[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nicotine General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: wacky_tobacky.jpg (267KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wacky_tobacky.jpg
267KB, 1024x1024px
Do any of you robots smoke tobacco pipes? My grandfather used to smoke one every night before bed, and I fell in love with the smell. I recently gave up cigarettes, so I'm thinking of moving over to pipe. Probably something that looks like pic related.

E-cig, cigar, cigarette, and snuff posters are also welcome. Gum chewers and patch wearers can fuck right off
>>
File: pipe chart.jpg (156KB, 1000x611px) Image search: [Google]
pipe chart.jpg
156KB, 1000x611px
Common pipe shapes, each with their own quirks
>>
>>36984013
used to occasionally smoke a cigarette but kept it to a few to half a pack a week because of the skyrocketing price and just wanting to keep the nicotine rush good, recently though a friend tipped me off that cigars arent taxed and they make "filtered little cigars" which are just cigarettes with a tobacco wraper instead of paper for as low as 1.23 a pack, took a look online and ordered a carton for 8.67 and now ive been smoking atleast one a day. Theyre not too different ant atleast theyre a decent smoke but I already lost the buzz I once treasured. so I guess im going to try and quit while I still have 4 packs laying around and see how it goes. Wish me luck!
>>
It is common knowledge that all female pipe smokers refuse to wear bras
>>
>>36984089
Good luck! Don't hesitate to throw your remaining packs away. I've said to myself on several occasions that I would quit..just as soon as I finish my remaining smokes. It never happens.
>>
File: beech_wood.jpg (154KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
beech_wood.jpg
154KB, 960x653px
pretty polished wood
>>
Smoking a pack of Winston Reds every single day. Definitely my biggest addiction. The only "good" thing is, cigarettes here (Balkan countries) aren't as expensive. Pack of Winston is about 2,80 USD.
>>
>>36984104
Thanks! Ive already given away a few packs to fellow smoker friends, day 3 without any and its not so bad, but I miss having a few minutes out of every day to just sit outside have something to keep me occupied while I let my thoughts wander, without a cigarette I dont feel like I can do that because I just get bored sitting out trying to take a break.
>>
>tfw /r9k/ is filled with filthy X-men
>>
>>36984013
I vape almost constantly and smoke about a pack of marlboro 100s a week
>>
>>36984340
Picture of vape pen, pls

Also, why vape AND smoke ciggies?
>>
File: IMG_20151015_163908.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151015_163908.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
I smoke a pipe, recently found my granddads pipe, I have bought a few of my own. What do you want to know? The switch takes some getting used to, but a good beer and a long hobbit pipe filled with some cherry tobacco is a thing to cherish indeed
>>
>>36984359
I have two, a smok V8 and a Kangertech. I'm not super into gear or specs or anything so I can't tell you much beyond that. Cigs are just much more enjoyable to me. I try to limit them as much as I can and rely on vaping for my nicotine fix but they're too comfy to cut out completely.
>>
>>36984380
I got that one at a headship in Minneapolis. Smoke it by the lakes here. Truly peaceful
>>
>>36984380
Wow, thats a nice pipe.

>What do you want to know?

Where do you buy your pipes and pipe tobacco?

How long do bowls generally last?

What is a good starting pipe?

I've heard that you need to let a pipe "rest" after each bowl, meaning that I can't smoke it again for 24 hours. Is this true?
>>
>>36984423
A good headshop or tobacco retailer will have plenty. I grabbed a long hobbit looking pipe and it's nice as the long stem gives the smoke a chance to cool a bit. You can get tobacco even at a gas station. I usually get it from a smoke shop though. No, you don't need to let it rest, and a bowl can last for a bit. Maybe up to 20 minutes
>>
>>36984013
>>36984073
Call me minimalist but I only like a straight billiard pipe aesthetics. I see the rest as losing focus.
>>
>>36984423
>Where do you buy your pipes and pipe tobacco?
Online. Tobaccopipes.com is great at explaining different pipes and tobaccos, and their forums are very useful for a beginner
>How long do bowls generally last?
That depends on three things: the pipe, the tobacco, and the user. Pipes with large bowls and short stems tend to last the longest. If you want something that gives you 45-60 minute bowls, buy a Prince or Author pipe. The tobacco needs to be dry, but not so dry that it crumbles when you press it between two fingers. NEVER SMOKE WET TOBACCO. It is bad for the pipe, and ruins the entire bowl.
>What is a good starting pipe?
Each pipe is different, and I already mentioned the best pipes for prolonged bowls. Just find a forum that deals in this sort of thing, and you'll find what you're looking for in no time.

I'll link the last pipe I bought. It's my favorite one out of the six I own.

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/savinelli-trevi-rustic-320-ks-tobacco-pipe/

>>36985066
I agree that some pipes look straight up obnoxious, but they all have a reason to be shaped the way they are. For instance, I love how Dublins look, but they are uncomfortable to smoke for some reason
>>
File: meerschaum-pipe-2.jpg (223KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
meerschaum-pipe-2.jpg
223KB, 1000x750px
Look at this silly little thing
>>
>>36985182
>I agree that some pipes look straight up obnoxious, but they all have a reason to be shaped the way they are. For instance, I love how Dublins look, but they are uncomfortable to smoke for some reason
I'd dispute that a lot of styles are just there because artisans want to try something different, or people just like the shape. Form over function sadly.
Tried a churchwarden and it was a pain in the arse to transport, bent pipes annoy the crap out of me when cleaning, all I use now are my straight dublin briars.
>>
>>36984013
I stoped somking cigarettes last summer and became fat as a result. Can't recommend it.
>>
>>36985267
lol just smoke again to lose that weight
>>
>>36985182
>http://www.tobaccopipes.com/savinelli-trevi-rustic-320-ks-tobacco-pipe/

Fuck that's a nice looking pipe. Unfortunately, it's a bit more than I can afford.

What is your go-to tobacco?
>>
>>36984073
I have a church warden
>>
>>36984013
Smoked cigarettes on several occasions. A variety of brands.

I think I enjoyed the feeling of one particular brand (don't remember the name). But smoking in general is not something I care to do ever again. Don't care for the smell and the feeling I get from it seems fruitless.
>>
>>36985382
Yeah, it isn't a cheap hobby. Not to mention the fact that if you plan on smoking a pipe every day, you need to have at least two pipes so you can let one of them "rest". Just find something with a 5-star rating that is in your price range. If you like how the pipe feels, save up and buy a better one. As far as tobacco, I tend to gravitate towards vanilla. I always smoke a nightcap bowl before bed, the tobacco and pipe I use make it last for an hour and a half.

>>36985384
Nice, how is it?
>>
>>36985382
Depends on my mood.
I'll normally smoke Dunhill Nightcap during the day with some Samuel Gawith Brown No.4 if I want a good hit from Uncle Nic or some Orlick Golden Sliced if I want something mellow.
>>
>>36984104
Smoking is for men

Women that smoke are disgusting
>>
>>36985486
Look at them tiddies tho
>>
>>36984013

smoking pipe is the better alternative when it comes to smoking. I started from cigars and ended in pipe tobacco. The taste and different varieties is so much better.

Start with Frog morton cellar, an aromatic and night cap, an english blend so you know which one you like.
then just buy whatever looks good.
>>
Are you supposed to inhale the smoke from pipe tobacco?
>>
>>36985506
Disgusting doesn't mean I wouldn't shag them.

But no woman that intends to mother my children will have ever smoked.
>>
>>36985582
definitely not
if you do
you won't enjoy yourself one bit
only chain smokers can pull that shit off
>>
>>36985458
It stopped clogging awhile ago so great
>>
>>36985589
Lol fuck off you uppity coon
>>
anyone else smoking tobacco thru a bong ?
>>
>>36985659
I'm white though. Checkmate.
>>
>>36985787
Are you stupid my man
>>
>>36986137
idk how harmful is it ?
>>
Quit smoking a couple weeks ago
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.