[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help quitting weed and getting my life back on track.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1494509957230.gif (2MB, 200x103px) Image search: [Google]
1494509957230.gif
2MB, 200x103px
I need help quitting weed and getting my life back on track.

I want to start doing a body weight routine everyday. Anyone here know of a good one?

Please don't send me to fit, they are somehow worse than us.
>>
Are you using the weed to treat a physical or mental health issue? If so, quitting cold turkey might not be the best option. But the best option might also not be going to a psychiatrist, because psychiatric medications are barely regulated and have far more and more extreme side effects than weed (for example, most antidepressants have been shown to have a causal relationship to suicide--a strong link between weed and suicide hasn't been established).

If you are using the weed to deal with a physical or mental health issue, maybe you could switch to CBD oil. It doesn't get you high but many people still find it helpful for chronic pain, ADD, etc.
>>
File: astronimy.png (549KB, 1080x1086px) Image search: [Google]
astronimy.png
549KB, 1080x1086px
>>36954411
Bro, My life has gone to shit since i quit smoking weed. I am plagued by terrible dreams that wake me up sweating. I have no desire to eat food, even pizza. I have no energy and I cant get myself to lift a weight or do some pushups. I am not skinny though, i am worse...skinny-fat. I lost all of my friends because i they only like me when im smoking, fuck,.

I quit in mid-February and this is still hell for me. I do not tell you this to discourage you. But i will relate. I am going to monitor this thread so i can get some answers too. thanks for posting, anon.
>>
>>36955923

my problem is that I can't be productive while high, and I smoke so much that a join barely gets me going

I need to quit and only smoke on weekends or so, its too much

I just wish being sober weren't as awful as it is
>>
>>36956003
I am with you man. It really is mentally addictive. In the sense that you just make weed a habit and you will do almost anything to sustain that habit. I wanted to just smoke on weekends too, but I would buy an eighth and there would be leftovers, so...you get the picture. I never smoked joints, but I was at about an eighth per day at my worst. It doesnt help that i live across the street from the weed dispencery.

"oh, you have an essay due in a week? Better smoke a blunt first" This mentality NEVER worked for me. I hear catstalk about how weed makes them creative, and im not saying they are lying It just does not work like that for me. You can do it. I can do it. I just dont know how yet. I think about suicide everyday and wish that i dont wake up in the morning. I know my ranting is not helping you, but I hope you know that you are not alone.
>>
>>36954411
http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

I'm working my way through this. Making decent progress.
>>
>>36956163

the worst part is that my life wasn't even that bad when I started regularly smoking

you could say that I made it through an extremely shitty life and was finally about to get my shit together

I usually go a week without smoking once I run out of weed, but the monotonously horrendous every day life just inches me closer to suicide.

I don't want to quit, but I have no choice.
>>
>>36956300
wow. We are pretty similar man. I only started smoking at 18. (I am 22 now). I had made it through some ugly shit, but i was healthy, mentally and physically. I was not a depressed sad boy. Now i am. Let me ask you this, you said you have no choice but to quit smoking. Can you describe the reason why you haven't got a choice?

I personally quit because i need to find a new job and here in California, they drug test you before you start
>>
File: 7435185743547.jpg (40KB, 700x521px) Image search: [Google]
7435185743547.jpg
40KB, 700x521px
>>36956163

How is it living with legal weed within reach? Is it that much more powerful than the crappy weed you get off the streets?
>>
>>36954411
Jus do pullups, chinups, dips, pushup variations, squats, split lunges, ab roller, leg raises, crunches. Theres not much to it doug. Also I quit weed 3months ago, I'm 21 and smoked 6days a week since 14. Feel much better, I just take kava or kratom once in while to kill anxiety
>>
>>36955923
iktf, dont want to eat, got some restless sleep yesterday but I had this half-lucid dream in which it seemed like my mind was just forming a laundry list of reasons why i'm a fucking degen loser
it's just a temporary measure until i can get a job and i know it'll be worth it because it's been too long since i've had a tolerance break but i hate this
i'm substituting it with alcohol and i feel like garbage and i keep farting way more than usual and it smells like i'm dying inside
>>
>>36956377

I managed to get some free time between school and work that I used to spend working on my portfolio or hobbies or reading. Now I get high, fap and lose myself on 4chan for hours.

I'm almost done with school and will have to find a proper job and if I keep slacking off like this I'll be left behind because its so competitive out there.

Heres a question to everyone: when you stop smoking for at least 3 days, do you get that "boost" that means you're sober or do you no longer feel it?
>>
>>36954411
I quit weed at the beginning of the year. I was buying a bag at least twice a week and smoking 5-6 times a day. Being sober sucked at first but It's nice to have a clear head and not feel dependent on drugs. I've caved and smoked a few times but it just makes me feel more depressed now.
>>
>>36956390
I mean, it is pretty cool if you have self-control. I have none and have nearly smoked away my future, so it is not good for me. I seriously do not have to drive to get weed. If i look out my window, i can see the weed shop. I just have to walk down stairs and across the street.
>>
>>36955923
i went through some depression and anxiety after i stopped smoking, lost a lot of the friends i smoked with, this was around october last year, it was shit at first but i feel better at the moment, still smoke occasionally
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.