[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lottery Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0502.jpg (519KB, 1200x808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.jpg
519KB, 1200x808px
Oh shit motherfucker, you just won the Powerball jackpot! You're now wealthy as fuck and can basically do whatever you want!

What do you buy? Do you invest? Start a company? Live as a NEET off of interest and stock dividends? Super fancy expensive shit? Cars? Houses? Luxury condos? Suits?

Discuss.
>>
Buy an apartment, pay off my school loans
and use all the excess money to not work and focus on my career of music.

I like the nice things in life but I'd feel like I would still live like a poor person as I know power corrupts.
>>
>>36988864
>Suits?

Why the hell would I buy suits when I don't need to wear wagecuck monkey garb for work anymore?
>>
>>36988900
Fair point. I'm talking about nice suits tho, like if you want to be the alpha without flaunting your money like a retard. Of course, only in suit-appropriate settings.
>>
>>36988900
Same here, I'd probably become a theater major who doesn't have to worry about the job market. Probably find some good investments too so I can give myself a six figure salary while not driving too far into my winnings.
>>
>>36988864
Buy neet island and get a bunch of anons on it and shitpost all day
>>
File: 1491875300046.png (639KB, 765x428px) Image search: [Google]
1491875300046.png
639KB, 765x428px
>>36988864
Yes men . Live on interest the money .

Don't work anytime . Lose weight than come good appearance .
>>
File: 141947.jpg (86KB, 750x911px) Image search: [Google]
141947.jpg
86KB, 750x911px
>>36988864
buy an apartment, a car, a bike, build a pc, buy some clothes, give some money to my relatives, leave about 100k in bank and give rest to charity.
>>
>>36989027
>give rest to charity.
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
We talking unlimited money hypothetical?
>quit my job
>buy a comfy condo on the beach
>fill it with all the books, vinyls and video games I've ever wanted
>spend the rest of my life being eternally comfy

Or realistic lottery hypothetical?
>put money in savings
>continue to work
>study financing
>invest in a 401k
Remember, anon. Most lottery winners go bankrupt within a couple years because they don't save.
>>
>>36989023
Well I'd still workout, but not work for an employer.
>>
>>36989027
If you're gonna give to charity, at least leave a few million in savings, 100k seems too small unless you plan to keep working at your job.
>>
>>36989039
i'm not a neet. just a failed normie. i have no interest in money.
>>
>>36989077
that's the idea. job keeps my mind off stupid shit.
>>
>>36989060
How about unrealistic lottery hypothetical? Like that one time when the jackpot was 1.3 billion. Can you imagine being the sole winner of that amount of money? I mean, I know there were 3 tickets who had to split the pot and taxes fucked all of them, but even with the amount of money they all got, they could easily retire and live off of dividends and interest. Of course, if they're buying multiple mansions and cars, and being scammed out of their money, then yes, they're going broke.
>>
>>36989101
Still, it's nice to have a few million dollar fallback in case you lose that job. 100k is nothing to scoff at but it seems stupid to give that much away.
>>
>>36989082
>i have no interest in money
You should. Money is a tool. Back in the days the strongest had the best lives--they had all the women and first bite etc.. Nowadays the richest have their say. Money will give you happiness because you have the freedom to take whatever you want all for yourself.

You better start looking out for yourself, because other people don't give a shit about you. You might feel good about donating, but in a few days they'll forget about you and take the money for granted. That money is best off spent at your own will.
>>
>>36989157
Imagine being strong and rich. That's my life goal right there.
>>
>>36989178
Just give me time and money and I'll be happier than the strongest and richest person
>>
Assuming something super high like $50,000,000?

>Pay off debt of immediate family and grand parents.
>Give a bit more to both siblings to help them out for life.
>Consider giving long time family friends something like $50,000 under the agreement that it's all they get and they aren't allowed to be passive agreessive about me not paying for things when the families go out.
>Go full NEET, would comtemplate banging gold diggers then chickning out because they'd just get pregnant by someone else then name me the father.
>>
>>36989219
Time, money, and strength. If I get the lottery win now, which won't happen, but if I do, that could very well be attainable. I'm still young.
>>
>>36989134
good point but i have lived all my life dirt poor and honestly it wasn't so bad. i didn't have to worry about anything because i had nothing to lose. but you're right about one thing - it's stupid to give away that much money.

>>36989157
i have no lust for power. give me a book and a pc and that's all the power i could ever want. yes, i am autistic. no, i wouldn't money away because i want my name to be remembered - it's because i don't know anyone who could possibly put it to good use. maybe my brother but he's still too young. i'd like to make my own way in life.
>>
Buy a medium to small sized house in a cozy neighborhood in my town and just neet it up. I'd do let travel meme and build an even better PC as well.
>>
>>36988864
Mostly investing & charity. The former so I can gain more money w/o burning through the main winnings, and the latter just because it's good to help others who are without (WHEN one is ABLE to).

I'll probably start getting into better shape, so I can live longer & enjoy what I've obtained.

Only thing I'd worry about is the whole taxes thing (cause while you're rightfully contributing fully to the gov, paying so much constantly will wipe it out so fast), and how to prevent others from stealing it.
>>
>>36989226
Paternity tests, brother. Unless you live in a third-world hellhole like France.
>>
do what I'm currently do, just sit on computer and not do anything.
>>
>>36989577
at* sorry
>>
>>36989484

Worse, I'm Canadian.
>>
>>36989596
I'm so sorry

This comment is now all original
>>
Give a proportion to my mum, sister, and dad.

Take out a little bit for my basic needs, invest the rest in an index fund and live off the proceeds.

Eventually buy a large amount of land (2,000 acres +) and build a nice home there. Good internet, a huge library, a gym. Dedicate my life there to study, research, reading, and improving my body and mind.
>>
>>36990510
This, but I'd also get a luxury condo in the city of my choice.
>>
>>36988864
Depends on the exact amount of money. I know I'd be very frugal with it. I'd probably still work a part time easy ass job, maybe be self employed. I'd have time to take up hobbies. I'd expand my record, comic book, camera, and criterion movie collections. Buy whatever clothes I want. Depending on how much money I have I'd either buy an apartment or a small house. If I got a small house I would 10000% buy a hot tub or a Jacuzzi. Maybe buy an original Ray Pettibon art piece. I don't think I'd buy some ridiculously nice car unless I had millions upon millions. I would also get a surgery to make my chin bigger.

There's a lot of things I would do, but it greatly depends on how much money I have. Most of the things listed I'm going to end up doing anyways, so it's not so much about me doing things I can't as it is about doing things and not having to worry about financial stability.
>>
>>36990702
Amen on the chin thing. My chin isn't beyond saving without surgery, but I wouldn't mind looking more like the pic in the OP.
>>
>>36990725
>>36990702
I feel like cosmetic surgery is a pretty beta thing to do, but that's probably because I don't feel like I have some unrecoverable cosmetic defect. I know a friend who had a procedure done to make his chin more pronounced. It really is more pronounced now, and yet the procedure didn't actually create a better jaw in general, which not only extrudes nicely, but is wide and strong with good angles. No surgery can give you that.

My chin isn't good at all; to be honest, I look like a girl when I'm unshaven. But I grow a nice, big, manly, grizzly full beard, and look much better.
>>
>>36990842
My beard is shit too. Like i said, I don't need it, but you don't just go around telling people you had the surgery.
>>
>>36990842
yea but I'm not trying to get surgery to improve my jawline. I just want my chin to be bigger. And I don't like the way I look with a beard
>>
File: 1494354386261.jpg (145KB, 620x758px) Image search: [Google]
1494354386261.jpg
145KB, 620x758px
Basically what I said last thread. I'd invest it, build some sort of manufacturing facility so that socially awkward people like me don't have to be NEETs/failure wagecucks, and give them a comfy job that pays well without needing much experience. And also get myself a nicer place to live. And a vacation. And a cat.
>>
>>36991234
Nice choice, this seems like the best option.
>>
>>36988864
I become a very richer man and proceed to do what i already do letting that shit accumulate because i don't spend more than i make by a large percent.
I suppose if i ever do decide seeing the world actually is a worthwhile endeavor and isn't scary i'll have an easier and longer time of it.
>>
>>36989027
Better to make your own charity. A lot are a scam and you'll just be making jewberg richer
>>
>>36992438
Only thing left to do is start a charity and become the jewberg.
>>
File: 1492829119235.gif (1MB, 237x336px) Image search: [Google]
1492829119235.gif
1MB, 237x336px
>>36989060
>years because they don't save.
Are they all normies who just SPEND SPEND SPEND?
Everyone should know that spending everything is going to result in bankruptcy.
>>
>>36993257
Most lottery winners have this period were they assume they suddenly aren't chumps and that their sudden increase in spending habits is sustainable instead of being smart, continuing to live the way they had, and investing.

Some even assume that extra dosh means they can just up and quit their jobs because they don't understand they either take a lump sum and receive maybe 30% of the actual lottery or a longterm sum and get it all over the course of their life.

Most take the lump sum, start spending like crazy buying a new expensive car and shit then run out of cash.
>>
>>36988864
>move to a tourist trap island
>luxury home and invest on some local business for source of income
>live in a luxury home drinking and partying time away whenever i feel like it
>rest of the time ill probably go around checking the local cuisine or planning vacations else where
>live life to the fullest in a never ending hedonistic bliss

That's what money is for right?
>>
I'd buy a decent house, not to big, not too small, invest in some recording equipment and make music, possibly invest in a small business venture, give money to family and any close friends that need it, maybe donate to some charities, put the rest in savings
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.