[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about Autism Spinners

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: fidget-spinner-red.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fidget-spinner-red.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
Let's talk about Autism Spinners
>>
My sister came home with one of these the other day. What are these things and what can you do with them?
>>
>>36978594
>autism spinner
>everyone I see with them is normie
>>
>>36978594
>pick skin around fingernails when bored
>have scarring/discoloration, sometimes I even bleed
I feel bad for buying one, seeing as the fad will die and I'll look like a dumbass, but I think that it might actually help me.
>>
>>36978594
Pogs for millenials or whatever this current <30 year old generation is called.

A fucking hot meme that'll be gone by next month.

My 12 year old nephew has one.
>>
>>36978764
The latest toy fad. I just came across one at the gas station for $6 so I had to buy one. It's a hunk of plastic with a bearing in the center. You pinch the center and spin it and it goes for about two minutes.
>>
>>36978594
Omg i want one but i am embarassed to buy it myself they are just like candoms.
>>
>>36978854
order it online
or just buy it, the cashier probably sees tons of people buying them
>>
>>36978764
They were made for people who have trouble figdeting with shit

But that turned into an excuse for annoying cunts who needed to justify being an annoying cunt
>>
https://youtu.be/ihzi65iCxeg

I like how the mom justifies getting her kid one by saying having something to fuck around with at school will HELP him concentrate lol.
>>
I've never seen them except on 4chan.
>>
The one I tried was too big, my fingers weren't long enough to hold it away from my hand.
>>
>>36978594
I've owned one of these for about a year. It really does help me concentrate though.
>>
>>36978984
Really? All of the middle/high school kids have one. It's getting out of hand at schools, so I hear, with kids not wanting to stop fucking around with them.
>>
File: Baoding_Balls_in_Use.jpg (1MB, 1152x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Baoding_Balls_in_Use.jpg
1MB, 1152x1728px
>>36978594
>not fondling Chinese Autism balls

ishiggidity you don't not do that
>>
Also worth noting that most ive seen are sold in local vape shops

So thats worth knowing to me
>>
It became a more of a trend than an actual tool for people to utilize which fucking sucks
>>
>>36979145
I just bought mine today and started driving down the road spinning it in one hand and vaping in the other.
>>36979103
I've had these for almost 20 years.

I belong here.
>>
>>36978594
Yoyos with no string.
Kids play with fucking stupid shit nowadays.
>>
>not biting pencil like a normal autistic
>not biting nails or skin
>not tapping fingers aggressively
>investing $8 for toy you will lose or get bored of in a week

Normies are fucking stupid
>>
I caught a segment on the news a few days ago about how the local kids in my area are playing with these things in class and how it's "sooooo distracting"

Seems just like another fad tbqh
>>
>>36979357
It is. Give it a month or two, and it'll be something else.
>>
>>36978818
I feel you, anon. I'm on the same boat, I even bought the expensive military grade plastic one so it will last longer.

>>36979072
It's banned at a couple of schools in my area

>>36979028
Completely agree, it at the very least makes me stop picking up shit and messing with it

>>36979103
Seems nice but less compact, a little louder and dropable

>>36979268
I spend $30 on a slightly better one at am overpriced you store. Only regret I have is how many people have them now, it's a little embarrassing.
>>
>>36979499
Not exactly banned here yet, but teachers are starting to get pissed.
At least they let kids with actual autism/ADHD keep theirs.
>>
>>36979189
How does it feel to be a living meme, my friend?
>>
Just learn fucking pen spinning.
>>
File: bunny.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
bunny.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>36978594
i have legit diagnosed autism and i don't understand these at all

someone with autism would rather just like pet a cat or touch something soft and nice, or listen to some nice sounds in a quiet room

these seem way too involved sensory wise for me
>>
>>36979103
Does this help your hand textillititty or what ever?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Fidget spinners are dumb. Why not fidget with something AND build up hand strength?
>>
I just play with a handful of Silly Putty until it gets to the point where it's mushy and gets on everything. There's no better feeling than squishing some brand new Silly Putty right from the weird little plastic egg it comes in.
>>
I can't believe a toy for autists, geniunely for autists has been normie'd.
Ah well, at least it'll be done with by next month
>>
>>36978984
>TFW so socially disconnected that you thought these were a fingerbox esq joke is until a few days ago
>>
can we by any chance get a simple smug pepe holding an autism spinner?
>>
>>36979171
It really does suck. They've been used specifically for kids with adhd or autism or anxiety to help them concentrate and it's really worked in the past year or so. Now they've been normie'd and stuff and apparently every kid in middle school has them trying to do "tricks" with them to the point schools will probably ban them for everyone.

Thanks normies.
>>
>>36980813
Even putty has been normie'd up with those putty youtube channels.
>>
At least this fad is a toy so boomers can't whine all this generation does is sit on their phone anymore and they never play with toys anymore they just want a console or a phone at age 7 and whatever happened to toys and all that stuff.

At least a toy fad is back.
>>
>>36978594
The scroll wheel on my G502 serves the same purpose
>>
Its just a desk toy. Nothing new
>>
>>36980870
LiteraIIy fucking this.
>>
File: votoms mecha.jpg (38KB, 300x386px) Image search: [Google]
votoms mecha.jpg
38KB, 300x386px
>>36978594
They remind me of robot eyes
>>
Another fad. Remember Pokemon Go? That was unbearable.

Month before Pokemon Go: "Uh, anon? You still play Pokemon? That's weird and childish.."
Month during Pokemon Go: "OMG I CAUGHT A PIDGEY!!"
>>
>company makes therapeutic device to help kids with mental shit concentrate
>normies see one of the kids fucking around with it in class "AHH SICK DUDE LOOK AT IT SPIN AROUND AND SHEIT"

normies are a disease
>>
>>36978594
Another Harambe/Pokemon Go/Dat Boi-tier fad that nobody will give a shit about in a months time
>>
File: a fucking cube.jpg (30KB, 700x249px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking cube.jpg
30KB, 700x249px
Half the spergs I work with own one of these. I just fuck around with a leatherman like a REEL MANN(tm)
>>
>>36980783
Cause that makes me concentrate on it. Not the purose of a fidget toy.
>>
>>36978594
I am 100% convinced the origin of this meme is just a really effective viral marketing campaign
>>
>>36981962
that was the last straw for me, seeing packs of retarded 20 something faggots running round in packs chasing imaginary animals. I lost all hope for society.
>>
>>36982122

normalfaggots jump on everything like soulless parasites
they pretend to have empathy but have no idea what it's like to suffer as they've just breezed through life
>>
>>36982306
Yet playing the newer games is considered "childish"
>>
>>36982553

yeah exactly anon

>only 150 pokemon real pokemon!

the retards don't even play video games, can't appreciate how much the series has improved or at least changed over the years

get your bitchy nostalgia away from something I don't view as a trendy fashion statement like you view 99% of shit you do el normalfaggots
>>
>>36982553
when the original red/blue gameboy pokemon games came out in the 90's I was already a bit old for it but my younger siblings were in to the cartoon and games. these days I work with guys who are 25 and a still eagerly playing sun and moon on their 3ds's it fucking disgusts me.
>>
>>36982706
>work with
>works
>calls anime "cartoons"
>thinks you can be old for a video game

jesus wagey you make it kind of obvious you're a normalfaggot,eh?
what to do what to do
well good luck next time I guess, my lil wagecuck
>>
>>36982706
It disgusts you? Shut up, who cares

The only thing bad about them playing sun and moon is that sun and moon suck and red/blue are way better
>>
>>36978594
they get way too much hate
>>
>>36979103
>not peeling your nails to relieve your fidgeting
>>
>>36983121

>not biting the insides of your mouth and tearing off skin then swallowing the skin and feeling relief
>not picking nose like a fucking mong, making it bleed with your raggedy bitten fingernails
>not scraping off your moles because they annoy you, and endlessly picking at the scabs and regrowing moles

i don't know how I've lived so long being this retarded
>>
>>36982993
I was diagnosed with autism at 13 but I can't get neetbux and my father won't pay for me so I am forced to work. every day is suffering. would you like to kill me anon?
>>
File: LEGENDKEK.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LEGENDKEK.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>36982706
lol "disgusts" you? how about let people do what they want and stop being such an insufferable faggot? Not everyone chose to sacrifice their ability to play and have fun for the sake of being an "Adult" its a meme older than fucking radio created by stodgy old fucks who want more productive worker bees.

TL:DR: You're a cucky asshole.
>>
>>36983074
>>36983223
I don't give a fuck that they play games, I still play games sometimes too, but seeing these 6foot+ 150kg retardeds playing with their futuristic gameboys does piss me off for some reason, they also get upset when women at work laugh at or ridicule them because of it. they cry about "boomers" selling their homes for a million dollars and cry about how they'll never own a home while spending their pay each week on junk food and and keeping up with what's hip, they do disgust me and rightly so.
>>
>>36983297
They're right to dislike boomers. Boomers squandered the wealth generated by the sacrifices of their parents in the past, and borrowed from the future, making us sacrifice for their greed as well.
>>
File: fingerboasrd.png (499KB, 633x421px) Image search: [Google]
fingerboasrd.png
499KB, 633x421px
>>36978594
Fingerboards are the GOAT fidget device. The only downside is they make a lot of noise, but you only have to worry about that if you actually leave the house
>>
>>36983383
the boomers they're referring to are still working with us, they're just jealous because they still live at home and still waste their money on bullshit every week. maybe they didn't need to go on that holiday? maybe they don't need a new phone every 6 months?
>>
These things have been big in the knife/EDC community for a couple of years, dudes are obsessed with really fancy machined metal spinners with high-end bearings and all of that shit, and pay upwards of a grand for some of them. I think they're fucking retarded.

I figured they were really just an excuse to spend stupid amounts of money on fancy metallic shit to show off in Instagram circlejerks, so it's been a surprise to them suddenly blow up with normies and find cheap plastic ones on every convenience store counter.
>>
>>36983459
That's a lot of the problem. The Boomers fucked up the retirement and pension systems and didn't save any money themselves, so they're still working into their 70s and hanging onto jobs that should be going to younger people.
>>
>>36983501
you're just maiking excuses for intitled lazy faggots, they could easily have got in to the housing market by this stage if they didn't waste all their money on bullshit. I don't have anything against people who've owned their home for 40 years, downsizing and getting a good price for it, they only work a couple of days a week anyway.
>>
>>36982664
Black and White 1 + 2 are IMO much better than Red and Blue, it actually has a full on story with character development etc.
>>
>>36983465
They shouldn't worry, it'll be over in a month.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.