[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started looking into becoming a plumber and found you need

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1453764692958.jpg (54KB, 346x301px) Image search: [Google]
1453764692958.jpg
54KB, 346x301px
I started looking into becoming a plumber and found you need to do an apprenticeship to get a job going with it.

Does anyone know what that involves? Does it take long to get trained to get into the job? What do you generally make when apprenticing?
>>
>>36976726
I takes 4 years of kissing Bubba's ass.

Then you get to compete with unlicensed MExican for jobs if you live on the West Coast.
>>
dunno where you live but this is how i assume it goes in the uk:

>on the job training
>stuck with some fat guy who smells like shit
>have to spend certain amount of hours getting taught by him or whatever
>ass crack visible
>"EEYYGH MATE WHYONT YOU AV A GO GET THE POLE AN PUSH THE SHIT THAT WAY MATE"
>>
Just get a welding or HVAC certificate from a community college or tech school. It's easier than doing electrician or plumber shit.
>>
>>36977010
>trying to get HVAC apprenticeship
>HVAC teacher said I'll be the "fetch it boy"
sounds easy enough
>>
>>36976726
Heres how it'll go.
>take classes
>get a license
>get an apprenticeship job
>like one tiny miniscule step up from intern
>don't have to pay you minimum wage by law
>could be several months to a few years
>if its for a company or small business you basically get hired as a journeyman or basic plumber
>if its just a freelance guy you're cut loose
>can now make minimum wage but again if its a company they'll make it competitive they aren't going to waste a year training you how to do their way of shit just for you to want to leave for a better offer
>you'll be a fetch it boy for a good amount of time just ask questions

Thats it. Anything like that is how apprenticeships work by the way. Welding, hvac, carpentry, construction, etc. basically any very blue collar job.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.