[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to stop drinking for a while. It was getting pretty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: desk.jpg (39KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
desk.jpg
39KB, 800x449px
I'm going to stop drinking for a while. It was getting pretty bad again. a bottle of wine a day is too much.
>>
good luck anon. i cut myself off about a month ago and i so desperately want to drink to numb the pain.
>>
>>36960203
i stopped for all of january and february but it ramped up again. I think it was cause I lost my job and I just sat around drinking and now I have a new job and the habit remains.
>>
a bottle of wine a day isn't too bad. it's a soft drink, like grape juice.

you're fine as long as you don't start hard liquor, or drinking 24/7.

those are the rules
>>
Day 4 sober. I'm starting to feel more normal again. Body feels more energetic. Last night was the first night in a while I slept well.
>>
>>36960173
well done! how about a drink to celebrate this? dont you want a drink right now? imagine how good it makes you feel. mmmmmmh
>>
File: 1427303198374.jpg (102KB, 630x627px) Image search: [Google]
1427303198374.jpg
102KB, 630x627px
>>36960173
I haven't had anything in about two or three weeks, but I'm convinced I've done irreparable damage already.

It's gotten easier for me to not drink, especially by myself. Don't know what happened, since it hasn't been much of a conscious effort. Mind just goes "meh" whenever I see a bottle.
>>
File: 1483834697129.jpg (74KB, 575x519px) Image search: [Google]
1483834697129.jpg
74KB, 575x519px
>>36960173
Just stop drinking, it's not hard.
>>
>>36961623
>not hard
Fuck you. Fuck you sideways with a cactus.
>>
>>36961614
The good news is that some of even long-term damage from drinking does eventually heal. Not everything is irreparable, but it can take quite some time to heal.
>>
Anons, please convince me to go straight home after work today and not drop by the pub.
>>
File: f5l5d.jpg (34KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
f5l5d.jpg
34KB, 620x413px
>>36962078
You don't want to go to the pub after work today.
You want to go home and rethink your life.
>>
>>36962137
You're right. I... don't. I would just sit there downing beers, mostly wasting time on my phone, and occasionally talking briefly with some people I know if they happen to be there. It's a better use of my time to go home and do more useful things.
>>
>>36962078

Don't do it. It's expensive and you're gonna end up picking a losing fight with Chad. Buy a bottle of the cheapest hard liquor instead and cry yourself to sleep at home.
>>
>>36962659
No, that's even worse. At least at the pub my alcohol intake will be limited. At home nothing will prevent me from drinking until I pass out.
>>
>>36960173
I want to stop drinking but if I stop I'll relapse and do oxy again, so I'm going to keep drinking
>>
>drink more than 3 beers in a sitting
>start to feel uncomfortable

How do people enjoy being drunk, or even buzzed. It just makes your anxiety go haywire.

The only reason I even drink alcohol is because they haven't yet made a non alcoholic beer that doesn't taste like halitosis
>>
>>36960173
no, a bottle of wine a day is fine.
>>
>>36964478
how about two? I'm currently on 2 litres of wine a day( switched from beer cause it's way less expensive)
>>
>>36963062
>Being drunk INCREASES his anxiety

You can't explain that.
>>
>>36964601
the main health concern with daily drinking is the calories. you're most likely gonna become overweight if you have more than a couple drinks a day. it also harms your liver, but in a very mild way that takes a lifetime to actually become a serious concern. trust me i've been daily drinking for 10 years now, had an abdominal scan done recently at the hospital and there's still 0 fatty tissue on my liver.

HOWEVER,

hard liquor is a HARD drug. daily drinking of liquor WILL eventually rot your gut.

and,

don't drink 24/7, stick to session drinking in the afternoon and evening or you'll get withdrawals.

those are the rules
>>
>>36962137
I walked past the pub and am on my way home. Thanks Anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.