[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are you religious? do you consider homosexuality a sin? if you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

File: 1494474743022.png (730KB, 996x910px) Image search: [Google]
1494474743022.png
730KB, 996x910px
are you religious?
do you consider homosexuality a sin?
if you died right now would you be going to hell?
>>
>>36982799
>Yes, very.
>Of course. G-d is very clear about that in the bible. If you're a man that fucks men you should be killed. This should be legally enforced or the nation is doomed.
>No. I'm a man of faith and I live in accordance with g-d's teachings.
>>
File: 8ab.jpg (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
8ab.jpg
53KB, 640x640px
I am not religious
homosexuality is a mental disorder
hell does not exist
>>
I am religious and so are you if you are so foolish as to believe in choice.

Homosexuality is a sin, but so are many things. I am happy to have many or any men out of competition, but if a woman denies herself motherhood it is a sadness to me.

No, because I accept Jesus Christ as my lord in savior. I don't do much wrong and seek forgiveness and redemption.
>>
>>36982799
Believe it or not, I am.
Yeah I guess. I've got my stances on it without all that, though.
Yeah.
>>
I'm not religious but I have very seldom met a gay person I liked. So it's not as much that I'm against homosexuality as I just don't like the typical homosexual.

>if you died right now would you be going to hell?
probably, but not because I'm a homo
>>
>>36982799
No
No
No

Oreej Eenal
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
Nope
>do you consider homosexuality a sin?
Live and let live. They'll be out of the gene pool once their lives end anyway.
See first question.
>>
>>36982799
1) Yes
2) Of course.
3) I hope not.
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
No.
Obviously not in a religious sense, but having homosex is immoral and it should be heavily stigmatised.
It'd depend on which religion/sect I based that on. Some yes, some no.
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
Yes
No. Religion is not about arbitrary rules that must be obeyed to be part of some sort of elite. It's about love and happiness. Happiness is when we think everyone is good in their heart (even if it's not true). Depression is when we think some people are bad. Bad people remind others that bad people exist. There's no correlation with homosexuality and this.
No.
>>
>>36982986
Since when did procreation and preserving natural families and innocence become arbitrary and sodomy become canon?
>>
>>36983100
sodomy didn't become canon, you're thinking of that one AU i think
>>
i am op if anyone cares

my answers are probably yes, its hard to believe but ive been raised in a christian home so its hard to go full on atheist too
no, and
yes
>>
File: victoryforjammeh.jpg (34KB, 560x393px) Image search: [Google]
victoryforjammeh.jpg
34KB, 560x393px
>>36982835
>being a Joo
>2017+3760
>>
>>36982799
stop posting this roasty
saged
>>
>>36982986
>Religion is not about arbitrary rules that must be obeyed to be part of some sort of elite. It's about love and happiness.
Your LGBT cult isn't "religion", faggot.
>>
>are you religious?
Yes very much so.

No, but gay sex is grave matter.

Probably. It stinks but I am going to confession tomorrow so that should help.
>>
>>36982799
I'm atheist and not a right-wing, but modern homosexuality is clearly a kind of "social disorder", artificial problems propagated by the elites to keep us in check
>>
>>36983244
>gay sex is grave matter
It is absolutely sinful, call it what it is or read Scripture and the Catechism.
>>
>>36983278

Yes, sinful is implied by "grave matter" but the severity of the sin (mortal vs venial) depends on the level of consent and knowledge involved. As you know, being an avid CCC reader.
>>
>>36982799
Yes
Yes
Yes
Original shit right here
>>
>>36983233
but she is a cute and religious gay girl so it fits
>>
>>36983320
What I'm telling you is to not hesitate using the word "sin" or "sinful" when homosexual sex is implied. There's no way around it.
>>
>>36983434

I didn't, I used the more precise term "grave matter" which refers to one component of sin (the matter). And yeah I do think its important to be precise.
>>
>>36982799
Nope
Nope
Can't go to a place that doesn't exist
>>
>>36983451
Your response should've been "homosexual thoughts aren't but acts are". By saying "no" in response to whether homosexuality is a "sin" and then using the words "grave matter" with regards to homosexual acts, one might get the wrong idea.
>>
>>36983499

The acts are sinful against a backdrop of consent/knowledge though. Like assuming outright gay rape, (for an extreme example), that would not be a sin at all. With sexual sins there's a lot of ugly addictions and ignorance that pop up.

Maybe your approach is better but understand what I am trying to convey too.
>>
>>36983529
>extreme example
Indeed, just like when people bring up pregnancies which resulted from rape as an excuse for abortion even though they don't even constitute 1% of the cases.
>>
File: helperstupidkikessmeme.png (54KB, 1025x654px) Image search: [Google]
helperstupidkikessmeme.png
54KB, 1025x654px
>>36983590
well if she keeps dressing as a cirque de solei perform and making bad drawings she won't be
>>
>>36983584

Yeah but you know consent and knowledge are important right?
>>
>>36982857
>""""mental"""" """"""""""disorders'''""
thought you said you weren't religious
>b-but it interferes with reproduction
so does D&D
>>
File: REEEEEE.png (763KB, 1152x874px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEE.png
763KB, 1152x874px
>>36983615
She was never supposed to get popular!!!

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>36983632
congrats on supporting teaching kids about anal sex and more than 20 genders my boy

I heard a guy in china had a baby from his asshole maybe you are right
>>
>tfw no aggie gf
>tfw we'll never turn each other straight
>>
>>36982799
I was when I was younger, in the ideology I was raised in, it was. Personally, I'm all for it. Liberte. It's possible? Not sure I have any good reason to believe in anything past cessation of biological function.

Late to the party on threemilk_T, adorable.
>>
>Hell
We're already in hell. We're not enlightened, and we're stuck in the cycle of life.
>>
>>36984758
She deleted her "Response to 4chan Bullying" video, so you will never experience it. If someone has the archive link, pls post it
>>
>>36984835
Aw.. been watching her videos and twitch vods. Too cute!
>>
>>36983360
I'd like to thank you again for reposting my screenshot. I'm glad it's getting a lot of usage lately.
>>
>>36983644
she is legitimately beautiful though. Never heard her voice but I hope she's not retarded
>>
>>36984994
It's not but she could use singing lessons. She has her moments!
>>
File: suchaqt.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
suchaqt.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>36984994
she's on the spectrum, but I wouldn't say retarded. She has the voice of a 12 year old.
>>
I turned myself into a woman just so I could please God and not be a homosexual.

I should get like extra big wings or something.
>>
>>36985126
>She has the voice and body of a 12 year old
Fix'd
>>
>>36985145
>Body
>18, but looks younger

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>36985145
you want to convince robots that they're not attracted to agatha
you will, in reality, convince them that they are attracted to 12-year-olds

you are making a mistake
>>
>>36982799
Yes, I'm religious. No, I don't consider it a sin, but I couldn't say where I'd go. I hope heaven. I try to be devent, and is assume a loving God would understand some mistakes, if not have a sense of humor about them
>>
>>36985145
You could not be more wrong mate ;^)
>>
>>36985184
Kill yourself pedo

asfhkjasd
>>
Game here hoping to discuss religion but all I see are people pining after a 12yr old aspi

Never change, 4chan
>>
File: 1488440068905.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488440068905.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>36985248
Liking Agatha doesn't make me a pedo. She's 18
>>
>>36982799

1. Kinda. Mostly lean towards yes to being religious.

3. I probably would be going to hell.
>>
>>36985285
How new are you faggot? Agatha has been on here for months, and she's 18.
>>
>>36985248
Just because she doesn't flaunt herself semi naked like the girls you follow on instagram doesn't mean she has the body of a 12yo
>>
>>36985331
It's the look and attraction fampai. You're pining after middleschoolers, or at least people who look like them
>>
>>36985355
Agree to disagree. I'm also 18 and lots of girls like like Agatha's age.
>>
I was never religious, I mean not even as a little boy
I am from a roman catholic country so I even did the First Communion but I did if for the gifts and for social pressure (as a thing you should do to feel integrated) but always thought of it as a silly thing
I don't think there is a God, and if there is one he must be evil or at least stupid, so he doesn't deserve nothing done in his name
>>
>>36985404
Jeez m8 you sound on the spectrum, and probably still in school. Don't worry, summer vacation is right around the corner kiddo!
>>
File: Ars moriendi 14.jpg (237KB, 753x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ars moriendi 14.jpg
237KB, 753x1024px
>>36985527
>tfw one month short of being 34
JEEEEEEEEEZ

I've been browsing 4chan too much on the last decade so "on the spectrum" is a major understatement

at least religion always deliver good art
>>
File: 1489819382712.png (215KB, 626x602px) Image search: [Google]
1489819382712.png
215KB, 626x602px
>>36983615
>nobody was crazy enough to scare her of the internet before normies arrived
what a mess
>>
>>36985665
You're right, we failed. We did get her to delete a couple videos though
>>
Nope, it's bullshit.
No.
There's no good reason to believe in hell, and any god who'd condemn person to infinite torture for not believing in him on bad evidence is a monstrous piece of shit unworthy of worship.
>>
File: you're probably stupid.png (211KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
you're probably stupid.png
211KB, 380x380px
just thinking of her channel getting super big is actually making me nervous
>>
>>36985755
Dammit, she beat us. What a sneaky little kike.
>>
>>36985702
Why do so many people still reason on religion like 14 yr olds with something to prove. obviously nobody could be an atheist in hell. and presumably only the evil go to hell Christianity is totally unlike islam and Judaism in that morality is conscious based now legally based, whenever a retarded mid western mum or a protestant preacher says your going to hell for such and such thing they are just talking out of their asses, ultimately something can be judged as right or wrong in so far as it is or is not derived from caritas, there is nothing unjust about it
>>
show some jiggle tits
>>
>>36985860
The Bible literally says the only way to go to heaven is through faith in Jesus and that the ONLY unforgivable crime is being an atheist. The Christian requisite for heaven isn't moral behavior, it's blind faith.

Who's been selling you this "only bad people go to hell" bullshit?
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
I believe that there's something out there but organized religion is not my thing
I don't know, everyone should do whatever the fuck they want but I don't consider it normal
Probably not
>>
>>36986043
No anon that's the vulgar understanding of 'the only way is through me' the actual signification is that Christ himself decides your fate himself, specifically not some raver saying you will go to hell.
But once again it would be impossible to be an atheist in the afterlife, suggesting that only people who are Christians and know the Nicene creed in this life got to heaven is to actually suggest that people who live in parts of the world which havent received Christianity never even had a chance
>>
>>36986167
Read this page and cease your bullshit.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/becoming-a-christian/is-christ-the-only-way/dont-all-good-people-go-to-heaven
>>
>>36986205
No read some good theology nigger, that was nothing. The worst thing that ever happened to religion was americans
>>
>>36986246
>good theology

lol you mean the kind of horse shit that jumps through miles of rhetorical hoops in absurd attempts to rationalize unjust and irrational nonsense with the untenable presupposition of benevolent and supernatural authorship instead of straightforward reading of what the text actually says?

No thanks, nigger. Read some Hitchens, bitch.
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
no
no
no

i wish christcucks would stop larping on this board and go back to /pol/
>>
>>36986357
I like hitchens baby boy, I think its a great shame though that in the last 40 years American christians have humiliated themselves and totally changed perception of Christianity and obscured the wealth of beauty and achievement that the tradition contains so that now, modern westerners are hostile to it and dont want to recover it from their bastardising grip. instead people have dug in to the relativism-materialism-atheism with both feet which is precisely responsible for the existential disaster that western civilization is in now.
when examined for more than a second you realise that the entire history of atheist achievement is just a couple failed, mass murdering communist states and the 21st century suicidal western societies where as the achievement of theist cultures is literally everything else.
>>
>>36982799
She'd be cuter if she took care of herself. Either that or stopped trying to appeal to lonely virgins or whatever.
>>
>>36986464
I'd love to read your retarded ass explain to me how materialism and/or atheism are responsible for the "COLLAPSE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION!!!11!!".

And I bet you're one of those ass burgers who thinks Soviet Russia is somehow the ultimate end-game of atheism. Atheists are a herd of cats. The only thing two atheists necessarily have in common is that they both lack belief in gods. That's it. They can have wildly different opinions on everything else. Unlike the religious, we don't have some codified book of ancient bullshit giving us shitty lists of rules any 10-year-old could improve or a favorite movie we're all supposed to have.

That Stalin was an atheist means as much to me as the fact that he had a mustache. What I care about is his moral philosophy, which was dog shit. I subscribe to secular moral philosophy. The kind the United States of America was founded on. The kind of philosophy honed during the Enlightenment, whose main feature was heavy criticism of religion and was responsible for pulling you delusional fuckwits away from shit like your naughty witch-burning fetish that your big book o' bullshit told you was a good idea.

If anything's "destroying western civilization" it's anti-science, anti-intellectual religious morons like yourself.
>>
No.
No I'm pro gay rights, but they make it hard for me to support them. So many over the top faggots it makes me want to go Mike "LGBT BBQ" Pence mode.
Don't know, don't care. I haven't done heinous things.
>>
Religious as in Christian/Muslim?
According to my faith in Christ homosexuality is indefinitely a sin. Its forgivable just like any other sin (except blasphemy against the holy spirit) but the act of homosexuality is still abominable to God of the Bible and I don't condem them personally and neither does God, if they don't repent from their lust they will risk judgement like everyone else who isn't saved yet. Condemning homosexuals to death and exclusion in society is wrong and past/current followers of christ who do this are not following Christ properly and should return to their bibles/acknowledge & repent.

Doesn't mean I don't believe homosexuality detriment society though. Homosexual couples should have civil unions not marriages through a church.
>>
>>36986707
Atheism necessarily gives birth to relativism which lets loose a whole range of beasts, but I was being overly provocative because most people who aren't Christians still engage in religious activity of moralising and are good people. Its often made as an argument against religion that its just a coping mechanism for small beings adrift in a big universe without meaning, which if their is no god is entirely true, but the same people making that argument just ignore the fact the it makes and judgment of anything subject in existence that isn't just a description of matter in motion meaningless. In other words you have to be in an extreme state of cognitive dissonance to actually be an atheist and a moralist at the same time, or else you don't really believe one of the two.
I have no idea in the world one what grounds anyone could call me anti-science and anti-intellectual, it made me laugh. honestly the fact the you have crash-course history tier understanding of history and philosophy combined with your aggressive close mindedness makes you look like the anti-intellectual, but maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge and make your mistake.
As for the bible it's not a codified ancient text. IT IS NOT THE QURAN. Any good bible reader recognizes that it was compiled over a period time containing myth, poetry, literature, history, and theological truth. it's not an authoritative word of God its culture rich document filled with subtlety
When I was an atheist 15 yr old I went around my school in a group bullying Christians because I thought they were retards, and these particular ones were, but soon after I read Augustines confessions, theres an early part where as a Manichean he going around his university deriding it but he later realises that really he knew nothing about Christianity only the stereotypes which surround it.
>>
>>36983213
I miss jammeh..
>>
>are you religious?
I flip flop.
it is a sin
the hebrew word is gehena which is a burning lake of fire that kills spiritual beings as well as humans. The idea of hell came about probably from when the bible was translated into greek and then latin from hades.

you have to know the bible, history, and a bunch of shit to have an idea of what might happen to you if you are gay, a murderer, trim the corners of your beard and work on the sabbath.

the religious world has been killing themselves over this stuff for so long it's no wonder gay little teens are opting out
>>
>>36982799
In some way.
No.
Yes.
>>
>>36987016
>relativism

lol you mean the concept that there are no such thing as absolute rules? The concept that morality and law ought to be debated and discussed instead of just believed - for no good reason - to be the immutable word of someone's deity?

Religious peoples' concept of morality is fucked. You've never thought about it for more than two seconds have you?

Morality is ultimately reducible to empathy and reciprocity. Things which come from us as thinking, feeling creatures capable of imagination, honest self-examination, suffering, and joy. I don't need a god to know what suffering is.

Go ahead and try to come up with a valid moral system which doesn't crumble without those two concepts.

You prove yourself anti-intellectual with nonsense like "atheism leads to the collapse of western civilization" and "atheism leads to lack of morality".

>Bible is not a codified ancient text
What the fuck are the 10 commandments? Just stop with the bullshit.

The funny thing is, I don't even really give a shit about the apologetics bullshit or any other hermeneutical aspects of yours or any other religion. What I care about - ultimately - is if there's good reason to believe any of what it says. Not only have you not met that burden of proof, but all the things people like you claim we "need" religion for - things like morals and social cohesion - we DON'T actually need that for, and can even have better without religion.
>>
>>36982799
no
absolutely
I hope not
>>
>>36982799
I like religious things and want to be religious, but I'm not.
>>
>>36987526
How can you consider one thing a SIN if you are not religious?
>>
>are you religious?
No, but theology interests me, regardless of the religion.
There are things more despicable than homosexuality. The only problem is when gay people brag about it (t.gaypride). Also, how can you say homosexuality is an sin when you spend all your time on a website where Traps(boipussy), incest and rape seems tolerated ?
If it's about sins and stuff, yes. If it's about being a good person, no
>>
File: 1489315099459.jpg (229KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
1489315099459.jpg
229KB, 640x379px
>>36987511
You still dont understand the consequences of relativism do you, it turns humans beings into biological machines just writhing in the abyss.
And you still have some retarded sola scriptura conception of the bible which is not the basis or the context of which Christianity emerged at all.
I dont care what people actually believe I only want them to actually engage and explore Christianity genuinely but even still you have engrained on your mind the image of the American Protestantism which emerged in the 80s and 90s instead of millenium spanning culture which engaged all areas of thought in every possible way.
the charge of anti intellectualism is still a good one, textbooks are also gospels.
Athiest moral and social cohesion is already kek worthy but the fact that you've just called for relativism earlier is even funnier.
its my bedtime now xx
>>
>>36987095
>trim the corners of your beard and work on the sabbath
That's the Mosaic Law, Mr. Bible """"Expert"""".
>>
>>36982799
>yes
>yes
>and definitely yes
>>
File: IMG_1066.gif (16KB, 693x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.gif
16KB, 693x747px
>>36982799
>are you religious?
No.
No.
But of course.
>>
>>36982799
No
No
No because it doesn't exist
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
Relatively

Yes.

By the grace of god no!
>>
bump this seems like an interesting thread!
>>
>>36982799
>no
>no
>can't know if there is hell
>can't know what leads you to hell
>>
No.
No (I don't care..)
There is no place called hell.
>>
>>36982799
I hate talking about religion because there's no arguing with someone who's religious.

I can completely understand why someone would believe in religion. But that should not have any effect on the lives of those around them and a specially the society as a whole. Organized religion is retarded, a relic from the past that has no place in modern civilization.

>No
>No
>No, because there is no such thing
>>
>>36982799
No
There's no such thing as sin
Yes
>>
>>36982799
no
no
im already here
>>
>>36982799
I'm agnostic, I don't deny the possibility of God existing. I want to believe that life is more than meets the eye.
Homosexuality is ok in principle, but homosexuals can be very troubled people.
If I understand things correctly, unless I'm instantly killed I can truly repent my sins and be accepted into heaven. I think I've been mostly good so I'd likely make it in anyway.
>>
>are you religious
I'm only into occultist stuff
>do you consider homosexuality a sin
nope
>if you died right now would you be going to hell
if Abrahamic religions were real, then yeah
>>
>>36982799
Never have been. Been questioning God since I was 6 years old in Sunday School.

Homosexuality isn't a sin, it's natural. Transgenderism is the same, but it does produce mental illness when the physical body doesn't match the brain it houses.

No such thing as hell, or heaven.
>>
>>36982799
Yes, I used to be a very active member of my faith but over the last few years I've struggled a lot with my beliefs.

I do not believe the temptation of homosexuality is a sin, but I do believe the act of homosexual intercourse is, I also believe all sexual intercourse outside of marriage is sinful, since God ordained marriage only between a man and a woman all other forms of sexual conduct are therefore sinful in nature.

No, I honestly don't believe any one is going to Hell unless they had a first had experience with God or Christ and have since denied them. (eg Judas and Lucifer)
>>
>>36982799
No no and yes
>>
>>36982799
>are you religious?
Not at all. In fact, I don't really understand the whole concept of "spirituality". I mean, I know the dictionary definition of it, but I just don't relate to it, so it's just an abstract concept to me.

No, of course not. Why should I care about a couple of anti-gay sentences written in a 2000 year old book of fantasies?

I have no evidence that hell exists, so I would bet against it. When I die, my brain would cease to function and my molecules would be reused as building blocks for new life. That's okay with me.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.