[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>human are conscious Bullshit. I only acknowledge that I need

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: adrift.jpg (26KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
adrift.jpg
26KB, 350x300px
>human are conscious
Bullshit. I only acknowledge that I need to urinate, but never actually think about it. I just get up and head towards the toilet. Like a trained dog.
>>
>>37009460
most of them are trained dogs
capable minds are a rare thing to find
>>
Maybe you're a retard OP. I know when I need to pee.
>>
>wake up
>CHOOSE the game l want to play
>cook what l WANT to eat
>shower WHENEVER l want
>program the game l CHOSE to make
>lift according to the routine and exercices l DECIDED to do
>masturbate to what l WANT to

I'm sorry that your life is so empty, l really am.
>>
>>37009542
How do you know YOU are choosing it?
>>
>>37009460
>claims to be unconscious
>by realising that he's unconscious
>>
File: 1443379173803.png (78KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1443379173803.png
78KB, 512x512px
>the stream of consciousness and experience pretends it's people on an anonymous chalk-eater society's message board again
>>
>>37009542
Your brain is involved in very complex chemical processes. It operates whether or not your perceived metaphysical self is aware of it. You don't really have consciousness.
>>
>>37009460
You're not far off OP. I took a course on this subject with the guy who wrote the encyclopedia Britannica entry on philosophy of mind. Him and a lot of other philosophers are pretty much convinced that we don't have the type of consciousness that most people think we do. Look up the computational representation of mind theory.
>>
are you implying dogs aren't conscious? maybe you should just piss yourself if you want to prove a point
>>
>>37010602
>>37009595
>>37009542
Also, in the class we discussed how people feel they have a solid grasp on consciousness is without even studying it in any meaningful sense. Even to go as far as theorizing on the amount of perceived consciousness various animals have.
>>
>>37009460
A mind working entirely on instinct always does whatever is best for the chemistry of the whole body.
>I eat once every two days because I don't like cooking.
>I'm bad at life, therefore I am.
>>
Free will and consciousness arent the same thing retard.
>>
>>37010693
Instinct is not always what's best. It's just the expression of ancestral genes and other complex processes.
>>
>>37010715
It's easy to see how they could be interrelated but free will and consciousness get bogged down by semantics so it's best to separate them.
>>
>>37010715
There's no such thing as free will.

I could tell you right now that you have no free will, and you'll do something to prove me wrong, like touch something random, or think of various ways that I'm wrong. You can say that you have free will because you did those things, but in the end, you only did those things because I gave you the idea, and your mind found the easiest way to prove me wrong.
>>
>>37010806
I don't believe in free will either but I find that most disagreements on free will have to do with each individuals definition of free will.
>>
>>37010800
Consciousness is about experiencing things. I am not just a zombie (see philosophical zombie) but there is something that "it is like" to be me.
None of this has anything to do with free will, not even the pretense of it. I'm sure you too had one of those dreams where you have no control of what's happening, yet you still were experiencing them.
>>
>>37010841
The most common definition of free will is that of libertarian free will, i.e. that you could have chosen otherwise, which is absolute nonsense. Then there's the compatibist view of it, i.e. that there is still a difference between voluntary actions and involuntary ones and therefore responsibility exists, which imo is just semantic drivel.
What other definitions are you aware of?
>>
It's more like you have sub-personalities, like thirsty or hungry. When everything is going fine, (you're satiated) you can generally control those sub-personalities, but if they're desperate you become a whole other beast. (If you've read Freud, it's the id)

The Soviet Union had to put up signs in towns telling people not to eat their children because they had nothing else to eat.
>>
>>37010806
>There's no such thing as free will.
True. It's something of an oxymoron, really. For something to be truly free, it can't be dependent on anything, like one's will is.
>>
>>37010909
I agree you could be conscious without free will but I don't think you could have free will without consciousness. This is what I meant by interrelated
>>37010968
I've talked to some people who started that free will exists due to the simple fact that it is you that is committing an action and not someone else. So you were never forced to do anything. Which is also bullshit.
>>
>>37011075
>I've talked to some people who started that free will exists due to the simple fact that it is you that is committing an action and not someone else. So you were never forced to do anything. Which is also bullshit.
It simply depends on your defintion of "free will" as well as your point of view. Do you view the human entirely, or just the conscious mind?
>>
>>37011099
I think in both regards you are not free.
>>
>>37009460
Well that's because you're retarded, unlike the rest of us, retard.
>>
>>37011145
Obviously. Nothing is truly free. Everything is bound by something.
>>
>>37009542
You're just a robot following your programming.
>>
>>37011267
I was just answering the question
>>
File: 1379850402434.jpg (77KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1379850402434.jpg
77KB, 500x347px
>>37011312
It wasn't meant to be a question.
>>
>>37009460
>Bullshit. I only acknowledge that I need to urinate, but never actually think about it. I just get up and head towards the toilet. Like a trained dog.
You trained yourself though you fucking retard

You could be an animal and just piss where you lay, but obviously you wouldn't do that because that would be retarded
>>
File: 1494444958615.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1494444958615.png
128KB, 579x523px
another one of those
>i watched westworld and now i'm thinking about consciousness
episodes
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.