[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wageslaving like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

It's summer and my parents have started pressuring me to get a job out of no where. I think it's cause I'm such a fuck up, maybe they think it'll teach me some discipline and improve my performance in college. I was kinda reluctant at first since I just planned on playing vidya and watching anime all summer but now the existential dread is starting to seep in. I think waging for a bit could possibly help break the monotony.

Anyways, to those of you who actually work part time, what's it like? Do you think it would actually be helpful for a social recluse or would it only fuck me up more? Please share your wage slaving experiences.
>>
Here's a view of finding and keeping a job from 1949: https://archive.org/details/HowtoKee1949

And here's an overview of working as a secretary from 1941: https://archive.org/details/IWanttoB1941
>>
>>36959189

One thing to notice in those videos, is the number of people who were employed to do simple tasks. Whole rooms of people making edits, and retyping marked up documents. That army of typists replaced by a simple word processing program

That's part of why parents and grandparents think it is easy to get a job; ads (such as in the first video) stating "no experience required" were common as there were enough basic tasks to be done to make it worthwhile to hire someone who needed further training.

This is no longer the case; there is no ladder to climb inside a company; no one wants to invest any time in training new employees. Everyone only wants to hire someone who has already been trained.
>>
>>36959409
Not to mention the massive waves of migration we've never seen before in this globalized hellhole we live in.

The future looks like absolute shit and I have no hope for it.
>>
>>36959478

If you don't have hope; you still should plan for the best outcome for yourself.

Develop some sort of skill above what used to be called "entry level" ; since businesses only want to hire workers who already have the skills they need, once you have them, finding a job becomes pretty easy.

Looks into starting your own business; in the worst case, it might give you the experience you need to make it past the barrier to entry to the rest of the working world.
>>
>>36959478

In the 1950's wealth was less concentrated as well; the range of income between the poorest and the richest was much smaller than today.

Here's an overview from 1955: https://archive.org/details/Americas1955
>>
4yrs as a merchandiser, About 10 months as an assistant manager here. Full-time.
It's soul sucking, but you all complain together. At least I met my qtgf there.
>>
File: 1381741019228.jpg (102KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
1381741019228.jpg
102KB, 465x700px
>>36959409
>Everyone only wants to hire someone who has already been trained.

This is why you have to sacrifice some of your time by working for a very low price or for no money just to gain the experience to then get a good paying job because of your experience.

You could cry about this like nearly all people on the board but the reality is exactly this, you either work for the experience but no money or you work for no experience but a bit more money. In the long run getting experience to then get a proper job pays off better, but is harder. But it is more worth it.

This is your only life, might aswell take the hard route early on as long as you have the power to do that to have an easier rest of your life.
See it as some hyped videogame that can be great if only you grind enough time, which you can also stop at any time if it goes too shit.

I started working in a hotel nearly 2 years ago, with no real experience and I'm already pretty much on the level of the people working here for 5+ years. Honestly I'd say I'm way better than most of them.
Everything is about getting that experience, I was and still ask as many questions as I can and ask other employes to explain me stuff, so I get their experience they worked for in just in a matter of minutes or days or whatever.
500 bucks is all I got for the first few months but it quickly went up alot, past 3 months my tips got close to 500 bucks a month alone already.
When I started out every day I was completely fucked up from everything hurting and I was thinking about quitting every day, but it worked out kind of. It's not a good job but I plan on applying on a better job in the same hotel and after 2 more years or so I try to find something proper. Also all this with heavy autism. Maybe it actually won't pay off but atleast I tried.

And maybe someone actually reads this and I didn't wrote too much shit and it actually helps someone. Just gotta deal with eating dirt if you want to get somewhere.
>>
>>36960687
This. But this is for when you leave college. Since you've only got the summer get your average wage cuck job. Grocery store cashier, manual labour somewhere. Have a word with family and see if they can help you out. You're trying to be a productive member of society, they can't bash you for that.
>>
>>36960967
Where do you think you are, if people here had parents that were worth their shit their kids wouldn't be failures sitting on their computer all day.

Don't work anywhere where you don't learn anything. Cashier or carrying fucking crap is not experience it's just slavery literally. You have to do shit jobs if you have nothing to offer but atleast choose a job where you can get a career like in a hotel, like I did, for example. Quality wise it is the same in the beginning, tiring just aswell as the others but its worthful experience you get and you are able to specialize yourself into something.
>>
File: 1 (6).png (195KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1 (6).png
195KB, 400x388px
>>36959073
Like hating yourself and everyone that could prevent you from this. Parents, grandparerents, schooling system. No one never told me what should I pick and learn to not be a fucking slave. Now it is too late.

I am like a blank page - after 26 years of living I have 0 usefull skills in modern society. But hey, I had good grades!

Fuck everyone and schools/teachers. Fucking system.

Wageslaving is like counting days until you an hero cause you will hate yourself more and more. And knowing there is no hope.

I am already counting weeks.

City Guard Officer here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.