[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn everything about mathematics over the summer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Dumb and gay .png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb and gay .png
1MB, 1366x768px
Is it possible to learn everything about mathematics over the summer
>>
If you learned everything about mathematics, in any span of time, you would surely become the most knowledgeable human that has ever lived

So, no. Be more specific
>>
What type of mathematics, and what's your baseline?

If your baseline is algebra 2 and you're trying to learn calc3 in the summer, yeah that's not gonna happen.
>>
If you have a tutor you should be able to learn Intermediate Algebra by the end of the summer. If you're not good at learning by following lectures, then get a few tutors to help you and do lots of homework. It also helps to have friends and a life you're proud of. Otherwise you'll be depressed and feel hopeless when it comes to better yourself.
>>
>>36969751
>If you learned everything about mathematics, in any span of time, you would surely become the most knowledgeable human that has ever lived
>So, no. Be more specific

ok so I'm majoring in civil engineering except I've been gone from school for a year for family reasons ( I did really badly last year and they told me to take the year off)

So next year I have to take a strength of materials class

Which assumes knowledge of ODEs and PDEs and linear algebra and all that stuff

The problem is I took that class like almost 2 years ago now and don't remember shit about math

>>36969771
baseline is a very weak background in linear algebra and calc 3
I took both freshman year and got a C- in both classes

Can I self learn linear algebra and differential equations over the summer? Where should I look for resources
>>
>>36969874
It's definitely possible but depends largely on the way you learn. If you can learn shit by reading textbooks and watching videos (khan academy and similar) then it's doable.

Advice: set a schedule. Dedicate a certain number of hours a day to learning only. Phone in airplane mode, computer dedicated to studying.
>>
>>36969959
>It's definitely possible but depends largely on the way you learn. If you can learn shit by reading textbooks and watching videos (khan academy and similar) then it's doable.
>Advice: set a schedule. Dedicate a certain number of hours a day to learning only. Phone in airplane mode, computer dedicated to studying.
I want one of you losers to tutor me for free
>>
>>36970041
But anon I failed calc twice in college

I really, really doubt I would make a good tutor
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.