[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ thread - year recap

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

It's Friday of the last week for most semesters so how'd all you robots do this year?

How many classes did you fail
How many friends did you make
Are you going to drop out yet
How much debt are you in
What are your plans for the summer?
And any other general /uni/ feels for one last time
>>
File: c123333333.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
c123333333.png
19KB, 300x250px
I'll be ready to recap the year but ONLY after my cup of coffee. So please, hold all conversation until it is done.
>>
Are loans worth it for a CS or engineering degree? Wanting to go back but all my FAFSAbux went into a non-STEM degree I now hate.
>>
>Up to date on 2/4 units
>Have sunday and monday to do an essay and prepare a speech on it
>Have a few minor assessments left
>Marks are good so far
>Lubing up to get fist fucked by my anatomy exam

4 weeks till exams for me. Doing alright though I still really wanna die every day.
>>
>>36978999
That's really something you should talk to a financial adviser (not affiliated with the school ofc). Don't take out 80k based on what a random anon says on /r9k/
>>
>>36978202
>finally pass all classes this semester
>don't have a job for the summer

feels kinda bad. everyone else i vaguely know, like project partners, have jobs lined up related to their major. and then there's me, who can't get a job to save his life. i wish i could stop comparing myself to them but they were literally the only people i interacted with for 8 months so it's hard not to.
>>
>>36979245
You should be comparing yourself to your peers as they will be your competition in a few years for the jobs you want in your area
>>
>How many classes did you fail

Withdrew from one, professor was a total wanker. He got torn apart on ratemyprofessors and now I know why, he's total shit.

>How many friends did you make

One, but I probably won't be seeing him again.

>Are you going to drop out yet

I just need to make it through summer and fall and I graduate, so probably not. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I have no idea where it will take me.

>How much debt are you in

None. All of this is for free on my end.

>What are your plans for the summer?

Two online classes, see some extended family in other states. That's about it. I want to learn as much as I can.

>And any other general /uni/ feels for one last time

I majored in fine arts instead of STEMeme. Everyone in my classes are plebs, even the professors know very little about the craft. I don't know what this degree is even for. I want to start making money now but I don't have the connections for it. I have no fucking clue what to do, besides push myself to the absolute limit and be the best I possibly can be at this. If I happen to go anywhere with it, it's my goal to help some of my fellow robots. You guys are what keep me from snapping, knowing that there are others out there who have the difficulties that I have.
>>
None, though I did drop out from 2 because too much work already
A few acquaintances
Nope, and not likely
3,5k-ish
Doing a few courses to get paid so I can afford to keep my apartment
>>
>>36979334
>He got torn apart on ratemyprofessors and now I know why, he's total shit.
link please I can use the funnies
>>
High Bs on bio and crim finals. Shit the bed so hard on my speech final that it splattered on the ceiling fan. Passed anyway

Friends
>made 0 friends
Debt
>scholarship nigga lmao
Drop
>when I get to calc 3 and organic chem
Summer
>parents are going to didney worl and are forcing me to go cause dont trust me alone since turning 21
>>
Average grades for a meme major.

Made friends but they are pretty much all leaving or living farther away from me.

Still a virgin but don't really care about that.
>>
>>36978202

Its half semester where I live. Abandoned a linear algebra course, failing some other math and physics courses but I'm not giving up on those yet.

Havent made friends but there are people who know me by name and we'll talk about our classes and a little small talk about our lives. I'm trying to be friendly as I never have. Found out I can actually maintain a conversation without saying/asking weird stuff. Those people I met dont think I'm a weirdo and sometimes walk talking with me from class to class. Feels good man.

My parents pay the rent of my apartment and food. I get some money from my uni but it barely covers my food, so yeah my parents give a monthly income. I'm not spending it all, half of it generally. I'm keeping the other half and will give it back to them when I finish/find a job. I'm thinking about the latter lately.
>>
File: kek 98d92349.jpg (6KB, 264x229px) Image search: [Google]
kek 98d92349.jpg
6KB, 264x229px
>>36979380
>Shit the bed so hard on my speech final that it splattered on the ceiling fan
kekd

I also presented for my computer graphics course and spaghetti'd like fuck. Heart beating in my head. Told myself to just keep talking and it worked out
>>
File: 1466010339276.jpg (117KB, 478x902px) Image search: [Google]
1466010339276.jpg
117KB, 478x902px
>mfw going to study abroad in the U.S. next year

This is my change of losing robot status. American girls like British guys, right?
>>
>>36980576
Yeah. You're good to go.
>>
withdrew from one
a decent amont of acquaintances and 2 very good friends
not yet
none bc cheap state school
work and go to a music fest in a couple weeks
>>
>>36978202
Failed a solid state physics course that has been fucking me all semester. At this point I've run out of disappointment in myself to feel, just glad it's all over
haha, zero
honestly OP I often really want to, but I don't know what I would do besides go home and become a NEET. As enticing as that sounds some days, I can't bring myself to do it until they take away my scholarship. Might as well stick with it and maybe take fewer physics courses per semester.
Pls no. The scholarship covers most things but I still take the max stafford loan to help with the rent and stuff
actually got a job this time so I don't have to go home. Plus it doesn't start for 4 weeks so I get some cool off time to maybe forget how intensely I hate everything.
Today was commencement, but I forgot about that and thought I'd hit up the ATM. Strolled onto campus wearing sweats and some major bedhead, was weird to be surrounded by all those well dressed parents.
>>
File: DS_Dire_Straits.jpg (9KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
DS_Dire_Straits.jpg
9KB, 316x316px
Finished my year in the last week of April, thanks Canada :^)

>0 classes failed
>A couple good friends, a few other acquaintances
>Nope, I've been doing quite well in fact
>No debt, scholarships and money saved up was enough to pay tuition
>My plans are to work a lot, enjoy my time off, and be as /comfy/ as possible

Honestly uni was one of the best changes in my life. I was able to study something I actually enjoyed and found people with my interests. Besides me taking up smoking to relieve some stress, I feel like my life is actually worth living. I think I'm going to make it boys.

>pic related is the best study music
>>
>>36978202
Lucky fucks failing university imagine failing infantry boot camp that you'll never move on from that shit, The idea that your shit at anything you try is the worst feeling a person can have its like you've been stabbed by a knife of hopelessness and our bleeding out but not dying.
>>
>>36981506
How the hell did you fail boot camp
t. Vet
>>
>0
>0
>I'm taking 4 classes this summer then I graduate in the Fall.
How much debt are you in
>I don't even wanna know, I've been taking out student loans since freshman year
>Look for a job
>4 years in uni and still no gf
>>
If anyone's interested.

I'm doing another assignment this weekend so I'll be playing music on the r9k dubtrack room for the next 12 hours or so.

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/r9k-the-musical

I've got a bunch of animevibe comfy mixes queued up. Feel free to do some work and hang.
>>
nah, got pressure from my parents
parents pay
learn how to draw/produce/wageslaving
>>
>>36981529
>How the hell did you fail boot camp
I wish I was a better private, But Im to autsitic to make the cut. The constant hazing by my platoons and just a general fuck up(I recycled) stayed there for 6 months even shot expert in the end i poured my heart out for it in the end, If I was an ordinary person I would've passed but I had to be an autist,
>>
>>36981635
If it makes you feel any better, and I'm sure every other milanon can confirm, that the military is not the right fit for everybody and requires a lot of sacrifice and dedication for little reward. It takes a certain mentality to get through it and maybe it was for the best that you figured it out in boot camp.
>>
>>36981691
what do you mean by figured it out in boot camp I got kicked out.
>>
File: bakersfeel2.png (149KB, 547x717px) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel2.png
149KB, 547x717px
>had a 77 going into a geology final that raped my ass
>grades are not posted until the 19th
the wait is fucking killing me
>>
>>36981785
Anon, don't take yourself for granite, I'm sure you completely rocked that exam. Don't lose your apatite over any faults you have, schist just happens sometimes and geology is a tuff field
>>
>rikkyo university

Japan is only halfway through their semester :(
>>
>>36981691
I don't even know what happend anymore, I just cant get over it.
>>
>>36981852
the prof was a total cocksucker. He said he did not want this class to be hard or an obstacle and then he made the final have 110 multiple choice cumulative questions and have us draw new diagrams had he had never asked us to draw in quizzes before.

At least I got an A in my historical geo lab
>>
>>36981890
You just weren't cut out for the military. Not everybody is. At least you took the leap and tried which only a fraction of a fraction of people did.

Try to find other meaning in your life
>>
File: 800px-North_Chinese_Leopard.jpg (84KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
800px-North_Chinese_Leopard.jpg
84KB, 800x536px
>>36978202
I dropped 1 class.
I thought I failed Bio, but the prof curved the shit out of it

0 long term friends
I did have a few lab partners that I chilled with, but nothing long term. Ill probably never see them again now that the semester is over

I kinda want to drop out, work full time and save 30k, then use that to travel the work, then an hero

0, but i also have 0 money

Ochem in the summer and another bio class.

I hate myself
>>
>>36981910
I'm not capable of shit,
>>
>>36978202
None, in community college and used all the money I saved up working in HS
Summer school

I want friends ;_;
>>
>>36981984
I was going to do college classes to get a head start on my freshman year (I'm 24 though) but talked myself out of it. Pretty sure I made the right decision based on my circumstances.
>>

>None that I know of... yet

Two.

Nah/

How much debt are you in
A lot

Shitposting.

Last year starts in September. Holy shit it's gone so quick.
>>
>>36982494
Completely fucked that up. Lets try again.

None that I know of... yet

Two.

Nah.

A lot

Shitposting.

Last year starts in September. Holy shit it's gone so quick.
>>
File: community_image_1413723878.gif (483KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1413723878.gif
483KB, 243x270px
>>36981597
Comfy vidya playlist going at the moment.
>>
Just failed out of engineering.
Now what?
>>
>>36982587
How'd you fail? Green text which parts you failed in and maybe why?
>>
>>36982641

I stopped attending my classes for a couple semesters and I failed a major-specific class 3 times so they kicked me out of the engineering college.
Now I either need to choose a new major or leave uni.
>>
>>36982683
Well you evidently had no interest in engineering so pick something you're actually interested in?
>>
>>36982719

>Pick something you're actually interested in.

I'm interested in humanities and the liberal arts which are not profitable degrees and can't be honestly studied in a structured environment.
But broadly speaking I have a diverse array of interests. I'm even interested in engineering, but I just found the method that it is taught to be uniquely tedious.
>>
>>36982683
Which class was it?
>>
>>36982824

Calc IV and Electronics
>>
>3
>0
>don't know yet
>$30k
>wageslaving
>>
>>36982683
Why did you even bother going to college if you were going to skip classes for a "couple of semesters". I really do not understand this mindset at all. If you don't want to be there just drop out
>>
>>36982784
If you work hard you can still make a career out of a humanities/liberal arts degree. Just make sure you don't get into a lot of debt. If you have a ton of math classes done already (i presume you've done calc 3 based on >>36982879 ) you'll be looked at much more highly than other students. You'll be beloved in business, and be able to use the wide array of opportunities that comes with a liberal arts degree to its full advantage.
>>
>>36982879

You stopped attending Calc 4 and failed Electronics three times? I'm comp eng major and I only have to take up to calc 3 and Electronics I. What was so bad about electronics?
>>
>>36978202
Can you fuck off
I hate uni, do you have to spoil my last enclave where i dont have to be constantly reminded of my failures
>>
>>36982917
>>36982938

At the time I had no will to live.

>>36982919

Calculus is like introductory level math. I don't think my meme Bs in Calc I-III are gonna be impressive to anyone.
>>
>>36978202
None but I almost failed one.

Zero. No one likes me and I don't like anyone.

Nah it's kinda comfy.

$0.

I'm taking some classes but I'm also looking for a job.

I was close to failing this time so I need to get my shit together. I really like my major and I feel passionate about it. I hate my classmates. My professors are assholes but surely I will find that everywhere. I'm gonna keep going and see where this takes me.
>>
File: v0gact8.jpg (51KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
v0gact8.jpg
51KB, 706x706px
MY GRADUATION CEREMONY STARTS AT 9 AM

I HAVE TO BE AT THE CEREMONY HALL SHAVED, SHOWERED, AND IN MY ROBE AND MORTARBOARD BY 8 AM

IT IS CURRENTLY 2:30 AM AND I CANT SLEEP

SEND HELP

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>36982955
Chillax, anon. Pretty soon you won't see any /uni/ threads for a few months.... Unless someone wants to have a general for all 3 people on this board doing summer school
>>
File: excitement.png (34KB, 157x299px) Image search: [Google]
excitement.png
34KB, 157x299px
>>36978202
Zero.
True friends? Zero. People I can get drunk and/or stoned with comfortably? 2.
Can't. I'm too old to fuck up now.
~$20k
Regress into NEETdom, lift and find a boyfriend that's LOCAL. LDR meme nearly killed me.
>>
>10 hours till test
>haven't really studied much

How do I focus?
I just can't
Like I can't even focus on school work or video games
I can't even focus on hobbies to procrastinate
I can't even focus on anything
I'm just anxious and nervous
>>
>>36983275
>LDR meme nearly killed me.
greentext? did you meet a weirdo
>>
>friday night, late night, went on the dorm corridor
>grill that's always nice comes out of her room looking all excited
>sees me, face turns into a frown
>"oh it's you"
>"OH IT'S YOU"
Fucking succubi I swear. Glad alcohol is a thing since it brings out the real person.
>>
File: toby.jpg (103KB, 531x620px) Image search: [Google]
toby.jpg
103KB, 531x620px
i dont know what the fuck to do lads, having a fire under me doesnt motivate me anymore because my entire life is just burning so im used to it now. if i do bother to get up (usually i dont, and the failure - though only piling onto the ever growing monument of my worthlessness - gives me relief since at least i dont have to worry about it anymore), its only to pick up burnt ash and soot and watch it slip through my fingertips as i attempt to rebuild whatever i had
and its not like i dont care at all either, i cant even just say "fuck it im not gonna do it, i dont care, im gonna enjoy whatever i decide to do with my time alternatively", im constantly trapped in a stasis of absolute panic because of stacking deadlines that have already passed and im trying to pick up the pieces (see: freaking out over it but ultimately not actually doing anything about it) and then i get depressed and stop doing anything because "i'm just gonna kill myself soon anyway it doesnt matter" but when you build most of your adolescence and all of your adult life on the idea of inevitable suicide on the horizon, it starts to lose its meaning and seem more distant and the realization that you are only repeating a moniker to temporarily suppress your anxiety (but add more and more gasoline to the fire in the longterm) slowly becomes clearer when you realize that youre so accustomed to atrophy and sedentary behavior that you will infinitely procrastinate even your own suicide.
so then you have to deal with the mess youve made of your life once you decide that youre going to have to keep living and thats what im having trouble with now. how do i just do a complete 180 after spending all of my life procrastinating and avoiding work? i might not graduate because of this shit
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.