[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got Any Plans for the future?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
I have a part time-minimum wage job as a casual stocktaker. I can't do it forever but don't know what to do next. I've always been meaning to research alternate paths but I always procrastinate.

I wouldn't min something as long as it's comfy.
perhaps managing a CCTV system or even working in an office cubicle. I've heard those jobs can be bad but I think I might be able to cope by keeping my mind on other things.
>>
>>36953159
>Got Any Plans for the future?
Yes
>>
>>36953322
care to elaborate anon?
(This comment had to be more original to post)
>>
I'm going WWOOFing for the next year (work in a farm 4-5 hours a day for food and bed)

Then I don't know. I might literally become a monk
>>
>>36953159
Cctv is pretty good I hear. That's my plan if I fail police selection again.
Well it's my plan anyway because this job ends in a couple of weeks and police don't start recruiting again until July.
>>
File: 1475360616066.png (565KB, 675x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475360616066.png
565KB, 675x720px
>>36953159
Current plans that may or may not actually work out
>finish meme degree
>either get promoted at current job or go do JET/teaching english in japan for at least a year
>come back
>eventually open up small cafe/coffee bar
>>
Somehow I have managed through a combination of my company's mistakes and a fuck ton of luck ended up as a low level executive. I'm 26 and my promotion mainly seemed to be upper level executive politics, basically I'm a bargaining chip I think?

Either way I've ended up as an assistant director and have started participating in all the executive bullshit that goes along with that.

All in all? I plan on just continuing throwing people under the bus every time something bad happens and waiting for them to realize I'm in way over my head.
>>
I'm using my GI bill to go to college in the fall. I'll probably just smoke weed and dick off all summer though
>>
Tried learning a trade. Bulged a disc in my back. I'm too afraid to go back into the trade school. It's gonna be a few months before it heals
>>
>Taught English in South America and the former Soviet Union
>Live in a state with a large immigrant population
>Applying to teach English at a language institution in town
>Currently work part-time/seasonal

Truth be told, my long term plan is to get into Army Office Candidate School or Air Force OTS. The written exam for the latter takes place at the first Sunday of every month, so I've got a bit of a wait on my hands.

More time to get /fit/, I guess.
>>
I need help.. I'm utterly lost and have no idea what to do to get a paying career. Twenty-four, working minimum wage, already failed college. I could go back but I don't think I can do it. Someone help. I'm willing to do any career that pays slightly above minimum.
>>
>>36954877
I'm going back for computer science. That's my plan
>>
>>36954877
Go to community college and learn a trade. Get a certificate. Google whatever the trade is and call those businesses. Trades won't make you rich and it's hard work in shitty conditions but it's better than the soul crushing minimum wage.
>>
>>36954723
What if it turns out you're really smart and this is all recognition of that fact fampai.
Spooky huh? You're the best and brightest rising star.
>>
>>36954843
I speak fluent German (from America). Would it be easy to land a gig as an English tutor there?
>>
>>36954877
Dude, welding. It pays insanely well. And if you go for underwater welding you could make a doctor's salary (at the cost of your body, it's not very physically healthy).
>>
>>36954995
>Dude, welding. It pays insanely well.
*If you're employed in a large organization that relies primarily off government contracts
>>
I'm a year away from finishing my botched education, and I'm hoping to get a job in that field. Afterwards I'm hoping to eventually go back to school in order to study what what I wanted to in the first place.

I doubt it's gonna play out like I want it to. I'm in a lot of debt (over 100k), so I likely won't be able to return to school until I'm in my late thirties. At that point I probably won't be able to learn well enough to make it far and will probably fail. I also have an obsession with attending a prestigious school, but I'm simply not good enough to ever get into to one. I'll probably just kill myself before my thirtieth birthday.
>>
>>36955036
I'm just wanting to go to get better at math and learn computers science. I've never been to college yet and I'm 25.
>>
>>36955036
>I'm in a lot of debt (over 100k)
Wtf how
>>
I don't want to do STEM but I don't want to be poor but I'm also physically handicapped

What's a good job /r9k/
>>
>>36955095
Might as well just go for art or humanity's.
>>
>>36955062
I want to be a mathematician or get involved with the phil of math. I feel like it's difficult to do that after a certain age.
>>
>>36955116
I know nothing about math so I'm the wrong person to ask. But why do yoy want that
>>
>>36955095
>asking anonymous people on 4chan who know nothing about you to make one of the biggest decisions in your life for you

No. Don't take any "hard" advice from 4chan (or anybody else). Truthfully, if you don't enjoy something you probably won't pass it because of lack of caring will lead to lack of studying/trying, and you most certainly will hate your job.

Find something you would like to do for the rest of your life, and if a college degree doesn't seem feasible to it then don't go to college.
>>
>>36953450
Killing myself. I'm saving up for a .30-06 rifle now, I bought a 1911 a few months ago but I'm too scared it'll fail to use it.
>>
>>36955173
>>36955110
Thanks anons

I'll look for something I truly enjoy doing
>>
>>36955084
Parents were well off enough that I didn't qualify for financial aid and bad enough with their money that they didn't have any to pay for school. I couldn't qualify for any scholarships cause I was shit student. I even chose a shitty school because it was by far the cheapest option, but I had to live there because I can't drive. This final year is also my sixth.

Tl;dr I'm a colossal fuck up.
>>
>>36955197
Just remember: If it doesn't require a college degree then don't go to college.
>>
>>36955222
This. origiangmial
>>
>>36955222
I don't have any choice my back is messed up and I can't do my electrician apprenticeship anymore.
>>
>>36954982

Wouldn't know about teaching there, anon. When I went overseas, I went at the behest of a foreign government or a private language school with which I signed up beforehand so I didn't have to knock on any doors.

At the very least, I assume you'd need a college degree -- could be in anything, as I've found from experience -- and a TEFL certificate. Doesn't have to be a fancy one, although some of the more prestigious schools might look more favorably upon someone with a CELTA or something like that.

Couple that with your fluency in the language and the turnover rate in the industry, it shouldn't be that hard to find something.
>>
>>36955095
Medical coding and billing sounds like a robot job.
>>
>>36953159

Gonna get my CDL and work a local route.
>>
>>36955129
It's the only thing that really interests me. I've wanted to be a mathematician since I was a kid.
>>
I'm 25 now and I've been working the same job for the past 6 years. I work 6-8 months out of the year and collect unemployment for the rest. I have nothing to show for all that time that I've worked, and I'm pretty miserable at my job. I'm thinking about signing up to take classes at the local maritime school. I don't really think that that's what I'd want to do for a career, but I'm not doing anything with my life, so why not. The pay is pretty good depending on the type of job I'd get, and to get into the trade it would cost me under $6,000 which I could pay out of pocket so I never have to worry about student loans.
>>
>>36955268
Well pick a degree that will help you get a job then. My post still applies.

For example: don't go to college for an art degree because you can't be taught creativity
>>
>>36955350
I'm considering either accounting on computer science. I don't know anything about either.
>>
>>36955341
I would seriously get so stressed in algebra I'd chew on my skin. I'm getting better at it. Why don't you just go and do it?
>>
>>36955399
I try to practice in my spare time, but I don't have much time to spare. It's difficult to stay dedicated when I'm stressed out about everything going on in my life.
>>
>>36955642
Same here I'm doing my best to learn it.
>>
going to make a vidya that makes millions
>>
Trying to figure it out currently. Have had some manual labor work on and off recently. I failed so much at college I have no motivation to go back. Need a trade or something...
>>
Every job I've had I hate. I'm realizing that I t might always hate any job I have and will most likely never be happy. Better than homeless I guess.
>>
>>36954877
Here's a fool proof plan.
>Buy diesel mechanic textbook on Amazon
>get cursory knowledge of major vehicle systems
>Apply at nearest Travel Centers of America as a "TSA"(service writer)
>$10.20 an hour starting with no experience and an entry into the lucrative truck repair field
>work your ass off
>get recognized for not being a shitbag
>Get promoted as a TSA and pull about $25 an hour after about 5 years

Or
>they train you as a truck mechanic(about $15 an hour starting and as high as $50 an hour after a decade)

Or
>Get into management/corporate and pull $40k-$60k a year til retirement

>All with pretty much no schooling or experience needed
>>
Probably work this same boring job until I die or get fired.

I've reached the end of education, and it has done me little good.
>>
>>36953159
just got fired from my job last week, going to travel around until my savings run out and then an hero. i refuse to be a wagecuck ever again.
>>
>>36955909
That's how I am I get a job like it for a bit then bate it eventually and quit to get another. I need to just get something that pays good and I can do.
>>
>>36953159
Plant myself in a garbage can and await death
>>
File: Untitledll.png (17KB, 958x424px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledll.png
17KB, 958x424px
>>36957040
like so oreganically
>>
>>36954877
>>36954925

Is electrician a good trade? University didn't work out but I don't want to just do nothing.
>>
>>36957108
Not them but You can do electrician through an apprenticeship, that's my back up plan
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.