[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /argumentative/? I always feel the need to argue with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 1493231384033.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1493231384033.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
Who else /argumentative/?

I always feel the need to argue with every statement people say that I disagree with, which in result makes me have no friends

>normie in discord says all memes are overused and that memes are just used for copy and paste jokes
>tell him that lots of memes are more than just "le ebin 9gag jokes!!"
>use pepe as an example of a timeless meme
>he leaves the chat
>>
>>36951467
I always feel like that so I constantly have to remind myself that no one likes to argue.
>>
>>36951467
Whats discord and why are you talking to people. If your problems can be solved by not talking to people theyre not real problems
>>
I used to be argumentative until I grew up and realized that the majority of people are idiots who argue based on feelings and there's nothing you can do to actually change their minds on any subject.
>>
>>36951467
>Who else /argumentative/?
I'm the opposite. If someone insists that they're right, and I know for a fact that they're wrong, I won't argue because for some reason, I feel bad if I win an argument. I think it has to do with my upbringing and how my dad would get pissed at me if I talked back at him. It somehow carried on into my adulthood
>>
>>36951467
Pepe is not timeless and he has overstayed his welcome. He'd have died a while ago if it wasn't normie's first internet maymay
>>
>>36951467
Sometimes I pick up being argumentative as a means to have a conversation with people. Take the idea and flip it into a question to try and further the conversation but then I find that nobody really wants to even talk to me. They never want to go in depth about anything
>>
File: 1450634952311.jpg (58KB, 984x668px) Image search: [Google]
1450634952311.jpg
58KB, 984x668px
>>36951467
I'm a NEET and I don't watch anime that much, I barely play any video games, I just get into arguments online with as many people as possible all day every day on several websites.

It's a real fucking problem.

Even when I wasn't NEET, the very first thing that I did when we first got the internet back in 2002 was get into an argument with some other retard and we went back and forth for 24 hours straight.

It used to be about mostly politics but these days I'll argue over anything and everything. Some people end up wasting their lives because they're addicted to gambling or drugs - I am wasting my life by arguing with strangers online.

In real life though, I mean back when I used to have a life, I always avoided arguments I would always just half-dismiss half-agree anything anyone said with "hhmm yeah I guess I never thought of it that way".

Strategically picking and choosing all the right words, doing all sorts of research on studies and historical events, and pre-emptively addressing what they might say as response before hitting that Post button is much more satisfying than just arguing in real life.
>>
>>36951881
>Normies having a healthy conversation with each other about X
>Meanwhile anon butts in and says "X fucking sucks and here's why"
>anon then wonders why nobody wants to talk to him

Nobody wants to be around a negative downer.
>>
>>36951706
some people like to argue
people will be amused by the two of you for a bit then disgusted, generally
>>
>>36951929
Most well adjusted people quickly realize that arguing is pointless and no matter how good you are at it, your arguments will not sway their mind, so they call a stale mate and move on with their lives.
>>
>>36951881
>I find that nobody really wants to even talk to me. They never want to go in depth about anything
literally the entirety of human conversation.
>>
>>36951929
Of course, just add "figuratively" to such sentences. I have friends who love to argue.
Actually, just think of the stereotype: nerds are the ones who argue for hours on end. It's weird for normies, as they equate arguing with fighting.
Hell, in English you get into "an argument". In my language, that word is used for debates.
>>36951979
That sounds nice, but most people don't get that far. Women, in particular, just feel that you're disrupting their emotions. For them, arguing is a distressing activity, and they don't bother to explain why.
>Look it just is alright?
>I don't feel ok
>>
>>36952009
I think debate more accurately captures what I was talking about, yeah. It doesn't happen to be popular in the colloquial usage.
>>
>>36951467
then don't argue
just state a disagreeing point and let them argue against if they want to
this way at least you show people you have a backbone and when they say shit you will be that guy that has the guts to talk back
in my virgin opinion women like some confrontation and to be put in their place with words
>>
File: ree.jpg (28KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
28KB, 665x662px
>>36951706

>I constantly have to remind myself that no one likes to argue.

Uh, excuse me? I love to argue. You think you can speak for me!?!?!?
>>
>>36952163
HOLY SHIT
I'M NOT GOING TO WRITE ALMOST FOR EVERY DAMN GENERALIZING SENTENCE
GO EAT A DICK
>>
>>36951979

>Most well adjusted people quickly realize that arguing is pointless

In all seriousness, arguments have changed how I think, how I act...they've actually seriously shaped who I am as a person.

If it weren't for all the arguments I've been through, I wouldn't even be this person. I'd be some thoughtless, stuffed-up douche incapable of evaluating my own ideas critically.
>>
Yes I find myself having to choke back arguments when I disagree with someone at work.

Like the guy at work who is mentoring me who said he considers his dog his son. I wanted to beat his bitch face in.
>>
>>36952174
UHHH WELL THEN MAYBE REDDIT IS MORE YOUR SPEED FAGGOT

IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO SAY WHAT YOU MEAN THEN JUST FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELF FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>36951467
>tfw you were that edgy 14 year old who would try to convince everyone that God doesn't exist
I thought I was being smart but my family was actually laughing behind my back. Then I made the mistake of trying to convince my dad that God didn't exist. He beat the shit out of me and said that as long as I lived under his roof I would believe what he says.
>>
>>36952331
He doesn't really mean he thinks his dog is his son you idiot, it's just something people say to demonstrate that they really love their pet.
>>
File: 1493336724342.jpg (56KB, 642x637px) Image search: [Google]
1493336724342.jpg
56KB, 642x637px
>>36952351
>Then I made the mistake of trying to convince my dad that God didn't exist

I can't believe this ever sounded like a good idea to you
>>
>>36952354
People who "love" a pet belong in extermination camps.
>>
>>36952335
YOU USE OMMISIONS AND METAPHORES IN YOUR DAILY SPEECH TOO
>MORE YOUR SPEED
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT STOP USING SHITTY FUCKING SLANG
WHY WOULD YOU WRITE UUHHH THAT'S A BUFFER FOR ORAL SPEECH
NO, WRITING IRONICALLY DOESN'T FUCKING COVER IT YOU MONGOLOID
YOU ARE A FAILURE
>>
>>36952331
How is that something you can even disgree on?
>I consider my dog my son
>UHH NO YOU DON'T
>>
>>36952386
>well acktchually your dog can't be your son because it didn't come out of your dick
autists being autistic.
>>
>>36951818
T H I S

>DINGDINGDING
>>
>>36952384
>not that anon
I appreciate the sincerity of your hatred.
>>
>>36952386
Are you an idiot? People disagree about values and degenerate outlooks all the time.
>>
>>36952374
Well as I said I was 14/15 and in the "I know better" phase. Served me right. I still have the scars
>>
>>36952426
OP was specifically about arguing, which is about statements posed as truth, whereas this case is a personal value. Completely different.
>>
>>36952426
How a pet owner feels about his pet is neither a value nor an outlook. It's a feeling. Arguing against feelings is a waste of time since they aren't logical.
>>
>>36951818
That frog when too intelligence to argue
>>
>>36952516
You don't know what the definition of "argue" is.
>>
File: nomemes.jpg (225KB, 1589x646px) Image search: [Google]
nomemes.jpg
225KB, 1589x646px
>>36952532
not the one you mean but I want to post it anyway
>>
My name is Tucker
>>
>>36952573
I think he does m8, it's more likely you don't.
>>
Well Gee-Wilikers my names Zed how goes it?
>>
>>36952584
uhh, no it's not you dumb fuck.
>>
Good evening its me John
>>
>>36952604
People argue about values all the time. Stop being such a dumbfuck.
>>
>>36952604
>>36952573

Why don't you have an argument about it?

Go on...the thread is right here. Let's see some rock-hard logic at work. Get to it.
>>
>>36952648
Idiots do, you mean.
>>
>>36952648
>argue
Oregano poster here. This is what I meant.
One thing is arguing over a fact, which is what I was saying. "Prove me wrong" and all that. You use the word like it's commonly used in English, which is just "I don't love you anymore" as opposed to "your statement is factually wrong and I can prove it".
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.