[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do for a living? How did you get into it? How much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1396759065581.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396759065581.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
What do you do for a living? How did you get into it?

How much do you get paid? Is it enough to be financially independent?

Do you enjoy it? Can you see yourself doing it for life?
>>
>>36951460
>Courtesy Clerk, Stuck here after being letgo from my small towns big company jobs, Because of Physical Disability.

>$7.40/hr, Hahahahaha

>Yes, No
>>
hr manager

60k a year

absolutely hate it
>>
OP Why do you have a trap saved to your PC
>>
>>36951460
You're cruel.
>>
softeng intern
40/hr
get fucked robot faggots
>>
>>36951692
Not OP but why not? Pretty qt
>>
Senior Test Engineer
Dumb luck mostly, but skill and aptitude was required for me to do it well enough to get where I am so quickly
I make about $75k a year right now. Which is breddy gud considering I never went to school for it.

I don't think I want to do this much longer though, doing nothing but poking the same software over and over every day for 10 hours gets boring.
>>
>>36951673
>>36951738
>>36951718
>makes a lot of money yet chooses to spend his life on here of all places

You guys are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>36952028
money and happiness are not synonymous
>>
File: 1491622367773.jpg (166KB, 800x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1491622367773.jpg
166KB, 800x1071px
HVAC apprentice
$18/ ho with as much overtime as I want
It's ok. I like my work
>>
>>36951460
I work as a teacher on Saturdays, but I plan lessons in one or two days.
I get paid like 200USD in my country, which is barely enough to support half of the house.
I hate it because I'm a fucking NEET in practice so I don't do my job properly. Every Friday I don't sleep. Right now I have nothing planned. And I like teaching but I'm shit at empathy, forget names, and can't listen to 20 voices at the same time so I just make up the grades. I wonder when they'll fire me.
I'd rather translate shit.
>>
>>36952301
Sorry, neglected to mention.. I got into the job by working for 2 years for minimum wage with a guy who was starting his own business. Once I got enough experience that I knew wtf I was doing, I bounced
>>
Im a mailman. It's not the best but at least most of the day im just walking around along without people bugging me
>>
>>36951460
professional NEET. I applied and was accepted immediately with no interview

Almost nothing, no

Yes and maybe if I don't get bored of it and I won't starve.
>>
>>36951738
What are the requirements for your job? How can I get into it?
>>
File: 1449039615361.jpg (21KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1449039615361.jpg
21KB, 429x410px
>>36951460
can someone hue adjust the hair in this pic to be blonde? please?
>>
>>36951613
Me, Again.

Forgot to mention apprenticing in Appliance Repair, Pretty Cool, Looking at 24k minimum.
>>
>Junior software engineer
Literally lucked into the position, didn't have any format SWE experience but the company took a chance on me.
>$73k, I still live with room mates though
>Yes
>>
>>36952608
How do you get into that kind of position?
>>
>>36952608
What kinda software engineering do you do? I'm actually studying computer science and would kill for a salary like that
>>
>>36952678
Like I said, luck at having been selected for an interview, then rehearsing interview questions in my head enough to overcome how uncomfortable I am talking with other people. It was all about coming across as competent and being able to compensate for deficiencies in my background.

>>36952778
I'm in the defense industry.
>>
Im a carpenter. Always had an itch to fix things, worked as a labourer started when i was 15, now im 19 on a 4 year contract with a big company.

45,000$ + more if i work overtime. I live alone and own a car. Broke as fuck always but i dont like living with people so i pay the extra to be alone.

Its ok work. I dont like socializing so i dont know if i want to do it forever.
>>
>>36951460
Penetration Tester
113k every year.
Pretty chill
>>
>Consultant. Interviewed and got hired.
>70k. Yes
>yeah, but the workload/travel wears you down. Will probably switch jobs in a few years.
>>
>>36953220
Consultant for what? What's your training/education?
>>
>>36953357
Mostly SAP stuff, but pretty much anything related to data warehousing/pipelining/analysis. I studied computer science.
>>
>>36952236
It helps man, it truly does
>>
File: 60186221_p2.jpg (56KB, 730x660px) Image search: [Google]
60186221_p2.jpg
56KB, 730x660px
NEET. Depression, inertia, and laziness

Nothing. No.

The free time is nice to fuck around on the internet, but it sucks not being able to buy anything. Only if I won the lottery or some shit.
>>
how come everyone here makes more than me?

:(
>>
>>36951460
Software developer

$73/yr, $48k after taxes. It's not a lot, but I can live ok with it.

It's an ok job, there are worse things to do for life I guess.
>>
Wtf do you guys suggest I look into? I don't want to do computer shit I have no talents or skills other than programming music I suck at life and everything. I almost got trained as a security guard in school in some criminal justice program but i live in a really small town and there's no jobs like that or anything.
>>
File: 20170506_193618.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_193618.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>What do you do for a living? How did you get into it?
Trucking. Seemed like a cool summer job and grew into a career.

>How much do you get paid? Is it enough to be financially independent?
I'll gross around $1400 a day, and net around $800 of that, and while more than 30% of that used to go to taxes, god emperor trump cut that liability in half. Plenty enough to take half the year off if I felt like it, but I end up giving about half of what I make away to others, buying them things that'll make their lives easier, like cars and houses.

>Do you enjoy it? Can you see yourself doing it for life?
It's comfy, but lonely. I lack the ambition to expand, but I might do it out of boredom some day. I've had employees before and it was miserable.
>>
>>36951460
>indonfag here
>technically still a college student
>managing a social media account for business inquiries
>it all started when i created a social media account, i grew it myself, have some good statistics with it
>got social media partnership contract with the Army
>$300-400 a month, considered normal wage rate in this ricenigger shithole
>totally enjoys it, paid for doing what i love. may consider seek partnership deals with various global companies
>>
>What do you do for a living?
pharmacy technician
>How did you get into it?
by not getting into nursing... but thank baby jesus I didn't, i'm a diagnosed autist and such a social job would have been hell on me
>How much do you get paid?
about $60k/year, about $45k/year after tax
>Is it enough to be financially independent?
yes
>Do you enjoy it?
yes
>Can you see yourself doing it for life?
yes if we're not replaced by robots, not sure if that will happen though as our new robots actually require additional staff to run them
>>
>>36954487
How much did you start out at, and what are your worst fuckups?

I'd get into trucking if I wasn't scared of somehow taking a road that can't handle a huge truck or killing someone or causing some kind of traffic jam or some shit from not taking the proper route or not turning in the optimum way for such a big vehicle. I wish I could just be a human supervisor/passenger in an automated truck where all I did was make sure everything was in order and do basic human interactions.
>>
>>36954568

I also did not get into nursing which was my first choice and so glad it happened that way. Went for lab tech instead. Being a nurse seems like a great idea (good pay, being surrounded by women, in demand, ect.) and you gloss over the fact that you have to clean shit out of peoples asses daily.
>>
>>36952028
all money does is make it so your month isn't ruined by your car shutting down. it doesn't cure your complete rejection by society
>>
File: Screenshot_20170511-230940.jpg (592KB, 1080x605px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170511-230940.jpg
592KB, 1080x605px
>>36954685
About $700 a week. Sometimes I push my equipment too hard. Pic related, a $16,000 mistake.

Millions of dollars are sunk into truck routing every year, but ultimately alertness and intuition is me reliable. Automation is going to be a clusterfuck the first 20 years or so.
>>
>>36954785
ya it's a shitty job (literally) but the nurse college program in my city had such a huge number of people applying to it that you needed a 97% average to get in
>>
>>36954862
Do you think one could get away with being doing weed and various psychedelics as a trucker? I could use fake pee, but cheek swabs and hair tests are a bit more complicated to overcome.
>>
>>36954996
Weed? No. Follicle testing is too common. Mushrooms and LSD? Sure.
>>
Is that really a dude? Most beautiful woman I've ever seen...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.