them but that does sound retarded. In that case all I can think of is just straight lying on your resume or if that's too much then just exaggerate some previous stuff you've done
>>
OP is your first or last name in anyway unusual? By unusual I mean either foreign or non-white sounding. Because I've been in charge of interviews before and it was an open secret that you were supposed to weed out such candidates. Corporate and Management have a lot of ghost skins in them and they'll chew your head off if you call in certain kinds of people. They'll never say it outright for obvious reasons but in the end the message is clear.
>>
>>37013519
My last name sounds a bit foreign/rare here in the USA, but the applications always ask for race and I put white.
>>
>>37013568
>the applications always ask for race and I put white.
That's where you fucked up
>>
after 200 your best bet is to lie and say you're employed or had worked.
>>
>>37013617
But that's what I look like. I can't lie and say I'm black, then show up for an interview, and be white.
>>
>>37011405
after you apply you have to call them and ask for an interview.
>>
>>37013118
THIS

And then they complain that their shitty normie employees are quiting or sitting on their phone all day and doing shitty work. Fucking Burger King went out of business because the racist wetback manager refused to hire anyone who spoke english as their first language. They don't want to do good business, they don't want to hire robots.

>>37013568
That should be illegal. It's conveniently illegal to ask about religion, sex orientation, or marrital status, but race gets a pass so 7/11 manager can weed out the non-african/non-pajeets before the interview.

This is the one place in life ugly women have it worse than men. Minimum wageslave jobs discriminate against ugly roasties more than anyone. QuickTrip practically has a policy against ugly girls/nonChads. I must admire they appreciate THICC women though.
>>
Id recommend trying HVAC, OP. Well, if you live in a hot state. Up north, the industry is probably much smaller. Here in Texas, they're desperate for someone to do these shitty jobs. I got one after getting out of community college, after 30 applications and 5 failed interviews. And I was a hungry skeleton, friendless, kissless virgin.
>>
HVAC is good trade, needed. You are sending apps with no follow up calls? of course no one is going to respond. You have to call people, talk to them, plead with them. Tell them you want to work, then send your resume. If you right now call 500 people in the phone book or /googlemaps companies in your area and be honest, you will find a job.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.