[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1493738871046.png (333KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
1493738871046.png
333KB, 500x775px
enjoyed hearing about working anons the other day, so let's hear some more

>what is your job?
>what is the pay and hours?
>how do you like it
>how is the rest of your life going?
>>
File: 4654645645.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
4654645645.png
8KB, 509x619px
>grocery store
>contracted for 16 (2 days) but can pick up pretty much any days I want extra but I barely do at this point.
>I want to kill myself daily in the staff toilets
>terrible, I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
>>
i work at retail but it involves a lot of heavy lifting, only $8 an hour. it's pretty shit, but it's all i could find after a few years of unemployment. it's doing an absolute number on my legs and feet, and i don't know if i can continue much longer.

rest of my life is non-existent
>>
>>36976930
what's bad about it particularly? boring work, fellow staff members?

i hate both of those things at my place
>>
>part time nanny
>usually 3-14 day stays
>$60 per day per kid
>it's the only job i'm capable of
>it's the only thing that gives my life purpose
>pathetic.png
>>
>>36977025
Boring, managers act like they're important when they earn fuck all, it's like being in school again and they're the teachers.

Kind of learnt how to stick up for myself and speak to them man to man instead of them thinking they're superior to you and I guess I get more respect now.

We have quite a few literal autist which I prefer since I helps me blend in, I am somewhat a social sperg but not as bad as these guys.

Overall just walking into the staff toilets and looking in the mirror and just getting that crippling feeling that you're back here again working for min wage.
>>
>>36977082
are you female? if you're a guy and a nanny suprised you haven't been accused of being a pedo yet.

congrats if you made it that far anon.
>>
>>36977082
are you a guy? if so, how did you decide to go into nannying?

>>36977138
yeah, i have experience of that too, managers at shitholes thinking they are much better than they are. i wish there were more autists at my place, they are all sociable normies apart from me
>>
>west texas oilfields
>21.00/hr at about 100 hours per week

it's okay, but a job like this erases any free time and numbs any desire to socialize with people.
>>
>>36977160
>>36977197
I'm female. I know a single male nanny and it's very hard for him to get work so he has two side jobs. He's about as normie as it gets, too. It's fucked.
>>
>>36977268
how difficult is it to find work? do you get by on that alone? how much do you make on average a month?
>>
>>36977242
holy shit, you are making bank. about 90k a year? you could retire real early if you spend money wisely

sounds like it is exhausting though.
>>
>Fleet Controller
>40 hours a week, 24/7 on call
>Love it
>Could be better, could be worse.
>>
>>36977662
Forgot to say:
>$90K
>>
>don't hear anything from a 15 dollars an hour job
>apply to other stuff, work a couple days as a temp here and there
>Oh, something went wrong with the on-site application, please send us your resume and coverletter directly!
>do so
>nothing for another week
>get a job at 12.50 an hour, starting monday
>today: Hey, we'd love to have you but we need you to do an interview next week for a 15.50 hourly position!
>can't just quit a job I have and potentially have a black mark on my employment record
>trying to set it up so I can get the interview before my shift, and then somehow slip out of the worst paying job if I get an offer for the better paying job

Any protips here?

The worse paying job is through an agency so I think technically I'm allowed to just quit but I was thinking I might tell them I had a family crisis or something?
>>
>>36977662
is it quite a solitary job? is it difficult?
>>
>>36977310
It was hard at first but once you work for one or two families they'll usually recommend you to their friends or neighbors. Money depends on the time of year. Last month I only made $1400 which left me about $20 for food. But I'll probably make about $4,000-$5,000 each month until school starts up again. Sometimes I pocket cash from the really rich families which is pretty much my vidya and booze allowance.

If you're a man it helps to have some sort of tutoring ability. You'd probably get stuck with the retards and degenerates since men can subdue them easier.
>>
>>36977848
Team environment, boss of quite a few people.
High stress/pace, requires constant planning and problem solving.
>>
>>36977902
seems like a really decent wage across the year then.

being a male nanny sounds like shit though
>>
Manufacturing Supervisor in a Glass Factory
>13.50hr (no real benefits outside of that)
>work about 40-50hrs a week
>>hate the job love the hours (2:45pm to about midnight)
rest of my life is real shitty. Some days I just want to drink my sorrows away, others I want to go back to school (though I dont really care what I do for a living I just want the money)

worst part about my life, I cant find another job at all that pays close to what im making that isnt literally back breaking labor or some super normie shit like sales. My life is fucking shit. All I want is to just live in a semi rural town with some land and a majority white populace. Hell, even east asian would be fine.
>>
>>36977787
tell them that you mother of friend (insert normie thing here) got into a car wreck and you have to go get them. Works every time
>>
>>36978123
I don't mean to walk out of the worse paying job, so much as how to just stop working there like

>finish day
>go home and call the agency and give them some bs reason about why I need to quit
>>
>what is your job?
accounts payable rep
16.00/hr, Usually work 7-4 M-F. One day a month I work 5:30-3.
>how do you like it
Typical office job. The work itself is easy but my main frustration is getting people to respond to me, both within my company and our customers. I'm trying to transfer to another position where my work isn't as contingent on other people.
Eh. Not great, not bad. I don't really go anywhere outside of work. I just come home and play video games, watch tv, and cook dinner. I'm in my 30s now. Seems everyone I know, at least at work, and the majority of the friends I still keep contact with, has a family now. I'm the oddball loner.
>>
>>36978171
>I'm in my 30s now. Seems everyone I know, at least at work, and the majority of the friends I still keep contact with, has a family now. I'm the oddball loner.

i know that feel anon. and i'm not jealous of it either, i've never wanted marriage and kids. but i know people think of me as a bit weird for never being married and starting a family
>>
>>36978156
oh simple. tell them you just couldnt fit into the company culture and are going to quit. Normies love hearing the buzzword culture and for some reason, no one really questions you much once you say that.
>>
>>36978025
>others I want to go back to school

what would you do if given the choice/chance?
>>
>what is your job?
Main is a retail job
I work anywhere from 25-30 hours a week, minimum wage
>how do you like it
I like it enough. I spend the first half of my day in the back unloading our truck and the second half as a cashier
I literally have no life outside of work
>>
>>36978219

Nobody really asks me how my weekend went or what I did the previous night anymore. After hearing 'oh, nothing really' for a few weeks they got the hint I wasn't coming home to anyone. I'd say the majority of what my coworkers talk about are their families. Makes it hard to contribute.
>>
>>36976771
>What is your job?
Fulfillment at local warehouse. I just pack stuff and log orders on a computer.

>What is the pay and hours?
12 dollars per hour, full time. I work 10 hours 4 days a week. Sometimes I do side work for family friends on my days off to get extra money.

>How do you like it?
I enjoy it. There's minimal socialization, good management, and no dress code. Also it's close to my house so I don't have to drive and spend gas money.

>How is the rest of your life going?
Alright, I suppose. I still live with my parents at 22 but I don't have to pay for rent or utilities so that's good. I just really wish I didn't fall for the "study your passion" meme because now I'm working a wagecuck job despite having a degree. However I do plan on going back to college to study CS or electrical engineering by the time I turn 24.
>>
>>36978468
>Nobody really asks me how my weekend went or what I did the previous night anymore. After hearing 'oh, nothing really' for a few weeks they got the hint I wasn't coming home to anyone

yeah, exact same happened with me, i appreciate really, i don't want to be asked and they don't feel they have to ask anymore
>>
>>36978313
honestly I've been thinking operations management (hate working in stiff office environments though), Industrial Engineering (will never happen as I cant into math) and Geography (basically a waste of money to pursue which is why I never did)
>>
>.net developer
>barely know what the fuck i'm doing
>don't know how to talk to any of my coworkers because autism
>go into work every day thinking it'll finally be the day that i get fired
>>
>>36978731
sounds like you are going under the radar

should consider yourself lucky
>>
>>36977787
no no no, don't lie, just say you got better pay somewhere else. there's literally nothing wrong with it; you invested nothing into the other job yet
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.