[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the walking dead is boring as fuck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1492847449522.jpg (63KB, 944x766px) Image search: [Google]
1492847449522.jpg
63KB, 944x766px
the walking dead is boring as fuck
>>
>>36953740
It's not as bad as a Lame of Thrones.
>>
>>36953740
First season was great and second was good. The rest are just filler dogshit.
>>
>>36953897
does it get better when negan arrives
>>
>>36953897

They killed the best characters by the end of season 2.

They didn't plan it out for the long term.
>>
>>36953793
Both are trash.

The last kingdom is true kino
>>
the comics are just as bad. it has no end in sight, the story is designed to just keep going and going and going.

the whole world went zombie crazy around the time walking dead came out, i'm glad that has mostly died down because zombies are so fucking boring
>>
>>36953897
season 2 is where I quit. Str8 TRASH BITCH FUCK YOU FOR LIKING IT!!!!!!!!!!1
>>
>>36953981
Zombies are just vampires for guys.
>>
>>36954008
SOOOKEH
>>
You don't like watching the exact same episode every time where the characters seem to just act randomly?
>>
>>36954008

No. Zombies are zombies. Zombies are the lowest tier of undead, vampires are relatively high tier.
>>
>>36953915
The comics are always good, but it seems they diverge from the comics in bad ways.

Like, Andrea is actually a 10/10 waifu who's also a sharpshooter in the comic and she's immortal. In the series she was like this junkie "political lesbian" who died like vermin.
>>
>>36953915
The episode leading up to Negan is great, but after that he's a huge disappointment and the last season was just more garbage.
>>
>>36953740
>inb4 REEEEEEEEEE SOURCE MATERIAL FASCIST

the comics are infinitely better than the shows, they're definitely worth a read. Lori actually isn't autistic in the comics.
>>
>>36954050
whats the episode?
>>
>>36954059
the comics are better but they are still fucking shit. i gave up after the negan arc finished because kirkman just keeps repeating the same fucking setup over and over again.

they find some place to live that's safe. 3-4 issues of peace with some seedy stuff building up in the background. bam something bad happens and a bad guy shows up. get into a fight. place gets destroyed. start the cycle over again.
>>
>>36954078
Last episode of season 6 (even though the rest of that season was pretty bad).

Season 7 is just awful because every character gets their own boring episode with a lame, already done before plot, and the finale is unfulfilling - Probably their worst finale.
>>
>>36954125
alright ill watch it right now
>>
>>36954113
That's kind of what would happen in an actual apocalypse though. You go somewhere safe, someone wants it, you fight, you either leave, die, or get infected. It's a simple formula that's repeated because that's kind of what would happen.
>>
if you want recent shows actually worth watching:
quarry
the knick
american gods
the americans
narcos
the expanse

the expanse is going to be the next game of thrones crossover hit.
>>
>>36954280
My cousin is in that quarry show.

His name is Jared Bankens, not sure about his character though.
>>
>>36954280
I swear /tv/ is memeing expanse because it's so fucking dull. What is the appeal. I have s1 downloaded and I honestly can't make it past episode 6.
>>
>>36953740

>thank you for sparing me an onion, master, I owe you my life
>>
>>36954326
>What is the appeal

scratches a sci fi itch for me. i even started reading the books because i didn't feel like waiting to see what happens. what don't you like about it? the acting? the acting is kind of weak, yes.

try and get to episode 5 of season 2. the first 5 episodes of s2 are some of the best sci fi episodes ive watched
>>
>>36954465
The acting is weak and the plot is very boring, and I don't care about any of the characters which makes me not care about the overall plot they're in.

I think Syfy has drastically increased the quality of their shows in the last few years but I guess The Expanse won't be one of them
>>
>>36954512
then just give up, it's not for you. if you don't like the plot now you aren't going to care what happens.

i don't really know what you find boring about the plot though, the show is pretty much constantly moving.
>>
>>36954059
>>36953740

I've never read any of the comics but I still the show is boring as fuck now and has been for a while.

I mean these whole entire few seasons - since the Negan arc started - has there ever been more than one or two token zombie per episode? I swear some episodes didn't have any zombies in them or it at the very least felt like it. Now it's just idiots and assholes with guns running around and being stupid.

Granted, the part just before that where a million zombies came out of the quarry and walked up to Alexandria and they had to take care of them that was really cool. That's what zombie fiction should be about.

Before then as well it was very hit-or-miss and mostly miss. Carl not staying inside the house of the whole WhisperFarm saga was boring as shit.

Fear The Walking Dead had potential - I really wanted to see what it was like in the first days and first weeks and first months of the zombie apocalypse - but now they've already ran past all that and it feels like years have passed & it's not any different than the TWD.
>>
>>36954635
they actually addressed this in the comic. Rick said something along the lines of "The dead are a manageable threat. We just need people. We've been acting like they're an invincible force, when really they're predictable enough to fight against". In the show I think they just completely skipped over that. It helped justify the lack of a lot of walkers, now that they were removed from the equation as a serious threat. Also

>nice reddit posting.
>>
File: thinking.png (6KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
6KB, 120x120px
>>36954810
>nice reddit posting.

what did you mean this?

But also the strength of the zombies is a big old question mark.

I mean they're full-blown zombies. Slow, traditional, Romero undead corpses. They're not "infected" like in 28 days later or Left 4 Dead or something else.

They should only be a threat in masses, but loads of people have totally died from 1 vs 1 encounters with zombies.

How strong is a walking rotting corpse that it can rip into your inside with its bare hands?
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>36954635
>than the TWD

>the The Walking Dead

what did I mean by this?
>>
>>36954978
This

Is

Reddit

Posting.

Zombies are a serious threat when you're one-on-one with one, especially considering a bite is equal to death. Also these zombies are caused by an infection that kills the person, then reanimates their corpse. the infection isn't spread by biting, everyone already has it. Once you die, you turn, no matter which was you die. The bites are simply lethal because of the harmful bacteria in the walker's mouth, technically an anti-biotic could be synthesized to combat the infection presented by them. Their strength is also a double-edged blade, I remember watching a show that explained a zombie's inhibitions are gone, so the part of the brain that tries to preserve the body is no longer function, therefore their muscles work at a higher capacity than a normal human's.
>>
>>36954978
>How strong is a walking rotting corpse that it can rip into your inside with its bare hands?

this is why i just fucking hate zombies

the zombies are rotting and their parts are falling off, their limbs can be ripped off with a slight tug, yet im supposed to believe they can rip open or chew through our flesh? the fuck? it's so fucking dumb
>>
>>36953740
Whats with the paintings of large farm animals?
Im struggling to understand them, but I think it has to do with prosperity or plentifulness
>>
>>36955073
What, you mean breaking up my wall of text into individual sentences is reddit-posting? Okay sure.

>bacteria

yeah no, sure like 4 people were mercy-killed after they got zombie cum in their eyes and a scraped knee, but some people were legitimately torn to shreds by one or two zombies. That old fuck who owned the RV.

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYsLDg3WtGU

Literally one zombie sneaks up on him and slams him to the ground and rips into him like a tiger.

>so the part of the brain that tries to preserve the body is no longer function, therefore their muscles work at a higher capacity than a normal human's.

That is SO fucking stupid. Especially when they're obviously rotting. That's now how energy and muscles work.

I would buy some bullshit sci-fi theory about solar-powered nanobots on a cellular level but not "brain power give them bear-like strength"

>>36955085
Yeah, that's why they're supposed to only be a real threat in massive groups, and not 1 vs 1 encouters.
>>
>>36955258
Humans are surprisingly fragile, especially our stomachs. You don't need "bear like" strength to kill a human with your bare hands.
>>
>>36955318
Okay but that is literally a rotting corpse. It doesn't have enough energy to keep itself together on a cellular level, but it has the strength of a 22 year old MMA fighter?

please.

If Humans are surprisingly fragile, a dead rotting human shouldn't be as strong or stronger.
>>
The literary theme of the first two seasons was really impressive. An ethnic finding a place in the diseased and anarchistic world.
>>
>>36955435
>an ethnic finding a place in the diseased and anarchist world.

what? 90% of the cast is white kek. Theres only one black character (T-Dog) in the entire first two seasons, and he isn't the "main" character like Rick. That isn't the themes of the first two seasons.
>>
>watching 3D

I thought we told normies to get the fuck out of here!
>>
File: coop.jpg (48KB, 960x698px) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
48KB, 960x698px
>>36953740
Don't worry. Good television is coming back soon
>>
>>36953915
Quite the opposite. 343original
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.